10-17-2006, 02:44 AM
welllllllll they tellin the truth

maestro wooz
10-17-2006, 02:51 AM
fuck the south

MR HIP HOP HEAD
10-17-2006, 04:19 AM
fuck the south

U from Maryland. Ain't Maryland part of the South?

Bone Collecta
10-17-2006, 04:37 AM
fuck the south

ur an idiot and Outkast most likely shits on ur fav rapper

MMTX
10-17-2006, 04:54 AM
Why you gotta hate on the South for? Anyway, that was only a few people from ATL talking bout NAS not the whole entire South. They're probably just talking all that noise because they wish they were in his place anyway....

PDTantisocial
10-17-2006, 06:32 AM
I don't think they get what he's talking about. He ain't talking about the music isn't commercially viable and it ain't gonna be around anymore, he's talkin' like the culture is bein' killed off by all this shitty disposable mainstream music. I ain't blamin' the South, there's room for all kinds of shit, you gotta have shit to rock in the club, but when that's absolutely the only thing they play, that's a problem.

born invincible
10-17-2006, 08:08 AM
I don't think they get what he's talking about. He ain't talking about the music isn't commercially viable and it ain't gonna be around anymore, he's talkin' like the culture is bein' killed off by all this shitty disposable mainstream music. I ain't blamin' the South, there's room for all kinds of shit, you gotta have shit to rock in the club, but when that's absolutely the only thing they play, that's a problem.

bullseye... i agree totally! cats are so caught up they cant even understand what brother Nas is talkin bout. i guess its too deep...

maestro wooz
10-17-2006, 09:50 AM
U from Maryland. Ain't Maryland part of the South?

not really, theres no grits being eaten in baltimore.

ur an idiot and Outkast most likely shits on ur fav rapper

no, outkast is good though

yeah, theyre just hearing what they want to hear instead of actually understanding what nas is saying. I hope this "hip hop is dead" album is a fucking banger cause its gonna get alot of publicity

CID DIGITAL
10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Whats wrong with grits Wooz?

TAURO
10-17-2006, 09:55 AM

Bullseye

12weLvE
10-17-2006, 10:01 AM
HIP HOP IS DEAD...and thats no lie. I see what their saying though. Artist down south probably are sick and tired of hearing all this "thats not real hip-hop" and blah blah, and I dont blame them, but the best they can do is suck it up...The east is where Hip-Hop originated, so were going to act like we have the right idea on what is supposed to sound like. Thanks for the post...Who are those guys by the way?

CID DIGITAL
10-17-2006, 10:01 AM
A majority of southern artist are to blame for decline but its called for. Think about where they are coming from. You cant expect much more than what you get at the moment. There are those that have broken the mold though, in the south and thanks to those that have, everything will even out.

Thats my take on the southern situation but as far as relating the southern situation with Nas and his new message , Nas isnt speaking directly about the south. He's talking about the entity that will become hip-hop. The entity is everchanging because humans expire and get tired but as of right now times are up in the air and maybe Nas is just trying to push the next entity to work harder so they can stand for a while after he and others have grown out of their spot. There will come a day when we dont have them anymore like we are used to.

Dokuro
10-17-2006, 10:16 AM
fuck i ant pleased with nas ether

maestro wooz
10-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Whats wrong with grits Wooz?
nothing, just making the point that baltimore is not really a southern city and as a state on the whole, maryland is more of a northern state. Mid-atlantic to be exact.

ps. best state in the union for everything

Dough Snatcher
10-17-2006, 10:30 AM
They've taken the title of this album totally out of context...

Chief 'Broom
10-17-2006, 11:11 AM
he (whoever it was) tried to diss rappers who have something to say - soft

CID DIGITAL
10-17-2006, 11:15 AM
he (whoever it was) tried to diss rappers who have something to say - soft

As an artist that was the wrong move to rep himself and the south. As a person , its only natural that dude said them things.

snapple
10-17-2006, 11:22 AM
peace to that video, i agree hiphop is far from dead

Chief 'Broom
10-17-2006, 11:22 AM
his exact attitude is what's killing the culture

it'll be funny when Nas' album drops and his songs - that say something - are bumpin in the club

i'm glad Nas shakes up the game

CID DIGITAL
10-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Nas is one of the most powerful Elders in the game.

Gawd
10-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Hip Hop is not the MTV watered down ring tone same beat sounding booty shakin club music......that is what im saying...

Tetsuo
10-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Doesn't that one chubby dude isound like he's struggling to deduce the meaning of the album title,
"Why you gon call the album 'Hip Hop is Dead', what you tryin' say hip hop is dead, whatchu mean hip hop is dead?"

The other funny part is when the one dude's like "My mindstate is like - ayo shut the fuck up!".

Longbongcilvaringz
10-17-2006, 12:34 PM
i want 1:43 secs back.

that video was just stupid, they don't get it. hes just saying 90's hip hop is dead, which it is. and 90's hip hop is the genre most people associate with "real hip hop".

all this new shit, "crunk", "snap" "hyphy", all that shit is a different genre.

imo its not hip hop, not what i like to call hip hop. its a totally different genre.

Bone Collecta
10-17-2006, 12:45 PM
HIP HOP IS DEAD...and thats no lie. I see what their saying though. Artist down south probably are sick and tired of hearing all this "thats not real hip-hop" and blah blah, and I dont blame them, but the best they can do is suck it up...The east is where Hip-Hop originated, so were going to act like we have the right idea on what is supposed to sound like. Thanks for the post...Who are those guys by the way?

ur an idiot seriously

if u seriously think that way then slap yourself

RagnaroK
10-17-2006, 12:52 PM
people talk to much shit those people on the video couldn't even defend they own music properly all thay are saying ''he's saying hip hop is dead c'mon you got this artis selling this that artis selling that'' "you most have fun is not always have to be about something"
notice every commercial artis always try to defend hip hop with record sales

c'mon wake tha fuck up you can proof skills with record sales(selling a mill does not make you real) how do you show your skill with knowledge the way you build your verses word you use how you use them and with music something that makes people feel a certain emotion something that makes you jump, keep you listening and coming back for more

none of this artis today make that kind of music all they do is find somethign catchy and do a video with girls cars and diamonds if you look with your mind you see there trying to sell and image not they music nor they skills, and without skills hip hop can not be alive.

hectis
10-17-2006, 12:53 PM
real hip hop aint dead it is just underground and what mtv/vh1/bet/any thing else shows is pushed by big corporate companies into the publics head to make them love it

Kenny Powers
10-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Those are quite possibly the dumbest retards in the south, Nas is fucking brilliant and they cant even understand him. He's saying hip hop is dead... which it is. Those club banging songs that the southern rappers put out dominate television now, but those songs are not hip hop, they are pop songs. Why did they take offense to the album title, its not called "southern rap is garbage and the cause of true hip hop dying" although now i think he should have.

Bone Collecta
10-17-2006, 12:55 PM
There Is No Motha Fuckin Such Thing As Real Hip Hop

Miliato
10-17-2006, 02:27 PM
i agree with Nas......i put that south shit in a different category, radio hop?......almost like disco of year 2000 & ^..........plus most those motherfuckas got no skills......if they got skills rap about some good shit

Bone Collecta
10-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Looks like I have to repost this..............

How do you say whats real and what isnt?

how come when NYers were and still are talking about guns and coke its considered hip hop.

but when the south does party music its not real hip hop?

did you fools forget how hip hop started?

it started as party music. THEN the lyrical people came in.

There is NO such thing as real Hip Hop its not even a form of music Hip Hop is a sub culture not a genre of music.

RagnaroK
10-17-2006, 03:38 PM
it started with party and evolve to a lyrical level and i personaly considere real hip hop to the ones that make it with true skills and have a genuine love to the culture they make for money but not just for the money

WuTangWarrior
10-17-2006, 03:40 PM
LMAO "The south is about having fun man, why does everything have to be about something" yo man, all these ppl from the south needa grow the fuck up and realize that they can use hip hop for somethin much better than makin bitches lapdance for them. anyone knows why Scarface quit??? was it cuz of the state of hip hop or what???

still tho hip hops not dead, its creative and influential side definetely is

mofo
10-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Hip hop is just different from what it was back from the 90s. The sound of music changes through out time and I guess the sounds of today is "crunk" "snap music" "r&b rap" etc. Now, i'm not saying I actually like todays hip hop, but I must say it's different.

Now, to the video. That shit was ignorant just for them to take shots nas without fully thinking about things. Since when did the album was called "Fuck the south". It's just saying Hip hop is dead but it does not degrade any form the south nor does it make NY look superior. These dudes just aren't gettin the big picture. Sad thing is that they're probably takin shots at nas so then they can appear on that gay ass beef series. If not they doin it so then they will be known in their careers for "takin shots @ nas". Fuckin stupid.

