PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on hunting?

check two
11-01-2006, 01:44 PM
I was wondering what people's viewpoints are on hunting animals, like deer? Do you consider it a sport? I don't mean to be stereotypical, but a lot of the hunters I see tend to be rednecks. I don't see what the purpose is of killing a deer, and hanging it's head in your house? It seems pretty strange to me.

tekunique
11-01-2006, 01:46 PM
hunting FTW...

tekunique
11-01-2006, 01:55 PM
I think traditionally it was a sport, like who was the most able to catch the best thing. Hunting has alot of obvious parts that involve competition between not only hunter/hunted, but also between numerous hunters. of course there's watered down versions today, where animals are confined to an area so that lazies can get satisfaction from an (easy) kill
but originally it was for food..

Prolifical ENG
11-01-2006, 01:57 PM
I guess the "sport" part of it is tied to the skill of survival. Dont know about the head trophy part of it, but I thought most of the deer hunters actually eat the deer meat....might as well do something with the remains. Although if you really did survive off of hunting animals, you would use every part of it.

I guess the people that don't need to depend on hunting for survival, hunting gives them an excuse to go out into the wilderness and in some way experience another lifestyle.

100pr00f
11-01-2006, 02:00 PM
now we need hunters to maintain the population of deer and other animals that over populate a area like now i mean damn

every day their is a car getting fucked from deer running in front of a car moving 70 mph

people die too cuz of that so
hunters take care of the population they allso do it for food and for sport
but they dont just kill and leave it their they still use it for food

100pr00f
11-01-2006, 02:04 PM
the deer ..the roads been their for 30 years
or more years the deers age is less then that so u cant say it was his home befor we made it a road

deer overpopulate fast as fuck

i mean were live i never see deer

no i see like 100 of them fuckers

running in the city and the couny is worse

oLd_KaiNry
11-01-2006, 02:10 PM
hunting is really fun!

y'all have to go hunt atleast once in your life

i usally go hunt for ducks, partridge, grouse and other types of bird

u cant really go hunt deer when its your first time cuz u will have a heck of a hard time trying to find one and kill one...

i never killed a young animal cuz i think thats cruel...

fishing + hunting + beer + beer + beer = me happy

oLd_KaiNry
11-01-2006, 02:13 PM
http://www.montwt.co.uk/gifs/red_grouse.jpg
^^^ red grouse

saw one once in my life and i couldnt kill him cuz he was so ill....

HANZO
11-01-2006, 02:18 PM
hunting is good i hunt feasents and shit liek that in england but when i go to turkey i go hunting wild boars in the mountings its a good experience know how to use a gun. its fun, its just an excuse to go and kill an animal but i enjoy it, the only problem would be the hunting of endangered species.

NIGHT MAYOR
11-01-2006, 02:29 PM
farmers have trouble down here with vermin. rabbits hairs kangaroo's - hunting is a good way to cull. and as for animals that arent vermin...... should'nt be killed ......... but we are at the top of the food chain - to the victor goes the spoils, only the strong survive n all that other shit. peace

oLd_KaiNry
11-01-2006, 02:29 PM
i dont get how its a sport....u sit and wait for hours not moving just sitting then a dear comes by , u push a button, then u win!sounds like some fun challenging activities for your day off.

hahahahah its alot more harder than that...

1st off u never to spray yourself some " rut " odor so they can smell u and come towards u

then u need to buy a deer call to make then come to ya

when u finally see one u hide somewhere and u dont move a single sound could make him leave (when u drunk its kinda hard since u dont have alot of patience)

now that he's there in front of you, your trigger is ready to blast... u take a deep breath and BAM!!!! MOTHA FUCKA !!!!!!!!

u fired him and he's on the ground, bring it back home, sell his skin, horns and what ever u can sell and cook the meat on a bbq

hunting isnt about physical capability, its about having fun

im sure atleast half of the ppl hatin on hunters eat meat so whats the difference between buyin meat from a butcher and killing one on your own ...

