PDA

View Full Version : Why Are Americans So Close Minded When.....

TAURO
11-15-2006, 10:28 PM
It comes to european hip hop?

I don't mean to make such a general statement and I know that there are a few people here that do check it out but why are the majority so unwilling to give it a chance?

For example when a thread opens up talking about some good uk hip hop, it's always the same people that post, alot of the americans here just tend to ignore the thread altogether.

I love hip hop in all it's cultural diversion and I know that there are people here that feel the same but all I want to do is understand why they don't give it a chance, if someone ups a track or a link to a vid on you tube they should post a comment wheather it's a positive or negative, at least give it a chance.

I will give the americans here the opportunity to give there opinions on a track so here we go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SOQKmDjGc8&mode=related&search=
Arms Length - Metropolotics

Longbongcilvaringz
11-15-2006, 10:31 PM
because they are from the birthplace of hip hop.

i guess they dont feel the need to widen their hip hop percpective.

tekunique
11-15-2006, 10:32 PM
americans are close minded with hip hop comin out in other parts of the states...lol let alone oversees...... especially NYC.. when you from the place that started it all, its kinda hard to accept that its relevant... of course this is a based term. you have no right to judge without givnin it a shot.

P-Noid Brown
11-15-2006, 10:33 PM
America is afraid of different, they are affraid of change... their emotions are cowardly devine.... point blank.. they need to open their hearts and minds in unison as one to develop that 3rd eye.

TAURO
11-15-2006, 10:36 PM
So what is your opinion on european/world hip hop P Noid?

Visionz
11-15-2006, 10:39 PM
I checked a couple of videos you had in your other thread. I can tell the dudes you posted got talent but the accents just annoy the shit outta me and stops me from being able to really get into it. I've heard some French emcee who've had a dope cadence and flow but then I can't understand what they're saying so that kills my interest as well.

There's so much variety in American hip-hop alone that it's going to cover for whatever mood I happen to be in, so there's just not much incentive to go beyond that.

EAGLE EYE
11-15-2006, 10:39 PM
This doesnt apply to me cuz I have "World According to RZA" and I think possibly a loop troop album somewhere ....

Kenny Powers
11-15-2006, 10:41 PM
cause they speak what we know...

TSA
11-15-2006, 10:42 PM
cause europe ain't got Rakim

SickSide
11-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Gubi never saw a black guy

snapple
well european has not exposure here first of all....i dont think i could name an MC from europe....

TSA
also europeans don't understand the concept of corny ass niggas ...looptroop...the fuck is that?

TAURO
I checked a couple of videos you had in your other thread. I can tell the dudes you posted got talent but the accents just annoy the shit outta me and stops me from being able to really get into it. I've heard some French emcee who've had a dope cadence and flow but then I can't understand what they're saying so that kills my interest as well.

There's so much variety in American hip-hop alone that it's going to cover for whatever mood I happen to be in, so there's just not much incentive to go beyond that.

Thats a fair enough statement but what about hip hop from other reigons of america? I mean people there have different accents also so in that respect whats the difference?

TAURO
11-15-2006, 10:48 PM
cause they speak what we know...

What does that mean?

cause europe ain't got Rakim

LOL....true but we have got some future Rakims

Gubi never saw a black guy

:?

well european has not exposure here first of all....i dont think i could name an MC from europe....

Thats true but in this day and age nothing is limited because of the internet, I have been exposed to some great groups that I may not have discovered before.

snapple
11-15-2006, 10:52 PM
lets be real man, most people i know who are involved in the hiphop community do not come on fourms or anything...the only thing they do on the internet is the myspace and AIM thing.....but yea like u said the people who are willing to can find it on the internet, but a lot of people dont have the time or energy to be coming onto websites and to dig like that....there is not one big euro artist who is recognized in america.

nychibahawk
11-15-2006, 10:53 PM
yo well for one bein influenced by ali g i just cant take any british mc seriously

i cant be listenin to somthin i have to decipher be it another accent, irrelevant slang, or fuckin retard intelligent lyrics... keith murray was nice with big words but ppl try to make big words into even bigger shit... and its like yo.. chill

Visionz
11-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Thats a fair enough statement but what about hip hop from other reigons of america? I mean people there have different accents also so in that respect whats the difference? You know I tried to analyze my own reaction to it like "Why the fuck does it bother you so much?" ya know? I think its how yall pronounce your vowels. They tend to hold 'em too long or something. It's different than the difference between Cali to NY to Texas.

