PDA

View Full Version : Why is World Peace so Hard to Obtain ?

7EL7
10-24-2006, 01:19 AM
what is it that makes man destructive to self and community

Ozmosis
10-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Pride

7EL7
10-24-2006, 01:52 AM
why can't one have pride without harming another person

Visionz
10-24-2006, 03:10 AM
pick any one (or a couple) of your seven deadly sins then throw 'em in a blender and then hand them out to every one, absolutley everyone. This is the world we know today. The sins of man either drive people to perpetuate the worlds bullshit or it keeps them from doing anything about it.

J-Cee
10-24-2006, 06:07 AM
cause some humans are fuking stupid...

if we knew the answers to answers like does god exist,answers on religion etc,then i think peace could come(or mayhem)

shaolinsword
10-24-2006, 07:17 AM
Because George bush and Tony Blair are alive.....

iniquity
10-24-2006, 08:42 AM
.. World peace is not profitable ..

Dokuro
10-24-2006, 10:31 AM
becouse man kind is natuly greedy that wat coases war

hidden ninja
10-24-2006, 10:37 AM
no ones really trying to get it.
everyone wants power.

front.Porch
10-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Religion.

Frontal Lobotomy
10-24-2006, 10:48 AM

In a nutshell

V4D3R
10-25-2006, 04:08 AM
Because the whole world doens't want to try to be Christ like or believe we all got the potential.

That non-belief is hell.

Sicka than aidZ
10-25-2006, 04:24 AM
ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE EXTREMELY LAZY AND BLIND TO REALITY

Q-birth
10-25-2006, 06:07 AM

Picture your own relationships with other humans. Do they always go right?

Then multiply this by 5 billion, what do you thnik will happen?

Sexy Jasper
10-25-2006, 07:24 AM
It's because world peace doesn't mean the same thing to everyone.

Sicka than aidZ
10-25-2006, 07:27 AM
power, greed and people like to fight, what'z your hot little ass doin erika? Aint seen u in a minute.

Sexy Jasper
10-25-2006, 07:45 AM
I just spilled coke on my desk. This sucks. I find the cleanliness of my desk more important than world peace

Sicka than aidZ
10-25-2006, 07:54 AM
i think if we all smoked bud we'd cut the hate by like 90% cuz we'd forget all our problemz. :b :b

Visionz
10-25-2006, 07:58 AM
I've always held that same theory to be true. Afterall, if everyone was high, that by it's very definition is mental elevation. We'd take our thought processes to a whole new level.

Sicka than aidZ
10-25-2006, 08:02 AM
thatz why the shit is so popular it takez all our problemz away. Only idiotz think shit like pain killaz and sticky green budz are bad for people

Visionz
10-25-2006, 08:05 AM
on the flip side it doesn't really make any problems go away, it just helps you to forget about ;em for a little while. The aspect I like about it is that it can change the way people percieve things, and lets face it, alot of people out there runnin shit could use a new perspective on life.

Sicka than aidZ
10-25-2006, 08:26 AM
i aint really got a whole lot to worry bout, no kidz, i dont really gotta work just fuckin do my thang and wait for the world to end so i luv gettin fucked up all the time, doesnt seem like i ever get a second older thats why bein sober suckz. Yeah there'z a big ass benefit to not gettin high all the time and it grows with age but i dont think ima grow old enuf to find out what that is in this life, we almost certainly doomed to be payin the price to the planet soon

Visionz
10-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Theif in the night-type thing. You may be right but you may be wrong to. People been predicting the end of the world for like 10,000 years ya'know. I think in general maybe thats our problem. Collectively we're so convinced that the end is right around the corner that we never make any plans for the extreme long term goal of the big picture.

I'm not saying that directed out you personally, just to say that if people had of culture of doing today what would be best for their grandkids then we never would've inherited this fucked situation in the first place.

Maybe the problem lies in deciding what's best. The definition of what that means changes every time somebody new gets into office. Certain things are just so both basic and fundamental that we should be able, as a society, to take the proper steps to ensure that they're for everybody.

Things like a decent-paying job they like, education that both educates and teaches people how to think for themselves. Those two things right there would fix so much other things if you could find a way to ensure them to everybody.

