PDA

View Full Version : Bizzare Ride or Labcabincalifornia?

Funk_Dock
10-15-2006, 05:43 PM
these are the only 2 pharcyde albums ive listened to, and i can easily say that bizzare ride (along with midnight marauders) is my favourite album.

recently i purchased labcabincalifornia, and after a couple of listens i wasnt feelin it. after giving it a few more listens, i could see why sum people wud consider this pharcydes best album. the beats...the lyrics.....both albums are on point

thoughts ??

oldie
10-15-2006, 06:02 PM
ummm...Midnight Marauders is ATCQ!

i got Bizzar Ride, only Pharcyde album i got. i dont like it too much to be honest, just something about it dont like, i can see why people love it. i reckon the only decent tracks on the album are Oh Shit, Ya Mamma & Return of The B-Boy .

Funk_Dock
10-15-2006, 06:07 PM

i got Bizzar Ride, only Pharcyde album i got. i dont like it too much to be honest, just something about it dont like, i can see why people love it. i reckon the only decent tracks on the album are Oh Shit, Ya Mamma & Return of The B-Boy .

never said it was pharcyde...just mentioned that it was my favourite album.

yeh i guess i can see y some people wouldnt like it, its not for everyone tho it deserves a listen

7EL7
10-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Bizarre is the classic and to me a better album vibe wise

Lyrics and flow is tighter on the second album but it lacks the raw hungry feel to it

Sir-Will-II
10-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Bizarre Ride.... "Passing Me By"... "Soul Flower remix" ..."Officer"...the album is just, I think the adolensence of it I enjoy it a lot more than the more matureness and, jabs to industry shit on Labcabin...

TAURO
10-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Each have their own vibe which I enjoy but if I had to choose it would be Labcabin... because it feels more structured soundwise rather than the craziness of the first although I do like it but Labcab wins if only because it has one of my favourate joints (Drop).

Sicka than aidZ
10-15-2006, 07:16 PM
YEAH IT DEPENDS THEY ALL GOT COOL VOICES IM INTO BIZARRE RYDE MORE BUT I BOUGHT LABCAB WHEN I WAS LIKE 15 SO U KNOW I WAS INTO MORE CRAZY SHIT. I THINK THEY'RE BOTH CLASSIC. IVE NEVER HEARD BIZARRE RYDE ONE IF ITS EVEN OUT THERE. NEVER HEARD OF IT ONCE.

PDTantisocial
10-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Bizarre Ride is their best, though I love both.

Peep the Bizarre Ride page on wikipedia, I'm tryin' to get it to featured status.

tical2000
10-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Both are classics....

I think LABCABINCALIFORNIA is the better album though, it has aged better over time....

their first album is great, but its alittle to immature for me now, I like the LABCABIN better

GreenPoop!
10-15-2006, 11:39 PM
I enjoy Bizarre Ride more too.

"Passing Me By" is great and "Otha Fish" is fucking awesome.

One and Only
10-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde is my favorite of the two

mn2683
10-16-2006, 10:42 AM
labcabincalifornia

CharlesJones
10-18-2006, 04:08 PM
LabCabinCalifornia

RynMur
06-03-2008, 06:42 PM

Light up a blunt and listen to it. I bet you'll like it then.

buckshotstheone
06-03-2008, 07:08 PM
labcab

Orion Nebulus
06-03-2008, 08:23 PM
I love The Pharcyde man. Both albums are dope....but I have to go with Labcabincalifornia. I just felt it had a better vibe and it has one of my fav joints they ever did....Groupie Therapy, Drop, Moment in Time and The Hustle.

sakk
06-03-2008, 08:27 PM
2 great albums

Also, the only 2 pharcyde albums I would want to own.

hide1998
06-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Both are must-owns and I'd say you're not a real hip-hop fan unless you have them in your collection. I slightly prefer Labcabin over Bizarre, but quality-wise they're equal in my eyes.

