PDA

View Full Version : Scarface (The world is yours) videogame

My First Timbs
10-19-2006, 08:41 PM
im not sure if a thread bout this was posted already (i did a search and didnt c one)

anyway, i rented this game off gamefly and i was expecting another shabby movie game........................but 2 my surprise.. this game has to be one of the single greatest games ive played over the past couple of years (since san andreas i guess)

the voice acting is superb, the way u build up ur empire is awesome, the music is off the chain and the map layout is very large

i highly recommend this game

plus it has to have one of the best opening levels of all time

(i have the ps2 version)

My First Timbs
10-19-2006, 09:26 PM
my bad.. i see the other thread

Oztradamus
10-20-2006, 02:43 PM
I bought it for the X-Box, only played it the first night I got it, haven't picked it up since..

Roman Deini
10-20-2006, 03:35 PM
picked it up today. dope dope dope. especially when you buying and selling, launder your money.

wuswordz95
10-21-2006, 02:11 AM
I Suck At Video Games. Cant Wait For The Cheat Codes To Come Out

Lil' Ruger
10-21-2006, 02:13 AM
^^^ haha but this is really that dope?

My First Timbs
10-21-2006, 02:29 AM
^^^ haha but this is really that dope?

please trust and believe me

the game is dope...dont believe all the fficial reviews from gamespot and stuff like that.. i dont know what they were thinkin when they reviewed this game...

this game improved on every aspect of the gta type of games that u could ask for (except there is no air travel.... i think)

but other than that, the story is fly.... it feels like u are really in the movie and the character.... the mevhanics are top notch too (the way u intimidate and fast talk ppl and launder money etc)

the graphics are very very good (better than san andreas)

the sound effects are superb (so are the particle effects from explosions etc)

i cant really find a flaw to the game.. the voice acting is the best ive ever seen in a game.

and they even found away to work in all the little tunes and musical subtleties from the movie into the game!! (like the little tune that plays when tony is enraged in the movie... the drums that play when he visits sosa etc)

Lil' Ruger
10-21-2006, 02:40 AM
^^^ r u fuckin serious no flaw the perfect game the perfect movie. except maybe the godfather was the perfect movie that was a pretty dope game too.

how does scarface game compare to the godfather one?

My First Timbs
10-21-2006, 07:26 PM
^^^ r u fuckin serious no flaw the perfect game the perfect movie. except maybe the godfather was the perfect movie that was a pretty dope game too.

how does scarface game compare to the godfather one?

i never played the godfather games

all im sayin is that scarface is a good game.. have an open mind and play it.. u will c

i think the reason why i like it so much is because i played it from a truly objective standpoint.

i didnt even read any of the reviews until a day or so after i had played it...

Kong
10-25-2006, 01:25 PM
scarface is the best game out for ages, pisses on godfather.

i'm doin 30 kilo deals now.. tip - lower the gang heat all the way b4 doing a deal, you get more shit.

J-Cee
10-25-2006, 02:44 PM
ive got it on PC,ive got SCAR..jsut bought the Babylon Club
The biggest deal ive done is 3kgs..pretty Ill game,if u a fan of Scarface the movie i cant see how u couldnt like this game..Lots of missions lots of shit to do,can get heaps of cars and boats,hire assassin,Sick how it has all the tunes from the Movie,and the voice of scarface in my opinion is almost identical..good shit.GET IT!

J-Cee
10-25-2006, 02:45 PM
i like using the chainsaw and cutting them the fuck up..bloody as hell.ehe

Roman Deini
10-25-2006, 02:57 PM
guy who did the voice was handpicked by pacino himself. still in downtown, just killing the nacho gang, copped the cigarette boat and montana holdings. i can take over marina storage but first ima wipe out the nacho gangs. damn the mercenaries drop serious dough up to 400g's.

oLd_KaiNry
10-25-2006, 03:45 PM
hey i got a question

apparently at the end of the game u play that last scene of the movie when scarface is all coked out and he starts killing everyone...

do you die at the end of the mission ?

dont tell me to play the game, i wont lol just answer pls

Kong
10-25-2006, 09:15 PM
hey i got a question

apparently at the end of the game u play that last scene of the movie when scarface is all coked out and he starts killing everyone...

thats the 1st mission and you live on.