7EL7
10-25-2006, 01:24 PM
pick any one (or a couple) of your seven deadly sins then throw 'em in a blender and then hand them out to every one, absolutley everyone. This is the world we know today. The sins of man either drive people to perpetuate the worlds bullshit or it keeps them from doing anything about it.

The generally accepted deadly sins are superbia (hubris (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubris)/pride (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride)), avaritia (avarice/greed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greed)), luxuria (extravagance, later lust (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lust)), invidia (envy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Envy)), gula (gluttony (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluttony)), ira (wrath (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrath)), and acedia (sloth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laziness)).

this is a result of the worlds/societies design

if it gets redesigned by choice or force,to its natural form, by those who seek to make it so, how long would it take to see these again.

That non-belief is hell.

what do you mean by this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iniquity http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=627716#post627716)

your right
who really profits from War though
we can say we all do - until bombs are dropped where you stay

Deft One
10-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Racism is the reason there will never be world peace. Until everyone starts realizing that we aren't black, white, yellow, magenta, or whatever the fuck and start seeing we are all people world peace will never happen. The other problem is you can never fight power/corruption because now adays the enemy isn't obvious and the more we complicate life with attaining wealth and law the more easier it is for people to exploit others. it also doesn't help that throughout human existence we have killed each other over imaginary lines....

LHX
10-25-2006, 04:40 PM
communication failure and failure to communicate

hectis
10-25-2006, 04:51 PM
cuz everyone has a different view and no one wants to be wrong

LHX
10-25-2006, 04:53 PM
im not so sure anybody even takes the time to consider other views

Sicka than aidZ
10-25-2006, 07:27 PM
im not so sure anybody even takes the time to consider other views
naw there all hooked on televisionz an shit. kill your tv wit iniquity

LHX
10-25-2006, 09:15 PM
how do you get people to give up TV?

heads go thru withdrawal from that shit

LHX
10-25-2006, 09:28 PM
do you and sicka really not get along? or are you just fucking around?

7EL7
10-26-2006, 04:51 PM
there are some real good answers in here

i would add that its mainly because the weak is on top

i would compare this world to being like doctors going into hospitals to get surgery done by the kindergarden cult

the silencer
10-28-2006, 01:19 AM
i think its because the ppl that are in positions of authority around the world, the people that might actually have the power to maybe TAKE THE FIRST STEP towards world peace, don't truly have peace on their agenda...like the leaders in nations around the world (US especially) are concentrated on making things better for themselves and those they do business with....and then after that comes actually helping their own ppl......and then waaaaay down the list of stuff they give a shit about is world peace....

so many ppl say it alot and bring it up alot and shit....but no one is really taking any steps towards actually doing it....

ya know...i feel this is a good place to say this cuz ive had it on my mind for a while:

i live in NY, i go to school in the city, i had countless connections to the WTC (my mom worked there for 21 years so i used to be in her office all the time as a little kid n shit)....so basically when the shit happened on Sept 11th i was like truly deeply hurt by that shit....seein the towers in flames and then goin down and shit....just killed somethin in me...

and my first thoughts after that day and after all that shit happened were that it kinda reminded of Godfather part 1 when Sonny had just gotten killed....gunned down after bein set up and shit....that scene is a real downer.....

and then the godfather himself, Vito Corleone wanted no acts of vengeance....so it was like the shit with his son was just like SO bad, it was such a harsh act of violence that it just kind of put everything in perspective..like what are we doin this for? its only gonna lead to more shit and more killings.....this has gotta stop...

i knew there was no chance the US government wood think like that (hell, they were waitin for somethin like this so they could gain some national morale and go head with taking over Iraq)....

but i was feelin like, ya know what this shit is just really ugly and really bad....we took a massive blow to the gut....why don't we try and stop this shit now.....it could only get worse through retaliation....lets try to work this shit out man, ppl ANYWHERE in the world shouldn't have to go through shit like this.....like what is the fuckin reason, honestly? as humans, we're supposed to smarter than that kinda shit.....we're behavin like fuckin animals....

i dono man....i just had to let that out...

but i really think it all starts with each one of us....and how u deal with those around u in ur day-to-day life.....i always find myself in conflict with ppl and i feel like "well i guess im a fuckin hypocrite for criticizing all these ppl startin wars".....we gotta first try to peaceful with one another.....then it'll only spread....

