PDA

View Full Version : If you had the chance to make an album....

TAURO
10-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Doesn't matter wheather you mc or not this is strictly hypothetical, if you were a rapper and was given sufficient resources who would you want to produce your album? and who would feature on it? assuming you would want features, also as a bonus question which label would you sign with?

After enough people post their replys I will give my reasons as to why I asked.
They can be from any country but please give some description of the vibe of that particular persons work.

Ok I'll start

First off I wouldn't want more than four producers on my album because I believe the tracks should just flow from each other, my choices for who would produce would be...

Stoupe (his orchestral sounds would be a great way to kick things off)
Rza (goes without saying, his music would carry a great raw vibe throughout)
Premo (I could never leave him out, that boom bap would be great for those street singles)
9th Wonder (I like the mellow vibe of his beats, he can do great head nodding shit or some cool layed back music, perfect way to end the album)

As far as guests I would keep it limited to just three...

Gza
MF Doom
Redman

It was hard to choose but I chose these three for the different vibes I would get from each.

As far as a label, more than likley I would choose Babygrande, they carry themselves well and promote well too.

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
10-14-2006, 10:53 PM
label: baby grande, you get ok distribution, and artistic freedom

producers
premo, just premo if possible, but if i had to have another, i would have one or two tracks produced by madlib

guests
rae, his verses are fire right now
kweli, same
gift of gab, and zion i we could get together on some real northern cali hip hop shit

PDTantisocial
10-14-2006, 10:57 PM
If I had one guy doin' the whole thing I'd go for Stoupe circa 2003-2004

Guests, man, I'd wanna do the solo thing but there's a lot of peoples, Masta Ace would be my first, a load of others. It'd be cool to do a joint called "Bless the Mic With the Gods" and get a shitload of legends on there like Rakim and KRS and Kane and G Rap, etc.

TAURO
10-14-2006, 10:58 PM
It'd be cool to do a joint called "Bless the Mic With the Gods" and get a shitload of legends on there like Rakim and KRS and Kane and G Rap, etc.

That would be fucking brilliant, I didn't think of that.

CID DIGITAL
10-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Label - Day by Day

Guest - Ern Dawgy, Graveyard shifter , Jon Dough , MC Cosm ... shit the list goes on and on.

Producers - Lord Zero, DJ Yohan solo , Conz.

I choose day by day as the label because there is much promise in that label and not many ppl are trying to get on at the moment.

I choose these artist because they are independent artist that got the hunger and I see them going far with the right help.

Same goes for the producers as for the guest spots.

Graveyard shift
10-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Good thread, Latin.

Me personally, I don't care much for sales. My take on why I make music is really different from others. Really, I do it for the listeners. The way I look at it, I just want to put art out there that's different from the rest. I want to put out variety so I can add on to the selection pool for listeners of rap.

The core of my producionwould come from: Skwirm, The beholder, and Soul Mechanix from the Foundation Unit: www.soundclick.com/thefoundationunit

And Planet Formation: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?CurrentPage=1&bandID=263779

I'd like to work with Havoc from Mobb Deep.

With other beats comming from several different sources on soundclick.

People I'd collabo with: Hmm, I'll keep it simple. I'll work with a friend of mine, Adrian, & people I know, Frank Wit: www.soundclick.com/frankewhitt --no cats from the industry. I'd hit up the last guest spot with a friend of mine, Key rogue.

Label: Ahh, give me any underground label with good studio. All I want is to get my shit out with good quality. I can market it myself.

Urban_Journalz
10-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Damn....
ok....
Mine would have to be a double-disc, because I want to have it half and half. One side, more boom-bap and old school, the other side more mellow and spiritual.

First Disc_
Production: 9th Wonder, RZA, The Beatnuts, DJ Muggs, Cilvaringz.
Guest Spots: Sabac Red (Non Phixion), Diabolic, Evidence, Mad Child, P.R. Terrorist and Jean Grae.

Second Disc_
Production: DJ Hi-Tek, Pete Rock, Blockhead, DJ Honda, Prince Paul.
Guest Spots: Black Thought, Mighty Mos Def, Killah Priest, Bronze Nazareth, The Juggaknots.