J.T.S.
10-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Nas is always in the middle of some contriversey he's like the Jesus of hip-hop.

renagade410
10-17-2006, 05:08 PM
i dont think hip hop is dead but people are certainly becoming dumber and dumber. There is no way dfl should be selling more records than ghostface..... NO WAY. You got artist who put there heart and soul into music and cant go gold but then somebody who does music just to do it goes platinum???? Thats where hip hop has dissapointed and its peoples fault on that for supporting no talent artist who just want money. Just recently vakill stated this same thing, said he was done wit rap because he put his heart into his cd shit he made a dam near classic cd but yet people wont buy it because theyd rather listen to some dumbed down shit. Thats the only aspect of where hip hop may be dead is that no longer do u have lyrical singles by artist the radio is garbage now. Back in 94 you had some real lyrical songs being played in rotation on the radio.(come clean, it aint hard to tell) cant say that nowadays and thats the sad part that you basically have to go in the underground for good quality music. If i want to have a discussion about talent i have to go on the internet because people in my area are so dam dumb and think lil wayne and three six mafia are the most lyrical artist there are. THAT alone is what makes it sad

Now about the south i mean there are good artist there just as it is anywhere but the image being portrayed has led ppl to believe that the south is responsible for all this commercial club dancin shit. I personally dont say the south is garbage but if i hear of a new rapper being from the south and he's mainstream than mos likey he's gonna be garbage but most mainstream artist are garbage anyways. And its not just the south new york got that dam chicken noodle soup, st.louis had the chickenhead its the usa in general.
HIP HOP aint dead people are just too dumb to know what GOOD music is

TSA
10-17-2006, 06:18 PM

nah fuck that, these niggas are telling the truth, the south has a flavor that's different i don't like it but it's just as hip hop as anything else and they're making a lot of ppl happy so it's all good. Nas knows exactly what statement he's making, hip hop is bigger then ever it's just on southern shoulders, he should of call it NY is Dead, even at that it would be ridiculous. I'll here the album and decided if nas is able to convince me of his point.

CherChezLaMarauder
10-17-2006, 06:29 PM
Classic display of a generation gap. Nas knows the shady industry, he's got substance behind his LP title.

Nas & Pappoose stand up!

Bone Collecta
10-17-2006, 08:40 PM
LMAO "The south is about having fun man, why does everything have to be about something" yo man, all these ppl from the south needa grow the fuck up and realize that they can use hip hop for somethin much better than makin bitches lapdance for them. anyone knows why Scarface quit??? was it cuz of the state of hip hop or what???

still tho hip hops not dead, its creative and influential side definetely is

grow the fuck up?

u ever been to the south?

u must not go to clubs or somethin

go out and have some fun fool.

you think a girl gonna be dancin to some boring ass Immortal Technique? get the fuck outta here.

racist randy
10-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Lol they don't understand what Nas is saying. Oh well I wanna see where this goes. and I do agree...when u at the clubs and party that music is a MUST but besides that i won't befound plying tht in my whip or stereo at home. Music is good though, let them do their thing and est coast does theirs.

WuTangWarrior
grow the fuck up?

u ever been to the south?

u must not go to clubs or somethin

go out and have some fun fool.

you think a girl gonna be dancin to some boring ass Immortal Technique? get the fuck outta here.

never said ppl are gonna be dancin to Tech lol quit puttin words in my mouth, its obvious that ALL these dudes do is rap about the club, thats def. not what other regions are all about. trust me i got love for the south and i aint a backpacker or anything but godamn rap about something else beside snap dancing nd fuckin getting drunk off ur ass. yea of course they can do it and ppl dancin and havin fun is all good but its like thats fuckin 99% of what they talk about... thats all i mean when i say grow the fuck up. Southern rap aint street poetry like before man, there aint nothing that comes from the heart.

CherChezLaMarauder
fuck bitches! ya wanna compromise the quality of hip hop over some rump shakers??

You niggaz, man. Killing me

maestro wooz
10-17-2006, 09:15 PM
its not real rap, its pop rap

WuTangWarrior
10-17-2006, 09:21 PM
^^exactly wooz

these fuckin Dem Franchise boys nd D4L or w/e there all black versions of the backstreet boys lol atleast call it like Hip Pop or some shit dont make it sound like the Hip Hop genre sounds like taht bullshit.

Bone Collecta
10-17-2006, 09:24 PM
never said ppl are gonna be dancin to Tech lol quit puttin words in my mouth, its obvious that ALL these dudes do is rap about the club, thats def. not what other regions are all about. trust me i got love for the south and i aint a backpacker or anything but godamn rap about something else beside snap dancing nd fuckin getting drunk off ur ass. yea of course they can do it and ppl dancin and havin fun is all good but its like thats fuckin 99% of what they talk about... thats all i mean when i say grow the fuck up. Southern rap aint street poetry like before man, there aint nothing that comes from the heart.

there are plenty southern artists with lyrics. stop acting like all of them are party rappers.

and its not pop rap u fuckin monkey feet muhhh fuckas

its party music whats wrong with it?

they were talking about the exact same things in the late 70s early 80s. they had dance moves and shit ppl did.

its just hip hop in a different region. THATS ALL

NYers are just jealous cause the spotlight isnt on them for once....well twice cause the first time was when Cali took hip hop over for a while.

Prolifical ENG
10-17-2006, 09:30 PM
well I guess they need to listen to his album when it comes out...then decide why he chose that for his title.

WuTangWarrior
10-17-2006, 09:53 PM
there are plenty southern artists with lyrics. stop acting like all of them are party rappers.

and its not pop rap u fuckin monkey feet muhhh fuckas

its party music whats wrong with it?

they were talking about the exact same things in the late 70s early 80s. they had dance moves and shit ppl did.

its just hip hop in a different region. THATS ALL

NYers are just jealous cause the spotlight isnt on them for once....well twice cause the first time was when Cali took hip hop over for a while.
notice the difference that when Cali took hip hop not even half as many ppl were sayin hip hop is dead lol. Im not from NY but i kno for sure that NYers arent jealous at all, its not like before it was nothing BUT NY rappers in the spotlight, there was always dudes from other regions. and no they arent talking about the exact same things in the late 70s and early 80s.

snapple
10-17-2006, 09:55 PM
half of you talking about real rap are fake faggots to begin with

racist randy
10-17-2006, 09:58 PM
LOL this my nigga right here LOL

Longbongcilvaringz
10-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Looks like I have to repost this..............

How do you say whats real and what isnt?

how come when NYers were and still are talking about guns and coke its considered hip hop.

but when the south does party music its not real hip hop?

did you fools forget how hip hop started?

it started as party music. THEN the lyrical people came in.

There is NO such thing as real Hip Hop its not even a form of music Hip Hop is a sub culture not a genre of music.

ok, you have to admit all the new shit, apart from some underground stuff, is a different genre from the lyrical shit of the 90's. this includes the fucking stupid coke rap from ny.

your too caught up in comparing different areas to one another. basically any chance to say something to the effect of "south>ny" and youll take it.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-17-2006, 10:02 PM
plus i cant fucking understand the connection between a "fun dance beat" and mc's having to say all this shit about being in a club, buying drinks and looking at bitches. people in a club know where they are, why does the mc have to talk about it for the track to be "a club track".

snapple
10-17-2006, 10:04 PM
ok, you have to admit all the new shit, apart from some underground stuff, is a different genre from the lyrical shit of the 90's. this includes the fucking stupid coke rap from ny.

your too caught up in comparing different areas to one another. basically any chance to say something to the effect of "south>ny" and youll take it.

i think bone collector is an idiot...but youre an idiot too...stupid coke rap from NY? you're on a wu-tang site just to let you know.

staycreepin_n_silence
10-17-2006, 10:10 PM
I think Nas album is going to kill it, dude I'm A nas fan but I'm not looking forward to this album. I have a bad feeling about it. I don't think hiphop is dead the only problem with hiphop is that it's misunderstood even by the ones that claim to be hiphop. I download songs form this site and compare them to that of the radio and the only thing different is that the radio sound lik they are having fun, and most of these cats, what they are saying isn't entertaining, teaching, or intelligent it's boring. The radio isn't entertaining, teaching or intelligent it's boring. Nas is wrong and I'm Nas all the way but at the same time with releases like I am and Nastradumas and this up coming album he's help contributing to the thing he is denouncing.

And once again hip hop is an acquired taste. The artist you like reflect you and what you are going through. I respect hiphip from all regions and the world however no one can say what is real hiphop. If what you hear on the radio doesn't suit you oh well but to call someone and idiot is stupid. Hiphop is dying because the fans and artist have no love and respect for each other individuality. Hiphop is about idenity and what's your's? Aight then because I'll buy a Kewli album 10 times before I buyor download a cilaringz doesn't make me any less of a hiphop fan but less of a cilarings fan. It's few people that are in the wu tang reject squads that I will bump. I like the nine plus capp, solomon child, sunz of man, trife ad other heads so what? Doesn't make me any less of a wu tang clan fan. I just know what I like and what I don't

Longbongcilvaringz
10-17-2006, 10:13 PM
i think bone collector is an idiot...but youre an idiot too...stupid coke rap from NY? you're on a wu-tang site just to let you know.

i realise you love dipset, im not saying coke rap is stupid. but stupid coke rap is.

Chief 'Broom
10-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Nas didn't say shit about the South, by the way

only the guilty catch offense

snapple
10-17-2006, 10:20 PM
i realise you love dipset, im not saying coke rap is stupid. but stupid coke rap is.

what does liking dipset have to do with anything? some of you are such homos on this website....for real.....so only intelligent coke rap is ok? illstatiq is the hiphop god it's wack and stupid unless it has his seal of approval! you're a backpacker.

WuTangWarrior
10-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Nas didn't say shit about the South, by the way

only the guilty catch offense

yea thats what i thought too man..... all they talked about was the south and they were defending themselves hahahhahahahhahahaha sounds like theyre guilty as fuck.................

and about dipset, i prefer them over DFB or D4L anyday but honestly i aint feelin neither of em. Some southern rappers are good tho.... Chamillionaires doin his thing man

Kenny Powers
10-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Nas' lyrics are so far beyond anything the south can understand. These guys make the south look bad by assuming that Nas is talking about them! They presume Nas means the south is responsible for hip hop dying...but he never said anything about them... they assumed it because they know southern hip hop is a joke.

snapple
10-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Nas' lyrics are so far beyond anything the south can understand. These guys make the south look bad by assuming that Nas is talking about them! They presume Nas means the south is responsible for hip hop dying...but he never said anything about them... they assumed it because they know southern hip hop is a joke.