Prolifical ENG
06-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Labcabincalifornia

thamainfacta
06-03-2008, 09:50 PM
labcabincalifornia hands down! the tracks on it ('Runnin', 'drop', 'bullshit', 'groupie therapy', 'moment in time', 'the hustle') just kill everything on br2tp.

elantratuner
06-03-2008, 11:23 PM
I have only heard Bizarre Ride II and I love it. Classic album, have hear dtracks off Labcabin but not the full album so my vote goes to Bizarre Ride.

6 Chambaz
06-04-2008, 03:05 AM
I love both albums, but Labcabin always stood out for me

LuckyTheWonderDog
06-04-2008, 03:24 AM
Bizarre Ride for me, but like most here I still love Labcab.

KLIION JENSEN
06-04-2008, 04:02 AM
Bizarre Ride pisses all over Labcab, for me Labcab only had Drop that was worthy, and that was mostly down to the video which was fucking ill, but Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde was fucking amazing from start to finish - 4 Better Or For Worse, Soul Flower, I'm That Type Of N**ga, Oh Shit & Pack The Pipe were all my shit, fuck this, i'm gonna go find that album out and bump it, fuck this internet shit....

WuGambino
06-04-2008, 01:56 PM
^^
nooooooooooo... labcab all day

-The A to the Z-
06-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Definitely Bizarre Ride, I like the energy, humour and feel of it alot more.

Although obviously, there may be those nights when you're feeling chilled and want some of that Labcab smoothness, a day when you just want to:

http://www.hiphop.gr/subjects/mixtapes/raekwon.jpg

next to a fire in a lounge or living room.

But listening to Labcabincalifornia makes me depressed, because i know that immediately afterwards, the Pharcyde went to Hell.

Focus Man
06-04-2008, 03:56 PM
I like Bizzarre Ride a lot more.

CommSense
06-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Bizzare Ride by miles. Top 25 album.

KLIION JENSEN
06-04-2008, 06:46 PM
^^
nooooooooooo... labcab all day

in your opinion....Bizarre Ride all year, nevermind all day

Sgt Holly Wood
06-05-2008, 05:06 PM
i enjoyed labcabincalifornia more

LORD NOSE
06-05-2008, 06:44 PM
fat lip wasn't on labcabin like he should have been - they were going through problems as a group and you can hear the beefin in the lyrics - they should have forced lip to get some help and they would have been making good shit right now -

they both were native tongue tryout albums - De Las flow and Tribe Trys
but they made some classics - if it wasn't for us, "yo Mama" wouldn't have never came out (don't ask) - Bizarre Ride is silly as hell LabCabin had a more polished, focused sound
Drop and Running is a continued climb from passing me by but labcabin also had its share of wack cuts - and thats why i chose BRII

Edgar Erebus
06-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Labcab ain't got "Passin' Me By", so Bizzarre Ride wins.

Seriously, that's the reason. Labcab ain't got such playful, youthful, fresh lyricism as displayed on "Passin' Me By". Yeah, they grew mature, but it didn't fit them. Too bad.

2Bladez
06-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Bizzare Ride 2 The Pharcyde is bit better

CharlesJones
06-07-2008, 11:14 AM
It's hard for me to choose which album i like better because i like both of The Pharcyde's first 2 albums. LOL@Fatlip's lyrics on Runnin song when he said respect i used to never get cause all i got was upset when niggas used to be like what up fool and tried to sweat a nigga like the lip hahahahahahahahahahaha. Down the hall and kicking it in the back of the school eating chicken at 3 and wondering why is everybody always picking on me LOL. My pappy never told me how to knock a nigga out LOL. Fuck around with Fatlip and yes you'll get blown LOL. Fatlip is a funny dude. Have ya'll heard his solo album The Loneliest Punk? That's a funny album. His song What Up Fatlip makes me laugh. He should do some more solo albums. I also liked the freestyle he said in Rhyme And Reason rap documentary movie.