PDA

View Full Version : WOW Vs FFXI

shaolinsword
10-23-2006, 06:51 AM
I've asked this on a group on Myspace but I thought it might be abit biast seeing as it's a final fantasy group. Just wandering which game is better cos hopefully my new PC should be able to support a MMORPG

Bloo
10-23-2006, 07:54 AM
I can't speak too much on WOW cause I've never played it. I'm a FFXI player so I can tell you anything you wanna know about it. The only thing I can think of that a lot of people don't like about FFXI is that you depend on parties too much to level up while WOW can be played solo (up to a point) Like I said that's the only issue I hear. But I'm gonna hav to vote for FFXI cause that's my curret MMORPG of choice.

Dokuro
10-23-2006, 10:17 AM
i only fuck wih square becouse i got stock

oLd_KaiNry
10-23-2006, 11:13 AM
damn there still some ppl playin FFXI ?

do u have to p2p for that game ?

shaolinsword
10-23-2006, 01:16 PM
I can't speak too much on WOW cause I've never played it. I'm a FFXI player so I can tell you anything you wanna know about it. The only thing I can think of that a lot of people don't like about FFXI is that you depend on parties too much to level up while WOW can be played solo (up to a point) Like I said that's the only issue I hear. But I'm gonna hav to vote for FFXI cause that's my curret MMORPG of choice.

So if I do buy it (which I probably will cos it's only 14.99 somehow) can you tell / show me what to do and all that newb bollox?

Bloo
10-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Tell ya what, Shao. If you get it I'll hook ya up. You'll have to sign up and start your character. But afterwards I'll have to send you a World Pass so you can come to my server and I'll show you the ropes :)

Bloo
10-23-2006, 02:51 PM
damn there still some ppl playin FFXI ?

do u have to p2p for that game ?

Yeah, it's like $12 month for the first character. $1 extra for additional characters.

oLd_KaiNry
10-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah, it's like $12 month for the first character. $1 extra for additional characters.

rip off -_-

Bloo
10-23-2006, 03:39 PM
WOW is like $14 a month. I ca't think of too many free MMORPGs outside of maybe Maple Story

Crackspace
10-23-2006, 10:11 PM
FFXI is the shit ,but it died out. i miss it.now every1 plays WoW

Bloo
10-23-2006, 10:27 PM
I still play, admitted not as much as I used to. I just need more peeps to play with, get me interested in the game again. Plus my LinkShell just broke up so that really put a dent in my play time cause I used to be the Second head on that.

Lil' Ruger
10-23-2006, 11:29 PM
WOW is like $14 a month. I ca't think of too many free MMORPGs outside of maybe Maple Story

WOW is 15 but you dont have to pay more until you get 11 chars and you pay one more buck so i'd say cost wise both are pretty fair sounds like WOW's better.

and is this final fantasy?!??!?! never knew there was an MMORPG but i'm going for WOW

Bloo
10-24-2006, 02:18 AM
Sure is sonny!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FFXI

Peep it out. It pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the game.

shaolinsword
10-24-2006, 02:36 AM
cheers bloo, more than likely gonna be the end of next week. And i don't think the time difference is gonna help alot though..... ah well it's a weak reason to not have any sleep but I'll take it

Bloo
10-24-2006, 10:40 PM
If you're anything like me you'll go on binges. I remember like two weeks after getting the game. I came home from work at like 7am Friday morning, and played that game nonstop till like 10pm Saturday night. I've never done that again since but it was still fun.

Lil' Ruger
10-25-2006, 12:43 AM
what do you do in the final fantasy one?

Bloo
10-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Well you run around. Kill baddies, level up, so you can go to exotic locations and ride big chickens.

shaolinsword
10-25-2006, 02:34 AM
If you're anything like me you'll go on binges. I remember like two weeks after getting the game. I came home from work at like 7am Friday morning, and played that game nonstop till like 10pm Saturday night. I've never done that again since but it was still fun.

Yeah I used to do that when I was in college but I don't do it as often now I'm work for a living and can't srounge off parents. But I will be if my laptop can support FFXI or WOW powered by the magical herb

Well you run around. Kill baddies, level up, so you can go to exotic locations and ride big chickens.

lol @ big chickens :D

Lil' Ruger
10-25-2006, 03:34 PM
but WOW is awesome damn i'm out of milk i wanted cereal!!!(random)

oLd_KaiNry
10-25-2006, 03:41 PM

i dont get the point, that game allready cost like 60$ and then u have to pay an extra 14$ a month, thats like 168$ every year, and u usally become addicted to those games so every month u keep payin and payin...

id rather play socom or something but what ever ppl can do what they want with theyre money...

Wu-Requiem IV
10-25-2006, 03:45 PM
world of warcraft.

Bloo
10-25-2006, 11:23 PM
i dont get the point, that game allready cost like 60$ and then u have to pay an extra 14$ a month, thats like 168$ every year, and u usally become addicted to those games so every month u keep payin and payin...

id rather play socom or something but what ever ppl can do what they want with theyre money...

Believe me, I used to think the same thing. That's why it took me a looooooong time to jump on the MMORPG wagon. And to an extent sometimes I still feel like it's not worth it but companies do it for a number of reasons.

