PDA

View Full Version : R&B Crooner Gerald Levert Dies at 40

BLACKNEFERTITI07
11-11-2006, 06:40 PM
If Noone made a post or mentioned this, I"ll make mention of it.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/News/Oct06/geraldlevert_150.jpg

NEW YORK -- Gerald Levert (http://music.msn.com/artist/?artist=16074217), the fiery singer of passionate R&B love songs and the son of O'Jays (http://music.msn.com/artist/?artist=16080637) singer Eddie Levert, died on Friday. He was 40.
His label, Atlantic Records, confirmed that Levert died at his home in Cleveland, Ohio.
"
All of us at Atlantic are shocked and deeply saddened by his untimely death. He was one of the greatest voices of our time, who sang with unmatched soulfulness and power, as well as a tremendously gifted composer and an accomplished producer," the statement read.

Dan Bomeli, public relations manager at University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center in suburban Cleveland, said Levert had been brought to the hospital. Bomeli said Levert had died but he had no further details.

Over his two-decade music career, Levert sold millions of albums and had numerous R&B hits.

Levert first gained fame in 1986 as a member of the R&B trio LeVert, which also included his brother, Sean, and childhood friend Marc Gordon. They quickly racked up hits like "(Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop) Goes My Mind," "Casanova," and "Baby I'm Ready."

But Gerald Levert's voice powerful and soulful, almost a carbon copy of his father's was always the focal point, and in 1991, he made his solo debut with the album "Private Line," which included a hit duet with his dad, "Baby Hold on to Me." His father also recorded the successful album "Father & Son."

Levert was known for his sensual, romantic songs, but unlike a Luther Vandross (http://music.msn.com/artist/?artist=16075105), whose voice and songs were more genteel, Levert's music was explosive and raw his 2002 album was titled "The G Spot."

Though Levert was successful as a solo singer, in 1997 he got into group mode again joining with R&B singers Johnny Gill and Keith Sweat for the supergroup of LSG. The self-titled album sold more than two million copies, and their hits included the sensual "My Body." Levert also worked with other artists as a songwriter and producer.

His most recent album was 2005's "Voices."

Levert had four children

Any positive thoughts about this?? I'm still in shock to hear that this soulful star that could sing the roof off died Friday.

BLACKNEFERTITI07
11-12-2006, 03:06 AM
:'( :'( :'o :'o :'o :'( :'o :'( :'( :'o :'( :'o :'( :'o :'( :'o :'( :'( How R U Doing 2day? ?!?!?!?! :'o :'o :'o :'( :'( :'( :'( :'o :'( :'o :'( :'o :'o :'( :mmmyah:

i'm fine now. still in shock to hear that Gerald Levert has died. he was such a great artist and i loved all his songs when he was with LSG( Levert, Sweat, Gill) , as a solo artist and with his group Levert with his brother Sean and their friend Marc Gordan.

noone will ever replace him or his smooth powerful voice. HE will be missed by all of his fans around the world.

anyone have anymore positive thoughts about Gerald Levert or were there any fans of his music?????

Lil' Ruger
11-12-2006, 03:12 AM
i've known this for awhile BUT you cannot display affection or THEY will come.....

TeknicelStylez
11-12-2006, 03:45 AM
I hope you're next

Lil' Ruger
11-12-2006, 03:48 AM
^^^co-sign

Inspectah_Dirk
11-12-2006, 07:26 AM
Lol, never heard of the guy. Dont really care either. And yes...when will u be next? Oh and btw, i think Wu-Matic was being sarcastic.

Sexy Jasper
11-12-2006, 07:29 AM
:'( :'( :'o :'o :'o :'( :'o :'( :'( :'o :'( :'o :'( :'o :'( :'o :'( :'( How R U Doing 2day? ?!?!?!?! :'o :'o :'o :'( :'( :'( :'( :'o :'( :'o :'( :'o :'o :'( :mmmyah:HAHAAHAAAAHAAAA

EAGLE EYE
11-12-2006, 07:39 AM
why is this dude still making threads?

Inspectah_Dirk
11-12-2006, 07:41 AM
I wish we wouldnt have to share the air we breathe on this planet with this cunt.

Gawd
11-12-2006, 10:42 AM
why is this dude still making threads?

agreed.....why?

