PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed

shaolinsword
10-19-2006, 02:55 AM
Haven't seen any topics about this game so I thought I'd make one

In the game you play an assassin (just incase you didn't notice) it's based in medievil times where depending on how you treat they public they can either cover for you when the law are after you, point them in the wrong way etc or just rat you out. The hard thing is your marks are in public but the good thing is you can take whatever route you can think of (running across rooftops, jump down then kill the mark)

http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Screenshot.aspx?pId=4488&sId=25684

Only 2 screenshots on there sorry, I tried going on the official website for the game but my PC at work aint got flash

CHRONZ
10-19-2006, 03:54 AM
sounds real dope man !
what is the game for ?
i mean PC or Consol ?

peace

shaolinsword
10-19-2006, 07:01 AM
PS3, not sure if it's out on xbox 360 though although I hope not. Best thing about the game is the fact he's had to chop one of his fingers off cos the assasins in the clan he's with have retractable blades coming out of their wrists

the blade in all it's glory

http://www.planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-5894

Bloo
10-20-2006, 05:22 AM
Sorry to dissapoint ya Shao, but Assassin's Creed has been confirmed for the X360 as well...

Not nessicarily a bad thing though.

CHRONZ
10-20-2006, 05:24 AM
i gotta get this game man !

shaolinsword
10-20-2006, 06:31 AM
Sorry to dissapoint ya Shao, but Assassin's Creed has been confirmed for the X360 as well...

Not nessicarily a bad thing though.

guess I'll have to go against my morals and get a 360 if the game comes out before the PS3 launches then

Tage
11-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Not a thread for this yet? :frusty:

http://crenk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/assassins_creed_2_cover.jpg

...this game is great. Alot more detailed than the first, but the good things have stayed. Alot more customisation of weapons etc... aswell as your city's stronghold.

Gameplay wise, it is pretty muich the same, although you now have dual wield hidden daggers, etc... things like that(and smokebombs) make the gameplay alot better.

Anyone else have this?

edit - hahahaha... i was meant to make a new thread, after i only found this one.... i added a new post instead. oops.

Rame
11-22-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm going to try it tonight.

Rame
11-22-2009, 04:55 PM
It bored the shit outta me.

TAURO
11-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Assassins 2 looks great. I own the first game but i've yet to play it even though i've had it for months. I just don't get round to playing much games.

RagnaroK
11-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Im playing the 1st almost finish just one kill left love the game even if it is repetitive just the thrill of jumping where ever i want and silently kill unsuspecting guards made me play this game for hours without getting bored.

I have seen ACII and its at a whole new level with the graphic voice acting gameplay everything you can change clothes buy weapons pickpocket for money use various tricks to distract guars like paying a group of women to flirt with them while you go through to the place they where guarding pay some mercenaries to help you battle throw some money to the floor and watch people get crazy he can swim now and when you get out off the water his clothes looks all wet this game is highly detail one of the best this year

shaolinsword
11-24-2009, 10:40 AM
It bored the shit outta me.

How did it bore you?

Tage
11-24-2009, 11:09 AM
hahaha^ ... was gonna ask the same thing.

im close to platting this. once ive finished the dna sequences i only really have glyphs and feathers to do.

Rame
11-24-2009, 12:22 PM
The story didn't interest me, maybe I should have checked what the first game was about first.

''Climb to the roof of the church''
''Beat up those kids''
''Deliver this letter''

BOOOOORING!

It might get better if I play some more though, maybe the story will develop in a good way.

Tage
11-24-2009, 01:33 PM
haha... be patient.

wait until you actually get weapons and meet up with Leonardo Da Vinci.

shaolinsword
11-25-2009, 04:26 AM
The story didn't interest me, maybe I should have checked what the first game was about first.

''Climb to the roof of the church''
''Beat up those kids''
''Deliver this letter''

BOOOOORING!

It might get better if I play some more though, maybe the story will develop in a good way.

That bit does suck but once you get the tools to kill people the story picks up and there's a lot more to do

KZA
11-27-2009, 09:08 AM
never played the first one but the 2nd one is dope

Tecknowledgist
11-29-2009, 07:52 PM
i have this game 100% except for the fucking feathers. no human can find all these sons of bitches. without a guide

reminds of the damn hidden packages on GTA3

RagnaroK
11-29-2009, 09:16 PM
LOL! then you would love the first AC on this game instead of feathers it had flags and there were more then 400 including the FUCKING! kingdom where you had to ride a horse to reach other cities
no rewards what so ever for finding them

Tecknowledgist
11-29-2009, 10:29 PM
i hate when they do these kinds of things. i mean 100? i could play this game for the rest of my life with 99 feathers and not find the last one. theres no map, hints. it could be in venice and i would be looking in florence for years

fuckin BULLSHIT haha

shaolinsword
11-30-2009, 02:39 AM
i have this game 100% except for the fucking feathers. no human can find all these sons of bitches. without a guide

reminds of the damn hidden packages on GTA3

I found em all without a guide

If you go to DNA then over to the right there's a section that tells you how many you've got in each district for each town

Tage
11-30-2009, 11:36 AM
^lol you didnt use a guide?... i just printed out the maps.

the hardest trophy for me was the no hitter trophy - mainly because my version would crash if i used a smokebomb and then dual assassinated twice in a row. so i just used a smokebomb and killed some with a dagger and finished off a whole group with hidden blades. probably could have got it the hard way of actually only using a sword, but it would have been a grind.