PEACE

the silencer
10-28-2006, 09:30 PM
just as a follow up to my previous post...

what happened in Japan after the atomic bombing is kind of close to what i was talking about...

if u havent seen or read about the devastation in Hiroshima and Nagasaki (?) then u shood go try and find some info on it....it pretty much wiped out two entire cities of ppl....everything, buildings and all...

over 200,000 ppl (almost all civilians) died from that shit...and ever since then Japan has adopted a policy of peace....they only keep an army for self-defense...

J-Cee
10-29-2006, 01:42 AM
they should pump marijuana smoke into the air worldwide non stop so everyone would be high all the time and no one would be fuckt to cause violence.

zeppelin2k
10-29-2006, 10:38 AM

thats it
rich wanna be richer

and other rich people dont want to give their riches
so the rich people fight eachother for all the wealth

and then when all the rich are together, then the way to get richer is to enslave the people to do what you want

its way more complex than that, but in many cases thats why

da kid toney
10-29-2006, 10:49 AM
people eatin wrong. eating animals means that one acts like animals.

LHX
10-29-2006, 11:41 AM
eating dead animals is even worse

Pretty Toney
10-29-2006, 02:57 PM
huh?^you eatin living animals?

THE W
10-29-2006, 04:14 PM
we live in a "im gonna get mine, you better get yours" world.

just do the best you can.

7EL7
10-29-2006, 05:43 PM
thats all "we" can do as individuals

VillainousV
10-29-2006, 05:48 PM
As long as money is involved, greed will exist. As long as greed exists, there will be no world peace. Simple as that.

LHX
10-29-2006, 06:25 PM
at any given moment and on any given day, anybody can start living by different standards

the only difficulty is finding a approach that has longevity, and finding a way to make the switch without getting killed in the process

LORD NOSE
07-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Picture your own relationships with other humans. Do they always go right?

Then multiply this by 5 billion, what do you thnik will happen?

It's because world peace doesn't mean the same thing to everyone.

communication failure and failure to communicate

how do you get people to give up TV?

heads go thru withdrawal from that shit

people eatin wrong. eating animals means that one acts like animals.

we live in a "im gonna get mine, you better get yours" world.

just do the best you can.

thats just from the first page

zooruka
07-17-2009, 12:15 AM
because of the devil

peace be with you !

Rollo
07-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Because the only kind of world peace that can exist is a coerced peace and people don't want to be told what to do.

Abandon All Hope
07-17-2009, 12:52 AM
Because human selfishness is so hard to overcome.

Mr. Muhammad
07-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Because human selfishness is so hard to overcome.

I agree...especially when said selfishness is codified into belief systems and unwritten social contracts...and eventually laws which direct culture.

"There will never be peace on earth until the peace-breaker is removed from the earth."
-Hon. Elijah Muhammad

RM

zooruka
07-17-2009, 08:09 PM
in mr muhummad`s avatar he look like dre hahahah

peace be with you !

LORD NOSE
07-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Why is World Peace so Hard to Obtain ?

cause people like to have other peoples heads on their wall as decoration

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5130/headsa.png

Dokuro
07-18-2009, 01:38 AM
its human nature dude as simple as that

Abandon All Hope
07-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Why is World Peace so Hard to Obtain ?

cause people like to have other peoples heads on their wall as decoration

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5130/headsa.png
Obviously photoshopped.

LORD NOSE
07-18-2009, 03:14 AM
Obviously photoshopped.

:nonono:

Mokomokai are the preserved heads of Māori, the indigenous people of New Zealand, where the faces have been decorated by tā moko tattooing. They became valuable trade items during the Musket Wars of the early 19th century.

The Robley collection

Main article: Horatio Gordon Robley
Major-General Horatio Gordon Robley was a British army officer and artist who served in New Zealand during the New Zealand land wars in the 1860s. He was interested in ethnology and fascinated by the art of tattooing as well as being a talented illustrator. He wrote the classic text on the subject of moko, “Moko; or Maori Tattooing”, which was published in 1896. After he returned to England he built up a notable collection of 35-40 mokomokai which he later offered to sell to the New Zealand Government. When the offer was declined, most of the collection was sold to the American Museum of Natural History.[8]

Compulsion
07-18-2009, 05:31 AM
Because people are more concerned about being in power than getting along. This goes for ALL groups. Those not in power are fighting to replace the power structure with their own, but just a different group in charge and punish those who wronged them in the past. The result is an endless cycle of fighting and hatred. Tearing down one lie to replace it with another.