My First Timbs
10-25-2006, 11:17 PM
hey i got a question

lol,, thats how the game opens up!

thats why i was sayin it has one of the best intros to a game of all time.. they throw u right in.

question

i have the ps2 version... is the xbox version any better or different? usually the xbox versions have slight better grafix but these grafix are some of the best ive seen on a game like this (way way way better than san andreas)

should i get the xbox version and return the ps2 version?

J-Cee
10-26-2006, 02:22 AM
man i got it on pc and the graphics arent great,they just average.

Kong
10-26-2006, 08:47 AM
missions get hard.

Lil' Ruger
10-26-2006, 05:21 PM
sounds very good

Jeremy94
10-28-2006, 11:01 AM
There is a famous french rapper named Rohff at the end of the game !
There is one song of him on the game called "La Resurrection" that you can hear during the game.
He got a ill flow !!!
You may already saw the video clip of the song, it's the official single of the game:
http://rapidshare.de/files/36810781/Clip_Rohff-Resurection.wmv.html

Jeremy94
10-28-2006, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM0DIshy-BQ

hot shit!!!!!! you can't fuck with him, nevaaa!!

wuswordz95
10-29-2006, 07:08 PM
nice track

shaolinsword
10-30-2006, 07:03 AM
I'm at such a crappy part in the game gotta save the liquor store in the downtown area. I always get to the third wave of people and then they just kill me. tried rage mode aswell but that just made things worse :(

Kong
10-30-2006, 07:14 AM
I'm at such a crappy part in the game gotta save the liquor store in the downtown area. I always get to the third wave of people and then they just kill me. tried rage mode aswell but that just made things worse :(

get a bigger gun, there is normerly health somwhere to in a mission.

if you get that stuck - cheats - Refill Health - MEDIK

repare vehicle- TBURGLR

shaolinsword
10-30-2006, 07:19 AM
get a bigger gun, there is normerly health somwhere to in a mission.

if you get that stuck - cheats - Refill Health - MEDIK

repare vehicle- TBURGLR

Thanks but I don't use cheats until i complete the game the first time round. I would use bigger guns but I haven't got that option. So far I've only got two pistols and shotgun an AK and a chainsaw

and looking at those cheats I can see where they got MEDIK for health but what has TBURGLR got to do with cars?

Kong
10-30-2006, 07:29 AM
and looking at those cheats I can see where they got MEDIK for health but what has TBURGLR got to do with cars?

who cares man, there the cheats.

go outside get in a car and wait for them to come to you then shoot from the car.

shaolinsword
10-31-2006, 02:36 AM
who cares man, there the cheats.

go outside get in a car and wait for them to come to you then shoot from the car.

I know no-one cares I just felt like typing what was on my mind. I done it now anyway unlocked the large 50k island suppliers aswell :D

Locust
11-04-2006, 08:15 PM
fuck the reviews, this game is ill

36chambers
11-05-2006, 06:33 AM
I had my doubts about this game.

But my friend has it so I went round his yesterday 2 give it a play for about 30mins, and this game is bangin. It seems like theres so much 2 do, building your empire up, buying cars, selling yayo, shits ill. I also played the 1st mission in the game and thats brilliant, the shooting on it is as good as any shoot em up out there. I really like this game and ill be coppin it when I get some extra cash.

Dont listen to what GameSpot said, why the fuck did they give this game a 6.4 or whatever it was. This game is sick.