100pr00f
11-01-2006, 02:33 PM
farmers have trouble down here with vermin. rabbits hairs kangaroo's - hunting is a good way to cull. and as for animals that arent vermin...... should'nt be killed ......... but we are at the top of the food chain - to the victor goes the spoils, only the strong survive n all that other shit. peace

nicccceeee

lets but u in a caged mach bare fisted u and a lion

lets see who is on top of the food chain

hahahahaa

NIGHT MAYOR
11-01-2006, 02:36 PM
seeing how humans created guns/bombs/knifes i think its only fair i go in as a rambo kinda dude. our brains are our best weapons. plus i dont want to hurt that lion to much before i kill it *raises dukes*

Dokuro
11-01-2006, 02:43 PM
my girl took me out hunting one time i had the buck in my cross hares i couldent pull the triger though it was strang to me becouse i allegedly shot 4 poeple so far why is it easer to shot a human then a dear well eny why she got the thing a sead it was like a 12 point dear or somthing im not femeler whith the point systums but she stell wont let me live it down

Inspectah_Dirk
11-01-2006, 02:56 PM
I encourage hunting if the prey are sex offenders and pedofiles and such.

ElusiveFugitive
11-01-2006, 03:26 PM
"the deer ..the roads been their for 30 yearsor more years the deers age is less then that so u cant say it was his home befor we made it a roaddeer overpopulate fast as fucki mean were live i never see deerno i see like 100 of them fuckersrunning in the city and the couny is worse".................................................. .................................................. .........Indiscriminate slaughter of various species of predatory animals like wolves, mountain lions etc that survived by hunting and maintaining the herds of these animals causes some of these problems. Also the sprawling human populations, deforestation and inability to manage these populations. So once again it stems back to humans unbalancing the natural environment. The deers ancestors lived and inhabited that land for thousands of years.So hunters replace that role by managing the herds. And provided they eat what they kill and dont leave the carcasses to rot they are providing a valuable service</p>

Skellington
11-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Human instinct

Gawd
11-01-2006, 03:58 PM
I was wondering what people's viewpoints are on hunting animals, like deer? Do you consider it a sport? I don't mean to be stereotypical, but a lot of the hunters I see tend to be rednecks. I don't see what the purpose is of killing a deer, and hanging it's head in your house? It seems pretty strange to me. Hunting is fine imo as long as you eat or put to use your kill...as in making clothing or food etc etc.

hunting FTW...

I think traditionally it was a sport, like who was the most able to catch the best thing. Hunting has alot of obvious parts that involve competition between not only hunter/hunted, but also between numerous hunters. of course there's watered down versions today, where animals are confined to an area so that lazies can get satisfaction from an (easy) kill Fishing in a stocked lake i think would be the lazy part of your statement...as far as designated hunting areas...lawls....you still have to walk for miles and post up untill somthing comes along...you can go out one or more days and kill nothing...it takes patience, silence, aim, and skill......laziness does not apply.

seeing how humans created guns/bombs/knifes i think its only fair i go in as a rambo kinda dude. our brains are our best weapons. plus i dont want to hurt that lion to much before i kill it *raises dukes* yes your brains are needed as much to hunt as a weapon is needed.......

if you hunt...eat what you kill......as for hanging trophys on the wall....well that is a manly thing.....pride.

Dokuro
11-01-2006, 04:00 PM
I encourage hunting if the prey are sex offenders and pedofiles and such.
church

check two
11-01-2006, 04:00 PM
On a side note, I'm glad that poachers are killed on the spot.

Gawd
11-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Yes poachers...those without souls.....

Frontal Lobotomy
11-01-2006, 06:54 PM
As long as its for food, its cool with me. Shit like fox hunting (British gentry) and big game hunting is just wrong, specially seeing as most 'big game' are endangered species.

tajeco
11-01-2006, 11:31 PM
If it's to feed the family or whatever, with a respect to nature, then I think it's okay, but if it's just for fun, then I don't care if they have 'hunting accidents'.

check two
11-02-2006, 01:20 PM
I don't think there are many people nowadays in the US and other developed countries, that depend soley on hunting animals as their main source of food. I know there are some people out in the boondocks that do that, but not many.