Label_
Either Baby Grande or Ninja Tune.

Dope thread dogg.

staycreepin_n_silence
10-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Okay when you say significant resources do you mean money? No guidlines no one telling me what to do just give me some money to make an album?

Label: Afrocentric. first I am going to create a budget so that I can have some advertisement money and invest little to none towards guess produces and emcess

Guess: Only two I would consider that's not local are AZ and black thoughts. Notice I said consider

Production: I'll get productions from heads around the way and lesser know but decent priced Producers.

Let's say a Significant amount was 5 million

The allocation

I'm going to spend anywhere from 500k to 1.5 million on promotion.
I'm spending "up to" one million on productions, so I will have the cheaper but good beats 15. Some I'll make myself others my brother in law. Since I'm going to do a few maybe 3 or 4 I am going to save money.

Guess appearences, one to three other emcess from around my way. No one spectacular. The guess emcess is going to be on a 1 million dollar budget but again I am not going to have but on to three. I believe an album should be all him, and not to many guests not even if you are in the same group. That's why I believe wu as a solo flop. Most solo wu from the past was carried by the whole clan. So I don't want that I want to carry it myself.

I'm not going to be talking about rims, front, street life, or anything else that ahve been over played since the early 90s. I'm not going to promote blackness, but awareness. More like a cause and effect.

Unlike something some else I do want to sale big. You can love all day but at the end of the night love doesn't pay the bills

I estimate that I might have about 2 million if lucky to just chill with. I'm not going to get broke paying off a Rza or large profession. And I have no money coming in off the album that's crazy. Fuck love, I have a woman for that. Fuck love I have a family for that. I have to eat. I spend 3 million I should make 6 million.

Second album, I'll bring on AZ, black thoughts, Kweli, Young Joc and lupe.

Third album Bizzy bone, Inspectah deck, lil jon, rick ross and lyfe and Avant

First album I want it to be all me no guest. Second album is going to be chapter 2. ten albums one book about I'm telling a story. I will retire

Graveyard shift
10-15-2006, 12:34 AM
Word, I feel what the last guy said. It's better to work with local heads or people that you know and are cool with because vibe is so intrigal to any recording being successful.

As much as I like mainstream artist, I just can't see myself being on the same wave of thought with someone like Nas that lives in a different atmosphere, breathes a different air, and sees life differently than my peoples do.

Graveyard shift
10-15-2006, 12:39 AM
The feel is going to be an uplifting feel you know. The vibe you get is that you don't have to be a shot caller or baller to be successful black people. I want to make people aware of what's going on and what we need to change.

The whole going to jail and killing people is wack and the whole buying up a lot of rims and fronts in only make the whites rich and you look stupid. The feel is conscious, it's awareness it's not streets and prison, it's a fell of hiphop develope your own mentality own persona. Which is why I chose AZ and Blackthoughts because I feel they have their own persona and they kick shit people needs to hear.

Man, that's the smartest thing I've read in a while. Peace to Africa, my brother. My family is Nigerian.

Frank Drebin
10-15-2006, 02:47 AM
Label: Couldnt give a fuck
Producer: Rza
Guest: Wu-Tang Clan

TAURO
10-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Okay when you say significant resources do you mean money? No guidlines no one telling me what to do just give me some money to make an album?

Label: Afrocentric. first I am going to create a budget so that I can have some advertisement money and invest little to none towards guess produces and emcess

Guess: Only two I would consider that's not local are AZ and black thoughts. Notice I said consider

Production: I'll get productions from heads around the way and lesser know but decent priced Producers.

Let's say a Significant amount was 5 million

The allocation

I'm going to spend anywhere from 500k to 1.5 million on promotion.
I'm spending "up to" one million on productions, so I will have the cheaper but good beats 15. Some I'll make myself others my brother in law. Since I'm going to do a few maybe 3 or 4 I am going to save money.

Guess appearences, one to three other emcess from around my way. No one spectacular. The guess emcess is going to be on a 1 million dollar budget but again I am not going to have but on to three. I believe an album should be all him, and not to many guests not even if you are in the same group. That's why I believe wu as a solo flop. Most solo wu from the past was carried by the whole clan. So I don't want that I want to carry it myself.