"Nas' lyrics are so far beyond anything the south can understand."
you're ignorant as fuck, the entire south can't comprehend lyricism....whatever you say hahaha

"These guys make the south look bad by assuming that Nas is talking about them!"
umm they supplied good arguments....the south is running the charts right now the south is whats poppin theyre doing their thing and moving lots of units and getting mad airplay....so for nas to say hiphop is DEAD...what does nas mean then?

southern hiphop isn't a joke, you're the joke.

Bone Collecta
10-17-2006, 10:36 PM
how come its ok to talk about coke and guns but its not ok to talk about women shakin their ass in the club?

HMmm? and anyone who likes dipset is automatically disqualified from this discussion

snapple
10-17-2006, 10:38 PM
how come its ok to talk about coke and guns but its not ok to talk about women shakin their ass in the club?

HMmm? and anyone who likes dipset is automatically disqualified from this discussion

90 percent of your favorite MCs couldnt be in our conversation then

Bone Collecta
10-17-2006, 10:44 PM
90 percent of your favorite MCs couldnt be in our conversation then

bullllllllshit

snapple
10-17-2006, 10:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtdqqZTVG0M

the backpackers tears are gonna flood once yall see this

Bone Collecta
10-17-2006, 10:47 PM
y if someone doesnt like dipset they have to be backpackers?

i rather listen to young joc then them wack ass niggas i swear

staycreepin_n_silence
10-17-2006, 10:48 PM
The difference is that what's relevant to one person it's not relevent to another. People are egocentric and very very very very closed minded. The think their way is the only way. It's no difference in a woman shaking her butt being entertaining to one person and someone walking about swinging swords to another. Let's be realistic, if the mass wanted it, it would be popular. I can't blame the corps because they didn't put a gun to a persons head and say listen. I don't buy that. that's like saying the underground has poison some of you into thinking that the only true hiphop is underground. Must of the commerical outfit is boring, just like the underground. I like what I like you like what you like. I perfer Ghostface Supreme clientel off all of the wu solos and wu tang album some of you like the Gza or Raekwon. Does that mean I know less hiphop than you? No!

snapple
10-17-2006, 10:51 PM
y if someone doesnt like dipset they have to be backpackers?

i rather listen to young joc then them wack ass niggas i swear

if you don't listen to dipset thats fine, youre a backpacker because you make faggot backpacker comments like "if you like dipset you blah blah blah" man fuck you, you like young joc and i dont but i respect that, hes just not my thing.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
10-17-2006, 10:58 PM
THIS IS WHAT NAS MEANT READ IT AND CATCH WHAT HE'S SAYING HE NEVER MENTIONED THE SOUTH AND YA'LL ARE MISUNDERSTANDING AND SHOWING IGNORANCE BY MISINTERPRETING HIS WORDS

Twelve years ago, youíd never catch Nas in the streets without a ton of reefer. Today, the King Poetic has turned over a new leaf, and no longer splits the leaves of his cigars. Perhaps itís a new frame of mind for a 33-year-old rapper who went from snubbing Jesus to being the same age as the Christian messiah at his death. Perhaps this maturity has created a new perspective for the Queensbridge icon. With the forthcoming Hip-Hop is Dead Nas is candid about his mature views on the music that so many critics say he advanced a decade ago. But the question remains, if Hip-Hop is dead, can Nasir Jones Ė or anybody else for that matter, revive it? Just before the last rites, Nas arrives with one mic.

AllHipHop.com: If Hip-Hop is dead, who killed it?

Nas: Corporate America and DJs, radio programmers, video/TV programming, the rappers, us. We all just had a whole bunch of fun. We had too much fun. Because you got to live your life, know what I mean. And itís a business. And business, it kills it, you know what I mean, business then kills it and s**t.

AllHipHop.com: Well you maybe out and Hip-Hop is dead, so you referring to a specific chapter or just a general, conclusive data?

Nas: I mean, it just came to me from people. I just heard people talking and I was just in the streets. So I would say the streets named the album.

AllHipHop.com: So youíre just saying the street does it, that doesnít mean that you necessarily agree?

Nas: I totally agree. Yeah itís just dead man. Iím free now.

AllHipHop.com: So youíre not making Hip-Hop anymore. What are you making if Hip-Hop --

Nas: I donít know what it is - some s**t right. Crack music, whatever. Itís f**ked up.

AllHipHop.com: Well, I mean the reason you give, then you mentioned working with a different caliber of producers for this next album. Give us a little insight as to who we can expect to hear from the albumÖ

Nas: Well, some people Iíve been working with, you know Salaam Remi, L.E.S., you know Dr. Dre, not as much but Dre. Premier, you know --

AllHipHop.com: What happened to the Premier/ Nas album?

Nas: Yeah, well thatís some s**t we want to do, you know. I think we really got to set aside some time to do it. You know, Ďcause when Iím ready to do it, Iím ready to do it at a certain kind of way and Premier got his way of doing it. We just got to really settle down because I want it to be an idea thing, like a concept from beginning to end, the theme you know.

AllHipHop.com: Okay, I see you. So I also heard that you have Will.I.AmÖ

Nas: Oh yeah Will.I.Am. Iíll definitely have.

AllHipHop.com: So you know that throws a lot of people left because thereís a lot of people in Hip-Hop and your fans kind of regard you as above ground, with underground sound, know what I mean?

Nas: Yeah, yeah.

AllHipHop.com: Do you even give a damn what people think?

Nas: Um --Yeah, well Will.I.Am is the truth. Heís the truth, man. That dude isÖ heís advanced. He loves Hip-Hop so much, he could out break-dance anybody. Heís all the way involved. Donít be surprised you catch him doing graffiti on subway somewhere. You know we donít get a chance to see that because his group [Black Eyed Peas] is so large, you know. We donít get to see who he really is.

AllHipHop.com: So what do you say to your fans who feel like you basically like sold yourself out in signing with Jay?

Nas: I signed with Def Jam. I didnít sign with Jay. You know what Iím saying? Like, Iím not signing with Roc-A-Fella. Iím signing to myself, joint venture situation with Jones Experience [Nasí new label]. And Iím actually still in with Sony. This album is a collective thing with some [people], but it was my idea to, or it was my thing to, you know help make the situation [work]. I had to go in there as a royalty act on Sony and deal with people knowing that [Sony] was a sinking ship for me, and it was my time to leave.

So you know thereísÖ you respect the Clive Davisí and a lot of other Lyor Cohenís, but who else will respect a movement of two Black men resolving something that started, this whole battle, situation for the last four-and-a-half years, where eHip-Hop's gone crazy and itíll probably kill New York rap, just from ďEtherĒ and "Takeover." Who else will respect us? They donít care if the music and the culture suffers. So if we donít stand up and come together in positions of powerÖ this is Godís plan. This is not, thereís no disrespect, but other than a non-Black executive that would honor the situation. This is not a sellout. This is everything that was intended for the truth to be expressed this time.

AllHipHop.com: Well where would you place yourself in the top MCs if you had to? Where do you think is your position in rap history when itís all said and done?

Nas: When itís all said and done they all come after me, every last one of Ďem, White or Black.

AllHipHop.com: Whoís that --

Nas: Rappers. They all come from me, you know what Iím saying? At some point in time, whether itís the shock value in these guysí verses from when I first started, and you heard them start regurgitated and different artists talk about doing things and Jesus is now heís dead, the shock value sound [referring to lyrics like, "I went to hell for snuffin' Jesus,Ē lyrics or the lyrical pattern, or itís the consciousness upbringing. Itís the balance upbringing. This all belongs to me.

And thatís a lot, a lot of times I see whatís happening with New York rappers, they donít have enough style in their personality, in what they talk about off the records, when they not rapping. When they not rapping, they like back in the days I couldnít get on say, like [disrespecting] Rakimís wife or Big Daddy Kaneís son, and Iím gonna diss him in a record. That was blasphemy. You never did a record that, now itís so messed up and New York is the kings of savvy and style. But we up here, lost and confused, disrespecting each other, thatís not how itís done. Old school, some of that old school used to hate on us. My place now is to say yíall all my kids. But Ice Cube can really say it. KRS can really say it, but Iím having fun saying it too.

AllHipHop.com: But I mean here in New York you know, this whole New York, bring back to New York, what is that about? Do you co-sign that?

Nas: Yeah, but I mean New York is New York. It ainít going nowhere. Yeah, I mean the thing is you know everybody else is having fun while everybody else is doing what they do. Up here, you know, everybody is confused; they [are] lost. You know [in the] Ď80s, we used to look up to you know a lot of different people from different walks of life. And you know everybodyÖI wear white t-shirts everyday too, but thatís an L.A. thing. You know what Iím saying. Itís more melting pot and thatís good because we all connecting with each othersí style and everything but then New York, I remember you know what we do.

AllHipHop.com: So in your opinion, to bring New York back we need to get that swagger back, basically?

