PDA

View Full Version : Psycho Realm - War Story Book I

TAURO
10-31-2006, 10:52 AM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/Tauro02/psychorealm2.jpg

The Psycho Realm return with their second album this time without B Real (although he does feature on one track) with yet another amazingly raw and darkly produced set.
The group made up of brothers Big Duke and Sick Jacken come with the type of lyrics that just defy belief as to why their not more recognised in the hip hop game, they do stick to certain conventions one of them being that they don't like to collabo much with outside artists, B Real is there and also Crow from Street Platoon features as well.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/Tauro02/prealm.gif

Subject matterwise this is all about the street inparticular their district of Pico Union in LA but their words leave a more lasting impression than your more usual LA gangsta fare, expect their topics to range from the escallating gang violence to the urban depravation which plagues their streets.

Lyrically and flow wise Sick Jacken is truly the star here, his superfast delivery combined with great vocabulary truly put him up there as an unsung hero in hip hop, Duke with his more slower smokefilled voice still delivers some great verses. Their distinct flows really compliment each other which in my opinion is what makes this duo such a great group, I still miss B Real who was also part of the group at one point but I do think that it was necessary for the brothers to be allowed to spread their wings without being overshadowed by their more famous group member.

It seems difficult to compare them to other groups because in all honesty nobody really sounds like them, lets just say they have alot in common with groups like Cypress Hill, Wu-Tang and Gangstarr and I can safely say that this is one of the best albums I've heard in my 14 years of listening to hip hop, an underground classic 10/10

Playlist:

1. The Crazy Area
2. Order Through Chaos
3. Pico Union District
4. Enemy Of The State
5. Conspiracy Theories
6. Tragedy .Com
7. Earthquake Weather
8. The Wind Of Revolution
9. Moving Through Streets
10. Street Platoons
11. Sick Dogs
12. Show Of Force

Heres a track link: Enemy Of The State - http://rapidshare.com/files/1434245/04_Enemy_of_the_State.wma.html

Longbongcilvaringz
10-31-2006, 10:07 PM
thanks for the link, i'll have to check this album out.

i like the first album, but no b-real?

still should be good though.

TAURO
11-02-2006, 10:46 AM
The album has been out for a few years now, in fact war story book 2 has been out for a while too, i'll review it at some point soon.

TAURO
11-08-2006, 12:29 PM
bump

venex
11-08-2006, 12:34 PM
I loved their first album "psycho realm"...

is their a difference on this one ? changes they made, lyrics beatwise ?

peace!

TAURO
11-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Lyrics wise they stepped up big time, it's a lot more focused. Because B Real is not on it as much they are really given the opportunity to show what they can do.

Production wise is on that same level, it keeps the same vibe as it's predesessor but they do try out a few different sounds, it all works though.

g_flex
11-08-2006, 02:58 PM
P.R is one of the best groups to grace d mic..anyone knows whos d producer?

venex
11-08-2006, 04:14 PM
thanks tauro, imma check it out !

peace!

TAURO
11-08-2006, 05:44 PM
P.R is one of the best groups to grace d mic..anyone knows whos d producer?

Their production is in house called Drug Lab.

TAURO
11-08-2006, 05:45 PM
thanks tauro, imma check it out !

peace!

No probs man, be sure to look out for their third album war story book 2, it's dope also.

supremecharma
11-10-2006, 07:27 AM
AWESOME SHIT. get my hairs on the back of my nek raised every time..... such a slept on group..... props tauro

SickSide
07-06-2007, 05:43 PM
co signed, awesomee
the beat on Street Platoons is insane

Bucellito 136
12-06-2007, 04:04 PM
sick beats
sick lyrics
straight sick like all the psycho realm joints

RynMur
03-13-2009, 09:21 PM
I didn't mind not seeing B-Real on here because it was still nasty. However, Show of Force with B-Real is my favorite track on the album. A War Story starts where it left off 3 years earlier: menacing beats, superb lyrics, and a dark concept. This is my second favorite album from PR.

Top 5: Order Through Caos, Pico-Union District, Enemy of the State, Street Platoons, Show Of Force

Grade: (4.5/5) A