Cee Oh Vee
07-18-2009, 06:38 AM
What boggles my mind is why there is such a thread, and more importantly why people even think about this idealistic concept of 'world peace'.

There is no such thing. It will never happen.

It isn't difficult to understand. History holds the signs to the future.

When has there been world peace?

The fact of the matter is; 'world peace' would only be possible if there was equality amongst the people and everybody thought alike.

This is impossible. Equality doesn't exist. It never has, and it never will.

I don't even have to explain why 'everybody thinking alike' is impossible.

What I am saying may sound harsh or pessimistic to some, as they think much about this. But what needs to be established is that world peace will never happen - and fortunately, there are more important things for one to be concerned with.

Peace.

Compulsion
07-18-2009, 07:00 AM
What boggles my mind is why there is such a thread, and more importantly why people even think about this idealistic concept of 'world peace'.

There is no such thing. It will never happen.

It isn't difficult to understand. History holds the signs to the future.

When has there been world peace?

The fact of the matter is; 'world peace' would only be possible if there was equality amongst the people and everybody thought alike.

This is impossible. Equality doesn't exist. It never has, and it never will.

I don't even have to explain why 'everybody thinking alike' is impossible.

What I am saying may sound harsh or pessimistic to some, as they think much about this. But what needs to be established is that world peace will never happen - and fortunately, there are more important things for one to be concerned with.

Peace.

I agree with your points. My only thought is what *should* we strive for if not world peace? Granted it is something that is in all likelyhood never to be achieved, but it seems more positive than focusing on fighting and killing over different beliefs.

Cee Oh Vee
07-18-2009, 07:21 AM
There are countless things to strive for.

One of the more important things in this time is to strive to bring down the current usurious banking system and establish a lawful means of economic trade.

Yes, it definitely is more positive than focusing on fighting and killing over different beliefs. I am in no way promoting that!

Peace.

Compulsion
07-18-2009, 07:47 AM
There are countless things to strive for.

One of the more important things in this time is to strive to bring down the current usurious banking system and establish a lawful means of economic trade.

Yes, it definitely is more positive than focusing on fighting and killing over different beliefs. I am in no way promoting that!

Peace.

I was thinking more ultimate goal in which to strive for. That is true there are many things to strive for, but to me the point is having a goal that is encompasing more than just one specific issue. I think that is why people speak of world peace. Although you can strive for one thing, achieve it and move on. Any sort of progress is positive.

I didn't think you were promoting that at all. It just seems like that is what it degenerates into no matter the intentions of a movement.

Peace

LORD NOSE
07-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Those not in power are fighting to replace the power structure with their own, .....

those that know what its like to be in authority over others have a better understanding of over all authority and the choices they make - running a household is a big job - running the world gotta be a million times harder -

children often want to get older quick so that they can come from under their parents rule - they want to do what they want to do - until they get out there and them light bills and rent hit them - then they run back home to mommy and daddy for wisdom on how to deal with their new found freedom

why can't you fathom world Peace ?

a world where people are peaceful with each other

it's not impossible

we were born in this mess and too many of us cannot fathom such thing -

the scriptures are for those who can see them

1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people,
and God himself will be with them and be their God.

4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

5He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

Cee Oh Vee
07-18-2009, 02:09 PM
I think you misunderstood my post.

I can fathom world peace. But I am also able to understand that it is nothing but an idealistic.

It is impossible.

LORD NOSE
07-18-2009, 02:19 PM
I can fathom world peace.

It is impossible.

Cee Oh Vee
07-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I can fathom laser beams from my eyes, an ability for me to walk through walls, and my immortality.

It is (by any rational means) impossible.

LORD NOSE
07-18-2009, 03:28 PM
none of the things you mentioned are impossible -

do you believe in Allah and your connection to him ?

Cee Oh Vee
07-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Notice I said by any rational means.

I know Allah can make it happen.

