PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Mysticism

Ultimate Fist
10-17-2006, 12:15 AM
I have started studying eastern mysticism again in the form of chi kung. Its very interesting stuff. I thought I'd share some of my experiences with various schools of meditation over the years and see if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

When I was 13, I was listening to Art Bell when I heard a caller talk about a wierd experience she had with a mirror. She said that her teacher at a Buddhist center had taught her a technique called mirror gazing where one stares at a mirror with only a candle to light the room until an image appears that supposedly reflects one's soul. She said her reflection disappeared.

The next day I'm at the book store looking at kung fu books like I always used to do when I find this one, Path Notes of An American Ninja master, that describes the same mirror technique that I heard about the night before. I go home try it and while I do it I get this wierd feeling. The image in the mirror gets shaky and for a moment, like a few seconds, I disappear. It was the wierdest shit I've ever experienced. I didn't even realize it happened until a moment afterward because I was so absorbed in the meditation (which is the key to doing it right.) Needless to say, I went back and bought the book. Pretty good introduction to mysticism- covers tantra, chi kung, dreams ,everything. So I try some of the stuff and it actually works. I find the chi kung makes me really good at kung fu in class and I'm becoming really creative because my brain is all charged up. Unfortunately being a stupid 13 yr old I didn't have the discipline to keep up the practice. Plus I kept hurting my meridians because I didn't have a master to teach me how to do it right. So over time my practice got worse and worse until eventually I just kind of forgot about it.

A couple years later though I try again while I'm at my cousin's house for a month and shit got really wierd. About 16 days into my practice, I begin to get these little waves of light on the back of my eyelids. Their starting to take shapes. One time I got what I'd call a vision. Africa appeared on the back of my eyelids with yellow green and red stripes. I knew almost no black history at that time because I was raised by my white mom and stepdad so I didn't realize those were the colors of Ethiopia. Then its really wierd, a Bob Marley song popped in my head and I saw in my mind's eye this courtyard with all these guys in black suits walking around. They were dressed like Marcus Garvey, which again I didnt get at the time. Later that year, I found a copy of Message to the Blackman lying in the street and read it having no idea who Elijah Muhammad was but I felt a strong pull to it (Interestingly I also stopped associating with the Nation on the I Ching's advice at a time when it later turned out to be a good idea as there was some internal conflict at the local branch). Somedays I strongly suspect this was a past life thing even though its against my religion to believe that.

Then the day before I left to go home, I experienced mushin. I was orbitting the chi but when it hit my head my thoughts turned off. I felt like I was from Mars for two days then things went back to normal.

Once again i fell out of practice but when I look back on this shit I cant believe I keep letting mself do that. hopefully having a master will help me focus better.

Decipha Born
10-17-2006, 01:06 AM
Dam u need to smoke weed then do that shit........

Urban_Journalz
10-17-2006, 04:38 AM
Yo Fist, first things first.
Yes, definatlely continue to study and practice your craft but take it slow. You seem to have a stronger connection to these energies than most other people. It's a good thing, but as your meridians told you earlier in life, too much at one time can be dangerous.
Also, be really careful how often and where you even think about things like this. The thought is real, physical is the illusion. The more you practice, the better your visualization will get. The faster and more fluid your movements will become, etc. It'll be like 2nd nature to bend like a reed in the wind.

You should take up energy-gathering meditations. Start with like 20 minutes. Your connection is high, so you don't want to do it for too long, you'll get a headache fast.

That sounds crazy tight though man. Just don't go runnin' off the The Dark Side with it.

*Not Laughing*

CEITEDMOFO
10-17-2006, 08:24 AM
I have started studying eastern mysticism again in the form of chi kung. Its very interesting stuff. I thought I'd share some of my experiences with various schools of meditation over the years and see if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

When I was 13, I was listening to Art Bell when I heard a caller talk about a wierd experience she had with a mirror. She said that her teacher at a Buddhist center had taught her a technique called mirror gazing where one stares at a mirror with only a candle to light the room until an image appears that supposedly reflects one's soul. She said her reflection disappeared.

The next day I'm at the book store looking at kung fu books like I always used to do when I find this one, Path Notes of An American Ninja master, that describes the same mirror technique that I heard about the night before. I go home try it and while I do it I get this wierd feeling. The image in the mirror gets shaky and for a moment, like a few seconds, I disappear. It was the wierdest shit I've ever experienced. I didn't even realize it happened until a moment afterward because I was so absorbed in the meditation (which is the key to doing it right.) Needless to say, I went back and bought the book. Pretty good introduction to mysticism- covers tantra, chi kung, dreams ,everything. So I try some of the stuff and it actually works. I find the chi kung makes me really good at kung fu in class and I'm becoming really creative because my brain is all charged up. Unfortunately being a stupid 13 yr old I didn't have the discipline to keep up the practice. Plus I kept hurting my meridians because I didn't have a master to teach me how to do it right. So over time my practice got worse and worse until eventually I just kind of forgot about it.