I'm not going to be talking about rims, front, street life, or anything else that ahve been over played since the early 90s. I'm not going to promote blackness, but awareness. More like a cause and effect.

Unlike something some else I do want to sale big. You can love all day but at the end of the night love doesn't pay the bills

I estimate that I might have about 2 million if lucky to just chill with. I'm not going to get broke paying off a Rza or large profession. And I have no money coming in off the album that's crazy. Fuck love, I have a woman for that. Fuck love I have a family for that. I have to eat. I spend 3 million I should make 6 million.

Second album, I'll bring on AZ, black thoughts, Kweli, Young Joc and lupe.

Third album Bizzy bone, Inspectah deck, lil jon, rick ross and lyfe and Avant

First album I want it to be all me no guest. Second album is going to be chapter 2. ten albums one book about I'm telling a story. I will retire

I feel a lot of what you said, granted I never spoke about what I would rhyme about but it wouldn't be about cars, rims and all that bullshit, also I ain't no gangsta so I wouldn't talk about bustin guns either at least not from my perspective.
All I've ever known is poverty, I don't mean borderline homlesness but just struggling to stay afloat both in the uk where I live and my family in Colombia.
This is what I would rhyme about, poverty, the struggle,political issues regarding the uk and latin america but also everyday life.

ps. you through me off completely at the end with lil Jon and Rick Ross wtf?

snapple
10-15-2006, 09:20 AM
production would done by my boy whos in college and absolutley incredible he hasnt put out any work yet, da beatminerz, khrysis, premo, and just blaze.

MC guest appearances would be teknicklestylez from NJ, oktober zero from BX, stretch dollar from BK, a track with jeru the damaja killah priest, and the last guest apparence would be with kool G rap or GZA whichever one was cheaper

Grongle
10-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Babygrande Records
RZA/True masta and bronze beats
On the album....
Raekwon
MF Doom
Mef
Redman
and i might as well have U-god on there 2 ^O^

b-dolo
10-15-2006, 09:48 AM
label-koch
Producers- pete rock, havoc, alchemist
guest spots-az,big boi,cormega,genius

One and Only
10-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Um...I'd want

Premo
RZA
MF Doom
Erick Sermon
9th Wonder
Meccagodzilla

For Features I'd love to get
GZA
Nas
MF Doom
Redman and Meth
Meccagodzilla
Guru

LORD ZERO
10-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Label - Day by Day

Guest - Ern Dawgy, Graveyard shifter , Jon Dough , MC Cosm ... shit the list goes on and on.

Producers - Lord Zero, DJ Yohan solo , Conz.

I choose day by day as the label because there is much promise in that label and not many ppl are trying to get on at the moment.

I choose these artist because they are independent artist that got the hunger and I see them going far with the right help.

Same goes for the producers as for the guest spots.

word 2 dat cid :beer:

The Ghost
10-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Label: I always wanted to sign to Roc-a-fella but I'm noticing the way Jay-Z is doing his artist, so I'mma say Babygrande or Koch.

Producers: Myself, E-Rich (friend of mine), J-Dilla, Hi Tek, Kanye West, Madlib and Just Blaze

Guest: I really don't want that many guest but these would be perfect Ghostface, Lupe Fiasco, Redman, and Common.

Thats pretty much it and I would like to do a concept album like Sticky Fingaz first album.

LORD ZERO
10-15-2006, 11:11 AM
label - babygrande

producers: sun tzu, wargod, jae hoon, 5 element ninja & graveyard shifter

mcs: maximus, ern-dawgy, graveyard shifter, wargod, pharaoh snefru, siris, ten fold, subliminal tha 7th born, silentwarz......basically just all my niggaz i work w/ now lol

all i need for a solid takeover

CID DIGITAL
10-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Man, that's the smartest thing I've read in a while. Peace to Africa, my brother. My family is Nigerian.

Off subject, but , I thought that was you. I thought for a minute that somebody got ur original screen name and flipped it but that quote just gave it away. Peace on an on till Infinity.;)

Skellington
10-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Label: Stones Throw Records

Producers:

-Madlib
-MF Doom
-Bronze Nazareth

Guest Appearances:

-Holocaust
-MF Doom
-Quasimoto

Graveyard shift
10-15-2006, 02:43 PM
That's the thing, people take music as a profession. For me, it would only be a hobby. Who the hell wants music to be their profession? That's a joke. All your work would be a fuckin' product.