SickSide
11-15-2006, 10:56 PM
theres some nice uk mcs man Klashnekoff, Jehst etc

TAURO
11-15-2006, 10:57 PM
yo well for one bein influenced by ali g i just cant take any british mc seriously

i cant be listenin to somthin i have to decipher be it another accent, irrelevant slang, or fuckin retard intelligent lyrics... keith murray was nice with big words but ppl try to make big words into even bigger shit... and its like yo.. chill

You lost me with this post, wtf has Ali G got to do with anything?
1. he is not an mc and 2. he is not even a real person.

Keith Murray is american so whats with that?

TAURO
11-15-2006, 10:59 PM
You know I tried to analyze my own reaction to it like "Why the fuck does it bother you so much?" ya know? I think its how yall pronounce your vowels. They tend to hold 'em too long or something. It's different than the difference between Cali to NY to Texas.

So it is simply a question of the accent, nothing else? the Beats the lyrics?

I used to think maybe the british slang just went over peoples heads, I could understand that for sure.

Visionz
11-15-2006, 11:08 PM
So it is simply a question of the accent, nothing else? the Beats the lyrics?

I used to think maybe the british slang just went over peoples heads, I could understand that for sure.

The beats is good, no accents lol. Slang does play a part, to me it just kinda ties in w/ the accent, but its more accent than slang. You have to use shit in context w/ hip-hop that's outta region even if you stayin in the states so that's not that big a deal to me.

And you know, I dont have the same hang-ups with British rock, Led Zepplin, the Beatles, etc people loose their accents when they sing. So in short, its gotta be the accents.

TAURO
11-15-2006, 11:15 PM
The beats is good, no accents lol. Slang does play a part, to me it just kinda ties in w/ the accent, but its more accent than slang. You have to use shit in context w/ hip-hop that's outta region even if you stayin in the states so that's not that big a deal to me.

And you know, I dont have the same hang-ups with British rock, Led Zepplin, the Beatles, etc people loose their accents when they sing. So in short, its gotta be the accents.

I always thought that too about singers, british R&B for example does quite well in the states.

Although im sure people wouldn't take it to well if british mc's rhymed in an american accent which is very easy to do given our influence.
Yet Cilvaringz who is from Holland rhymes in an american accent yet people say nothing and just accept it because he is wu-tang.

WuTangWarrior
11-15-2006, 11:22 PM
theres many reasons y man.....and some of them dont concern me, this is what i think that prevents Americans the most-

- We're self-centered, we wanna hear someones thats from our Country/Area and representing it in their music.
- Most people wanna hear shit from the streets... no one really knows much about the streets of London or w/e.
- We might find accents funny.
- People probably think that these Euro rappers haven't been through shit and they're fake.
- Euro rappers have about the same skill as the underground American rappers, both of which the majority of people in America dont really care about much anymore.

theres many more but im a lil tired, ill check this thread in the morn

Visionz
11-15-2006, 11:25 PM
I always thought that too about singers, british R&B for example does quite well in the states.

Although im sure people wouldn't take it to well if british mc's rhymed in an american accent which is very easy to do given our influence.
Yet Cilvaringz who is from Holland rhymes in an american accent yet people say nothing and just accept it because he is wu-tang. I don't see it like that. I wouldn't give a shit if a British guy looses his accent when he raps. I don't think anyone else here would either. I'd think it'd bother other Brits more than it would Americans.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
11-15-2006, 11:28 PM
the accents throw everyone off point blank

TAURO
11-15-2006, 11:29 PM
theres many reasons y man.....and some of them dont concern me, this is what i think that prevents Americans the most-

- We're self-centered, we wanna hear someones thats from our Country/Area and representing it in their music.
- Most people wanna hear shit from the streets... no one really knows much about the streets of London or w/e.
- We might find accents funny.
- People probably think that these Euro rappers haven't been through shit and they're fake. Yet alot of the mainstream american rappers are fake, this seems ironic.
- Euro rappers have about the same skill as the underground American rappers, both of which the majority of people in America dont really care about much anymore.

theres many more but im a lil tired, ill check this thread in the morn

At least you are honest, but yeah come back and give a proper rundown.

maestro wooz
11-15-2006, 11:31 PM
1. I dont understand how you can like hip hop that you can't understand, master of ceremony, youre supposed to be able to hear and listen to what theyre saying. I'll nod my head and maybe they have good cadence and whatever, but youre supposed to be able to understand it.

