PDA

View Full Version : The 5th of November

Urban_Journalz
11-05-2006, 12:55 PM
On this day in London, 1605. A man named Guy Fawkes and 12 other people set out to destroy The British Parlaiment at the stroke of midnight.

Why?? In London, Catholics were treated as the worst class of citizens, simply because, you guessed it, they were Catholics. The leader of the country himself was Catholic as was his mother. However, as we see all too often, he would rather be a puppet to the people in power than fight for the equal rights of his people.

Seeing this, Guy Fawkes and his fellow revolutionaries sought to kill he rulers of this country as they knew where they would be on this night. Using 36 barrels of gunpowder, they sought to blow them to smitherines.

The plan was foiled because one of the men involved decided to turn traitor. After interrogation and torture, Guy Fawkes and those with him were killed.

Since then, every night on this day, Londoners have a Bonfire in honor of the people who wanted to remind it's government, and ultimately the world, that fairness, justice and freedom were perspectives. Not mere words.

So, for those who didn't know, now you do.

Remember these people who were willing to risk their lives and ultimately lost them, in the name of freedom. TRUE freedom.
If it were to happen today, these men and women would without a doubt be called "terrorists" or "extremists". While the finger-pointers could care less about the pain and torture the believers of a particular way may be going through.

The poem for this day goes....

"Remember, Remember The 5th of November.
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot.
I know of no reason why The Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot."

LHX
11-05-2006, 01:14 PM
victims of violence on a vendetta for vindication

Urban_Journalz
11-05-2006, 01:46 PM
^^word. Saw the movie eh? lol

Prince Rai
11-05-2006, 01:50 PM
bring on the firework :P

the silencer
11-05-2006, 01:58 PM
i still havent seen V for Vendetta...

is it worth buyin the dvd??

Prince Rai
11-05-2006, 02:04 PM
i watched the film on a plane to chicago, and i didnt think it was all that. id borrow the film, or buy it on sale.

hidden ninja
11-05-2006, 08:14 PM
i still havent seen V for Vendetta...

is it worth buyin the dvd??it's worth checking out, but not too great for multiple watches. i've seen it like 3 or 4 tinmes, and it just seems to drag more and more each time. Good flick though, atleast see it once.

Sexy Jasper
11-05-2006, 08:25 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/cherin111/space_ghetto/dcfe98ff.jpg

HANZO
11-05-2006, 08:26 PM
iv always said that the 5th of november is celebrating terrorism which is seen as the biggest wrong in the world today. i just find it funny in 500 years time will we all be celebrating september 11th by flying remote controlled airplanes into carton buildings.

supremecharma
11-06-2006, 12:26 AM
On this day in London, 1605. A man named Guy Fawkes and 12 other people set out to destroy The British Parlaiment at the stroke of midnight.

Why?? In London, Catholics were treated as the worst class of citizens, simply because, you guessed it, they were Catholics. The leader of the country himself was Catholic as was his mother. However, as we see all too often, he would rather be a puppet to the people in power than fight for the equal rights of his people.

Seeing this, Guy Fawkes and his fellow revolutionaries sought to kill he rulers of this country as they knew where they would be on this night. Using 36 barrels of gunpowder, they sought to blow them to smitherines.

The plan was foiled because one of the men involved decided to turn traitor. After interrogation and torture, Guy Fawkes and those with him were killed.

Since then, every night on this day, Londoners have a Bonfire in honor of the people who wanted to remind it's government, and ultimately the world, that fairness, justice and freedom were perspectives. Not mere words.

So, for those who didn't know, now you do.

Remember these people who were willing to risk their lives and ultimately lost them, in the name of freedom. TRUE freedom.
If it were to happen today, these men and women would without a doubt be called "terrorists" or "extremists". While the finger-pointers could care less about the pain and torture the believers of a particular way may be going through.

The poem for this day goes....

"Remember, Remember The 5th of November.
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot.
I know of no reason why The Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot."

props.... great post. people need reminding.

SLATTS
11-06-2006, 06:42 AM
In London, Catholics were treated as the worst class of citizens, simply because, you guessed it, they were Catholics.

Still happening to this day in Northern Ireland

IrOnMaN
11-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Thanks. I didn't think this really happen, but it did.

Urban_Journalz
11-06-2006, 01:19 PM
V For Vendetta, in my opinion, is a fantastic picture.

It's the lessons that are taught therein that make me feel like this.

The lead character "V", while hilarious and sarcastic, has a sense of honor that goes unmatched if you look at the average vigilante. Even to one of his enemies, he accpeted her apology and killed her softly.

I say it's like Star Wars. What made the Jedi Knights so ill, wasn't the force, or the lightsabers, it was their definition.

"For over a thousand generaions The Jedi Knights were The Guardians Of Peace and Justice in The Old Republic."

It's one of my favorites cuz it reminds me that one of the illest highs you can get is standing in the face of opposition, all the while unshaken. It shows how truly weak and scared all dictators are and how powerful a group of people can become if they shed their fears.

IrOnMaN
11-06-2006, 04:54 PM
^^^100% correct, my friend. V for Vendetta is freakin' classic!!!!!:b

LHX
11-06-2006, 08:55 PM
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

^^^
best line of the movie

ratty mayonnaise
11-07-2006, 06:07 PM
research about the makers of that movie who also made matrix

the films they make aswell as others of that 'sort'
have a new meaning to them.

peace

ElusiveFugitive
11-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Good thread. In Aotearoa, NZ we still celebrate Guy Fawkes on November 5th and let off fireworks and have bonfires. Only now, after a recent spate of serious arson attacks they are going to stop selling fireworks to the public... but people will still acknowledge it. I didnt know people from other countries in the West dont have it?

ratty mayonnaise
11-08-2006, 03:50 AM
i missed this out

nov 5th is to celebrate GOVT sponsored terrorism.

Visionz
11-08-2006, 04:01 AM
research about the makers of that movie who also made matrix

the films they make aswell as others of that 'sort'
have a new meaning to them.

peacePeace Soul, good to see you back postin once again. Could you expand on this for me. I remember you mentioning something about it when Vendetta was first released. I'm curious about the details mayne. peace

Urban_Journalz
11-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Good thread. In Aotearoa, NZ we still celebrate Guy Fawkes on November 5th and let off fireworks and have bonfires. Only now, after a recent spate of serious arson attacks they are going to stop selling fireworks to the public... but people will still acknowledge it. I didnt know people from other countries in the West dont have it?

That's dope that y'all recognize it in NZ yo. IN The States very few people know about it. Well, right now anyway. Can't speak for anywhere else in this hemisphere.

I just hope more people learn about it you know?

It's like learnin' about William Wallace. He went against his 'government' and all, but we know who was right and who was wrong in that equasion and these celebrations are about truth and those who fought to uphold it.

Mad Love o New Zealand, y'all keep it goin'.

ratty mayonnaise
12-26-2011, 04:49 PM
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

^^^
best line of the movie

fawkes the world.