Then why not rap about rims and bitches if your taking it as a profession?

WuGambino
10-15-2006, 03:52 PM
First off I'd produce all of my album, half of the songs would be instrumentals and itd be 12 songs long includin intro/outro so I'd have 5 songs with guests.
They'd be (in no order):
1. Method Man & U-God
2. Raekwon
3. Redman
4. Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
5. Q-Tip & Common
... and if I could I'd have Ol' Dirty on the Intro/Outro's

Don't really give a shit about the label, and I only spent a few mins on the guest spots I''l prbably think of someone else when I post this.
Oh I'd also wanna have Aim and DJ Shadow to co-produce a track each... y'know cos you gotta learn from the masters.

Props for the dope thread.

OK Edit: I'd also have Kate Rogers and Dido singing on a track each, maybe Dido on the Q-Tip & Common one and Kate Rogers just on one of the instrumentals contributing to the sounds. I know theyre not strictly hip-hop but if I made an album thered have to be some of that type of singing on it.

TAURO
10-15-2006, 06:37 PM
This is interesting so far, there is a point to this thread than just asking about their own ideal albums, I will reveal all in time but first I would like to see some more posts.

sonny getz
10-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Label:
Stones Throw or Day by Day

Producers:
RZA, Doom, X-Ray

Guest MCs:
Ghostface, Everlast, and Kongcrete, Rodan, and Kamackeris (of MIC).

PLO-Stylez
10-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Sort of on topic but i would want to see a duo album between

KRs-one and Rakim

Production: Pete Rock, Dj Premier

Guests: Nas, Masta Ace, Ras Kass

Label: Anything but Def jam. A label with decent promo

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
10-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Lable : Baby Of Course

Mc's....Im Comfortable wit who i Spit Wit i would want To Spit Wit Tragedy Khadafi Thou

Geust : Call Me Wierd ...Willie Colon And R.I.P Hector Lavoe...Maybe Simon And Garfunckle For Some Deep Chorus

Producers....Im Comfortable Wit Who I Have......One Joint From Stoupe^O^

TAURO
10-15-2006, 09:46 PM
It seems most people feel Babygrande is the label of choice....mm

Ultimate Fist
10-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Disc 1: Riot
Producers: Daz, QDIII collaborating.
Guests: Esham, Ice Cube, Da Lench Mob, Ras Kass, Body Count.

Disc 2: Foundation
Producers: RZA Pete Rock
Guests: Chuck D, Brand Nubian, U-God, Masta Killa, Young Dirty.

Lil' Ruger
10-16-2006, 01:05 AM
label:
i dunno.

producers:

MF doom (just love the cool beats they oh so cool)
RZA (u already know)
dr dre (dispite aftermath haters he's ill wit beats)
DJ clue (not shure if he just mixes or what but i've heard good stuff so w/e)

Guest pplzzzz-

methodman (wit redman)
redman (wit mef)
papoose (just some crazy killa track prolly)
rick ross (to me the dudes got flow)
E-40 (i want 2 experiment and see what happens on a MF beat 2 fit his style)
lloyd banks ( to me he's just a beast on da mic)
U-God (cuz he's dope and we're both light skinned niggas lmao)
Too $hort ( i think he comes correct enuff not the dopest but good)
masta killa (spreadin knowledge wit GZA)
GZA (spreadin knowledge wit MK)
RZA (on one track about guns)
Raekwon (wit G face for drug track)
ghost face killa (wit Rae for drug track)
missy eliot (i dunno y just some crazy track)
pharrel (someone to do a verse and the chorus)
ludacris ( just on some fuckin u up shit on a dre beat)
D12 (including em on a dre beat for some shady madness)
jadakiss (he's been in the game for a hot minute)
camron (wita DJ clue kinda mix sound on some jada throw ya hands up theme)
Krs-one (if i have to have a crazy loud track)
cappa (wit shabazz for an experiment)
shabazz (wit cap)
ODB (wit poetic on some dark track un used but saved verses if any)
poetic (wit ODB on some saved verses)
RAKIM (wit nas and KRS clue mix up)
NAS (KRS RAKIM clue mix up)

GreenPoop!
10-16-2006, 01:26 AM
Producers:
Dangermouse
MF DOOM
Madlib

MC's:
MF DOOM
Pharcyde
Q-Tip
Percee P
Andre 3000

And for a bonus track. Premo beat w/ Nas and Rakim.