1. Profit. It cost Squeenix about 22 million dollars to develop that game. And with the ammount of players that would be using the system at once they would have to set up servers for all that data to flow through which I'm sure costs a pretty penny each month. So in order for them to keep the game flowing smoothly they'd have to set up a pay system. Either that or litter the game with advertisements and pop-ups like we see so often on websites and that would take away from the whole adventure feel for me.

2. It's a service. Yeah, even though you do have to pay for the game, once you do, everything you do in the game is online. All your character data, items, and other shit is stored on the main servers. Which is a lifesaver, cause if I had to count all the times I had to re install the game on my PC and PS2 I'd never have made it to the level I am now. Plus you get your own e-mail address and whatnot so for $12 a month it ain't too bad.

maestro wooz
10-26-2006, 01:40 AM
i havent been playing wow at all the last couple weeks but over the summer me and my friend made accounts and would just get made baked and play that shit forever. Im 42 hes 41 in about 2-3 months, which is pretty good. Its a real fun game and its pretty solid. Im an old school eq guy so i know a good mmorpg and wow is a good one.

Wu-Tality
10-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Personally I would go for WoW, because Blizzard has a good image of games that stay alive and get new stuff and good balancing. I never played either the MMO FF or WoW though. I did play Guild Wars if that counts.

shaolinsword
10-30-2006, 06:59 AM
keep on wandering wether to buy guild wars aswell but everyone says it sucks. Will my computer play both WOW and FFXI with 256ram?

Bloo
10-30-2006, 03:49 PM
ooooohhh... that's pushing it... you might wanna look into getting at least a gig...

shaolinsword
10-31-2006, 02:34 AM
ooooohhh... that's pushing it... you might wanna look into getting at least a gig...

that's what I'm thinking. Gonna get 1024 with any luck on the weekend

Bloo
10-31-2006, 02:53 AM
That'll work :) should be more than enough after that.

I'll post some pics of my character on FFXI once I get back to the crib.

shaolinsword
10-31-2006, 06:41 AM
That'll work :) should be more than enough after that.

I'll post some pics of my character on FFXI once I get back to the crib.

yeah, was thinkin 512 but then that's only recommended so i'd rather get some more. Now i've just gotta get around the graphics problem. The photos looked alright when I installed it anyway so hopefully there won't be a problem

shaolinsword
11-02-2006, 01:42 PM
ehh I can't get the fuckin thing to work I go through all the play online shit with that crappy jazz tune then it says the network is busy and screws me up

WARPATH
11-02-2006, 04:34 PM
I picked FF because that what I use to play....

Yo bloo hook, you siad your linkshell broke up, what server were you on?

I use to be on their, my name was Ghostface, we had the Wu-Tang Clan Linkshell.

I got sat down by the Game Mods for "shouting obcenitys in a zone"

They took me to this magical room, where it was just four walls. They let me run around in it for a minute to realize I wasn't going anywhere unless they siad so.......fucking assholes.

Yes, them were the days. I'd get back on that game but I'd never accomplish nothing with my life if I did. Plus, I think they erase the characters...

I gave up after my charcter hit level........40 drg/20war/30mnk/10whm/10blm.....somthing like that can't remmember now.

I was a fucking hustler, I always had paper in that game. I figured out all kinds of scams to get money, and never had to up my skills one bit.....

Damn, all this talk got's me thinking about restarting my account.

Dokuro
11-02-2006, 04:47 PM
shit i never got busted at all for that hahah
i was Dane in the game

Bloo
11-03-2006, 12:10 AM
I picked FF because that what I use to play....

Yo bloo hook, you siad your linkshell broke up, what server were you on?
I'm still on Cerberus. I was thinking about switching to a different server that was cheaper cause I've heard from a few that the prices of shit on that server are more expensive.

I use to be on their, my name was Ghostface, we had the Wu-Tang Clan Linkshell.
That would've been ill. I definately would've been a sack holder for that shit :)

I got sat down by the Game Mods for "shouting obcenitys in a zone"

They took me to this magical room, where it was just four walls. They let me run around in it for a minute to realize I wasn't going anywhere unless they siad so.......fucking assholes.
Word? They do that shit? I've never had that happen to me :lmao: I'm thinking about testing that shit out now :)

Yes, them were the days. I'd get back on that game but I'd never accomplish nothing with my life if I did. Plus, I think they erase the characters...

I gave up after my charcter hit level........40 drg/20war/30mnk/10whm/10blm.....somthing like that can't remmember now.
Yeah, Right now I'm 31 Thief/16 Ninja/15 Warrior/12 Beastmaster. I still try to find motivation to keep on but I don't have any people to play with now so I get on maybe once a week now. And yeah, they do, if you cancel your acount then they delete your character if you don't re activate in 3 months.

I was a fucking hustler, I always had paper in that game. I figured out all kinds of scams to get money, and never had to up my skills one bit.....
You man, hip me to that shit cause I'm a Thief and I stay broke :) I've been trying to find a hustle in that game for years. If you still remember them let me know what's good.

Damn, all this talk got's me thinking about restarting my account.
If you do holla at me, I can shoot you a world pass and get you on my server with me. Don't worry about a new character, my GF is a Level 60 White Mage and can power level you back to where you were.