Nas: To bring New York back we got to take it seriously, you know what Iím saying? They gotta take they selves seriously. Everybodyís like microwave music now, know what I mean, Ďcause itís the way to eat. When I was doing this early on, [I did Hip-Hop] because I loved it. Now, they not artists, they opportunists. So itís just a way to eat now. And thatís cool. But then of course, the music is gonna suffer.

AllHipHop.com: You mentioned The Jones Experience. So you have two label brands, along with Ill Will?

Nas: I have Ill Will for my release records, not over here in Def Jam. This Def Jam is Jones experience.

AllHipHop.com: Okay. And what about Ill Will because I know you had big plans for the label but never really --

Nas: It never came to fruition and I kind of wanted to put it to rest; itís like, because it didnít come to fruition, my dude was just part of the shine over me, getting me to do the slave s**t, know what Iím saying?

AllHipHop.com: And whatever happened to Quan?

Nas: I donít know.

AllHipHop.com: You have no idea?

Nas: No.

AllHipHop.com: So whatís this treadmill? I feel that you get linked with cats and youíre supportive of them and they just kind of like --

Nas: Itís a hard place. Itís a hard road to travel. You know itís not easy to move. You got to be like, a lot of people think they gonna getÖitís real. You canít get in this and expect you gonna be Michael Jackson tomorrow. You got to put it down. You gonna have to take some, you gonna have to put your, you know, get in shape man, and letís go at it. ĎCause you know Iím not in this for faking. You know what Iím saying. And a lot of people think like you know why didnít you sign me or why didnít you sign me? Itís like I donít think youíre the next Snoop Dogg. Do you think theyíre the next Snoop? I got it, like asking these artists, do you really think you can pack [Madison Square Garden] one day in five years, ten years. How? What are you talking about? Iím looking for someone who can grow. They donít have to do it overnight, but Iím looking for someone who really loves what they do. They take it down and you know it really come from the heart. Theyíre ready to go in and go hard.

AllHipHop.com: So, youíve been at this a long time, what would you say the biggest difference with the game now than when you got in?

Nas: It wasnít as much paper. Paper changed a lot. It wasnít as easy to get in. You know dudes got it made today.

AllHipHop.com: Well you just said it was easier for you to get in back then Ďcause it --

Nas: For me, yeah. But it wasnít a bunch of [imitations] out there. You had this guy, we had, we had everybody get airtime. Everybody got whatever happening label. Everybodyís doing it. You know you canít walk down the street without some n***a without a record label and rap.

AllHipHop.com: Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Nas: I think itís great that we all love the rap game and that we all into it. I think itís not good with the misunderstanding of what comes along being in it. You know they say like that less than 1% of n***as out here is gonna make it to where they see they selves supposed to be, and thatís kinda harsh reality.

AllHipHop.com: Word has it you have stopped smoking?

Nas: I smoke cigars. Iíve always smoked cigars. Thatís you can mature with it man, so you canít smoke a hundred blunts in one day. You know, you got to party, but every day? For what?

AllHipHop.com: A blunt for breakfast.

Nas: A blunt for breakfastÖ

AllHipHop.com: Whatís the favorite album you got?

Nas: I donít have one.

AllHipHop.com: Come on now, you have to have one.

Nas: Definitely donít have one.

AllHipHop.com: Why wouldnít you have one?

Nas: I donít know whatís on each album.

AllHipHop.com: Really?

Nas: Nah, I get confused sometimes [with] what songs are on what album.

AllHipHop.com: What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?

Nas: That Iím not in total control, of every step of the way.

AllHipHop.com: Elaborate on that.

Nas: A lot of the weed smoking was the stage that set me free. And I never messed with any of these industry cats because thereís too many, I knew how easy it was for you to be behind a jail cell over one of these flunkies, you know. One of the kookie n***as that have you all tripped up. That ainít no man s**t. That ainít even gangsta s**t [to] get tripped up off one of these goofball n***as. So the thing about it, I stayed in my haze. [My] state of mind was perking all day long because I didnít pay attention to none of that stuff.

AllHipHop.com: So how does Nas the rapper different from Mr. Nasir Jones?

Nas: I love being on stage. Itís everything to me, but sometimes people donít know when to turn it off and the way they treat you is like itís on every day. Itís all about rap, rap every day. They donít know about life and stuff like that. You know, you gotta have a quality of life. So thatís real important to me. You see dudes frowning up all the time, paranoid and theyíre [acting] 16, dude. Theyíre a grown man with kids, man.

AllHipHop.com: You smile.

Nas: Yeah. I smile all the time.

AllHipHop.com: What is your idea to stay connected with the youth?

Nas: It is what it is. Youth donít want you to dumb down, Ďcause they not dumb. So you canít, you got to do youth. You know they can understand that. [The] same way I understood the dudes that were over me when I was 12, 13 there wasnít no 12, 13 year olds rapping. They were at least four years older than me if I bought their records. It was always like that.

Bone Collecta
10-17-2006, 11:12 PM
if you don't listen to dipset thats fine, youre a backpacker because you make faggot backpacker comments like "if you like dipset you blah blah blah" man fuck you, you like young joc and i dont but i respect that, hes just not my thing.

i figgadeal ya. its goin down is a catchy song thats all and hes got another song that i dont mind but thats about it.

tell me why jim jones bitin the south now tho snappin his fingers n shit lol

WuTangWarrior
10-17-2006, 11:14 PM
THIS IS WHAT NAS MEANT READ IT AND CATCH WHAT HE'S SAYING HE NEVER MENTIONED THE SOUTH AND YA'LL ARE MISUNDERSTANDING AND SHOWING IGNORANCE BY MISINTERPRETING HIS WORDS

Twelve years ago, youíd never catch Nas in the streets without a ton of reefer. Today, the King Poetic has turned over a new leaf, and no longer splits the leaves of his cigars. Perhaps itís a new frame of mind for a 33-year-old rapper who went from snubbing Jesus to being the same age as the Christian messiah at his death. Perhaps this maturity has created a new perspective for the Queensbridge icon. With the forthcoming Hip-Hop is Dead Nas is candid about his mature views on the music that so many critics say he advanced a decade ago. But the question remains, if Hip-Hop is dead, can Nasir Jones Ė or anybody else for that matter, revive it? Just before the last rites, Nas arrives with one mic.

Nas: Corporate America and DJs, radio programmers, video/TV programming, the rappers, us. We all just had a whole bunch of fun. We had too much fun. Because you got to live your life, know what I mean. And itís a business. And business, it kills it, you know what I mean, business then kills it and s**t.

AllHipHop.com: Well you maybe out and Hip-Hop is dead, so you referring to a specific chapter or just a general, conclusive data?

Nas: I mean, it just came to me from people. I just heard people talking and I was just in the streets. So I would say the streets named the album.

AllHipHop.com: So youíre just saying the street does it, that doesnít mean that you necessarily agree?

AllHipHop.com: So youíre not making Hip-Hop anymore. What are you making if Hip-Hop --

Nas: I donít know what it is - some s**t right. Crack music, whatever. Itís f**ked up.

AllHipHop.com: Well, I mean the reason you give, then you mentioned working with a different caliber of producers for this next album. Give us a little insight as to who we can expect to hear from the albumÖ

Nas: Well, some people Iíve been working with, you know Salaam Remi, L.E.S., you know Dr. Dre, not as much but Dre. Premier, you know --

Nas: Yeah, well thatís some s**t we want to do, you know. I think we really got to set aside some time to do it. You know, Ďcause when Iím ready to do it, Iím ready to do it at a certain kind of way and Premier got his way of doing it. We just got to really settle down because I want it to be an idea thing, like a concept from beginning to end, the theme you know.

AllHipHop.com: So you know that throws a lot of people left because thereís a lot of people in Hip-Hop and your fans kind of regard you as above ground, with underground sound, know what I mean?

Nas: Um --Yeah, well Will.I.Am is the truth. Heís the truth, man. That dude isÖ heís advanced. He loves Hip-Hop so much, he could out break-dance anybody. Heís all the way involved. Donít be surprised you catch him doing graffiti on subway somewhere. You know we donít get a chance to see that because his group [Black Eyed Peas] is so large, you know. We donít get to see who he really is.

AllHipHop.com: So what do you say to your fans who feel like you basically like sold yourself out in signing with Jay?

Nas: I signed with Def Jam. I didnít sign with Jay. You know what Iím saying? Like, Iím not signing with Roc-A-Fella. Iím signing to myself, joint venture situation with Jones Experience [Nasí new label]. And Iím actually still in with Sony. This album is a collective thing with some [people], but it was my idea to, or it was my thing to, you know help make the situation [work]. I had to go in there as a royalty act on Sony and deal with people knowing that [Sony] was a sinking ship for me, and it was my time to leave.

So you know thereísÖ you respect the Clive Davisí and a lot of other Lyor Cohenís, but who else will respect a movement of two Black men resolving something that started, this whole battle, situation for the last four-and-a-half years, where eHip-Hop's gone crazy and itíll probably kill New York rap, just from ďEtherĒ and "Takeover." Who else will respect us? They donít care if the music and the culture suffers. So if we donít stand up and come together in positions of powerÖ this is Godís plan. This is not, thereís no disrespect, but other than a non-Black executive that would honor the situation. This is not a sellout. This is everything that was intended for the truth to be expressed this time.

AllHipHop.com: Well where would you place yourself in the top MCs if you had to? Where do you think is your position in rap history when itís all said and done?

Nas: When itís all said and done they all come after me, every last one of Ďem, White or Black.