4-Bar Killer
11-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Are you able to swim and fly? What about all those objects that you can buy? Do you have different mansions around town etc? and what about the casual chat between people on the street? And how big are the world/city compared to fx GTA?

shaolinsword
11-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Are you able to swim and fly? What about all those objects that you can buy? Do you have different mansions around town etc? and what about the casual chat between people on the street? And how big are the world/city compared to fx GTA?

you can swim, I aint been able to use a plane so far. You can buy cars, boats, henchman, Upgrade your mansion (there are three different styles to buy) You can buy shit like bongs, tvs, pink flamingos, liquor cupboards and cigar cases and memoriable items like a spacesuit. And you lower heat from rival gangs and police. The world is pretty big and there's no loading like San andreas apart from you dont have to load to go in buildings

36chambers
11-07-2006, 03:25 PM
If you swim so far out, a shark will come up and eat you. Try it.

shaolinsword
11-07-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm gonna try that now. I gotta try and get back to my store house from the island you meet sandman without getting blown up

4-Bar Killer
11-08-2006, 04:21 AM
you can swim, I aint been able to use a plane so far. You can buy cars, boats, henchman, Upgrade your mansion (there are three different styles to buy) You can buy shit like bongs, tvs, pink flamingos, liquor cupboards and cigar cases and memoriable items like a spacesuit. And you lower heat from rival gangs and police. The world is pretty big and there's no loading like San andreas apart from you dont have to load to go in buildings

that's all I needed to know, thank you. But all this stuff that you'll buy, is it stored in your mansions? I think that I'll cop this game in the next two days or so, it looks and sounds dope..

thanks

shaolinsword
11-08-2006, 06:52 AM
you get one mansion and you got some weird little thing called "pimp my mansion" where all the nic nacs and stuff can be placed where ever you wanna put em. Theme hospital (think it was called that) comes to mind when you're placing stuff. It's definately worth buying

NIGHT MAYOR
11-19-2006, 01:51 AM
couple flaws:

jacking cars when they stop is alot harder than gta, as soon as the car moves a little bit you fall over.

you cant jump walls and alot of area in levels you cant reach, unlike san-an

you cant shoot innocents........ *angry face*

apart from that the game is mad. love it specialy how they continued it from the movie - loved shooting that assasin that shots tony in the back ..... was like "POW BITCH" - realy love the taunting causing rage, games got my attention for a few weeks.

shaolinsword
11-19-2006, 06:30 AM
I'm at a bit like in san andreas towards the end where sweet tells you to take over hoods but you have to buy more "exotics" to get your rep up so I haven't played it in ages

4-Bar Killer
11-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Completed the game today... Still haven't killed all gangs yet though. The last 3 missions is fucking ill, especially the one before the last one... the one which takes place at a very small island..

shaolinsword
11-19-2006, 11:22 AM
can't even manage to get 5k from the island to my storehouse either :(

4-Bar Killer
11-19-2006, 11:46 AM
can't even manage to get 5k from the island to my storehouse either :(

5k? Why not 30?

It's kinda easy: Kill as many gangs as possible, and then pay-off your gang heat. Go to the Islands, get as close as possible to the coke-dealer and remember not to draw your gun. Do the weird golf-thing and get 30k. Then choose the racing boat, as it easily can race from the boats that's trying to kill you. And then distribute the coke.

Kong
11-19-2006, 12:50 PM
u need ya rep up to to do bigger deals to.

i think distribute is just annoying after a while.

shaolinsword
11-19-2006, 01:24 PM
5k? Why not 30?

It's kinda easy: Kill as many gangs as possible, and then pay-off your gang heat. Go to the Islands, get as close as possible to the coke-dealer and remember not to draw your gun. Do the weird golf-thing and get 30k. Then choose the racing boat, as it easily can race from the boats that's trying to kill you. And then distribute the coke.

the boats are no problem It's the helicopter that fucks me up

Kong
11-19-2006, 01:48 PM
i do the repair tonys vechile cheat with the racing boat to get it back, i don't like fucking about with that, and on the distribution that really thin car is tha shit but i think it puts front attaks way away on purpose when u cheat.

cheat - TBURGLR

shaolinsword
11-19-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't use cheats, thanks though

Kong
11-19-2006, 02:44 PM
I wasn't going to but it takes to long to do the coke deals otherwise, after a while its just the same thing, it gets boring.

shaolinsword
12-06-2006, 03:45 PM
where are the sperm banks?

36chambers
12-06-2006, 03:56 PM
theres sperm banks in the game?

shaolinsword
12-06-2006, 04:15 PM
yeah, you know the balls meter for rage mode? You can sell the balls stored in that

I just lost 4mil.......