PDA

View Full Version : Whos getting the PS3 next Friday!!!

Icurus
11-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Im wondering who will try and get the PS3 next Friday. I think I will get one.

Bloo
11-08-2006, 12:28 AM
eh, I'll just wait two more days and get a Wii

shaolinsword
11-08-2006, 03:24 AM
reading all the threads of the forums im signed up to I don't think a lot of people will be getting the PS3 come launch day whenever it is (don't tell me i dont care cos i have to wait fucking ages) and the wii sales will be high as fuck

Urban_Journalz
11-08-2006, 02:16 PM
eh, I'll just wait two more days and get a Wii

Dude....this is not an attack, but THE CONTROLLER!!!!! }:| It's.....it's.....it's a blasphemy to the video game nation!!!!

Urban_Journalz
11-08-2006, 02:24 PM
reading all the threads of the forums im signed up to I don't think a lot of people will be getting the PS3 come launch day whenever it is (don't tell me i dont care cos i have to wait fucking ages) and the wii sales will be high as fuck

I gotta ask, other than the fact that you can download old Nintendo games to this, what else would make the sales of this machine sky-rocket?

Personally, I think that the controller will drive a lot of people away. God knows I don't want one. We're used to a specific kind of game. Hell, when XBOX came out, they had to make that bohemoth of a controller smaller because most of us complained. Other than that, the XBOX really didn't re-invent the wheel as far as controllers went.

It took the trigger and R-L button idea from Nintendo 64. The joystick idea from Playstation, added two extra buttons of their own and wala!!

Nintendo, I think, with this system took an awful risk because they tried to re-invent the wheel.

Gamers are used to a specific kind of controller. 2-HANDS!!! It's the way we were raised for cryin' out loud. I think they did this out of spite for the PS2 basically puttin' the 64 out of business.

Off the record, I'm gettin' another 64, because GoldenEye, Starfox and Perfect Dark are the shit.

Anyway, I was excited about the new Nintendo until I saw that controller. I'm not saying they won't make ANY money, I just think Sony will make a lot more because they thought about the consumer.

Icurus
11-08-2006, 04:35 PM
I gotta ask, other than the fact that you can download old Nintendo games to this, what else would make the sales of this machine sky-rocket?

Personally, I think that the controller will drive a lot of people away. God knows I don't want one. We're used to a specific kind of game. Hell, when XBOX came out, they had to make that bohemoth of a controller smaller because most of us complained. Other than that, the XBOX really didn't re-invent the wheel as far as controllers went.

It took the trigger and R-L button idea from Nintendo 64. The joystick idea from Playstation, added two extra buttons of their own and wala!!

Nintendo, I think, with this system took an awful risk because they tried to re-invent the wheel.

Gamers are used to a specific kind of controller. 2-HANDS!!! It's the way we were raised for cryin' out loud. I think they did this out of spite for the PS2 basically puttin' the 64 out of business.

Off the record, I'm gettin' another 64, because GoldenEye, Starfox and Perfect Dark are the shit.

Anyway, I was excited about the new Nintendo until I saw that controller. I'm not saying they won't make ANY money, I just think Sony will make a lot more because they thought about the consumer.

Zelda....

Icurus
11-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Nintendo.com will teach you what you need to know about everything wii. You use two hands for the controller by the way, its not just one hand.

oLd_KaiNry
11-08-2006, 04:44 PM
if i had kids i would buy the wii

but im going for ps3 since i wont buy it until next year, even if they had like 128418248128214 copies in every store and the price would be lower...

im still havin fun with ps2

shaolinsword
11-08-2006, 04:59 PM
im only interested in Zelda and that samurai game for the wii atm whereas there's a load of good games comin out for the PS3 come launch time in the uk and im sure I'll get the PS3 sharpish

Icurus
11-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Whats the PS3 launch in UK. Because the American launch sucks ass... badly. No, seriously, really badly.

Bloo
11-09-2006, 04:16 AM

What you fail to realize Shrop is that the Wii is indeed gonna utilize the use of both hands.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e9/Wiimote_nunchuk.jpg
One hand on the remote the other on the stick.
And then there's always the option of the classic controller.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f2/Wii_05.jpg/800px-Wii_05.jpg
I'm sure a lot of developers are gonna put that to use. And the final design for the controller has a slot to connect the remote to the back. Hence giving the classic controller just as much functionality (if not more) then the PS3's SIXAXIS controller which can't pull off the same ammount of motion that the wii remote does on it's own.

I understand you're not a big Nintendo fan and that's cool. But before you shit on the system, do some research dawg.

And you're right about Sony making more money. But it's not because it thought about the consumer. It's because you can buy 2 Wii's for the price of one PS3.