I know Allah can make world peace.

I know Allah does not make world peace.

I know Allah has reasons for this.

I know Allah has His Decree written.

LORD NOSE
07-18-2009, 03:53 PM
in time

Cee Oh Vee
07-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Allah lets the Believers know what will happen in the Last Days.

I doubt 'world peace' will come before that'.

Allah knows best and He is the All-Knowing.

LORD NOSE
07-18-2009, 04:12 PM
no one said it'll happen tomorrow july 19 2009

Cee Oh Vee
07-18-2009, 04:13 PM
I know. lol.

LORD NOSE
07-18-2009, 04:28 PM

this thread is about pointing out the conflicts and their roots

you cannot learn from people you do not respect

has your beliefs cause you to not respect those who don't believe what you believe ?

how do you treat them when they speak ?

do you write off everything they say ?

some do deserve this treatment - but its best to just not even deal with those you feel this way about

Cee Oh Vee
07-18-2009, 04:35 PM
It is interesting you have brought this up because I have been thinking about it recently.

The truth is, I really don't know.

LORD NOSE
07-18-2009, 04:45 PM
its easy for the wide awake man to see

the wide awake man does not put his belief in the front

Allahs words are not limited to what you have read and what you understand them to be nor what others who have gained your respect told you they were - nor are they limited to what you believe they mean -

we can tell who is on a search -
we can see the ranks and who is holding what position -

Shogah
07-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Wars and confrontations around the world are necessity.

If there weren't such things we would have increased population on our planet and wouldn't be able to live normally.

It looks like it is a part of some natural balance.

LORD NOSE
07-18-2009, 06:57 PM
nah - there is plenty of room on this planet for us and much more of us

we are concentrated into crowded cities and places controlled by a few

Face of the Golden Falcon
07-18-2009, 06:58 PM
^
do you think wars are the only way to stop a dangerous increase in population? It doesn't seem to be working anyway, the world population continues to increase at faster rates.

SHEM HETEP

DrBold241
08-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Pride

Religion.

^^^ all these.
corruption in powerful positions.
jealousy.
in general- lack of tolerance seems to be the case quite often. (tho i guess that falls under pride)

World Peace isn't profitable...... but Religion is.
http://www.holylandexperience.com/

not only is it profitable but in most cases preaches intolerance, or at least is interpreted as such.
http://www.godhatesfags.com/
http://creationmuseum.org/ (intolerance towards the scientific community)

truthfully, any literal interpretation of scriptures is just plain fucking stupid.

DrBold241
08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
^
do you think wars are the only way to stop a dangerous increase in population? It doesn't seem to be working anyway, the world population continues to increase at faster rates.

SHEM HETEP

No.....
but it does seem like pro-lifers are a contribution to the world's continuous population increase.
some people just shouldn't have kids. at least not as early as they do.
i'm sorry but i am against teen mothers. letting a kid have and keep a kid is illogical if you ask me. not to say let's abort every fetus we can, but there is such a thing as adoption. though that wouldn't solve the population problem, it could potentially give children a better lifestyle.

Crookshank
08-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Human nature. End of story.

LORD NOSE
08-18-2009, 01:03 AM
its in the humans nature to be peaceful

Crookshank
08-18-2009, 01:12 AM
its in the humans nature to be peaceful

Why would you say that?

Shadowthrone
08-18-2009, 01:48 AM
why not? create happinesss or misery

Uncle Steezo
08-18-2009, 06:03 AM
here's a thought, just to stir the pot.
peace can mean "balance"
peace can mean "at rest"

the "balance" definition of peace does not point to the absence of conflict.

the "at rest" definition does not describe the human condition, which is a dynamic one. nothing in this reality is at rest. everything is moving and changing.

a peaceful world may not be without conflict and may not even be possible.

semantics

my thoughts:
most, if not all war is unjust. war aims to solve conflict by one force breaking another forces will to continue the conflict. the conflict is not resolved. no justice.

to eliminate war, we have to address the war loving element in the world and within ourselves.

Crookshank
08-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Either way, it is in human nature to destroy. I really don't have any clue what Sunny is talking about. That being said, the popular view of "world peace" can never be obtained.