A couple years later though I try again while I'm at my cousin's house for a month and shit got really wierd. About 16 days into my practice, I begin to get these little waves of light on the back of my eyelids. Their starting to take shapes. One time I got what I'd call a vision. Africa appeared on the back of my eyelids with yellow green and red stripes. I knew almost no black history at that time because I was raised by my white mom and stepdad so I didn't realize those were the colors of Ethiopia. Then its really wierd, a Bob Marley song popped in my head and I saw in my mind's eye this courtyard with all these guys in black suits walking around. They were dressed like Marcus Garvey, which again I didnt get at the time. Later that year, I found a copy of Message to the Blackman lying in the street and read it having no idea who Elijah Muhammad was but I felt a strong pull to it (Interestingly I also stopped associating with the Nation on the I Ching's advice at a time when it later turned out to be a good idea as there was some internal conflict at the local branch). Somedays I strongly suspect this was a past life thing even though its against my religion to believe that.

Then the day before I left to go home, I experienced mushin. I was orbitting the chi but when it hit my head my thoughts turned off. I felt like I was from Mars for two days then things went back to normal.

Once again i fell out of practice but when I look back on this shit I cant believe I keep letting mself do that. hopefully having a master will help me focus better.

kung fu is for gays, i pratice a special art that is mastered by my a-alikes(tony ja,jet li)

its the art called "masterbation"

LHX
10-17-2006, 09:53 AM
mysticism is a bad word

too many negative connotations around it at this point thanks to the tradition of new-age hippies

although chi is a good notion, you can only prove it insofar as you can prove the existence of unicorns

that being said, studying the disciplines and foundations and traditions of Kung Fu will not make you a worse person fo sho

its potent shit

Jesus Christ
10-17-2006, 10:12 AM

I've had similar experiecnes on acid, mushrooms, and exstacy laced with acid. Ahhh....good times, good times.

Urban_Journalz
10-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Dam u need to smoke weed then do that shit........

That's when I first got in touch with stuff like this. I had learned about the chakras when I was smokin' with one of my homies. Then I was like, "I wonder what happens to the chakras when you smoke?" Went online, found out, bam.

Still, even though it's a good way to get there fast, you do it too many times and you'll do more harm than good. That's why I said in the "Power. Yours and Mine" thread, that it's better to take the other plants and roots and barks that get you there, but that won't damage your body like weed does.

Even after that, don't become dependent on those. Practice clear-mind meditation as well.
Have a balance.

Urban_Journalz
10-17-2006, 04:49 PM
mysticism is a bad word

too many negative connotations around it at this point thanks to the tradition of new-age hippies

although chi is a good notion, you can only prove it insofar as you can prove the existence of unicorns

that being said, studying the disciplines and foundations and traditions of Kung Fu will not make you a worse person fo sho

its potent shit

True, mysticism is demonized, just like the word "magic" in the western world.

Chi can be proven. Telekinesis has been proven.
Look at the cases of people who took Tai Chi or Chi Kung and were cured of diabetes and cancer. Sure, it wasn't just these things, but once coupled with the regular things people do like herbs and a healthy diet, these people heal way faster than others.

It's not studying the disciplines that would make him a bad person, it's what he would do or not do that may, potentially make him bad if he doesn't have control over his patience. Remember what happened with Anakin Skywalker.

Prince Rai
10-18-2006, 05:37 AM
Chi is something we inherit from God, a power that cannot be imagined as it remains unseen at most times. Meditation engenders our soul, true consciousness which upholds the "chi".

I believe we are God, by virtue of having been blessed with God's consciousness trapped in our bodies which makes us weak ultimately.

Nurturing a rightoues path in life, makes us more powerful in various different ways and things happen to you, that you couldn't have planned. It's like the universe falls under your feet.

I dont know how many feel these words Im saying, but believe me I know where im coming from.

Peace and Blessings

LHX
10-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Chi and Telekenesis cannot be proven.

I agree that they are likely, but they cannot be proven.

You cannot show somebody a can of Chi, or show somebody that something is the process of, or result of, Telekenesis.

Its all part of the discipline.

Plus I'm sure any Taoist master would tell you that anybody who has mastered their Chi has no need to prove anything to anybody.

In all honesty, this is a perfect example of the flaw of communication: the existence of things that cannot be proven between 2 people using words.

People can go back and forth eternally weighing the pros, cons, and evidence of the situation. But ultimately "the Way that can be spoken of is not the True Way".

I use my Chi energy to inform you that there is no Chi anywhere.

Urban_Journalz
10-18-2006, 10:47 AM
I use my Chi energy to inform you that there is no Chi anywhere.

/(
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyea

the silencer
10-18-2006, 06:41 PM
People can go back and forth eternally weighing the pros, cons, and evidence of the situation. But ultimately "the Way that can be spoken of is not the True Way".

thats all u needed to say...

peace