PDA

View Full Version : The price to pay for a PS3

Icurus
10-20-2006, 10:23 PM
How much are people willing to pay for a PS3?

36chambers
10-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Non of the above, im not made of money.

TAURO
10-20-2006, 10:35 PM
haha the ps3 would have to be draped over Salma Hayek before I even consider paying up at those prices.

Icurus
10-20-2006, 10:39 PM
Its sad but there are only 500,000 units in the world on launch day. the 400,000 units you hear about in the U.S. Well, Sony failed to mention that those numbers also apply to units for Canada. So, the math goes 50 states for 400,000 excluding Canada is 6,000 per state. However, L.A. and NYC are probably getting 6,000 alone. Plus Canada needs its units too. So, how much will there really be available for stores. Oh, remember that all of America, meaning North and South America is Region 1 coding. So, do you really think that South America will not order units in North America, so distributors and vendors can sell it in their stores. Of course they will. It's not illegal, cause they are not importing. Region 1.

So, another words, online sales (ebay) are going to be crazy. So, How much are you willing to spend. If you are rich and money is no object, then how much are you willing to pay. Remember, the second shipment is not happening any time soon. The most before christmas, worldwide, will probably be shy of 1 million. 1 million units in the entire world, ok, Im sure Ill be able to buy one by Christmas. So, whats the price to get the best next-gen out there?

Frontal Lobotomy
10-20-2006, 10:44 PM
the £450 we'll have to spend in Britain doesn't seem so bad, in comparison to how that thing will sell on eBay over the christmas period. Was hoping there'd be a worldwide launch so i could make a quick buck on that myself, ah well.

Bloo
10-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I ain't payin that much for any system. I don't give a damn if Salma Hyaek was draped on top of it. You'd have to get me like 12 of dem hoes and even then...

Good observation Icurus, I didn't even think about it like that. Well in that case unless you've reserved and pre-payed for a PS3 don't expect to grab one until at least spring of '07. As for me I will be grabbing a Wii, which there will be plenty of by Christmas :)

Icurus
10-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I ain't payin that much for any system. I don't give a damn if Salma Hyaek was draped on top of it. You'd have to get me like 12 of dem hoes and even then...

Good observation Icurus, I didn't even think about it like that. Well in that case unless you've reserved and pre-payed for a PS3 don't expect to grab one until at least spring of '07. As for me I will be grabbing a Wii, which there will be plenty of by Christmas :)

To be honest a wii i think will be way better also. Im hearing from game editors all around the web saying that twilight princess is the best zelda game ever made. Some say its even the best game this year.

Origin™
10-21-2006, 02:28 AM
Nvm, just found the article
http://www.ps3land.com/article-855.php

Fayth
10-22-2006, 06:43 AM
Non of the above, im not made of money.

same.....

Rebel_INS
10-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Im not buying one period. I got a 360 :)

36chambers
10-22-2006, 09:57 PM
haha the ps3 would have to be draped over Salma Hayek before I even consider paying up at those prices.

Salma Hayek better come free with it if im going to pay that kinda price.

12weLvE
10-22-2006, 10:04 PM
I wont even buy it for $200

L~>1<~NKS
10-22-2006, 10:13 PM
I'd Stay Away From The Ps3 Until U Know For Sure It's Fly. It Could Have Mad Bugz @ Launch. AND WTF $500 WITH NO GAMES? Also,

Why spend all that cream on sumthin that has a DVD format that may or may not be used

I Jus Got The X360 2 Days Ago - Lovin It.

Im also feelin the Wii - but it seems too kiddish.

TAURO
10-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Salma Hayek better come free with it if im going to pay that kinda price.

lol my point exactly.

zeppelin2k
10-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Its sad but there are only 500,000 units in the world on launch day. the 400,000 units you hear about in the U.S. Well, Sony failed to mention that those numbers also apply to units for Canada. So, the math goes 50 states for 400,000 excluding Canada is 6,000 per state. However, L.A. and NYC are probably getting 6,000 alone. Plus Canada needs its units too. So, how much will there really be available for stores. Oh, remember that all of America, meaning North and South America is Region 1 coding. So, do you really think that South America will not order units in North America, so distributors and vendors can sell it in their stores. Of course they will. It's not illegal, cause they are not importing. Region 1.

So, another words, online sales (ebay) are going to be crazy. So, How much are you willing to spend. If you are rich and money is no object, then how much are you willing to pay. Remember, the second shipment is not happening any time soon. The most before christmas, worldwide, will probably be shy of 1 million. 1 million units in the entire world, ok, Im sure Ill be able to buy one by Christmas. So, whats the price to get the best next-gen out there?

