PDA

View Full Version : Someone i knew murdered

SickSide
11-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Just been reading the paper, I worked with this kid a while ago gardening, bad way to die, Shits fucked up
RIP

Nov 7 2006
By Linda Richards And Garry Willey, The Evening Chronicle

He bravely beat the odds to lead an independent life - only for it to be ended by savage bullies.

Disabled Lee Jobling was managing to live on his own despite a brain injury he suffered in a bridge fall when he was 15.

But the 20-year-old was killed at a party at his flat in Cotemede on Gateshead's Leam Lane Estate in April by gate-crashers Lee Nevins and Mark Lang.

The drunken strangers taunted vulnerable Lee, who was left with a limp and short-term memory loss after his fall in 2001, and launched an attack, which left him beaten, blood soaked and fatally injured.

His pleas for mercy went unanswered and when he struggled for breath and started grunting, they began singing "Old MacDonald Had A Farm."

Lee died 19 days later from head injuries.

Horrified relatives sat through the two-week trial as Nevins, 23, of Leam Lane Estate, and Lang, 24, of Harlow Green, both Gateshead, denied murder and tried to shift blame for the attack.

But a jury at Newcastle Crown Court found them both guilty and Judge John Milford ordered Nevins, who has previous convictions for violence, must serve a minimum of 17 years and Lang must serve at least 16 years.

Lee's aunt, Angela Knotts 45, said: "This has ripped a hole in our family.

"I had to come out of the courtroom a couple of times because I couldn't get out of Lee's sitting room, I was there re-living it.

"He was helpless not able to defend himself. They are animals. They've got a minimum of 17 and 16 years which has helped us, but a life should be for a life, especially in a case like this."

Lee was six when his mother Shirley, who was divorced from his father, died from a brain haemorrhage.

The youngster and his two brothers, Neil, now 27, and Paul, 24, came to live with Angela, her husband Garry, and two sons, Darren, now 27, Christopher, 23.

Paul said: "I'm very angry about it. I don't like talking about it because it's so upsetting."

And Neil has been traumatised by the tragedy.

Lee went to Thomas Hepburn School but lost the last year after his fall. He was in hospital for several months and came out in a wheelchair.

It took two and a half years of love and devotion by his family to get him back to living independently.

He loved gardening and had completed NVQ qualifications in agriculture to get his life back on track. In October 2005, he moved into his own flat.

"He was happy with his life," added Angela. "It took him a long time to get over the fall but he was coping with his life.

"I worried after his fall that he would be a target for bullies because he was vulnerable. I worried about him on his own when he left home and if he was here I could give him a lift home.

"I used to tell him to keep your door shut, just to let his friends in but Lee thought everyone was fine.

"He looked young for his age. He wasn't aggressive, he was just a nice lad."

The night of the attack started as a drink with friends, but word got out there was a party at Lee's and more turned up, including strangers.

Most people had left when the pair turned on Lee, who was punched repeatedly with boxing style combinations then kicked after he had fallen defenceless to the floor.

Paramedics answering a later 999 call forced entry to the flat and found Lee unconscious.

As he clung to life his family was told it would be a miracle if he survived.

"Whatever the sentence, nothing will make up for our loss," said Angela.

Passing sentences, Judge Milford told the two: "When Lee Jobling was only six fate cruelly robbed him of his mother. When he was 15 fate cruelly robbed him of his health.

"When he was only 20 you two robbed him of his life.

"You were guests in his home. You were drunk and had taken drugs. For your own amusement you bullied him, setting on him and causing his legs to be tied with wire."

He said he had observed them both throughout the trial and neither had shown any remorse.

"The attack was prolonged and then he was left in a dreadful state. You attacked him so you could derive pleasure from his suffering and suffer he did, of that I am sure," he said.

A 16-year-old, who cannot be named, was found not guilty of murder or manslaughter

Gawd
11-08-2006, 06:14 PM
that fucking sucks...both of those doods should get life in jail with no parole...and who the fuck just let those 2 doods beat on him? no one stopped them wtf?

Lil' Ruger
11-08-2006, 06:14 PM
gardening centre.................

Lil' Ruger
11-08-2006, 06:16 PM
that fucking sucks...both of those doods should get life in jail with no parole...and who the fuck just let those 2 doods beat on him? no one stopped them wtf?

co-sign.

SickSide
11-08-2006, 06:17 PM
i know ed, it said it was the morning after the party and most of the people had left, even so, if there was anyone they should of stepped in

Gawd
11-08-2006, 06:21 PM
whoever threw that party may be also liable for something.....large party....lots of booze i suppose? no security etc etc

SickSide
11-08-2006, 06:23 PM
it was the murdered kids flat, i read he threw a party for friends , but word got round, and he was the type of guy to think everyone was gonna be okay

Gawd
11-08-2006, 06:27 PM
well wtf then? killed in his own home.....when i have parties and ppl show up uninvited they get thrown the fuck out.

SickSide
11-08-2006, 06:29 PM
i know you would
but this lad was niave(sp) also probaly let them stay

Gawd
11-08-2006, 06:33 PM
word...sad tho dood....sad.....

SickSide
11-08-2006, 06:38 PM
yeah, seems guy had a hard life

Lil' Ruger
11-08-2006, 06:40 PM
hmmm shud keep a gun......u shud get the guys who murdered him .

Gawd
11-08-2006, 06:43 PM
in europe you cant have guns because the governments are too large and control too much..

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
11-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Them kids should have gotten Life...what they did was cruel and releasing them after 16 years onto the public is just dumb..they will victimize someone else once they are released its proven fgact jails do nothing but institutionalize and harden criminals to be violent

oLd_KaiNry
11-08-2006, 07:00 PM
shit makes me sick....

how can u do that to someone...

ElusiveFugitive
11-08-2006, 07:16 PM
sorry to hear about your friend Crook...thats just plain fucked up

benzo
11-08-2006, 07:58 PM
God rest his soul, RIP. My night just got fucked up for real....

EAGLE EYE
11-09-2006, 12:39 AM
That aint right. And the sentence that those two got is way too short..

tommytootone
11-09-2006, 08:43 AM
This was a light sentence. They should have gotten life for what they have done. Maybe they will get their's in prison.

Sexy Jasper
11-09-2006, 08:52 AM
I once had an ex murdered...

oh shit, that came out wrong.

Inspectah_Dirk
11-09-2006, 04:13 PM
wtf..that shit makes me mad. those guys should be tortured to death. sick fucks.
Hope they get the anal rape by a big guy named Brutus in jail.

rip

mashqauck
11-09-2006, 08:27 PM
fucking faggots should burn for that

why the fuck is there a reason to even do that?