Jeru
11-12-2006, 11:00 AM
I wish we wouldnt have to share the air we breathe on this planet with this cunt.
co-sign

hectis
11-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Rip

hectis
11-12-2006, 12:58 PM
[quote=BLACKNEFERTITI07;645021]If Noone made a post or mentioned this, I"ll make mention of it.quote]

why would u even start off by saying something like that? and u wounder why they get mad and diss u all the time

BLACKNEFERTITI07
11-12-2006, 03:46 PM
[quote=BLACKNEFERTITI07;645021]If Noone made a post or mentioned this, I"ll make mention of it.quote]

why would u even start off by saying something like that? and u wounder why they get mad and diss u all the time

FIRST OF ALL HECTIS, i came on here with the intention that someone made a post about Gerald Levert's death or noone even knew that he died. so i took the time out and made the post myself since noone else did. for you to come at me and say some stupid SHIT like this is a real low blow.

and second, thefirst part of the post that i made before i made mention of Gerald Levert's death in my thread way was not to be taken as a DISS! NOONE MADE THE POST BUT ME AND ONLY ME ON HERE. SO GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT LAME ASS SHIT CAUSE I'M NOT IN THE MOOD FOR OLD BULLSHIT FROM YOU OR ANYONE ELSE ON HERE !!!!!!!! I JUST CAME ON HERE WITH THIS THREAD AND WITH THE EXCEPTION OF YOU AND ME, FOLKS HAVE JUST TAKEN THIS THREAD OUT OF LINE AND NOT PAY RESPECTS TO GERALD LEVERT OR MADE ANY POSTITIVE THOUGHTS ABOUT HIM OR HIS MUSIC.

AND I'M SORRY IF MY LETTERS ARE IN BOLD RED, PLEASE EXCUSE THAT I'M JUST TIRED AND PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW

BLACKNEFERTITI07
11-12-2006, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=BLACKNEFERTITI07;645601][QUOTE=hectis;645510]

FIRST OF ALL HECTIS, i came on here with the intention that someone made a post about Gerald Levert's death or noone even knew that he died. so i took the time out and made the post myself since noone else did. for you to come at me and say some stupid SHIT like this is a real low blow.

and second, thefirst part of the post that i made before i made mention of Gerald Levert's death in my thread way was not to be taken as a DISS! NOONE MADE THE POST BUT ME AND ONLY ME ON HERE. SO GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT LAME ASS SHIT CAUSE I'M NOT IN THE MOOD FOR OLD BULLSHIT FROM YOU OR ANYONE ELSE ON HERE !!!!!!!! I JUST CAME ON HERE WITH THIS THREAD AND WITH THE EXCEPTION OF YOU AND ME, FOLKS HAVE JUST TAKEN THIS THREAD OUT OF LINE AND NOT PAY RESPECTS TO GERALD LEVERT OR MADE ANY POSTITIVE THOUGHTS ABOUT HIM OR HIS MUSIC.

AND I'M SORRY IF MY LETTERS ARE IN BOLD RED, PLEASE EXCUSE THAT I'M JUST TIRED AND PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW :

EAGLE EYE
11-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Alright everyone, lets make this sorry excuse of a thread 17 pages of e-beef

BLACKNEFERTITI07
11-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Alright everyone, lets make this sorry excuse of a thread 17 pages of e-beef

HOW IN THE HELL IS THIS E-BEEF BRO??? EXPLAIN THAT SHIT TO ME?? ALL I DID WAS MAKE A POST ABOUT GERALD LEVERT'S PASSING AND STUPID ASS NIGGAS ON HERE WITHTHE EXECTPJUST POSTED UP STUPID SHIT WITHOUT EEN READING MY THREAD AND SAYING SOME POSTITVE THOUGHTS ABOUT GERALD LEVERT OR HIS MUSIC OR TALENTS LIKE I DID.

IF THERE'S A MODERATOR ON HERE, PLEASE DELETE MY THRAD CAUSE IT WAS JUST A WASTE OF TIME FOR ME TO EVEN BRING THIS UP!!!!!!!

maestro wooz
11-12-2006, 04:11 PM
now we just need your other account aka dane to post in here to make it a classsic.

Unforgiven
11-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Seriously, ya'll need to what me and Eric did along time ago...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/ThaGeniuz/pwned.jpg

36chambers
11-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Damn, everytime I see your posts shychica, your always shouting or arguing with someone. You on the rag 24/7? Your out of here, go find another forum to haunt with your... whatever it is.

TeknicelStylez
11-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Shut the fuck up skank

Unforgiven
11-12-2006, 04:25 PM
YEEEEAH! 36 done did it!

TeknicelStylez
36 is the man, I hope shy bitch cries when she sees the ban screen

Sexy Jasper
[quote=hectis;645510]

AND I'M SORRY IF MY LETTERS ARE IN BOLD RED, PLEASE EXCUSE THAT I'M JUST TIRED AND PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW
Do you realize why people say those things? Because you're a drama queen and they love it.

MsRzaRecTaH
11-12-2006, 06:07 PM
MHmm.... interesting..

IrOnMaN
11-13-2006, 08:38 AM
R.i.p.