Uncle Steezo
08-18-2009, 04:41 PM
destructive behavior is not human.
destructive behavior occurs when you lose touch with your humanity.

Crookshank
08-18-2009, 08:02 PM

Well that depends on how you look at it. After establishing society and such, violent behavior is abnormal. Then you think about our basic instincts, and then compare them to behaviors of an established society & they are also viewed as abnormal

My Brother's Keeper
08-19-2009, 07:07 PM
peace will never come without everyone feeling their own personal definition of "freedom"... everyone says they want freedom but what they really want is everyone else to follow the same thought process and moral code that they believe in... the sad part is we are all manipulated by the super rich because wars are profitable and finding a common ground and respect for your fellow man (not a one world government) takes away from that profit... all we can do is strive to be better people and build from the ground up starting with ourselves, than family, than community... so on... God bless

Sweet Baby Jesus
08-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Money.

DrBold241
08-26-2009, 09:40 AM

co-sign.
--------------

touched on the subject plenty, but i don't think it's ever too much- RELIGION DIVIDES PEOPLE. that and most mainstream religions have some form of "end times" and if one believes in an apocalypse you're only enabling it to happen ("Mafia wife syndrome").
i think Bill Maher put it greatly at the end of his film, "In order for humanity to live on, religion must die."

spirituality is all fine and dandy but when you have a decent percentage of people in a modern industialized nation believing that ALL OF HUMANITY came from 2 people..... you have a problem. when your country's population chooses mere beliefs over science/reason, you've got a problem. when those same people are also the ones running your contry and have power of WMDs, you've got a problem.

living in a world that has allowed this to happen, WE have a problem.
by we, i mean mankind but the question lies: are you a part of the problem or the solution?
speak out, be heard.

LORD NOSE
08-26-2009, 10:26 AM
it can be obtained

with fire

SG
09-20-2009, 04:23 PM

i think its because the ppl that are in positions of authority around the world, the people that might actually have the power to maybe TAKE THE FIRST STEP towards world peace, don't truly have peace on their agenda...like the leaders in nations around the world (US especially) are concentrated on making things better for themselves and those they do business with....and then after that comes actually helping their own ppl......and then waaaaay down the list of stuff they give a shit about is world peace....

PEACE

here's a thought, just to stir the pot.
peace can mean "balance"
peace can mean "at rest"

the "balance" definition of peace does not point to the absence of conflict.

the "at rest" definition does not describe the human condition, which is a dynamic one. nothing in this reality is at rest. everything is moving and changing.

a peaceful world may not be without conflict and may not even be possible.

semantics

my thoughts:
most, if not all war is unjust. war aims to solve conflict by one force breaking another forces will to continue the conflict. the conflict is not resolved. no justice.

to eliminate war, we have to address the war loving element in the world and within ourselves.

Like what has been said

Policies and Treaties that don't include yours, keep you external

organizations that have strategic plans, their big picture and your little picture

SID
09-20-2009, 04:53 PM
World peace is a impossibility, unless a drastic change in human nature occurs.

We like to think of ourselves as elavated intelligent beings, which we are to an extent, but we also haveprimitive and carnal thought processess wired into us.

Buddhist monks try to remove this primitive capacity, some achieve it some don't, and thats just a small part of the human race.

We have been killing each other since we found out that we could bludgeon a man to death with a rock, violence is part of our nature and a important part of our survival and evolution.

ALCATRAZ
09-20-2009, 05:00 PM
dzavCL2c3zE

LORD NOSE
03-18-2012, 10:02 PM
up

D.projectile
03-19-2012, 05:43 AM
few really want it..they may think its right n hip
to just talk bout it

sum pretend coz wallets aren't packin weight

dudes arent at peace wid themselves

if u crave devilishment u shouldnt lie to urself and say u dont..denial n dishonesty is
a significant barrier...u ought to see yourself in everyone u know. that would help.

Also we've have devloped an anti-nature complex within the mentals..if its destroyed..we're game

LORD NOSE
03-19-2012, 02:56 PM
few really want it..they may think its right n hip
to just talk bout it

sum pretend coz wallets aren't packin weight

dudes arent at peace wid themselves

if u crave devilishment u shouldnt lie to urself and say u dont..denial n dishonesty is
a significant barrier...u ought to see yourself in everyone u know. that would help.