Nas: Rappers. They all come from me, you know what Iím saying? At some point in time, whether itís the shock value in these guysí verses from when I first started, and you heard them start regurgitated and different artists talk about doing things and Jesus is now heís dead, the shock value sound [referring to lyrics like, "I went to hell for snuffin' Jesus,Ē lyrics or the lyrical pattern, or itís the consciousness upbringing. Itís the balance upbringing. This all belongs to me.

And thatís a lot, a lot of times I see whatís happening with New York rappers, they donít have enough style in their personality, in what they talk about off the records, when they not rapping. When they not rapping, they like back in the days I couldnít get on say, like [disrespecting] Rakimís wife or Big Daddy Kaneís son, and Iím gonna diss him in a record. That was blasphemy. You never did a record that, now itís so messed up and New York is the kings of savvy and style. But we up here, lost and confused, disrespecting each other, thatís not how itís done. Old school, some of that old school used to hate on us. My place now is to say yíall all my kids. But Ice Cube can really say it. KRS can really say it, but Iím having fun saying it too.

AllHipHop.com: But I mean here in New York you know, this whole New York, bring back to New York, what is that about? Do you co-sign that?

Nas: Yeah, but I mean New York is New York. It ainít going nowhere. Yeah, I mean the thing is you know everybody else is having fun while everybody else is doing what they do. Up here, you know, everybody is confused; they [are] lost. You know [in the] Ď80s, we used to look up to you know a lot of different people from different walks of life. And you know everybodyÖI wear white t-shirts everyday too, but thatís an L.A. thing. You know what Iím saying. Itís more melting pot and thatís good because we all connecting with each othersí style and everything but then New York, I remember you know what we do.

AllHipHop.com: So in your opinion, to bring New York back we need to get that swagger back, basically?

Nas: To bring New York back we got to take it seriously, you know what Iím saying? They gotta take they selves seriously. Everybodyís like microwave music now, know what I mean, Ďcause itís the way to eat. When I was doing this early on, [I did Hip-Hop] because I loved it. Now, they not artists, they opportunists. So itís just a way to eat now. And thatís cool. But then of course, the music is gonna suffer.

AllHipHop.com: You mentioned The Jones Experience. So you have two label brands, along with Ill Will?

Nas: I have Ill Will for my release records, not over here in Def Jam. This Def Jam is Jones experience.

AllHipHop.com: Okay. And what about Ill Will because I know you had big plans for the label but never really --

Nas: It never came to fruition and I kind of wanted to put it to rest; itís like, because it didnít come to fruition, my dude was just part of the shine over me, getting me to do the slave s**t, know what Iím saying?

AllHipHop.com: So whatís this treadmill? I feel that you get linked with cats and youíre supportive of them and they just kind of like --

Nas: Itís a hard place. Itís a hard road to travel. You know itís not easy to move. You got to be like, a lot of people think they gonna getÖitís real. You canít get in this and expect you gonna be Michael Jackson tomorrow. You got to put it down. You gonna have to take some, you gonna have to put your, you know, get in shape man, and letís go at it. ĎCause you know Iím not in this for faking. You know what Iím saying. And a lot of people think like you know why didnít you sign me or why didnít you sign me? Itís like I donít think youíre the next Snoop Dogg. Do you think theyíre the next Snoop? I got it, like asking these artists, do you really think you can pack [Madison Square Garden] one day in five years, ten years. How? What are you talking about? Iím looking for someone who can grow. They donít have to do it overnight, but Iím looking for someone who really loves what they do. They take it down and you know it really come from the heart. Theyíre ready to go in and go hard.

AllHipHop.com: So, youíve been at this a long time, what would you say the biggest difference with the game now than when you got in?

Nas: It wasnít as much paper. Paper changed a lot. It wasnít as easy to get in. You know dudes got it made today.

AllHipHop.com: Well you just said it was easier for you to get in back then Ďcause it --

Nas: For me, yeah. But it wasnít a bunch of [imitations] out there. You had this guy, we had, we had everybody get airtime. Everybody got whatever happening label. Everybodyís doing it. You know you canít walk down the street without some n***a without a record label and rap.

Nas: I think itís great that we all love the rap game and that we all into it. I think itís not good with the misunderstanding of what comes along being in it. You know they say like that less than 1% of n***as out here is gonna make it to where they see they selves supposed to be, and thatís kinda harsh reality.

Nas: I smoke cigars. Iíve always smoked cigars. Thatís you can mature with it man, so you canít smoke a hundred blunts in one day. You know, you got to party, but every day? For what?

Nas: A lot of the weed smoking was the stage that set me free. And I never messed with any of these industry cats because thereís too many, I knew how easy it was for you to be behind a jail cell over one of these flunkies, you know. One of the kookie n***as that have you all tripped up. That ainít no man s**t. That ainít even gangsta s**t [to] get tripped up off one of these goofball n***as. So the thing about it, I stayed in my haze. [My] state of mind was perking all day long because I didnít pay attention to none of that stuff.

Nas: I love being on stage. Itís everything to me, but sometimes people donít know when to turn it off and the way they treat you is like itís on every day. Itís all about rap, rap every day. They donít know about life and stuff like that. You know, you gotta have a quality of life. So thatís real important to me. You see dudes frowning up all the time, paranoid and theyíre [acting] 16, dude. Theyíre a grown man with kids, man.

Nas: It is what it is. Youth donít want you to dumb down, Ďcause they not dumb. So you canít, you got to do youth. You know they can understand that. [The] same way I understood the dudes that were over me when I was 12, 13 there wasnít no 12, 13 year olds rapping. They were at least four years older than me if I bought their records. It was always like that.

^^^READ THIS & STFU, this threads turnin into some regional war shit hahahhahha

Lil' Ruger
10-17-2006, 11:19 PM
there is good south and bad south he's speaking to the bad south D4L DFB i think 3 6 mafia is good do'.

Kenny Powers
10-18-2006, 01:12 AM
you're ignorant as fuck, the entire south can't comprehend lyricism....whatever you say hahaha

umm they supplied good arguments....the south is running the charts right now the south is whats poppin theyre doing their thing and moving lots of units and getting mad airplay....so for nas to say hiphop is DEAD...what does nas mean then?

southern hiphop isn't a joke, you're the joke.

A) Those fags dissing Nas is what i meant by the south not being able to comprehend nas' lyrics. Everyone I've ever met from the south is a dumbass and these fags in the video dont disprove me.

B) OK! the south is running the charts... congrats to them... i remember backstreet boys and nsync running the charts, does that mean its good for music? Just because you can play something at the club and is marketable, doesnt mean its benefical.

C) What is coming from the south now isnt hip hop... its pop. I hear it more on the pop stations than the rap stations.

D) How is southern hip hop not a joke... all the songs have the same beat and same lyrics, im sick of the negative perception that hip hop gets cause of these clowns who dont give a shit about hip hop and only care about money.

E) If you are capable of defending groups like D4L and Dem Franchize boyz, you are in the wrong forum and a faggot (i.e you)

Bone Collecta
10-18-2006, 01:33 AM
A) Those fags dissing Nas is what i meant by the south not being able to comprehend nas' lyrics. Everyone I've ever met from the south is a dumbass and these fags in the video dont disprove me.

B) OK! the south is running the charts... congrats to them... i remember backstreet boys and nsync running the charts, does that mean its good for music? Just because you can play something at the club and is marketable, doesnt mean its benefical.

C) What is coming from the south now isnt hip hop... its pop. I hear it more on the pop stations than the rap stations.

D) How is southern hip hop not a joke... all the songs have the same beat and same lyrics, im sick of the negative perception that hip hop gets cause of these clowns who dont give a shit about hip hop and only care about money.

E) If you are capable of defending groups like D4L and Dem Franchize boyz, you are in the wrong forum and a faggot (i.e you)

you are a fuckin idiot. shitty music comes from everywhere?

EXAMPLE: Chicken Noodle Soup is from WHERE?

NEW YORK CITY straight outta harlem. that song is WORSE than Laffy Taffy how the hell u make a song that makes less sense than laffy taffy? WHO THE HELL EATS CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP WITH SODA?

HOW IS IT NOT HIP HOP? just cause YOU DONT understand it doesnt mean its not hip hop.

GO to the south and u'll wanna dance to that shit all the time.

faggot ass u have no idea what ur talking about

RagnaroK
10-18-2006, 01:51 AM
this is going nowere

Lil' Ruger
10-18-2006, 02:40 AM
[QUOTE=Quik17;621103]A) Those fags dissing Nas is what i meant by the south not being able to comprehend nas' lyrics. Everyone I've ever met from the south is a dumbass and these fags in the video dont disprove me.

i co-sign there all un educated actuall horibble schools. and chicken noodle soup is a fuck up and she hopefully will get assassinated. (by me)

Longbongcilvaringz
10-18-2006, 02:53 AM
what does liking dipset have to do with anything? some of you are such homos on this website....for real.....so only intelligent coke rap is ok? illstatiq is the hiphop god it's wack and stupid unless it has his seal of approval! you're a backpacker.

dipset = coke rap

there is no such thing as a backpacker, people dont decide they dont like something because of who makes it. personally i dont like listening to shit like "i got dat pyrex, yeah yeah, cooking up, yeah" because it sounds shit imo. youve got your opinion, but i was making the point that this new stuff is a different genre. so nas' definition of hip hop is dead.

Lil' Ruger
10-18-2006, 02:57 AM
BTW how old is nas an how long he been in the game?

Longbongcilvaringz
10-18-2006, 03:07 AM
hes 33 i think.

Lil' Ruger
10-18-2006, 03:13 AM
hmm kinda old not really.

