PDA

View Full Version : Pharoahe Monch's New Album????????

Visionz
10-18-2006, 07:19 PM
http://www.allhiphop.com/HIPHOPNEWS/?ID=5391

This storie's kinda old so does anyone know the actual deal w/ his new album? I saw a release date of late November just the other day. Is that for real or is that some bullshit? I've been waiting for like seems 5 or 6 years for a new album to drop.

36chambers
10-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Its supposed to drop Nov 21st, but I haven't heard anything about it at all, so It may get delayed. Internal Affairs is one of my favourite albums of all time, Im lucky to own an original copy of that album.

Visionz
10-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Me as well. I heard that they've pulled Simon Says off any of the new prints. Sucks cuz it actually takes away two songs off the CD. Its crazy to think of all the classic hip-hop that wouldve never came out due the issue of clearing samples. No Paul's Boutique, and all the early PE albums.

PDTantisocial
10-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Here's the page I made for it on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desire_%28Pharoahe_Monch_album%29

Last I heard was the 28th, but who the fuck knows.

Visionz
10-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the link and the info mayne, sounds like its gonna be dope when it drops (of course, why would you expect any different when it's Pharoahe-Phucking-Monche)

ERN-DAWGY
10-19-2006, 01:27 AM
whoa is this true?

I'll check back tomorrow when I'm not trippin out on shrooms

PEACE

Visionz
10-19-2006, 01:41 AM
http://rap.about.com/od/hiphopvideos/v/PharoahePush.htm

link for the new video. I'm not sure how I feel about the song on my intial impression. I was expecting the song would have more than one verse but it could just be a radio edit, I'm also used to Monch on a grimy beat. Of course it's been 6-7 years since Affairs was dropped so ofcourse you're gonna change in that time span. When a artist shifts like that it sometimes takes a little while to get used to but in the end its just good to see he's finally getting all the bullshit business sides of things out the way so he can get back to makin music. All respect to Pharoahe, to me he's got one of the sickest flows in the game.

Dirty Knowledge
10-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Great news.

CharlesJones
10-19-2006, 03:47 PM
It's no excuse for Pharoahe Monch to wait this damn long to come with another album since Internal Affairs album. I honestly think he won't release another album. He's probably tired of dealing with record companies.

Visionz
10-19-2006, 09:18 PM
atleast its the labels instead of Pharoahe himself. I've never beeen able to get hold of "The Sun Will Rise" and he finished that in around 2002-2003.

CharlesJones
10-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Record labels are fucking pussies. The white employees who work at these record companies don't know a god damn thing about rap music and that's what makes the rappers upset. Rappers get tired of their albums getting delayed or never coming out because the record labels are scared of real hip hop. Only record labels that will sign real rap artists are independent labels. Pharoahe Monch probably feels he could've had out at least 3 albums since Internal Affairs album if the record companies wasn't acting like bitches.

Rame
10-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Record labels are fucking pussies. The white employees who work at these record companies don't know a god damn thing about rap music and that's what makes the rappers upset.

So white people don't know about rap music?

They probably know more than you but wanna make money and that's the reason they're fucking around with albums..

IvanKorbi
10-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Record labels are fucking pussies. The white employees who work at these record companies don't know a god damn thing about rap music and that's what makes the rappers upset. Rappers get tired of their albums getting delayed or never coming out because the record labels are scared of real hip hop. Only record labels that will sign real rap artists are independent labels. Pharoahe Monch probably feels he could've had out at least 3 albums since Internal Affairs album if the record companies wasn't acting like bitches.

So you obviously know who the employees are at record labels, huh?.Russel simmons and Jay-Z is pushing back half the artist on def jam.
Pharoahe chose to sign with white guy rifkin (who as far as i can remember had a happy wu-tang on the loud roster), and they already made a video (doesn't look especially low budget either).
pharoahe's contract with rawkus, and their bankrupcy, is why monch havent released an album. And since organized got fucked by the label through three albums, he used his time to choose the right label.

Not that i fully believe in the release date tho...

brown_dogg
10-20-2006, 09:52 PM
too many impotent emcees in this god forsaken city
ain't fuckin it right, they ain't fuckin it right
they ain't fuckin it right, they ain't fuckin it like... ME!

pharoahe's one of the greatest.

IvanKorbi
10-24-2006, 10:31 PM
new interview:

http://www.mp3.com/features/stories/6842.html

Visionz
10-25-2006, 03:17 AM
word^he killed that track

Funk_Dock
10-25-2006, 08:41 AM
cant wait for this to drop ive been waitin ages

wonder if it'll be able to top internal affairs

CharlesJones
10-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Kris Kasper Internal Affairs came out 7 years ago.