Also we've have devloped an anti-nature complex within the mentals..if its destroyed..we're game

high wisdom spoken

Shogah
03-22-2012, 05:07 AM

US and west europe hegemony over the world, greed of their bankars who control their governments.

Shogah
03-22-2012, 05:11 AM

true

Fresh
03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
because our main goal is to survive, as a person first, and as a species second.

there needs to be trust.

the trust isnt there. and rightly so. it needs to be earned.

and it will. in time.

EAGLE EYE
03-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Anyone ever watch the Elegy episode of Twilight Zone?

CYVpJw1qErM

JASPER BEARDLY
03-23-2012, 11:17 AM
damn i'm gonna have to go thru this thread, this is somethin i was pondering with my friend last night

i think it boils down to the innate selfishness of most human beings. people think its real respectable to hard, and a scumbag now a days. the nice guys finish last mentality is quite pervasive and has brainwashed people.

ppl out for themselves by any means necessary, and its fucked

RUSHING PLATYPUS
03-23-2012, 05:52 PM
"Why is World Peace so Hard to Obtain ?"

Lots of reasons.

Number 1 reason = Religion.

KERZO
03-23-2012, 06:11 PM
World peace is ultimately unobtainable simply because of the fact that every human has their own mind and thoughts which can't be controlled, only moulded.

03-23-2012, 11:24 PM
World peace is ultimately unobtainable simply because of the fact that every human has their own mind and thoughts which can't be controlled, only moulded.

The mind and thoughts can be controlled by the individual though, can they not?

Lots of reasons.

Unsubstantiated BS.

KERZO
03-24-2012, 03:59 AM
The mind and thoughts can be controlled by the individual though, can they not?

Of course, it can also be shaped by bacteria, the environment, diet, and many other things. Individuality is the reason why we don't have world peace as it takes a collective conscience to create neutrality and proper pacification.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
03-24-2012, 11:00 AM

Lots of reasons.

Unsubstantiated BS.

Interesting. I would have thought all of the wars that have been fought and terrorist acts committed in the name of religion would have substantiated it quite well.

03-24-2012, 05:22 PM
It may be the number 1 example of man's inability to attain world peace but it isn't the number 1 reason. "Religion" and the BS that goes on in religion and by some religious people is a symptom of the reason it isn't the reason itself. Other wise it would stand to reason that all religious people would partake in wars, terrorism and other counter-world peace activities.

KERZO
03-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Reasons are reasons

Nature is Nature

Science is Science

http://www.photoshoppix.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10008/normal_cool_einstein.jpg

Soul Controller
04-05-2012, 07:05 AM
simples

those who control the world (through finance/banking/governmental/media et cetra)
know that if they can keep the citizens of the planet in fear, hating one another, through lies and propaganda, creating more division and polarity,

hence why you wonthave world peace, until the system is totally rebuilt,

if their was peace, the world would prosper and thrive,

its all about keeping the power in the hands of a few, while keeping the rest of the world orgasming to fear pr0n.

Nomad-1
04-18-2012, 09:29 PM
qbI7gxxbYpo

The only kind of peace that would exist world wide, is one that is coerced.
That kind of peace isn't worth having. Long live nationalism, long live suffering, long live death. The very act of enforcing peace, on those who do not want your involvement, is an act of violence.

hectis
04-18-2012, 10:19 PM
people are not willing to lose power, and wealth which they fear they lose lots of if the world was at peace

Shogah
04-19-2012, 07:52 PM
I find that statement that religion is the main reason for all the bad things in the world overblown and false. It's quite opposite. The absence of God(which is percieved through some form of organized religion one way or another) is what creates all the mess in the world.

It is funny how people will point to religion as the main factor to all the chaos in the world. The church /mosque or whatever, that they probably never set foot in and their scriptures that they never even looked and their (by default) stupid believers are guilty, yet they seem to be blind to all the stupid tv programs they consume every single day and all the stupid propaganda movies they watch and stupid music they listen to and whole mass media feeding them with wrong values. I am talking how many many people think of course, not all.

And many of you try to hard going in depth to human nature and concluding that answer to all the mess is that humans are in nature self destructive or whatever. That's what they want you to think!

That's just me.