Would probably be one whack ass album but whatever.

maestro wooz
10-16-2006, 01:32 AM
label: babygrande
producers: bronze, rza, mf doom
guests: rza, killah priest, gza, grimm, jeru, doom (id try to get all of those but really id only look to have 2-4 songs with guests)

Lil' Ruger
10-16-2006, 01:35 AM
Producers:
Dangermouse
MF DOOM
Madlib

MC's:
MF DOOM
Pharcyde
Q-Tip
Percee P
Andre 3000

And for a bonus track. Premo beat w/ Nas and Rakim.

Would probably be one whack ass album but whatever.

HEY U TOOK MY IDEA WITH THE NAS AND RAKIM SONG O W8 nvm mine had KRS too.

murkoutz
10-16-2006, 01:53 AM
title: the end of the whole mess
label: motown (i know they suck but i'd try and bring'em back to the D)
production: mr porter, dj paul, trent reznor, dj quik, swizz beatz, erick sermon, jack white, massive attack
guest: obie trice, invisible (a local mc),killer mike, project pat, dizzie rascal, juju, tech n9ne, rob aston, young zee, brody dalle, sticky fingaz

and a skit with adam carolla going on a rant about how some chicks like to take crap from guys they know is no good

yeah, that sounds about right

bonez07
10-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Producers:
Premo or Pete Rock, 9th Wonder

Guests:
Talib Kweli, Nas, Eazy E, Big L and Pun

ShaDynasty
10-16-2006, 04:06 PM
i would produce it all myself and put all my friends on it and put it out with a major on my own imprint
i dont think id want many outside guests on it unless they had helped me get the deal
id probably get some underated rappers like Big Jaz, Royal Flush, A.Z. etc on it

RagnaroK
10-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Record Label - any one that let me have my freedom and that is capable of promoting my creation and distribution

Producer - RZA, 4th Disciple, True Master, Cilvaringz And most importanly my self (if i have to decide on someone else i chose Muggs, Kanye,Pete Rock, MF Doom and J Love)

Guest - Nas, B real, Eminem, Common, Mos Def, GZA, RZA, INS, Masta, Mef, B9 and PR Terrorist, Vico C, Tempo(Puerto Rican MC's)

have a song call Consiousness - GZA Nas Common Mos Def KRS One(everybody spitting knowledge) on a RZA beat like Triumph

Edgar Erebus
10-16-2006, 04:21 PM
I was thinking a lot about this, and I think it would be some mafioso shit, something like OB4CL but much more cohesive. And I'd at least try to pull out of guests and producers best they can do in that way, as a mafia story.

Title:
- Once upon a time... OR The Biography

Record label
- Def Jam / Aftermath coop (it would give me most possibilities to engage my guests and prods)

So I think I would engage as producers:
- Dr. Dre (I loved his style on The Firm)
- Trackmasters (same)
- Kanye West
- RZA
- prolly Nashiem Myrick and D-Dot as well
- and... guess why I'm practicing producing now?

Guests:
- Nas
- AZ
- Raekwon
- Ghostface Killah
- Kool G. Rap
- Jay-Z (some of his verses Reasonable Doubt Style)

Assuming I was let the unlimited amount of money, off coruse

RADIOACTIVE MAN
10-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Off subject, but , I thought that was you. I thought for a minute that somebody got ur original screen name and flipped it but that quote just gave it away. Peace on an on till Infinity.;)

peace

that faggot ass muthafucker aint me fam

get off ma name numb nuts...
shit aint changed on this forum has it

wu tang worldwide
10-16-2006, 05:26 PM
label: def jam producers: premo,rza,pete rock,buckwild,inspectah deck guest artist nas,ice cube,ice t ,raekwon,scarface,jadakissand guru