so, shaolinsword, you was wrong about the smokebombs taking you out of combat :9

anyway... only took a week to Plat. i should take it back, but i think i might have to keep it for the collection - and since i have the original assassin's creed.

shaolinsword
11-30-2009, 12:28 PM
No guide, the feathers were alright because most of em are in plain sight and doing the later truth puzzles really got annoying

It worked for you? That sucks, I spent ages trying to get that trophy because I'd always get the 8th or 9th person running away

I'm gonna keep my copy, I got the white edition so a lot of money would be taken off because I used the code. I started it again as well

Tecknowledgist
11-30-2009, 09:14 PM
i found the truth puzzles really easy, (except the ones where you have to pick 5 paintings, due to the embarrassing size of my tv)

but if it says the locations of the feathers like you say, i'll be good

props for that little gem

BRONZBODY
11-30-2009, 09:14 PM
couldnt get into AC man....not a bad game or anything just not my cup of tea.

shaolinsword
12-21-2009, 01:01 PM
There's 2 new dlc coming out for AC2 soon, the first is "the battle of Forli" which is out in Jan and the other is "the bonfire of the vanities" which is out in Feb. These fill in the "glitched" memories

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/assassins-creed-ii-dlc-trailer-1

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-22-2009, 02:05 AM
I found em all without a guide

If you go to DNA then over to the right there's a section that tells you how many you've got in each district for each town

same here, seriously [trying to find 99 Beads in Okami is the most difficult shit ever, after 50 hours of playing I only got 35 of them]...plus the game is A LOT BETTER than the first one.

fighting still has to be improved tho, the executions are great, but if u fuck up something, it's so boring to fight. the story is still somewhat strange, but ok, why not? I've seen worse.

Tage
12-22-2009, 01:15 PM
^finally got a PS3?

thatKid
12-22-2009, 02:26 PM
is the 2nd one good? is it like god of war 1n2? action packed

shaolinsword
12-22-2009, 03:25 PM
is the 2nd one good? is it like god of war 1n2? action packed

Brilliant game, it's an open world mission based game so nothing like GoW

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-22-2009, 05:38 PM
^finally got a PS3?

actually, my cousin got the game and we finished it 98% in a week; playing slowly, but enjoyable

=) maybe I'll get my PS3 for Xmas

Longbongcilvaringz
12-27-2009, 02:41 AM
i found the truth puzzles really easy, (except the ones where you have to pick 5 paintings, due to the embarrassing size of my tv)

Ha, i have a similar problem, but it's not so much the size of my tv, but more how far i sit back.

Good game though, i only got it yesterday, and haven't really gotten that far into it. To be honest, i prefer to running around and killing guards as oppose to doing anything else.

Shit like collecting feathers irritates me a little, but i just forgo it rather than bother finding everything.

What do you get for finding all the feathers anyway?

CHRONZ
12-27-2009, 07:40 AM
i played ACII like mad for a few days until i got that armor down in the assassins sanctuary.. after that everything was like blaah...

shaolinsword
12-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Ha, i have a similar problem, but it's not so much the size of my tv, but more how far i sit back.

Good game though, i only got it yesterday, and haven't really gotten that far into it. To be honest, i prefer to running around and killing guards as oppose to doing anything else.

Shit like collecting feathers irritates me a little, but i just forgo it rather than bother finding everything.

What do you get for finding all the feathers anyway?

For 50 feathers you get a new weapon and for 100 you get the Auditore cape which keeps you constantly notorious

Longbongcilvaringz
12-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Some of the glyph puzzles are pretty annoying also.

The one about wielding power and cutting etc. was obviously any picture with a sword being wielded in it... identifying which of the images had this was pretty frustrating though.

Maybe just because i'm playing on a shitty tv, but they seem unnecessarily small and unclear. As is the text in general gameplay.

Rame
09-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Is part 1 like an intro to part 2 or are there 2 completely different stories?

I heard part 1 is repetitive so I want to know if I really need to play it before I start playing part 2.

I have played both games a while ago (borrowed them) and I got bored by them pretty fast but now I got a free copy of Assassins Creed II so I'm about to give it another try.

shaolinsword
09-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Is part 1 like an intro to part 2 or are there 2 completely different stories?

I heard part 1 is repetitive so I want to know if I really need to play it before I start playing part 2.

I have played both games a while ago (borrowed them) and I got bored by them pretty fast but now I got a free copy of Assassins Creed II so I'm about to give it another try.

Part 1 is extremely repetitive but good if you can put up with it

The second game carries on from the first (although the two assassins are different) but it's not exactly a hard story line to follow so you don't really need to play the first, you can always find the plot line on wiki

Rame
09-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks.

I'll skip part 1 and if I really like AC2 I might cop it after all.

shaolinsword
09-01-2010, 05:55 PM
No worries. I liked the original but you're limited to three activities per target

Don't bother with the two add ons unless you have the rip off [ultimate] version

Tecknowledgist
09-01-2010, 06:25 PM
the first one was god awful...probably because i played it after beating the second one. it was just ridiculously repetitive

shaolinsword
05-05-2011, 07:29 AM
There's another one coming out this November. Here's the latest teaser

a91WzlVYj6A&feature=player_embedded

This will be the final game in the Ezio trilogy and, unfortunately, still has multiplayer

http://uk.kotaku.com/5798941/assassins-creed-revelations-brings-the-ezio-trilogy-to-a-close-in-november