PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi lives don't matter. Seems like amongst the U.S.

CherChezLaMarauder
10-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Things like this piss me off about the people and media of country. If I recall correctly President Bush in a press conference a couple of months back estimated that about 30,000 iraqis have been directly or indirectly killed from our invasion. Seems to me that the media outlets and the american public in general pretty much shrugged this shit off. 3,000 Americans viciously killed at WTC and it was a called a crime against humanity. More than 10Xs of that amount are killed in Iraq, but do we hear anything about it? Man, history will judge the U.S. harshly cuz of this. We are so doomed.

Visionz
10-25-2006, 10:46 AM
I feel you on that. Its the shear arrogance of the american media and the public following that has built up this notion that somehow our lives here are more important, in reality that's bullshit.

I also gotta also say that 30,000 is probably on the extremely generous sides of estimates. I've heard numbers as high as around 100,000. Baghdad has a high population count. Wanna say it was like 4-5 million when we first invaded. You know all those bombs we dropped when we first went in weren't just hitting Sadaams people. not to mention all the chaos that followed behind our troops once the war was "over".

Deft One
10-25-2006, 05:23 PM
What I don't understand is why the rest of the country isn't outraged. What was the reason for going to Iraq? WTC has nothing to do with Iraq they are not linked with Al Queda(well maybe now they are...) its been admitted. There is no WMDs in Iraq, its been admitted. The fact is Iraq would never threaten the U.S. because if it did the country would cease to be because it would be bombarded to a pulp(if it wasnt filled with precious oil). If Iraq was the worldwide leader in bananas we would never have stepped foot in there. We spend 500 billion dollars on our military the next closest country is China at 50 billion. If we spend that much loot why don't our troops have proper armor and supplies? Its bullshit where is the money going? That is fucking ridiculous, pull the fuck out put the money in the schools. We can win the war on Iraq woop-dee-fuckin-doo but we are losing the war on poverty and the longer we allow our youth to be uneducated the longer the people will have zero control over this government. The gov doesn't care about poverty there hasnt been a president form poverty since Abraham Lincoln.

"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."- Clarence Darrow

Than why does it take 3 days to invade Baghdad but more than double that to evacuate New Orleans? There are some serious problems going on in this country and this election is going to be huge. [/rant]

Edgar Erebus
10-26-2006, 07:10 AM
No one ain't outraged cuz people ain't dumb. Look, Iraq didn't obey orders and look what happened. No one wants to live same shit as them now.

Deft One
10-27-2006, 01:26 AM
obey orders? who are we to give orders to them? and what orders are you talking about? orders to not develop nuclear technology is the only thing i can recall and they didn't even have that...

LORD NOSE
10-27-2006, 01:33 AM
they want them women over there to come up out of their veils and shake thier ass over here in the ghettos of america

True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."- Clarence Darrow

^ Thats deep

snapple
10-27-2006, 02:54 AM
Things like this piss me off about the people and media of country. If I recall correctly President Bush in a press conference a couple of months back estimated that about 30,000 iraqis have been directly or indirectly killed from our invasion. Seems to me that the media outlets and the american public in general pretty much shrugged this shit off. 3,000 Americans viciously killed at WTC and it was a called a crime against humanity. More than 10Xs of that amount are killed in Iraq, but do we hear anything about it? Man, history will judge the U.S. harshly cuz of this. We are so doomed.

yep, its strange what our media choses to focus on and what americans do and don't wanna hear