PDA

View Full Version : Who are the most Underrated/Overrated Rappers?

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Ill kick it off with

Underrated
Black Thought

Overrated
Talib Kweli

PLO-Stylez
10-17-2006, 08:50 PM
underrated:
MC Ren
Black Thought
Royce 5'9
Ice-T
Chuck D
Guru

overrated:
Biggie - if he didnt die we wouldnt hold him on such a high pedistal /we make him a martyr/ dont get me wrong great mc but overrated

Kanye

manhattan360
10-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Overatedd biggie tupac and jayz

Underated Kool g Rap, Az, Kane

snapple
10-17-2006, 11:02 PM
talib kweli over-rated!? whaat!? talib is a monster fuck outta here....

most underrated....CORMEGA

most over-rated i couldn't say, but i dont agree with biggie tupac or jayz you guys are buggin

Bedlam
10-18-2006, 12:01 AM
underrated... I agree with Black Thought, I'll say Chino XL

Overrated - Warcloud (just by retards on this board), Big L (I know I'll get mad hate, but I don't feel him as much as most people on here)

sonny getz
10-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Over rated: Tupac
I love Pac (listening to him right now actually), but I don't think he's the greatest MC of all time.

Also... Eminem, Busta Rhymes, and Jay Z

Under rated: Everlast, Cappadonna, and Ghost

maestro wooz
10-18-2006, 01:11 AM
under rated-lord finesse

:clap:

CID DIGITAL
10-18-2006, 01:17 AM
Underrated- Count Bass D

Overrated- T.I

Edgar Erebus
10-18-2006, 02:47 AM
Overrated - Snoop Dogg

Underrated - Sen Dog

Two dogz, LOL

GSTYLE
10-18-2006, 04:26 AM
Overrated - LIl Wayne and Juelz Santana - hows people gonna be sain they the best today? Camron

underrated - Xzibit, SCARFACE, Game - he does have skills, B Real (had some real skills back in the early 90s), W.C

IRONMAN GFK
10-18-2006, 06:21 AM
overrated: MF DOOM
i know i'm gonna get a lot of criticism over this, but whatever

underrated: jadakiss

the insignificant
10-18-2006, 06:22 AM
underrated... ice t

overrated... so many guys are overrated in so many different ways... a lot of wu members and fam are massively overrated on these forums for instance... but i have to say, that guys like big, jay-z and pac were never the best... not to say they aren't great though...

the insignificant
10-18-2006, 06:23 AM
aw yeh and massively overrated... CANIBUS!!! 'i'm great like this, i'm great like that'... talk about something else other than yourself for once idiot...

TAURO
10-18-2006, 07:31 AM
Overrated - Snoop Dogg

Underrated - Sen Dog

Two dogz, LOL

SEN DOG? hahhaha he's nothing more than a glorified hype man, wtf you talking about underated he's not even in the equation.

Cesar
10-18-2006, 09:10 AM
most underrated....CORMEGA

Most Overrated.... LIL WAYNE

TAURO
10-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Most Underated - Sick Jacken, Reef da lost Cauze, King Syze

Most Overated - T I, Jay Z, Tupac

PDTantisocial
10-18-2006, 10:26 AM
I agree that Reef is underrated, but King Syze sucks, one of the few AOTP members I really don't like.

Lil' Wayne is extremely overrated, I can't believe people actually think this guy is good.

TSA
10-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Over rated: Tupac
I love Pac (listening to him right now actually), but I don't think he's the greatest MC of all time.

Also... Eminem, Busta Rhymes, and Jay Z

Under rated: Everlast, Cappadonna, and Ghost

eminem's better then cappadonna and ghost combine, i like ghost and donna 100 times more but come on.

big_tig
10-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Underrated: Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Cormega, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Raekwon

Overrated: 2Pac, 50 Cent, Snoop

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
10-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Underrated: Big Pun,Big L,Killah Priest,Rugged Man

Overrated: G-Unot

sonny getz
10-18-2006, 03:59 PM
eminem's better then cappadonna and ghost combine, i like ghost and donna 100 times more but come on.

What are you talking about? You don't make any sense.

CID DIGITAL
10-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Its funny that in most of those threads , ppl are like "I'm gonna kick it off".

LikwidSwordz
10-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Wow Canibus is overrated? Eminem? You dont think they got skills? Canibus jus went toe to toe with every Wu member right? But hes jus "aiight".... Whatever, too many people jus judge him from the stuff he has jus released....in his prime he was untouchable with his lyrics. And Eminem is a genius, you need to wake the fuck up. This is a Wu-Tang website and they are always talkin about how lyrics are far more important than the beat. And since thats the case, how would you say Em and Bis are overrated?

