PDA

View Full Version : Adam & Eve

J-Cee
10-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Do you consider this a myth or a true story???

7EL7
10-21-2006, 12:13 PM

its just that

a story

snapple
10-21-2006, 03:10 PM
a story man....this is 2006.....i would hope everyone would agree...

the silencer
10-21-2006, 03:46 PM
i consider it kind of a symbolic story...

definitely not a true story as in an accurate historical account.....thats ridiculous...i dont even think the ppl that wrote it had that in mind

Locust
10-25-2006, 10:45 AM
it wasnt meant to be taken literally

Skellington
10-25-2006, 01:28 PM
L...M...F...A...O

Ofcourse this shit ain't true man....come on lol.....

CID DIGITAL
10-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Its code.

Kong
10-25-2006, 03:14 PM
i see it as a story with deep meaning.

J-Cee
10-25-2006, 03:23 PM
lol of course i know its a story..but some ppl take it as if the shits real..
whats the meaning behind it?

Deft One
10-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Some would say the meaning is to degrade women considering in early stages their was a debate to whether or not women had souls or not and they make all mankind regenerate from Adam's rib instead of the womb of Eve. Basicly they are trying to say we could have been in paradise but we fucked it up... The bible is a book of guidelines/lessons very little if nothing should be taken literally especially considering it was written thousands of years ago and we as a people are much more enlightened now. So no I don't believe it was real.

White_Mouse
10-25-2006, 05:14 PM
interseting topic, it's actually very simialr tothe story of "Pandora's Box" or other stories like that... but i think that it could be true in a metaphorical sense that man fell by disobeying God.

Koolish
10-25-2006, 05:41 PM
i'm not gonna state my opinion, but in time i'll learn some facts about who wrote the story up.

education=powerful, opinions=bull shit for the most part.

you can say "it's just a story!" and believe that to be true because you believe you are smart.

more accurately, you could say "it's just a story, because due to evidence found within scriptural writings, the differentiation between this chapter and this chapter leads us to believe this person... and therefore their intent in writing this story was to..." but i'm only quoting that as i have no fucking clue what the actual writer's intent was.

Malcom Guevera
10-26-2006, 05:16 PM
If you understood GENESIS with knowledge of who, what, when, where and how, then you would hold the possess the secrets to MANKIND....

Urban_Journalz
10-28-2006, 02:35 AM
It's easier to question things with no 'scientific proof' because this world is consumed with what they can see and touch. I, personally, refuse to accept the fact that we all evolved from apes or that we just 'appeared' out of nothing, because there's even less evidence to back that theory up.

If someone believes something, let them believe it. Whatever the truth is, we'll find out in the end. There can't be more than one of them (truths), contrary to popular belief.

If people were to believe this, they would ultimately have to change their entire way of life because this ideology would give them a strict set of rules to follow. Most people would rather not be bothered with a maturity past the physical and choose to go with what's popular at the time. In this case, the popularity being that it's safer and, dare I say, cooler, to not believe in anything at all.

To each his or her own. You can 'hope' no one believes in it all you like the same way someone else can 'hope' that you do believe in it. It springs eternal. My advice for both sides of the fence, don't hold your breath in that hope.

7EL7
10-28-2006, 05:03 AM
i'm not gonna state my opinion, but in time i'll learn some facts about who wrote the story up.

education=powerful, opinions=bull shit for the most part.

you can say "it's just a story!" and believe that to be true because you believe you are smart.

more accurately, you could say "it's just a story, because due to evidence found within scriptural writings, the differentiation between this chapter and this chapter leads us to believe this person... and therefore their intent in writing this story was to..." but i'm only quoting that as i have no fucking clue what the actual writer's intent was.

either its a story, or its the words of the creator of the earth and man - the book starts off ..........

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

how would the author know this unless he himself was god

if god wrote it, then why didn't he just say "in the beginning i created the heavens and the earth -

none the less, its a story -
wether or not the things in this story truly happened is something one would have to think about - and in order to really have any valid thoughts or opinions, you would have to read the full story.

Civilison
10-28-2006, 05:14 AM
maybe a little bit of both

meaning it holds metaphorical weight but can also be manifested physically based on its metaphorical significance.

J-Cee
10-28-2006, 07:56 AM
ill only believe with proper evidence,i can belive that dinosaurs existed becasue they have fossils that prove it..i can believe in Pharaohs etc casue they also have solid proof of that..but when it comes to shit like Jesus and that the only proff is text written by numerous humans(not gods)...and everyone knows that human beings are liars,storytellers and very guliible..thats my opinion.

supremecharma
11-01-2006, 02:20 AM
either its a story, or its the words of the creator of the earth and man - the book starts off ..........

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

how would the author know this unless he himself was god

if god wrote it, then why didn't he just say "in the beginning i created the heavens and the earth -

none the less, its a story -
wether or not the things in this story truly happened is something one would have to think about - and in order to really have any valid thoughts or opinions, you would have to read the full story.

man that is a stooooooooooooooopid posst.

Dirk Daring
11-01-2006, 01:37 PM
ADAM=(A) (D)eath (A)ngel (M)anifested or (A) (D)evil (A)llah (M)anufactured

EVE= (E)levated (V)anity (E)go

Snake=ways and actions of the white seeds

supremecharma
11-02-2006, 01:44 AM
which training camp did you learn that at jihad?

WARPATH
11-02-2006, 10:18 AM

It's a made for television movie based on actual events.

MsRzaRecTaH
11-02-2006, 04:02 PM
story.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
11-02-2006, 04:23 PM
*sigh* I wish people would elaborate on their points instead of just stating them. That is the entire point of this forum, no?

Peace to those who do though, and back it up at that.

White_Mouse
11-02-2006, 04:54 PM
God made the earth man screwed it up

Dirk Daring
11-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Who wrote the bible?

Who idid it empower?

How could Adam be the 1st man when it states Let US make man?

In addition "God" did not claim of making this universe and man some one else said that god made man and the planet earth as if he/she was there when it all happen, and here it goes.
What does that say about adam being the 1st man?
What does this means about god only being power ful enough to make the universe by saying "let their be light" but is weak when it comes to making man?

simply put god is what ever you want god to be. If your god is a prick god will be a prick,etc.

Ultimate Fist
11-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Us is what is called a royal plural. Its a pronoun not found in English were a single being of importance is referred to as a plural.

As for the story, it could be literal or not. Who cares? What it illustrates is all of humanity came from once source called God, we are made in its image (have a spiritual/creative side) and beyond ancestery, anyone can go back to the source if they work to be close to God. And no before anyone asks the story of Ham does not disqualify this: the Cannanites didnt seek God so they were fucked up.

Sexy Jasper
11-03-2006, 07:20 AM
ADAM=(A) (D)eath (A)ngel (M)anifested or (A) (D)evil (A)llah (M)anufactured

EVE= (E)levated (V)anity (E)go

Snake=ways and actions of the white seedsThis is just stupid.

supremecharma
11-03-2006, 09:05 AM
word man. hopefully this dude will fizzle out. he dont have many posts.

manhattan360
11-03-2006, 07:54 PM
So all christmas presents come from santa claus because my parents told me the media says it people still believe wut a person wrote a man wrote get over
it man is the only thing that can create is man.