PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Q-Tip considered top 10?

Tetsuo
10-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Dude has been the main contributer to THREE undisputed classics. That's more classic albums than the Clan has. He's also a brilliant mentor and one of main dudes who backed Nas and helped put on Mobb Deep. His influence on Nas, Mobb Deep, and other MCs is indisputable. He also has one of the most unique flows and some of the most clever and poignant lyrics of any MC ever. Top 10 dead or alive, without a doubt.

snapple
10-15-2006, 11:48 AM
there is no offical top ten man.....top10 is just a fun thing to do everyone has their own top10....and yea q-tip is incredible word to that

Tetsuo
10-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I know there's no official Top Ten and it all depends on your opinion, but I still find it surprising that most lists, from the most stereotypical to the most obscure, don't usually include Q-Tip.

12weLvE
10-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Good question...perhaps because he is not a solo artist

xHard to Earnx
10-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Good question...perhaps because he is not a solo artist

Yes he is.

J-DON
10-15-2006, 12:02 PM
^He pretty much is on the ATCQ Albums as much as any solo artist is on their solo albums with all the guest whoring thats going on today. I think Phife is on like 4 songs on their first album!

deadlymelody
10-15-2006, 03:10 PM
I have tons of respect for Q-Tip. He's a big part of the 2nd best rap group of all time.

Kenny Powers
10-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Q-Tip would not make my top 10, but I still got madd respect for him. A tribe called Quest is historic and one of the best rap groups ever and no one can argue that. But I dont consider him solo top10 material because im not that familiar with his solo shit...

12weLvE
10-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Yes he is.

Well yeah he is...but he is looked at more for his work with the Tribe...Amplified was aight and thats bout it.

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
10-15-2006, 09:28 PM
I have tons of respect for Q-Tip. He's a big part of the 2nd best rap group of all time.

4th best to me but up there...ABSTRACT SUN

TAURO
10-15-2006, 09:49 PM
I think the reason why he is not in many top ten lists is because truth be told the competion is fearce, not everyone can make it, it's a shame but it is what it is.

tical2000
10-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Dude has been the main contributer to THREE undisputed classics. That's more classic albums than the Clan has. He's also a brilliant mentor and one of main dudes who backed Nas and helped put on Mobb Deep. His influence on Nas, Mobb Deep, and other MCs is indisputable. He also has one of the most unique flows and some of the most clever and poignant lyrics of any MC ever. Top 10 dead or alive, without a doubt.

I hope you are saying the CLAN only has less than 3 group album classic's......which would be FOREVER and 36 CHAMBERS, because if you take the WU solo's into account the Wu has more classics than any other group in hip hop history.....

A far as groups albums go, A TRIBE CALLED QUEST has has done 3 classic albums, I would also consder BEATS RHYMES AND LIFE a classic too, and maybe even LOVE MOVEMENT.....

And I would also have Q-TIP in my top 10 as well

based on per album dope-ness A TRIBE CALLED QUEST is probably the best rap group of all time.....they never really released a bad album, 5 albums and all of them are good

Bedlam
10-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Their first album isn't really considered a classic, Low End Theory and Midnight Maurauders are so much better.

Edgar Erebus
10-16-2006, 04:29 PM
[Chorus]
[Marsha] Money, cars, clothes, sexy broads, plenty more, go.. get you some
[Q-Tip] Mansion, lots, planes, Phantoms, bitch you better...
[Marsha] Go.. get you some
[Q-Tip] Hustlin, jugglin, robbin, stealin shit, I gotta get this fuckin
[Marsha] Money, cars, clothes, sexy broads, plenty more, go.. get you some
[Q-Tip] Fortune, power, fame, passion for this shit you need to...
[Marsha] Go.. get you some
[Q-Tip] Don't stop, nigga we ain't done, gun it through your fuckin road block

That's why

ShaDynasty
10-16-2006, 04:32 PM
That's why

stfu

thats not the reason hes not in a lot of top tens, it cos there are at least ten rappers in the game better than him, but tip is definetly a legend with a great legacy, and hed be in my top twenty