And I think it's more the human's fault, than the deer's fault, in the 'over-population' topic. More and more of the deer's dwindling amount of land is taken away to build extra unneeded homes, malls, stores, etc. So of course you're going to have more deer's and other animals in people's neighborhoods and streets.

Like I said, I was wondering why hunting seems to be done by a lot of the rednecks in the US?

Gawd
11-02-2006, 03:18 PM
I don't think there are many people nowadays in the US and other developed countries, that depend soley on hunting animals as their main source of food. I know there are some people out in the boondocks that do that, but not many.

And I think it's more the human's fault, than the deer's fault, in the 'over-population' topic. More and more of the deer's dwindling amount of land is taken away to build extra unneeded homes, malls, stores, etc. So of course you're going to have more deer's and other animals in people's neighborhoods and streets.

Like I said, I was wondering why hunting seems to be done by a lot of the rednecks in the US?

Over population of a species in most areas happen because hunting that specific animal is outlawed or the animals are in an area where hunting is not allowed. Not because a mall is built. There are so many wide open spaces in the United States. Sometimes hunting is needed to save other species of wildlife aand or plants from being taken out. But not even half the time is that the case. Also as far as your redneck comment......I doubt a 'redneck' could afford the equipment or even the lottery fees to hunt some of the game in the US.........dont be an idiot

CherChezLaMarauder
11-02-2006, 03:28 PM
inhumane

(excluding pigoens)

check two
11-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Ed,
I'm not being an idiot, ya dung beetle. There are so many wide open spaces in the US? lol Where do you live, Montana? And just because a person is a redneck, doesn't mean they are of low income.

Gawd
11-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Ed,
I'm not being an idiot, ya dung beetle. There are so many wide open spaces in the US? lol Where do you live, Montana? And just because a person is a redneck, doesn't mean they are of low income.
I live in Arizona....but even NY and areas of the Eastcoast have wide open spaces........you just have to leave the city to see them. So what then is your definition of a redneck? and why do you suppose ,in your words, they do most of the hunting?

Prolifical ENG
11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
you cant really define a redneck in that way. unless you are literally referring to the farmers that have their necks burned from the sun from driving their tracktors in the fields.

Some might consider George Bush a redneck.

I can gerneralize anyone who lives in a rural town to be a redneck because of their overall lifestyle compared to mine. Even if they do have more money than me.

Gawd
11-03-2006, 12:08 PM
ppl think if you own firearms and have a pickup truck and drink shitty beers you are a redneck......but that just described everyman from Mexico......

100pr00f
11-03-2006, 12:11 PM
and they are wetbacks

hahaha j/p

Gawd
11-03-2006, 12:15 PM
we laugh together as our heads come off..

ShaDynasty
11-03-2006, 12:30 PM
i think were at the top of the food chain we have the right to kill and eat any animal we want
at the same time we gotta be careful to not kill all the animals cos we need them for many reasons
hunting for sport? i dunno
if you enjoy killing an animal youre a bit fucked up in the head

check two
11-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Well, I don't live in a city. I live in a town, and in recent years, more and more of the open land has been taken away to be used for homes and unnecessary stores, like I had said. I don't think we need a CVS drug store and a Wawa convenience store every two minutes. And in nearby rural areas, the same is true about there not being much open land left.

My definition of a redneck is a guy with a southern accent, flannel shirt, and watches Nascar. That's just a general definition on my viewpoint though. lol But I would say it's a fact that a large percentage of hunters in the US are white males. I don't see hardly any non white hunters, except Karl Malone. And there are few women hunters. The women that do hunt, usually have redneck husbands/boyfriends. I'm not trying to stereotype.