PDA

View Full Version : Decisions Decisions

Urban_Journalz
11-05-2006, 03:15 PM
OK

I've always wanted a pair of Technics. Every DJ has to have 'em. Recently though, I've run into possibly the only deck that could rival the industry standard.

The Stanton STR8-150.
Built like a Technics 12, in body and configurations, this deck is also 6 pounds heavier and it has a straight tonearm. Anyone who scratches will tell you how much these are worth, as opposed to the S-arm on the Technics.

So, I can't decide which turntable to get.

Also.

Beat machines.

The SP-1200 is a must have for anyone. I of course want this. My problem is in the MPC series. I don't know wether to get the 2000 or 2400

Dilla (r.i.p.) said that the 2000 was his favorite for what he liked to do.

I just need some feedback.

Peace.

Bloo
11-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Damn buddy, really wish I could help ya with that decision. Don't know to much about production matereals. You might wanna try asking in the Audio Booth.

Urban_Journalz
11-06-2006, 10:05 AM
cool. good lookin' out though bruh.

shaolinsword
11-06-2006, 01:27 PM
numarks are supposed to be quite good. But that was for more trance stuff don't know if it'll be any good for hip hop though

Urban_Journalz
11-06-2006, 02:29 PM
numarks are supposed to be quite good. But that was for more trance stuff don't know if it'll be any good for hip hop though

Yo, I was lookin' at some Numark TTX's with the interchangeable tonearms. I rocked 'em once, and they handle pretty well, it was trance music though. Which takes a lot less abuse than hip-hop.:cool:

With a switchable tonearm, they might be dope to get started on. With a plastic body though, can't travel to any shows with em you know?

shaolinsword
11-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Just throwin out lines

EAGLE EYE
01-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Check out this site: http://www.turntablelab.com/

they've always got nice stuff and full reviews from people that know their shit