PDA

View Full Version : Death Be The Penalty

Ultimate Fist
10-19-2006, 12:54 AM
What does that phrase actually mean? Also in the song what religion is Shabazz talking about when he says "Jesus had to die for your religion." Is it Christians (which I thought at first) or Jews (who killed him because they didnt understand what he was saying)?

abasi
10-20-2006, 04:27 PM
i think its christianity

Black Tye Chi
10-22-2006, 04:19 PM
What does that phrase actually mean? Also in the song what religion is Shabazz talking about when he says "Jesus had to die for your religion." Is it Christians (which I thought at first) or Jews (who killed him because they didnt understand what he was saying)?

The sentance is literal. Like in sport, you are penalized and serve a penalty, in this case death is that.

With the other line he's actually saying "Killed Jesus then said that he died for their religion". He's basically taking about the romans that killed jesus (pontius pilate) and the romans that started christianity (Paul who was Saul and who was a murderer of the jews). So basically he's pointing out the fact that they killed the man they claim is their saviour out of hatred then proceeded to worship him after. People that truly understand jesus knows that he studied the lessons of the torah (as well as islam) and he came to uphold the laws, not change them (i.e. jewish law). so the new testaments refinement of the teachings of the old testament hold no weight.

One and Only
11-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Death be the penatly...the penalty for doing something is death...

diesel
11-25-2006, 07:05 PM
the original man is god .. the white man is devil

Tetsuo
11-26-2006, 08:07 PM
I've always thought that it's a great song, but at the same time it's kind of drawn because it sounds real hateful towards white people. "Pale faced devil race, Caucausoid germ, grafted from original Black man's sperm." I have mixed feelings towards it because despite the hatred and absurdity it embodies, lyrically and emotionally it's on point.