FrenchShin
11-09-2006, 05:44 AM
i saw the PS3 in Tokyo and it looked.... big.

people there are expecting much more from Nintendo nowadays.

Bloo
11-09-2006, 07:06 AM
http://www.stevey666.co.uk/ps3grill/images/grillkut.jpg

shaolinsword
11-09-2006, 07:39 AM
ha! a PS3 fused with the george forman thing well for the launch in the uk we're hoping;

Tony Hawks project 8
fatal internia
the darkness
resistance: fall of man
assassins creed
bulletproof
battlefield
NFS carbon
untold legends

there's probably some more but I can't remember them at the mo. And I'm not definately sure that will be the lineup but most of those games have been in development for a years so there's no reason why they shouldn't be launch titles

VDB-King
11-09-2006, 01:22 PM
PS3 Ain't Finished, Firmware Updates On Launch Day (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/ps3-aint-finished-firmware-updates-on-launch-day-213531.php)

http://www.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/11/halfbakedlobster.jpg Those lucky few able to get a PS3 in Japan on launch day will have a pleasant surprise when that get that panini maker out of the box: A firmware update. Yep, Sony's Japanese site released a press release stated that there will be a software update on November 11th to allow "customers to be able to utilize the Playstation Network functions." Hmmm. Firmware updates to fix bugs and add features on the day the product is launched? Two-words: half baked. Brian Ashcraft
Whoops Press Release (http://www.jp.playstation.com/info/release/nr_20061109_ps3update.html) [PlayStation Japan, Thanks houkoholic!]

WTF is sony doing? They're pretty lucky that they have such a big brand name.

FrenchShin
11-09-2006, 01:59 PM
nope, they're not doing so well right now... lots of marketing and technical failures.

shaolinsword
11-09-2006, 05:58 PM
they done the same with the psp in the uk

RynMur
11-09-2006, 07:02 PM
I"ll be trying to get the PS3 next week. My brother has Xbox 360 and most of the games so far have been shitty. Madden 2007 for 360 is a joke. And only fantasy losers who got picked on in highschool will buy the Nintendo Wii.

Icurus
11-09-2006, 08:44 PM
I"ll be trying to get the PS3 next week. My brother has Xbox 360 and most of the games so far have been shitty. Madden 2007 for 360 is a joke. And only fantasy losers who got picked on in highschool will buy the Nintendo Wii.

I guess over 4 million people are fantasy losers (What the hell does that mean?) cause I am one of them. Zelda hear I come.

RynMur
11-10-2006, 02:02 AM
I guess over 4 million people are fantasy losers (What the hell does that mean?) cause I am one of them. Zelda hear I come.

Yea, but most of those 4 million are middle school kids. If not, there nerdy ass adults who can't get no pussy.

Icurus
11-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Yea, but most of those 4 million are middle school kids. If not, there nerdy ass adults who can't get no pussy.

huh??? :looking:

Icurus
11-10-2006, 02:32 AM
I dont think middle-school kids can say they grew up on Zelda, plus pay for a wii. You hatin on something you didnt play yet. Thats sad.

RynMur
11-10-2006, 02:34 AM
Nintendo makes kids games. C'mon Zelda? And kids don't buy the system, their parents do.

Wu-Tality
11-10-2006, 04:43 AM
In my experience kids want violence, and that would mean xbox360 is the system for kids.

VDB-King
11-10-2006, 05:45 AM
Nintendo makes kids games. C'mon Zelda? And kids don't buy the system, their parents do.
Damn dude grow up and open your eyes. Maybe then we can have a reasonable discussion.

RynMur
11-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Ha All you nerds mad just b/c of my opinion.

Skellington
11-11-2006, 12:38 PM
I just got back from from a next gen convention, played the psIII and loved it, I WILL buy'm

TAURO
11-11-2006, 12:51 PM
you americans are lucky, I gotta wait till next year.

WolfMan
11-11-2006, 01:13 PM
im still havin fun with ps2

word, man! there's a lot of games to the PS2 I haven't played yet, and I'm gonna buy them, have some fun, and get the PS3 when the prices are lower...

TAURO
11-12-2006, 01:37 AM
word, man! there's a lot of games to the PS2 I haven't played yet, and I'm gonna buy them, have some fun, and get the PS3 when the prices are lower...

Thats my plan.

Sir-Will-II
11-12-2006, 02:03 AM
Thats my plan.

Co-sign

Bloo
11-12-2006, 05:06 AM
What's funny is that most of the people out there copping a PS3 on launch are gonna be playing their PS2 games on it anyway :)

Partial neardy adult here, and I get pussy daily. Still getting a Wii

Then I'm gonna fuck my girl :yes:

shaolinsword
11-12-2006, 09:59 AM
PS3 been released in US yet?

Bloo
11-13-2006, 02:06 AM
Not yet, just 5 more days to go now...