TSA
10-18-2006, 08:20 AM

that's a generalization and an ignorant statement. The south rap about a lot of things, your a BET nigga, you here the club SINGLES and just assume that's the whole thing. What if i would have based my opinion on Ghost on Tush. ouch. They dont rap about shit(for the most part) and they put black people back 10 years, but i like young black men making money, and making a lot of people happy, and they do both.(yes homo)

snapple
10-18-2006, 08:40 AM
dipset = coke rap

there is no such thing as a backpacker, people dont decide they dont like something because of who makes it. personally i dont like listening to shit like "i got dat pyrex, yeah yeah, cooking up, yeah" because it sounds shit imo. youve got your opinion, but i was making the point that this new stuff is a different genre. so nas' definition of hip hop is dead.

hahah there is no such thing as a backpacker, this site is living proof their is, jayz is hated on so hard on ehre it's not even funny, notorious BIG is over-rated to people on here, canibus is the greatest of all time, get outta here backpackers are living

TAURO
10-18-2006, 08:44 AM
hahah there is no such thing as a backpacker, this site is living proof their is, jayz is hated on so hard on ehre it's not even funny, notorious BIG is over-rated to people on here, canibus is the greatest of all time, get outta here backpackers are living

You have a fucked up view on this, because they don't agree with you then they must be backpackers?

snapple
10-18-2006, 08:50 AM
You have a fucked up view on this, because they don't agree with you then they must be backpackers?

man read the page before before you're so quick to jump in. i'm not gonna re-explain this a thousand times

TAURO
10-18-2006, 09:00 AM
man read the page before before you're so quick to jump in. i'm not gonna re-explain this a thousand times

Still ending with the same conclusion.

CherChezLaMarauder
10-18-2006, 09:28 AM

you see what heavy 420 and dropping out of high does to you? This dude has a serious problem with articulating himself and making his point crystal clear. This is why I never read his mumbling interviews, jesus christ I hope he doesnt turn out like Evander Holyfield

snapple
10-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Still ending with the same conclusion.

backpacking is a state of mind, having a different opinion is one thing. i gotta get to class though we can build on this later, PEACE

10-18-2006, 10:53 AM
you see what heavy 420 and dropping out of high does to you? This dude has a serious problem with articulating himself and making his point crystal clear. This is why I never read his mumbling interviews, jesus christ I hope he doesnt turn out like Evander Holyfield

you must be the one who dropped out of high school, there is nothing hard to understand about this interview at all and if ANY OF YOU READ IT you'd realize that you're arguing about something completely different.

jesus christ I hope he doesnt turn out like Evander Holyfield

What was the purpose of this comment? It wasn't funny and I don't see how Nas can turn out like him, made no sense.

If you really think Nas can't speak or write then all i have to say is go listen to Illmatic & try to say that shit again.

CherChezLaMarauder
10-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Shuttup, New York State Of Mind will be playing as i'm walking down the aisle on my wedding.

10-18-2006, 11:34 AM
then how can he not speak right?

TSA
10-18-2006, 01:33 PM

no, when someone says Eminem isn't and ill rapper, should be rated 70th in best mcs of all time cause he has "commericial" songs and "sold out" then they're backpackers, and the 2 statements i made about eminem earlier can be repeated by 40 to 70% of the people here, it's sad.
A backpacker will straight up tell you Pretty Toney Album sucks cause he featured Missy Elliot and the song was gay, how many time has that been said here?fuck em, im wagin war on those faggots cause they're making it hard to be a wu fan, and all the real niggas know what im talkin about

TSA
10-18-2006, 01:47 PM
there is good south and bad south he's speaking to the bad south D4L DFB i think 3 6 mafia is good do'.
there's a a good new york and a doodoo ass new york too, and not saying your one of them but ppl that say the south ain't hip hop ain't straight. I'd rather listen to David Banner then Fabulous Bone Crusher over Diddy, Bun B over mase, outkast over 80% or more of NY, and 99' Cashmoney over Lil'Kim

Kenny Powers
10-18-2006, 03:53 PM
you are a fuckin idiot. shitty music comes from everywhere?

EXAMPLE: Chicken Noodle Soup is from WHERE?

NEW YORK CITY straight outta harlem. that song is WORSE than Laffy Taffy how the hell u make a song that makes less sense than laffy taffy? WHO THE HELL EATS CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP WITH SODA?

HOW IS IT NOT HIP HOP? just cause YOU DONT understand it doesnt mean its not hip hop.

GO to the south and u'll wanna dance to that shit all the time.

faggot ass u have no idea what ur talking about

- Look douchebag... shitty music comes from everywhere- true, but it consistently comes from the South at a rapid rate. And its not hip hop, youre a faggot if u think d4l is hip hop, chicken noodle soup isnt either, regardless of location, if it serves no purpose and only has the intent to make money... its not hip hop you bitch....

tical2000
10-18-2006, 03:53 PM
the SOUTH needs to step their rap game up

they got that dance-pop shit on lock, but do they have the lyrics.....

Visionz
10-18-2006, 04:01 PM
Fuckin haters. Everybody got somethin to say about the South just cuz the shit bangin in the clubs is movin units. And talkin bout lyrics, it's not like you comprehend 'em when you hear it, you're just lookin for ways to discredit it. Everybody that comes up in here with ya blanket statements about Southern Hip-Hop can suck a dick. Stop bein that hatin little bitch. If the shoe fits mothafuckaz.

Visionz
10-18-2006, 04:07 PM
David Banner

Mama ain't got no cash, daddy aint got no doe
So daddy went to my mama and started pimpin that hoe
Man it's hard times, niggas ain't got shit
Nothin but billy clubs to they head and they ass kicked
Heroin in they vein, cocaine up in they brain
Man what you expect, America gave us pain
So fuck it, now we thugs, ??? mean drugs
And takin mean mugs, and fill 'em with those slugs
I gave up fake gods, and Jesus don't look like us
Why y'all think we gon' kill and just don't give a hot fuck
Devil that's how you made us, ??? us up in the pen
Man we came out blind, that's why we goin back in
But God, I'mma teach 'em, reach 'em up in these streets
Bush, I'm runnin' up in this shit like a track meet
You murdered, up in Texas where killin' is such a sin
The first month you in office you started killin' again
But shit, we just some niggas and that's how the game go
Y'all took us up out the state moved us straight out to Death Row
Y'all may of, made us slaves but never make us your hoe
God, you my pimp so let's start exposin' these hoes
Y'all judges some weak pussies, y'all preaches some rapin' fags
These people that made us slaves, these niggas wavin' they flags
America ain't shit but home of the hot lick
They hang us all by rope, then laugh and cut off our dick

Visionz
10-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Deacon of Cunninglynguists

Lord why's everybody's puzzle missing pieces
Struggling, grinding, greaseless
No ryhme or reason in sight
I'm seeing the pain off their eyes
I'm seeing that we often lie, lost in our cries
I'm seeing impatient parents
Blaming unsuspecting children
I'm seeing in patients, critical
Streets are dead from the killings
I'm like damn, blocks hot, not from the ozone
Through camera's cops watch these lil boys hold chrome
Stuck, teenagers, foxes and pups
On blocks rocks in they chucks, choppers watching above
They need love, not snug cuffs, federally fucked
Tis all orchestration Hanz Zimmer could'nt conduct
But whattawedo, most problems dun been discussed
But we talk about actions on the backend, and hush
I guess most of y'all must listen to rush
Long as you all good, then everybody under your flush

Visionz
10-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Scarface

We made something from nothing
And vowed to never tear it apart
We turned the street hustle into an art
That would quickly change life forever for us
No more riding bikes or catching the bus
We on the roll up, money to fold up
With cognac and cooked yola
Got the neighborhood about to blow up, but hold up
I see this van sittin', this old cat in a fitted
Trying to get your little homey tore up
Yo bruh, we ain't working on this corner take your ass on, dog
Before you make me feed your ass to my hogs you fucking faggot
I know you want to catch me with this bag so you can hide me
Or with my 44 so you can 45 me
You put this shit off in our neighborhoods and sweat us
And when you finally catch us up you give us letters
A cold thing
Just when a nigga reach his gold man
You hand him a case for easing out the dope game
And I'm...

**Chorus**
Watching us unfold with the times
He don't really want a nigga to climb
You'd rather separate me from my family forever
Instead of trying to keep us together
You motherfuckers would rather keep me down...

Visionz
10-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Bavu Blakes

Rappers talk how they try to elevate
I say later for that and levitate
West coast they call it hella great
East coast they say I represent
Up^south texas resident
But below nobody I never been
Confident and it's evident
Never step on stage hesitant
Never feel out of my element
Act a fool, still intelligent
Some folks rap for the hell of it
Saying nothing, now that's negligent
How many of y'all know where Texas is?
Stolen land, formerly Mexican
Southwestern like my next of kin
Supreme specimen with a pen
I wreck until the day of reckoning
No choice but to listen in
Snared by the drums they draw you in
We making rap music raw again

Visionz
10-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Ludacris

Yeah, things ain't always what they seem or cracked up to be (okay)
Like all these fakin ass rappers in this industry (tell 'em!)
Talkin 'bout what they got and they ain't got a damn thang
How you own three cars but you don't own your own name? (woo!)
Get your business right boys, the first class is in session (okay)
Get a entertainment lawyer in the music profession (hey!)
Start up your own company, trademark the name
That's gon' run ya about a grand so start savin your change (DTP!)
Open a bank account quick and then follow these steps (uh-huh)
Sign yourself TO yourself and start signin ya own checks (woo!)
Hit the booth and start recordin at the speed and need
whatever gets your juices flowin, could be speed or weed (what else?)
Get it mixed and mastered (hey) pressed up and plastered (okay)
Sell it to your whole hood out the trunk, ya bastard!
Show all the non-believers what you destined to be (hey!)
And in just a couple years you could be rich like me!