SickSide
10-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Wow Canibus is overrated? Eminem? You dont think they got skills? Canibus jus went toe to toe with every Wu member right? But hes jus "aiight".... Whatever, too many people jus judge him from the stuff he has jus released....in his prime he was untouchable with his lyrics. And Eminem is a genius, you need to wake the fuck up. This is a Wu-Tang website and they are always talkin about how lyrics are far more important than the beat. And since thats the case, how would you say Em and Bis are overrated?
i would like to subscribe to your newspaper

Visionz
10-18-2006, 07:44 PM
SEN DOG? hahhaha he's nothing more than a glorified hype man, wtf you talking about underated he's not even in the equation.

hahahalmao.....imaginary rep

Visionz
10-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Underated: BigBoi

Overated: Bizaar

crass
10-18-2006, 07:51 PM
i'm not gonna mention wack corporate shit that 13 year olds eat up, so i'll just name shit from within the faithful hip hop community

overrated - tupac, snoop, jedi mind tricks (paz is a one-trick-pony), fat joe, and wack shit like Atmosphere, Aeosop Rock and Sage Francis

underrated - ultramagentic MCs, 3rd bass, kool keith, craig G, dj shadow (underappreciated by most hip hop heads),

oDoUoSoKo
10-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Or:lil Wayne

Ur: Royce Da 5'9

Visionz
10-18-2006, 07:58 PM
saw Shadow on Oct 1st, dope performance, He was bangin out the drums on quite a few of his tracks on an akai. Had the visuals to go along every step of the way. Lateef opened and came out for a couple songs w/ shadow as well. Should check it out if the tours swings to where ever ur at.

Speaking of underated artist: Lateef and Lyrics Borns aka Latyrx

crass
10-18-2006, 08:00 PM
that sounds awesome. wasn't too impressed with his new album though, although i haven't listened too closely.

b-dolo
10-18-2006, 08:04 PM
overated- eminem-busta
underated- az-freeway

energizer
10-18-2006, 08:08 PM
i'm not gonna mention wack corporate shit that 13 year olds eat up, so i'll just name shit from within the faithful hip hop community

overrated - tupac, snoop, jedi mind tricks (paz is a one-trick-pony), fat joe, and wack shit like Atmosphere, Aeosop Rock and Sage Francis

underrated - ultramagentic MCs, 3rd bass, kool keith, craig G, dj shadow (underappreciated by most hip hop heads),

haha u said ultramag and kool keith

for me

overrated: TI

underrated: mf grimm

B.O.N.E.
10-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Overrated: 36 Mafia, they suck.

Underrated: Cunninlynguists, Immortal Technique, Boot Camp Clik

crass
10-18-2006, 08:19 PM
haha u said ultramag and kool keith

yeah so what? ultramag is overlooked as a group, keith as an individual.

energizer
10-18-2006, 08:33 PM
yeah so what? ultramag is overlooked as a group, keith as an individual.

no, i agree, i was just making a pointless observation

crass
10-18-2006, 08:37 PM
oh alright, word.

oDoUoSoKo
10-18-2006, 08:41 PM
or: kool kieth, cilva ringz, holocaust

ur:benefit, c rayz, count bass d, rodan

12weLvE
10-18-2006, 09:23 PM
From the top of my head...

Overated: Talib

Underated: Xzibit

the insignificant
10-19-2006, 04:51 AM

man i'm sick of hearing this canibus going toe to toe with every wu member, fam, wife, girlfriend and unborn foetus... never believed it, never will... but that sums canibus up... he's a glorified battle rapper... BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG GG!

Frank Drebin
10-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Over rated 1.eminem 2.big pun
Under rated.... cant think of any

Dirty Knowledge
10-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Overratted.... ehh.. prolly Biggie or Pac.
Underrated.... hmmm.. prolly Khadafi or Styles P.

Tetsuo
10-19-2006, 03:00 PM
1. Jay-Z 2. Li'l Wayne 3. KRS

11th Chamber
10-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Overated - Jay-Z. Without a doubt.

M4TH3M4T1CS
10-19-2006, 10:10 PM
overrated-2pac
underrated-cormega

12weLvE
10-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Super Underated And Underappreciated: Redman

Meta4
10-19-2006, 10:48 PM

Prolly a perfect list. And to the Under I'll add G Rap, Jada and AZ. I think Styles is DEFINITLEY under-rated for the amout of exposure he can get.