I am going to buy however many I can for however much then sell them at 400% markup to some sucker asses on ebay who are in the US then charge about 50 extra for shipping to cover my gas costs, should be a fun launch. if xbox 360 was going for 1200, this bitch should be up to 2000+

plus I am in canada, where there arent that many people, but still enough systems

have fun in the states though

peace

zeppelin2k
10-22-2006, 10:27 PM
I'd Stay Away From The Ps3 Until U Know For Sure It's Fly. It Could Have Mad Bugz @ Launch. AND WTF $500 WITH NO GAMES? Also,

Why spend all that cream on sumthin that has a DVD format that may or may not be used

I Jus Got The X360 2 Days Ago - Lovin It.

Im also feelin the Wii - but it seems too kiddish.

you can play dvds on the ps3

you cant play blu ray on an x box

blu ray is the future, dvds are gonna be obsolete

the only company competing is the company making hd discs (I think samsung or something like that) and those discs arent as solid as blu ray. blu ray has a system behind it, as long as ps3 is relevant blu rays will never stop being used, and why would the millions of people buying ps3s buy another player for hds when they can have blu ray in their ps3s for no extra cost.

blu ray is gonna own everything else

but hey have fun with ur xbox and 1/5th the memory of blu ray dvds it comes with

lol

whoever thinks sony isnt going to own the next few years of consoling is a fanboy

but the wii looks str8 sickness with zelda alone

Sexy Jasper
10-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Saying Blue Ray will beat HD DVD is a stupid thing to say. Especialy at this moment.

BRONZBODY
10-22-2006, 11:32 PM
haha the ps3 would have to be draped over Salma Hayek before I even consider paying up at those prices.for real man!!!

Icurus
10-23-2006, 01:52 AM
you can play dvds on the ps3

you cant play blu ray on an x box

blu ray is the future, dvds are gonna be obsolete

the only company competing is the company making hd discs (I think samsung or something like that) and those discs arent as solid as blu ray. blu ray has a system behind it, as long as ps3 is relevant blu rays will never stop being used, and why would the millions of people buying ps3s buy another player for hds when they can have blu ray in their ps3s for no extra cost.

blu ray is gonna own everything else

but hey have fun with ur xbox and 1/5th the memory of blu ray dvds it comes with

lol

whoever thinks sony isnt going to own the next few years of consoling is a fanboy

but the wii looks str8 sickness with zelda alone

Fucking dubass xbox cant play blu-ray. it never will

Bloo
10-23-2006, 02:56 AM
No, it never will. But Microsoft is releasing an addon HD-DVD drive sometime this fall...

Wu-Tality
10-23-2006, 04:26 AM
Im going with the poor mans console, the Wii.

shaolinsword
10-23-2006, 07:50 AM

he never said you could play Blu-Ray on xbox?

Icurus
10-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Fuck me, I read that wrong. I'm so sorry. Im the fucking dumbass. Apologize about that.

Icurus
10-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Im glad i pre-ordered my wii. Even though, there might be plenty around. Atleast I have my Zelda and I cant wait.

Ozmosis
10-23-2006, 09:51 PM
HD DVD = Blueray, Ps3 = 2 much $$$, Wii = Fun

zeppelin2k
10-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Saying Blue Ray will beat HD DVD is a stupid thing to say. Especialy at this moment.

hell no aint no stupid thing to say

blu ray cant ever be obsolete in the next 4 years

hd can

its simple economics and forecasting

if you know anything about those 2 you will know that blu ray will be more successful than hd, hd may not be out of business but blu ray will own that shit, anyone with a brain will be able to see that

zeppelin2k
10-24-2006, 05:30 PM

okay just read your apology

lol

but maybe you can enlighten everyone on what a dubass is

zeppelin2k
10-24-2006, 05:36 PM
HD DVD = Blueray, Ps3 = 2 much $$$, Wii = Fun

hd dvd isnt blu ray dude

blu ray and hd dvd both hold about same amount of memory, but they work differently

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/129058.html

when you dont know how to multi-quote and are too lazy to learn, triple posts happen

Ozmosis
10-24-2006, 09:43 PM
hd dvd isnt blu ray dude

blu ray and hd dvd both hold about same amount of memory, but they work differently

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/129058.html

when you dont know how to multi-quote and are too lazy to learn, triple posts happen

man you are so far up sony's ass its crazy :beer: let me pop in this new movie release on my betamax :thumbup:

shaolinsword
10-25-2006, 03:38 AM
well by the sounds of things you have to have a HD ready TV to get the most out of Blu-Ray so wether you choose a HD DVD (First time I heard of this) or a Blu-Ray you aint gonna be losing out on much

Bloo
10-25-2006, 04:01 AM
Exactily. Right now the majority of the population doesn't have a HDTV so right now for the cost it's not really worth it. Hell I'm actually considering waiting to get an HDTV before I even buy an X360 or a PS3. And if that's the case it's gonna be at least another two years.

Icurus
10-25-2006, 04:22 PM
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-29-2006, 10:40 PM
fuck that, thats retarded

just get an 360 until you can get hold of one at a reasonable price

fuck that extortion