PDA

View Full Version : Hold ur head up...it get's better.

Black Man
10-27-2006, 12:24 PM
So here are some of the facts, compiled by CDC in 2005, and which would make news, in a media culture concerned about truth, and committed to challenging public misperceptions--which is to say, in a media very much unlike the one we have now:

-- White youth are 2.3 times more likely than black youth to drive drunk*
-- White males are a third more likely than black males to have carried a weapon in the past month (31.4 percent vs. 23.7) and fifty percent more likely to have taken a weapon to school (10.1 vs. 6.8);
-- Although black and white youth are equally likely to have tried cigarettes, whites are twice as likely to smoke currently (26 vs. 13 percent), and 3.3 times more likely to smoke at least a half-pack a day (11.7 vs. 3.5 percent);
-- Although white and black youth are roughly equally likely to have tried alcohol, white youth are fifty percent more likely to drink currently (46 percent vs. 31 percent), and nearly three times as likely to engage in episodic binge drinking (defined as having five or more drinks at a time, more than once a month). Indeed thirty percent of white youth have engaged in such heavy drinking, while only eleven percent of black youth have, meaning that white youth are nearly as likely to have binged more than once in the past month, as black youth are to have taken a drink at all; -- Although there is no statistically significant difference between white and black youth when it comes to marijuana use, whites between grades 9-12 are almost 3.5 times more likely to have tried cocaine, twice as likely to be current coke users, twice as likely to have used inhalants, twice as likely to have used illegal steroids, 3.3 times as likely to have used hallucinogenic drugs, nearly four times as likely to have used methamphetamine, and slightly more likely to have used heroin or ecstasy. While it should be noted that only very small percentages of youth of any color have tried these harder drugs--obviously good news, and important to recognize, given the tendency to stereotype young people generally as irresponsible--the fact remains that blacks are typically the least likely to have done so.

Kong
10-27-2006, 02:36 PM
has it turned into a competition?

both black and white getting high tonight.

LHX
10-27-2006, 02:49 PM
statistics are always fun to show people when they work in your favor

and then when they dont, everybody says how unreliable statistics are

the only thing this thread demonstrates is that somebody took statistics of a sample of people

any conclusions are based on these 'studies' are loose at best

that doesnt mean the claims arent true, it just means that the study that the claims are based on is bullshit

Prolifical ENG
10-27-2006, 02:50 PM
So is the question for KTL where did these initial stereotypes come from? Or should we all just acknowledge the conclusion for what it is, that it is the truth?

$inista
10-27-2006, 03:01 PM
White youth are 2.3 times more likely than black youth to drive drunk*
White yutes R 7.2 times more likely to have a car to drive than black yutes ........LOL......... haha

LHX
10-27-2006, 03:55 PM
So is the question for KTL where did these initial stereotypes come from? Or should we all just acknowledge the conclusion for what it is, that it is the truth?

whats the truth?

is the sky blue for the blind?

heres a stat:

6 billion people are living on a messed up planet

Black Man
10-27-2006, 03:56 PM
How about 6 billion people are living on a perfect planet....why we f*cking our only home up?

CHRONZ
10-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Because some people try to turn us against each other..

LHX
10-27-2006, 04:03 PM
because we dont realize what we have

dont know how it works

we keep going to the well for more, but we dont realize that we have to give it time to fill up before we keep using it

LHX
10-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Because some people try to turn us against each other..
lol

'us'

CHRONZ
10-27-2006, 04:13 PM
what ?

LHX
10-27-2006, 04:21 PM
its us that are turning us against us

7EL7
10-27-2006, 04:24 PM
it is a messed up world

who messed it up
who will mess it up more
if we are to clean it up, do we have to get rid of those who continue to mess it up
are we messing it up knowingly and unknowingly

Deft One
10-27-2006, 04:25 PM
6 billion people are living on a messed up planet

True.

I'm interested how they collected this information because I know if someone came up to me asking me about what drugs I have tried I wouldn't exactly spill my heart to them and be completely honest.

CHRONZ
10-27-2006, 04:28 PM
no, it's them who try to infest our minds.

snapple
10-27-2006, 04:50 PM
the whole world is blind/
everybody on that race shit/

Sicka than aidZ
10-27-2006, 05:27 PM
yeah an blue an green people smoke da mos heron, WTF?!

Deft One
10-27-2006, 07:25 PM
It's not what I see that worries me but the other half that keeps me up at night

Alesco
10-28-2006, 06:15 AM
We have a great world man. But some peoples minds are programmed by
the devil and his followers. Its like snapple said. to many peoples be on that
race shit. Some peoples just cant see.

Its fucked up man. But thats life. We can only do our best and try to educate our youth.

PEACE

7EL7
10-28-2006, 06:55 AM
race and kind is important

if one is made genetically weak, how do they treat others who are not inflicted with this weakness - how do they look at them and treat them

why did cain really kill abel

ENVY

they can all play as children - but when one child stands out above all the rest, how does the rest treat this child ?

if you and all of your friends are 38 years of age, and they all looked 21 but you looked 63, how would you treat these friends of yours

alot of people will try to inflict pain and dis ease on those they envy so that those they envy can be in the same boat going down.

This is the situation between the caucasian and the rest of the world -

they see us dancing and having a good time and they get jealous of our shine - so they reduced us to animals

and thats exactly what we are right now

ANIMALS - not GODS - but animals - following the devils culture and speaking his language - he is the author of death and destruction

we do not have to die

LHX
10-28-2006, 02:38 PM
oh so go kill yourself allready...i see beautifull things and beautifull happenings everyday..................
what reason do i have to believe that killing myself would make anything better?

it didnt work for christ

beautiful things happen in bad places

every day

but that doesnt mean there is a excuse for unnecessary suffering

LHX
10-28-2006, 02:42 PM
race and kind is important

if one is made genetically weak, how do they treat others who are not inflicted with this weakness - how do they look at them and treat them

why did cain really kill abel

ENVY

they can all play as children - but when one child stands out above all the rest, how does the rest treat this child ?

if you and all of your friends are 38 years of age, and they all looked 21 but you looked 63, how would you treat these friends of yours

alot of people will try to inflict pain and dis ease on those they envy so that those they envy can be in the same boat going down.

This is the situation between the caucasian and the rest of the world -

they see us dancing and having a good time and they get jealous of our shine - so they reduced us to animals

and thats exactly what we are right now

ANIMALS - not GODS - but animals - following the devils culture and speaking his language - he is the author of death and destruction

we do not have to die

jealousy comes from fear

it is not a choice somebody makes

nobody chooses to be jealous
but that does not give anybody the excuse not to rise above that habit

things that are made weak can learn to be strong

7EL7
10-28-2006, 02:45 PM
things that are made weak can learn to be strong

we see this and this is what keeps it all going - we are very compassionate and forgiving -