2. I tend to have a bad view on euro hip hop fans. Too many of them in my experience, even the "real" hip hop fans, think youre being hip hop if you rock baggy clothes, wear headphones around, and say peace. Tends to slant my view of europe and hip hop being together. Although i'm sure there's some real emcees over there, i'm not inclined to listen to them.

TAURO
11-15-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't see it like that. I wouldn't give a shit if a British guy looses his accent when he raps. I don't think anyone else here would either. I'd think it'd bother other Brits more than it would Americans.

Yep if mc's here use an american accent they would get ripped apart, over here people are very adamant about keeping it british, even if that means developing our own style of music based on hip hop....It's called Grime

This seems to be the barrier.

11-15-2006, 11:33 PM
What is Grime really? What seperates it from Hip Hop?

TAURO
11-15-2006, 11:34 PM
1. I dont understand how you can like hip hop that you can't understand, master of ceremony, youre supposed to be able to hear and listen to what theyre saying. I'll nod my head and maybe they have good cadence and whatever, but youre supposed to be able to understand it.

2. I tend to have a bad view on euro hip hop fans. Too many of them in my experience, even the "real" hip hop fans, think youre being hip hop if you rock baggy clothes, wear headphones around, and say peace. Tends to slant my view of europe and hip hop being together. Although i'm sure there's some real emcees over there, i'm not inclined to listen to them.

Have you been to any country in europe?

TAURO
11-15-2006, 11:39 PM
What is Grime really? What seperates it from Hip Hop?

This is Grime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRylUJKVMes&mode=related&search=

Heres a proper vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E39RC0ZeYXc&mode=related&search=

More grime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrtvBnhQLwA&mode=related&search=

Bedlam
11-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah, just repeating a few points already brought up here... If i can't understand it, I'm not gonna like it, so that rules out all Euro hip hop except UK. And UK shit, I hate the accent, I hate the british way of speaking, it just sounds really corny when they rap. I kno yall don't agree, but there's nothing that could change my mind.

maestro wooz
11-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Have you been to any country in europe?

i have actually, but most of my observations are made from this website and others i post on. It's a quite limited insight ill admit. But it's the same thing euros have on their knowledge of hip hop. Music videos and what they see on commercials. In my opinion there's a certain disconnect if what you know is what you see on t.v.

TAURO
11-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Yeah, just repeating a few points already brought up here... If i can't understand it, I'm not gonna like it, so that rules out all Euro hip hop except UK. And UK shit, I hate the accent, I hate the british way of speaking, it just sounds really corny when they rap. I kno yall don't agree, but there's nothing that could change my mind.

You know what the problem I think Bedlam, Americans have been fed too much british romantic comedies and Austin Powers, this shit needs to change, im from london and I can tell you now that it is a city with a lot of poverty and crime, all that hugh grant business is bullshit, there are ghettos here in every corner of the city, alot of mc's that spit truly come from these deprived areas. I think it's the image you get when you hear us rap more than anything else, thats what bothers you really.

TAURO
11-16-2006, 12:03 AM
i have actually, but most of my observations are made from this website and others i post on. It's a quite limited insight ill admit. But it's the same thing euros have on their knowledge of hip hop. Music videos and what they see on commercials. In my opinion there's a certain disconnect if what you know is what you see on t.v.

But the internet allows you to see everything, if you check uk hip hop is all over you tube.

I probably know more than you think regarding hip hop from the states, mainly because the net allows me to keep up with the latest.

maestro wooz
11-16-2006, 12:31 AM
would you consider yourself an average euro hip hop fan?

snapple
11-16-2006, 12:32 AM
You know what the problem I think Bedlam, Americans have been fed too much british romantic comedies and Austin Powers, this shit needs to change, im from london and I can tell you now that it is a city with a lot of poverty and crime, all that hugh grant business is bullshit, there are ghettos here in every corner of the city, alot of mc's that spit truly come from these deprived areas. I think it's the image you get when you hear us rap more than anything else, thats what bothers you really.

well in america these days nobody really cares about street credibility...

