PDA

View Full Version : Crunk Muzik

snapple
10-19-2006, 11:58 AM
i know a lot of people have a lot of hate for the south, and if you do or wanna argue if this is music or not you can go suck a rose stem and read a dictionary. ANYWAY so to the non-haters, whats your favortie crunk muzik...ive been down south for a minute now and ive been getting more and more exposed to the hiphop community down here. Ive been put onto a lotta shit so far. i'm looking for more suggestions though....lil boosey is my shit. Livin what im spitting is my fucking BANGER god damn that shit is hype. so who else am i probably sleeping on, whos nice with it?

Bone Collecta
10-19-2006, 01:44 PM
see told yall muhhh fuckas if u go to the south yall will see what its like and begin to see the style chea

but i like a bunch of shits lil john's 2nd album was pretty good

snapple
10-19-2006, 08:20 PM
see told yall muhhh fuckas if u go to the south yall will see what its like and begin to see the style chea

but i like a bunch of shits lil john's 2nd album was pretty good

well i was listening to southern music before i came down here, just didn't know of as many artists as i do now

Bone Collecta
10-20-2006, 12:45 AM
and i remember ppl arguing with me that they knew the southern underground when they knew nothing but the ppl they see on tv thinking that the underground is the same.

staycreepin_n_silence
10-20-2006, 01:51 AM
lil jon is cool

rick ross

I still think knuck if you buck was an aight joint.

ying yang twin whisper song beat was nice and the song um can't remember but I like it

It's also some non crunk non scewed music. I mean it's still some rappers down here that doesn't talk about their teeth and their party song

Project pat getty green
Fiend street life and addiction
Eightball lost was a monster

Visionz
10-20-2006, 02:33 AM
I suggest checking out some of the joints on mixunit.com as well. Dope mixtapes from all regions but there's some Southern ones that'll give a good mix of artist, that nationally, are getting slept on. You've probably heard most of the people I could list for you. Deflintely peep Devin the Dude's shit if you haven't already. It's not crunk but there ain't a weedhead on the planet that shouldn't own at least a couple of his joints. Just Trying to Live, and I wanna say the other is The Dude. Not sure of the name but he's on the cover taking a shit reading the Houston Chronic, haha gotta love that shit homie. It's some of the most chilled out, sit back and smoke a blunt music on the planet. Works great in the ride as well.

TSA
10-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Kings Of Crunk(which i think it's classic because of it's influence and for someone who understands the music, its CRACK)

David Banner's first 2 cds(i think they came out the same year)

Bone crruusshheerrrrr mottherr fucka

Some Trillvill

some Lil scrappy

Pastor Troy offcourse

Lil John in general

Ying Yang

Gza

snapple
10-20-2006, 09:06 AM
ive been bumping devin the due for years, i already am familiar with the classic southern artists....goodie mob...8ball MJG, project pat...outkast....SPM...Zro....KRINO....i could keep going...im familiar with all the big southern artists...im looking for that fresh shit in the crunk scene dudes on the come up

TAURO
10-20-2006, 12:55 PM
ive been bumping devin the due for years, i already am familiar with the classic southern artists....goodie mob...8ball MJG, project pat...outkast....SPM...Zro....KRINO....i could keep going...im familiar with all the big southern artists...im looking for that fresh shit in the crunk scene dudes on the come up

Isn't SPM SouthPark Mexican? I heard he was locked up for like ten years or some shit for sexually molesting a underage girl.

snapple
10-20-2006, 02:15 PM
im pretty sure he was killed in jail, he was a pedo, theres been at least 2 or 3 known incidents, and i mean 2 or 3 DIFFERENT little girls. but a lot of MCs are fucked up in the head and do fucked up shit, SPM made dope music

TAURO
10-20-2006, 05:31 PM
im pretty sure he was killed in jail, he was a pedo, theres been at least 2 or 3 known incidents, and i mean 2 or 3 DIFFERENT little girls. but a lot of MCs are fucked up in the head and do fucked up shit, SPM made dope music

I've heard some of his shit and it was dope but no way am I buying his shit, normally I don't care much about what the mc's get up to in their personal lives but I draw the line here. I haven't heard anything about him being killed but it wouldn't surprise me.

snapple
10-20-2006, 05:50 PM
man thats stupid so many of your favorite MCs have disgusting skeletons in their closet, its not like SPM spits about that shit...

Gawd
10-20-2006, 05:52 PM
triple six mafia tapes from 90-96 are the shit..........

TAURO
10-20-2006, 05:56 PM
man thats stupid so many of your favorite MCs have disgusting skeletons in their closet, its not like SPM spits about that shit...