Rebel_INS
10-17-2006, 01:34 AM
Producers
1.RZA
2.Premo
3.J-Dilla
4.Math

Guests
1.Anyone from the Wu group/fam.
2.Big L
3.Afu-Ra

PDTantisocial
10-17-2006, 02:33 AM
I'd do a Fight Club themed shit called "Jack's Smirking Revenge". Do a Long Hot Summer style concept with skits and shit chronicling a life in the music industry, from a hopeful bright-eyed kid to a rap star to a dude who gets shitted out the back end and goes on an insane killing spree.

The lead video would be on some Fight Club shit. I, the producer, would play Brad Pitt while the rapper would play Ed Norton. I'd be lip synching his lyrics through half the video, until he comes to the realization that he's a schizo and that we're the same person and kills me by clicking his mic on, then does the rest of the vid himself, yeah!

TAURO
10-17-2006, 08:45 AM
I'd do a Fight Club themed shit called "Jack's Smirking Revenge". Do a Long Hot Summer style concept with skits and shit chronicling a life in the music industry, from a hopeful bright-eyed kid to a rap star to a dude who gets shitted out the back end and goes on an insane killing spree.

The lead video would be on some Fight Club shit. I, the producer, would play Brad Pitt while the rapper would play Ed Norton. I'd be lip synching his lyrics through half the video, until he comes to the realization that he's a schizo and that we're the same person and kills me by clicking his mic on, then does the rest of the vid himself, yeah!

Thats all good an all but you haven't answered what I was asking.

PDTantisocial
10-17-2006, 09:05 AM
I already did answer, this is my second post here, I'm just spoutin' off concepts and shit now

SHRAP
10-17-2006, 09:06 AM
production done by a crackhead wit false teeth and a fisher price tape recorder

guest appearances by teknickel stylez, M.O.B. decoy, red-b, melvin on the hooks, vanilla ice and random crackheads ill pay wit rocks only

McTom
10-17-2006, 09:13 AM
producers - dj premier, rza, havoc, mathematics, kubus [dutch]

guests - meth, gza, raekwon, masta killa, guru, prodigy and a lot of more guys I probably forgot...

TAURO
10-17-2006, 09:17 AM
I already did answer, this is my second post here, I'm just spoutin' off concepts and shit now

yes you did, my bad.

TAURO
10-17-2006, 10:29 AM
I would add that for my album the vibe would be quite dark, quite a grimey sound to it, think Psycho Realm, 36 chambers, liquid swords, temples of boom etc..

CID DIGITAL
10-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Shit, at this point, all I wanna know is who's comin with me?

TAURO
07-31-2007, 06:09 AM
Time to bring this back.

CharlesJones
07-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Producers

Pete Rock
DJ Premier
Large Professor
Da Beatminerz
Erick Sermon

Guest appearances

KRS One
Kool G Rap
Canibus
Redman
Keith Murray
Freddie Foxxx
Ras Kass
Wu Tang Clan
Onyx
Guru
MC Eiht
MC Ren
2Pac(if he was still alive)
Nas
Mobb Deep
Paris
Phife of A Tribe Called Quest
Willie D
Dead Prez
Ceelo of Goodie Mob(he would have to rap on my album and not sing LOL)

CharlesJones
07-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Plus if i was a rapper, i would keep my music underground and hardcore everytime. Fuck the mainstream and radio. I would never make any radio songs. I'd sign with a independent label like Koch or any independent label that would allow me to do street hardcore music with hard beats. Plus i'd like to do a song with Queen Latifah, Lady Of Rage, MC Lyte, Boss, Rah Digga, Lady Luck, Yo Yo, The Conscious Daughters, Heather B and let them have their shine so i can show my love for the tight female lyrical rappers which is what these ladies are because they don't get that much love from the men so i wanna show them that i love them by having them on one song together.

