PDA

View Full Version : Onimusha 3: Demon Seige

Urban_Journalz
11-08-2006, 02:32 PM
I've only played Onimusha: Warlords and Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny. Both fantastic games to be sure.

I haven't played this one yet, but it looks VERY interesting. Apparently, Jubei is blasted into the future. I believe it's 1800's Paris, France.

Anyway, I was considering the purchase, but I wanted to know if anyone has played this.

Koolish
11-08-2006, 11:52 PM
nah man you're back to samonoske in this one, no more jubei.

onimusha 3 is much more of an action title than 1 and 2's action/survival horror style. it's much less dark and creepy in my opinion as the other two at times were. it's not a bad game though, i enjoyed it and had some fun, but i felt the first two were more true to the style of onimusha.

Bloo
11-09-2006, 01:38 AM
I'll have to agree with Kool. I've never played part 2 and honestly I've only gotten like 45 minutes into the game but from what I played it's kinda like Devil May Cry style without the extensive combos. All in all I don't think it's as major a depart from the series as part 4 was. That's damn near a whole new game...

Urban_Journalz
11-10-2006, 12:18 AM
nah man you're back to samonoske in this one, no more jubei.

onimusha 3 is much more of an action title than 1 and 2's action/survival horror style. it's much less dark and creepy in my opinion as the other two at times were. it's not a bad game though, i enjoyed it and had some fun, but i felt the first two were more true to the style of onimusha.

Sounds like a positive new mix of gameplay.

Samanosuke's back tho?? That's pretty ill right there. Though I do love the eerie aspect of the Onimusha series, change is always good. Sounds like they didn't over do it either.

Urban_Journalz
11-10-2006, 12:20 AM
All in all I don't think it's as major a depart from the series as part 4 was. That's damn near a whole new game...

Now, that would be Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams right?? I was lookin' at that a few days ago and it looks pretty ill but I didn't want to scoop it 'til I got some feedback on it.

How would you rate it?

Sir-Will-II
11-12-2006, 02:10 AM
Onimusha 3 is the shit man. Pick it up, its really good. Though, I did go backwards in the series, starting with 3, then playing one, and then playing 2. But I think 3 is reeeaally good.

4 I didnt play because it had nothing to do with the others...no Samanosuke.

Lil' Ruger
11-12-2006, 02:56 AM
always wanted to play on of these but never got my hands on one hmmm ill have to look into this..

Bloo
11-12-2006, 04:59 AM
Now, that would be Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams right?? I was lookin' at that a few days ago and it looks pretty ill but I didn't want to scoop it 'til I got some feedback on it.

How would you rate it?

It's good, don't get me wrong. It's got the Onimusha style to it. Powerups, enemies, setting. But one major depart is the full 3d engine, I know part 3 was full 3d too, but the gameplay was still on the same level as 1 & 2. You play this one from a behind the back perspective, kinda like Resident Evil 4. Where Onimusha 1, 2, & 3 were Action/Adventure games, this one is damn near pure action. All in all I'd say it was about a 7/10, worth copping though, kinda like Onimusha May Cry :)

Urban_Journalz
11-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Damn. I'm sold. lol. Good lookin' y'all.

and pimp...you gotta play these titles. The storylines are ill, but in classic Capcom style, there's a lot to do.

Alcryt
11-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Onimusha 3 is the shit man. Pick it up, its really good. Though, I did go backwards in the series, starting with 3, then playing one, and then playing 2. But I think 3 is reeeaally good.

4 I didnt play because it had nothing to do with the others...no Samanosuke.

Samanosuke is in it hes one of the characters ;)
Hope i aint just spoilt that game for someone lol

Damn. I'm sold. lol. Good lookin' y'all.

and pimp...you gotta play these titles. The storylines are ill, but in classic Capcom style, there's a lot to do.

co-sign!
I think every one of the games is great, i actually think Oni3 has the most fun gameplay but the first two have a better atmosphere.
Dawn of Dreams was fun too but that lil annoyin thing i forget its name but it hangs upside down from a rope gets on my nerves and the ending wasnt nearly as good as the previous ones it kinda ruined it for me. *shrugs*