What did I just type I said NORMALLY I DON'T CARE what rappers get up too in their personal lives, you can carry on listening to his music I ain't gonna persuade you otherwise thats your business, but I choose not to because if I heard his shit thats all that I would be thinking about so how can I support an artist like that.

Gawd
10-20-2006, 06:03 PM
what happened to who?

wuswordz95
10-21-2006, 12:52 PM
I Dont Like Crunk. Its Garbage To Me. I Dunno Maybe If Underground Crunk Exixsts Maybe Ill Like That A Lil Better. Crunk Is Just Noise To Me. Its Nonsense. Maybe Crunk Was Made So That The White Man Can Say Ahh Whats That Noise.

oDoUoSoKo
10-22-2006, 04:06 PM
this is that bang bang bang to my hooligan gang while u movin them thangs and ya toolies go bang

Wongo921
10-22-2006, 04:25 PM
SMP had a kid with a girl that was like 15

SHRAP
10-22-2006, 04:38 PM
somebody said rick ross is crunk? wtf? i dont know how 2 reply 2 this thread now, is this shit about CRUNK or jus about southern rap in general

wuswordz wow what a dumb fuckin reply, MAYBE IF ITS UNDERGROUND CRUNK ILL LIKE IT BETTER, hahahahahah :hooray:

theres lots of sick underground crunk shit jus look on MYSPACE

all yall in this thread

WHAT WAS THE FIRST CRUNK SONG

and WHO MADE IT

thats my answer 4 favorite crunk music

snapple
10-22-2006, 10:18 PM
i dont go on myspace so why dont you surf myspace for me shrap and get back with some names and upload a track or 2

wuswordz 95 i think you're very close minded and ignorant, stay outta my thread

TAURO
10-22-2006, 10:22 PM
I Dont Like Crunk. Its Garbage To Me. I Dunno Maybe If Underground Crunk Exixsts Maybe Ill Like That A Lil Better.

!!BACKPACKER ALERT!! !!BACKPACKER ALERT!!

snapple
10-22-2006, 10:24 PM
this is that bang bang bang to my hooligan gang while u movin them thangs and ya toolies go bang

SIIIIIIRRRREEEEEENNNNNSSS

call me RICOCHET RABBIT
cause i click and spray matics
& my n*ggaz straight savage

BRONZBODY
10-22-2006, 10:28 PM
u should mos def check out devin the dude..dude is real...z-ro is good. guerilla maab,slim thugs old shit.pastor troy,....but really just ask around man...there is alot of that shit i dont like....but at the same time u got sum niggas here in the south that are really ill...

snapple
10-22-2006, 10:35 PM
ahh son check after my first post.....even in new york we were pumpin devin the dude and Z-ro, i already listed most of the south i know, i know big h-town and southern dudes mang im lookin for the unsigned hood legends....or are they non existent besides lil booooosssseeeeeyyyyy

Longbongcilvaringz
10-22-2006, 11:55 PM
i can honestly say i have not liked any crunk ive heard.

im open to suggestions as to what is good, i just javent found anything ive liked so far.

Visionz
10-23-2006, 01:52 AM
how much time have you spent in the club? I'm not sure about Aussie laws but any club a 18 yrs is allowed in is gonna be wack. Maybe an experience that allows you to relate with the music is what you're lacking.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-23-2006, 03:47 AM
yeah clubs here play striclty dance music mostly. pretty much no crunk im afriad to say lol.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-23-2006, 03:50 AM
haha, just read it again, over here 18 is the drinking age. ive been to clubs. um, dont really know what your getting at, like i cant relate to it because i havent been to a club in the south? or the clubs here arent wild enough for me to understand the "crunk" perspective?

Visionz
10-23-2006, 04:46 AM
it don't really apply I guess if the drinkin age is 18 there. In the states, or atleast in Austin, if they let 18 yr olds thru the door then the place is gonna be lame, and then yes, probably not wild enough to enojoy a "crunk perspective" as you put it. I just view crunk as house music for hip-hop, kinda the same as hyphy, same kinda vibe to the sound, just from a different region. In all cases it seems the lyrics take a backseat to the beat. People can get all self-conscious out on the dance floor. For some this means gettin fucked up till u really just don't care what people think. That's when the fun kicks in.

snapple
10-23-2006, 10:00 AM
^^i'm not a clubber and i still enjoy some crunk muzik, but i have seen how people get down to some crunk shit, it looks like a rock concert they all move around and their bodies just bug out some dudes slam into eachother too. anyone can get down with crunk, its not an art like bboying or anything you dont need any dancing skills you just need some alchohaul in you