GhettoGnom
07-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Production:
Stoupe
Dj Kno
RZA

Guest features
One track with G Rap, R.A., Chino XL, Nas, Eminem(slim shady style) & Canibus.
One with Joell Ortiz & Saigon
One with Redrum[from flatlinerz], Sticky Fingaz & RZA(gravediggaz style).
One with Tech N9ne & Chino XL
One with Tech N9ne & Tonedeff
One with R.A. & K-Rino

(damn I would have been outshined :( )

Z3RO
07-31-2007, 11:50 PM
Damn........

Production: Mf Doom, A Plus, Rob Sonic And Rza/bobby Digital

Guests: Mf Doom, Kool Keith, Murs And Gza

Label: Either Def Jux Or Hiero Imperium/hieroglyphics

HarlemDiplomat
08-01-2007, 12:04 AM
Well my first album will have no famous guest appearances... only maybe well established underground artists.

But my sophomore LP...

Production: RZA, Dr. Dre, L.E.S., Hi-Tek, Havoc, Battlecat, Darren Vegas, Kanye West, Just Blaze, J.R. Rotem, MF Doom

Guests: (Not all who I like but these are who I'll sound good with) Raekwon, GZA, AZ, Kurupt, .40 Cal, JR Writer, KRS One, Chuck D, Styles P, Chamillionaire (for the south fans)

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Lady Sovereign, cause i think she's hot, and seeing her sweat in the booth would make my day. (this is optional)

Ha ha. I always thought Lady soverign looked like a twelve year old little gobshite. Hate her music as well. Sad to see thats pretty much the only export to the US we've managed from the UK so far.

I'm pretty damn happy with my producer right now (you guys'll see soon when we drop something - the guy's NICE).

But it would have to be:

Producers:

Pete Rock
Premo
RZA
Prince Paul

Guest MCs:

GZA
MF Grimm
Mr. Lif
Rakim
Slick Rick

Durag
08-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Id keep one producer throughout the whole album if i could, because i think albums that do have a special feel, flow and atmosphere to them that albums with loads of producers dont. Id maybe use the Beatminerz for that early 90s gritty New York sound a la Enta Da Stage of Dah Shinin'. The RZA would obviosuly be a high contender, as would Stoupe, but id make a different sounding album if i used him. Id like to get Premo for some Boom Bap bangas but not sure if id use him for a full album.
Guests id keep to a minimum, as most of my favourite albums have fuck all guests. If i cud id use
Nas
Pharoahe Monch
GZA
Canibus
Mybe leave it at that. Then again those muthafuckers would outshine me like fuck, so maybe use 50, Ja, Yayo etc etc so il sound like the greatest thing to happen to hop-hop.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Stoupe + GZA

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Stoupe + GZA

That would be a nice combination for an album by themselves!

Longbongcilvaringz
08-01-2007, 11:35 AM
yeh thats it, a GZA and Stoupe album.

maybe a few years ago i would have said GZA and Muggs, but Muggs work on "Grandmasters" wasnt what i was expecting.

Guarded By Martyrs
08-01-2007, 01:06 PM
"The Whers Album"

I would probabally just drop a few verse's here and there but I would be the Engineer

Producers:

The RZA,Stoupe The Enemy Of Mankind,Necro,Molemen,
Falling Down,Skarekrow,4th Disciple,Blue Sky Black Death,
MoonGod Allah,Shogun Assassin,Tru Master,Mathematics,
John The Baptist,Godz Wrath

Guest Apperances:

Holocaust/Warcloud/Alctraz/Robot Tank,U-God,Killah Priest,
Jus Allah,Jedi Mind Tricks,GZA,Raekwon,Virtuoso,R.A. The Rugged Man,
Chino XL,Goretex,Sabac Red,King Just,Canibus,Tragedy Khadafi,
HeadRushNapoleon,RZA,Masta Killa,Outerspace,King Syze,Obie Trice,
Cuban Link,Hell Razah,Timbo King.

In the mould of the SNOWGOONS album or Think Differently!

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-01-2007, 01:11 PM
yeh thats it, a GZA and Stoupe album.

maybe a few years ago i would have said GZA and Muggs, but Muggs work on "Grandmasters" wasnt what i was expecting.

I like the beats on Grandmasters, but I thought a lot of it was realy poorly mixed and mastered. GZAs lyrics on General Principles were class but you can't even hear him properly. The remix was a lot clearer, but I prefer the original beat.