WuTangWarrior
10-18-2006, 04:32 PM
- Look douchebag... shitty music comes from everywhere- true, but it consistently comes from the South at a rapid rate. And its not hip hop, youre a faggot if u think d4l is hip hop, chicken noodle soup isnt either, regardless of location, if it serves no purpose and only has the intent to make money... its not hip hop you bitch....

bullseye:clap:

Bigot Hitman
10-18-2006, 04:36 PM
the SOUTH needs to step their rap game up

they got that dance-pop shit on lock, but do they have the lyrics.....

Luda's dance/club music, has good lyrics in it. You can be a good lyrists at dance music too. T.I. got only ok lyrics but his flow over those hype beats its crazy. Outkast has had great lyrics ever since they put southernplayalisticadillacmusic. The main rappers down south can spit.

Visionz
10-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Killa Mike

Big is dead, Pac is dead
My music's dead, and y'all just scared
{scratched: "I'm Killer Mike, I'm Killer Mike, I'm Killer Mike, I'm Killer Mike"}
Rap is dead, rock is dead

[Verse 1: Killer Mike]
Fuck rap, rap's near death, bloated and sick
Too many niggaz still ride, Big and Pac's dick
Fuck that, next year, they more deader
And I write more rhymes, more deadly and more better
Then the last, sick and disturbed verse I wrote
And sell it to tough teenage boys to quote
Some music to madness, let the anger kill the pain and the sadness
Fuck the fag shit, keep it Killer with the rap shit
Hard rock when you rock shit, back to the block freestyle pop lock shit
Back to the basics with the fuck a cop shit
Rock pussies rap on some pop shit, sing like they rap
Soft and frail, these spirits, didn't have the heart to smell
This is no pain, and it's high octane
A bad brain, on Kobain

Lennon is dead, Kurt is dead
{scratched: "Killer Mike, who's the man, Killer Mike, who's the man"}
{scratched: "Killer Mike, who's the man, Killer Mike, who's the man"}

[Verse 2: Killer Mike]
God damnit rappers chitter chattar, on any subject matter
But really does the subject really matter
Pass the guns and blood splatter, does anything fuckin' matter
Pass Cristal, pissed off, fuckin' right I'm pissed off
And you a pistol, yo why the fuck do critics (?)
Now wait a second, don't like what I'm saying
Make a record, and I'll be glad when
My music gets mad again, new school Ice Cube
"Fuck you Killer Mike!" Yeah fuck you too
No this ain't yo mama's music
It's a drug if you like it, please abuse it
Here's a cool meth-amphetamine for teens
Nightmares comin', crushing ya fuckin' dreams, ultra-shock
Rap rock, bringin' the bars back to rock and hip-hop
Spit it, venom non-stop

Big is dead, Pac is dead
{scratched: "Hip-Hop is, Killer Mike, Hip-Hop is, Killer Mike"}
{scratched: "Hip-Hop is, Killer Mike, Hip-Hop is, Killer Mike"}

[Verse 3: Killer Mike]
Knew it was a bad day when I woke up
N.W.A.'s gone and Rage broke up
Damn prayers ain't move the units that they should've
Rappers on top don't spit like they could've
I pledge allegiance to the hard, core
How I give it to you, hard, raw
Ay, a beautiful site to be seen
There's a mosh pit packed with wild teens
Hangin' onto every word that we spit
Ready to rip, rock, and tear shit
Self-pity's fuckin' up my music man
Whine like a bitch or stand and be a man
There's +Black Sabbath+, I'm smoking in a +Zeppelin+
Pumpin' +Metallica+, hand on my weapon
Fuck you and the bed yo bitch slept in
Killer-Kill keeps it real, hardcore is what I'm reppin'

Visionz
10-18-2006, 05:47 PM
K-Rino

Yo.. in a dark prison vision microphones moving in motion
Volcanic vocalism sparkin flames beneath the ocean
Deep rhyme production advanced psychological powers
Time rearranga seconds take minutes minutes take hours
Put venom in veins when I'm in brains witness the pain
Adrenaline gain, speed so quick I'm dodging rain
rough narrator strangulation gave him a red colla derrange writa
paragraph makin the dead holla
the mad magician flashin my south park diploma manipulate minds
wrote 20 rhymes inside a coma
the speed reada studied wise books to learn how ya heart is heat
bring a hellafied enough to burn fire yo
battles telepathic skill destined to get ya
might read your mind while you kick your rhyme and say it with ya
had side effects from multiple doses of lethal lithium
lyrical blast inbalance the planets equilibrium
unexplainable mic missile launcher lyrics untamable
voice master with 3 vocal cords that's interchangeable
show the wrath of violent hurricanes when I finish
no photographs my body won't sustain visual image
come face the lesson incarceration my topic locks
through space compression planets in a microscopic box
the dream controla reach in my thoughts and grab a vision
ideas burn at top speed mental metabolism
deep time first so all future lyrics I never lay em
each rhyme verse be on tape a week before I say em
solidified my status weakened your vital signs
composed chapter tonight it takes 2 weeks to write a line
I giveth distribute the punches nobody throws rougha
my flows tougha than leather love it when my foes suffa
too rough on the same level we ain't gonna never be super thinker
sending unsolveable questions to jeopardy murder serenade computer
thought device I empower
woke and counted every molecule on earth in one hour
invade your satellite your TV frequencies I dismantle
now I'm stranglin a different punk on 200 channels
high velocity genetic cloning coming in threes
now there's 4 versions of K-Rino blow torchin' mc's
solar energy ignites concepts spray like a gun killin
heated ya cool enough to be up on the sun chillen
chaotic madness I exert the explosion
bodies eternally twisting in a circular motion
when I, come in the game click this thought to flowin' vital
droppin' 30 flows a night like I was tryna win a scoring title
the best you ever heard is ag in my temple
multidimensional my clever words make calculus simple
weak styles missing in action once I got 'em I hit
hyperactive butcher knife packin mental bottomless pit
bring a hundred mc's still it ain't no stoppin' this injection
makin the planet spin up in the opposite direction
I wreck punish the prisona it's sad how I do em
tied him up for 22 days and read his own rhymes to em
step to my right it's the wrong turn so make a left
suffocate you but once a month I'll let you take a breath
steppin to us, one fuss death is a must
you cuss so I'ma bust, might just turn him to dust
the king drama I sing, I fling lyrics that sting, quick death is
what I bring, one swing he's out the ring
can't cope cause I'm to dope, I hope you brought your scope
my quote punctured his throat, you spoke so get a rope, I'm still a threat to kill
to real to lose my skill, I spill verses you feel, done deal so write your will
I sing just like dream, my theme murdered your team
you scream felling the steam of extreme nuclear beams
enduse lyrical juice, this news I put to use, crack an atom open
lettin all the matters rhyme spirits loose
I keep on goin while competitors drop, K-Rino never defeated cause
me flowin' non-stop non-stop non-stop non-stop...

Bone Collecta
10-18-2006, 05:49 PM

look fag hip hop is a culture not a genre of music.

RAP MUSIC is the genre and there are different types of RAP MUSIC. there is gangsta rap, club shit, concious shit, etc.....

IT IS ALL HIP HOP.

and how can you be rapping for the money when artists on a major deal dont make money? half the shit they have isnt theirs stupid.

soooo how can you rap to make money knowing you dont make money? artists dont make good money off sales unless they go multi platinum 2x.

if you think otherwise then ur a fuckin idiot.

im in this shit as a manager and dj.

Bone Collecta
10-18-2006, 05:52 PM
bullseye:clap:

}:T

10-18-2006, 05:54 PM
soooo how can you rap to make money knowing you dont make money? artists dont make good money off sales unless they go multi platinum 2x.

no you're not a idiot, it means you've fallen for the image given to you on television, that this music is a quick way to get rich. And while alot of artists do realize that there are those who don't and there are millions who are trying to achieve this "dream" in the least

spend 12 years grinding just for 2 years of success and not alot of money, and alot of them don't even own the rights to their music! it's alot more shit than you think

if only people knew the truth behind the music nowadays and why Nas is saying Hip Hop is dead.......read the interview again and think about it

WuTangWarrior
10-18-2006, 05:55 PM

RAP MUSIC is the genre and there are different types of RAP MUSIC. there is gangsta rap, club shit, concious shit, etc.....

IT IS ALL HIP HOP.

and how can you be rapping for the money when artists on a major deal dont make money? half the shit they have isnt theirs stupid.

i dont get all technical between w/e the difference between rap and hip hop is.... and ur wrong about the money part, rappers make a shitload of money even if they dont go 2x platinum

Kenny Powers
10-18-2006, 06:09 PM

IT IS ALL HIP HOP.

- You are quite possibly the biggest retard in this forum. Hip Hop is a lifestyle and the South is ruining it with their music and videos. And dont tell me those artists on mtv and bet countdowns who get played non stop on the radio dont make money, all you need is one hit single about nothing and theyre set for LIFE. Oh ur a manager/dj? where a strip club, your nothing but a scrub and i dont wanna read anymore of your shit.