White_Mouse
10-19-2006, 11:27 PM
some of the most underated people is probably all the emcees and producers of "Deepspace 5".
including "The Listener" and "Sintax the Terrific" and "Manchild" very dangerous emcees all of them.

i think ILL BILL is also underated. i hear the song "Alien Workshop" and was like "woa why haven't i heard of THIS guy before!?"

i think Jedi Mind Tricks is overated to some degree. Although Vinnie Paz is an EXTREMELY gifted emcee, his style and content tends to be pretty genric. but his metaphors and multis are complete genious.
"And now were's more merciless then a statue of Ming/
and yall are more purposeless than a pacifest King//9:|6

Azor-Megah
10-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Overated: Chino XL

Underated: Saul Williams

Azor-Megah
10-20-2006, 12:21 AM
Underrated: Fruitkwon, Cappadonna, Rass Kass, Poetic, Sunz Of Man, & Aseop Rock.

Overated: 50 cent & the whole G-Unit, Fat Joe, E-40, Ludacris, Freeway, Common (with his freestyle as the exception) & P-Diddy

staycreepin_n_silence
10-20-2006, 03:10 AM
In wu tang clan and the fam
under rated
Inspectah deck, mastah killiah, Hell razor, prodigal sunn, solomon child, royal fam

Over rated
Where shall I begin,
Ghostface. love ghost but he's not the only good wu rapper,

Rza~Not a big fan of his on the mic. I'm sorry I just don't see why he's so great.

Raekwon~is over hyped sorry, his best album featured the entire wu tang clan time 2. I say he's good for a fire ass verse but an whole album i don't ahve high hopes

Cilvaringz: Maybe I've downloaded the wrong songs but this dude isn't all that hott

La the darkman: Heard great things about this dude and download a few songs. Wasn't impress

Bronze Nazareth: He's decent but definatly not what I thought consider the hype around him

Shabazz the disciple: I wasn't taken by his blow yet wu tang corp suckered me into thinking this dude was hot. I'm not feeling his lyric either. To me he sounds like another wu tang regect
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
hiphop game

Most under rated
Az, Kewli, Krayzie bone, Mf doom, fiend, murs, black thoughts, big pun, kool g rap, field mobb, dibiase,jaz o, common, dilated people, J 5

Most over rated
Jay z, Nas, biggie, pac, the clipse, joe budden, lil wayne, royce da 5'9"jedi mind trick, mobb deep, m.o.p.

Razorsharp
10-20-2006, 03:43 AM
=Underrated=

Guru
Chuck D
D.O.C.
Pumpkinhead =]

=Overrated=
Tupac
Biggie
Snoop Dogg (well at least over here, since i live on the westside)

Spartibus
10-20-2006, 04:19 AM
Over-Rated..

Eminem. {sounds like he swallows hellium before spitting}
Tupac. {can you feel me,and that false laugh he does is a turn off}
Snoop. {he's good as a ft artist,but on he's own albums he's shit}
Ludicriss. {just plain crap}
50 Cents {mumberling bitch,with wack lyrics}

Under-Reated

Kool g Rap.
Canibus.
Killah Priest.
Abdominal.
Chino XL.

White_Mouse
10-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Over-Rated..

Eminem. {sounds like he swallows hellium before spitting}Tupac. {can you feel me,and that false laugh he does is a turn off}
Snoop. {he's good as a ft artist,but on he's own albums he's shit}
Ludicriss. {just plain crap}
50 Cents {mumberling bitch,with wack lyrics}

Under-Reated

Kool g Rap.
Canibus.
Killah Priest.
Abdominal.
Chino XL.

funny people say that about me, nut it's just my voice is high like his old stuff is i didn't plan it that way though:nonono:

wuswordz95
10-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Underated John Cena, He Is The Best Outside Of The Wu.
Overated. Tu Pac

Dante
10-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Overrated: Pac, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Julez Santana, Big Pun, Canibus, MF Doom, Immortal Technique (around this site anyway), Vinnie Paz (same as Tech)

Underrated: Redman, Pharoahe Monch, Ras Kass, Inspectah Deck, Kool G Rap

White_Mouse
10-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Underated John Cena, He Is The Best Outside Of The Wu.
Overated. Tu Pac

huh? that +) guy from wrestling!!!???:looking: :?

Longbongcilvaringz
10-25-2006, 10:39 PM
http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26827 (http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26827)

http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5711 (http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5711)

http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16599 (http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16599)

http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2969 (http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2969)

http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11824 (http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11824)

http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18245 (http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18245)

http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27561

hahha, nice.

Dough Snatcher
10-25-2006, 10:54 PM

Madd props for that man... ^O^

Underrated: Ray Cash, Kool G Rap, Saul Williams, Styles P, PUN...
Overrated: Chamillionaire, Chino XL, Game, TI, Z-Ro...

I saw John Cena on some one's underrated list...SMH

Alcryt
11-08-2006, 05:20 AM
Super Underated And Underappreciated: Redman

co-sign
Overrated: 2pac (still great just not THE greatest imo), 50 cent
Underated: U-god