- On another note when people refer to southern hip hop sucking, they dont mean outkast, scarface, etc. They are referring to the countless lil's and other rap groups that I dont have they patience to name...

Visionz
10-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Mos Def makes money off of rap. How's that a point? Ain't nobody goin hard on a mic 24/7 tryin to work a 9 to 5. To at least some extent, everyone's in it for the money. What that extent is depends upon the person. On the real though, its only in ignorance that someone would make a blanket statement trying to speak for a whole region of this country that most of yall have probably never even been to. If you only know Southern hip-hop for what you see on TV and hear on the radio then you really don't know Southern hip-hop.

You know about some So-so-def shit that J.D has been puttin out for years. Kris-kross, da brat,bow-wow etc. Dude is always tryin to jump on the next trend and make some money. He's savy about his marketing and now the whole fuckin world wanna throw stones at the south cuz Dupri and a couple other cats followed his lead and figured out how to make some cash. Fuck 'em, I don't listen to that poppy shit but that poppy shit DONT represent all of southern hip-hop.

Bone Collecta
10-18-2006, 06:19 PM
- You are quite possibly the biggest retard in this forum. Hip Hop is a lifestyle and the South is ruining it with their music and videos. And dont tell me those artists on mtv and bet countdowns who get played non stop on the radio dont make money, all you need is one hit single about nothing and theyre set for LIFE. Oh ur a manager/dj? where a strip club, your nothing but a scrub and i dont wanna read anymore of your shit.

- On another note when people refer to southern hip hop sucking, they dont mean outkast, scarface, etc. They are referring to the countless lil's and other rap groups that I dont have they patience to name...

lol i call ppl like you "hip hop emos" cause yall are bitches.

they arent ruinging SHIT.

so it was ok for NYers to be talking about coke and guns and disrespecting women? thats a lifestyle right? its good hip hop huh?

lol and its not 1 hit single to make money. Artists make their money(especially new artists) off of shows and appearances and they make about 5 cents an album on their first cd sooooo multiply a million by .5 and u not makin alot still. and all the promo they put into a new artists the artist doesnt make money until the label makes their money back stupid.

and for the slow muhh fucka that doesnt know the dif between hip hop and rap is that hip hop involves rap, grafitti, breakdancing, etc........ rap is a division of hip hop and there are divisions of rap

Visionz
10-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Devin the Dude

Hey motherfucker it's me again yep
The one who fucked your sister but quiet is kept
Because she burnin' but instead of cussin' out the bitch
Just didn't tell her then let her suck the puss up out my dick
Gave me some money for gas I hopped out on 59
Smokin' weed (weed)
And feelin' fine
Dick suckin' laws right behind and they look and they stare
But I got on my seat belt so I don't care
"How the fuck you doin' today Mr. Officer?
If I had the time I wouldn't mind to offer ya
A fat dime and a black nine in my shit
But no warrants and tight insurance so you can just ride the fuck on bitch"
People always gettin' mad at me bein' like this
Drankin' alcohol keeps me peein' white piss
Parents I'm not tellin' your children to smoke ya see
Cause if they just say no it be mo fa me

Hook:
Scratching "Mo fa me"

Verse 2:
What did you say your name was?
D-E-V-I-N
You saw me on the news but the TV be lyin'
They got bounty hunters lookin' for me I'm wanted for theft
Women claim that I came and got they pussy and left
I'm not an old fool from the old school like My Adidas
Cause All Day I Drink And Smoke it's like I need it
On stage you can boo you can hiss real loud
But I'll just pull out my dick and take a piss in the crowd
Then I'll smile take a bow put down my mic and I'll leave
Get the money from the promoter hope it's enough for some weed
Head dead to the back with the VIP status
In a room full of Pimps tryin' to find 'em a Gladis
Gotta pick one of 'em get one of 'em stick one of 'em quick
Cause they niggas might be here they niggas might be talkin' shit
They niggas always somewhere they ain't supposed to be
Niggas can't keep up with they pussy then it's mo fa me

Hook

Verse 3:
Son said "Daddy I don't wanna go to school
Cause the teachers a freak she tittie dance on the coo
And all my friends smoke reefer
I think it might be cheaper
If I buy a couple of pounds and sell 'em ounces and threefers"
Cause any way to come up I got to do it ch'all
I'm havin' flashbacks I'm about to stash crack in my drawers
But fuck the laws
They got my brother already they can suck my balls
Average nigga have no luck at all
But have no other choice but to take up the bet
Tryin' the seven or eleven when I come out and pick up a check
Gotta get my shit fixed
Hit a quick liquid
Fringe benefit, like gettin' my dick licked
Cause this money runnin' funny gonna break before I'm broke
And I can't be wakin' up in the mornin' nothing to smoke
So I think I'll smoke half and roll some sweets
Well I can't smoke I'm a sell it
Hell it's mo fa me

crass
10-18-2006, 06:36 PM
hip hop was at its peak in the late 80s

edit: and through early 93

Kenny Powers
10-18-2006, 06:43 PM
they make about 5 cents an album on their first cd sooooo multiply a million by .5

Thank you for proving my point that you are the biggest retard in this forum... 5 cents an album (which is not true anyways) would be .05 times a million, no wonder why you think the south good for hip hop... youre a dumbass.

10-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Thank you for proving my point that you are the biggest retard in this forum... 5 cents an album (which is not true anyways) would be .05 times a million, no wonder why you think the south good for hip hop... youre a dumbass.

it's close to that so what are you saying? he's not far off

Visionz
10-18-2006, 07:09 PM
On another note when people refer to southern hip hop sucking, they dont mean outkast, scarface, etc. They are referring to the countless lil's and other rap groups that I dont have they patience to name... Whom's patience? aha I'm just messing around. But on the real, you can't just say the South sucks and pretend that Outkast and Face ain't the South. They are indeed the South and a truer representation about what the South is about than the dudes that are getting at ya nerves in the first place. I've tried to show and prove with the lyrics I've posted from various artist here. Seems yall would rather be knuckleheads gettin into an endless circles of childish insults than tryin at all to achieve any real level of understanding. Whats the deal with that shit?

Bone Collecta
10-18-2006, 08:09 PM
it's close to that so what are you saying? he's not far off

lol this dude thinks he knows something

hey Quik how bout u tell me how much they make per cd sold?

most new artists at most get 8 cents per album on their first album

fuckin dumb ass kids think they know it all.

Kenny Powers
10-18-2006, 09:43 PM
I didnt say that the number was wrong, i said that ur multiplication was off because you put .5 when that would be 50%... when u meant 5% which would be .05....

staycreepin_n_silence
10-18-2006, 10:26 PM
One: The label eat off of every album sold and the artist is the one that get the left overs. That's why everyone starts their own label. Bone thugs got 20 cent I think off of every album sold and they had to split that. They sold over 30 million copies and still broke why, because the labels eat off of that first. Same way with death jams, and every other label

Two: The south isn't hurting hiphop. It's just that the wrong region is shining. If they North was making the same music it wouldn't be a problem. As a matter of fact when an artist makes shitty song from the north it's over looked when compare it to the south. The south we have Eight ball and mjg~Ugk~Fiend~goodie mob~36mafia~field mobb and project pat. And we have plenty more.

Three listen closely: Hip hop is the essay, rap is only just a paragraph. Understand that rap is diverse. If it wasn't then why are there so many white boys listening and trying to rap? If we are going to keep it one thing then let's keep it that never evovle and whites exit and listen to whatever the hell else. But it's diverse and that mean it has elements for everyone to enjoy whites and black alike.

Four: Hiphop hasn't peaked yet, however your interest in hiphop has peaked. it's a difference. Basically you like the gangsterhiphop era to me, I would rather the youth wanting to floss on big body rims instead of killing other black men and ending up in prison. That's what they want, make money off of every black head.

And

Five:HIPHOP IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT. WHEN THE CD IS OVER AND YOU TURN OFF THE RADIO THE WHOLE HIPHOP VIBE SHOULD BE TURNED OFF TOO. SURE IT CAN BE A CULTURE, I LIKE TO THINK OF HIPHOP AS A PERSONALITY. SEE YOU HAVE TO ADOPT MANY DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES TO ADAPTE TO MANY DIFFERENT CULTURES. I WORK IN RETAIL, I CAN'T SAY YO YO YO TO A COSTOMER, THE SLANG HAS BEEN TURNED IN FOR MORE SUITABLE DIALOGE. WHEN I'M IN CLASS I HAVE TO SWITCH MY PERSONALITY AND USE WORDS AND CORRECT GRAMMAR, IN HIPHOP, GRAMMAR ISN'T A FACTOR. I MEAN HOW MAN ARTIST DO I KNOW THAT'S USES CONVERSATE. COME ON CONVERSE MAN CONVERSE. THE SO CALLED INTELLIGENT RAP. I REVISE EVER LINE AND SAY YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WAS GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT. SO HIPHOP IS A PERSONALITY. HERE I DON'T CARE ABOUT BEING CORRECT BECAUSE WELL, 99.9% OF THIS SITE NOT TALKING/TYPING WELL. SO WHAT HIPHOP IS A PERSONALITY MORESO THAN A CULTURE OR IDENITY. YOU CAN'T CHANGE CULTURES BUT YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR IDENITY.

Bone Collecta
10-19-2006, 01:52 PM
I didnt say that the number was wrong, i said that ur multiplication was off because you put .5 when that would be 50%... when u meant 5% which would be .05....

i didnt put any percents dummy but yeah i meant .05 w/e

i know what im talkin bout