J-Cee
11-16-2006, 12:37 AM
some americans are close minded when it comes to everything...like for example being from Australia 70% of americans id come across on the internet think that Kangaroos are everywhere,that there basically no crime in Australia and its all white people or something...lol.I guess they are just too caught up in themselves and how great USA is that they dont bother with shit from other countries.

maestro wooz
11-16-2006, 01:17 AM
everybody wants america to care about their country. The father has no favorite child, we treat you all the same.

i've got alot of respect for that grime shit though. I wasn't feeling it too much, but thats what this shit is about. You dont just bite some other countries culture, you take that shit, flip the script, put your own imprint on it, and go places with it. Grime is okay with me.

TAURO
11-16-2006, 05:00 AM
would you consider yourself an average euro hip hop fan?

I don't even know what that means?

TAURO
11-16-2006, 05:03 AM
well in america these days nobody really cares about street credibility...

I doubt that some how since peoples intergrity is constantly being challenged over there like when the game was exposed for being on a dating show and not being a real blood and what not.

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
11-16-2006, 06:23 AM
to me if the accent is to strong it ruins the song ......but i agree there are dope emcees out there in the european region

snapple
11-16-2006, 09:12 AM
I doubt that some how since peoples intergrity is constantly being challenged over there like when the game was exposed for being on a dating show and not being a real blood and what not.

oh ras kass gimick....please get the fuck outta here, if you're not over here then dont act like you know....

sonny getz
11-16-2006, 11:34 AM
the only "rappers" that get any kind of exposure over here are acts like lady sovereign and the streets, neither of which are very interesting. i don't have any doubt that there's alot of good hiphop coming out of europe, the only serious mc that i've heard from over there was mc solaar, but i couldn't even find his cd here in the us. on the other hand, there's a couple european mc's who live in america who are well liked and respected (i'm thinking primarily of slick rick and mf doom, but there's probably more).

so to answer your question, it's easy (especially for americans, since there's so much going on here) to shit on things that they don't know anything about. it's fucked up but that's just what happens.

TAURO
11-16-2006, 12:39 PM
oh ras kass gimick....please get the fuck outta here, if you're not over here then dont act like you know....

Why the fuck are you getting so confrontational on me? maybe I used a bad example but nearly everything I see on mc's in america is someone trying to expose the other one as a fake, like in freestyles and other shit. My intention is not to try and change your mind into likeing euro/british hip hop but to silmply find out why americans choose to ignore it for the most part. So in conclusion if you can't have a straight conversation the stay the fuck out of this thread ok?.

I liked that one, happen to have an mp3?

However, I found those grime videos (I checked the first two, for about a minute into each) completely unlistenable.

I remember a while back I downloaded off a thread on here some Jehst songs, I think Roots Manuvaand a few other songs. I just didn't like them, simple and plain. Not saying they lack talent, they don't. Just a difference in taste. There's numerous of factors outside of music that would cause fans from different areas of the same music to like/dislike the same song (structure of culture, other forms of entertainment, family, etc.).

I've got a question for you though, I think you could answer it. What's the difference between the different accents in England?

I'm pretty sure you could distinguish a southern American accent by a northeastern one, but I couldn't do the same of a Brit's accent.

Ok, that track by Arms Length is dope but unfortunatly I don't have it, I wish I did but it has eluded me for a couple of years, be sure that when I get it I will pass it along to you.

Regarding the grime music....lol I will be honest even I couldn't understand what they where saying, the freestyle was one thing but the second video unfortunatly was a in poor condition but I couldn't find a better version but imo it was the best example of what grime is like. For the record I don't like grime, there are a few tracks that I like but for me it's hip hop all the way.

Regarding the accents yes I can tell the difference between the different types in the states but that is because over here we are exposed to a lot more american things than vise versa.

I think you would definatly be able to tell the difference between the accents here, you just think you don't because you haven't been exposed to that many, if you came here you could easily.

morgan
11-16-2006, 05:38 PM

fucking dumbass comment, Ali G is a pisstake character for fools like you... i bet you think every Englishmen speaks like the quenn n'all hahaha

-Mad Skillz-
11-16-2006, 07:40 PM

Yeah, because in North America every hip-hop fan is rocking dress shirts and speaking proper english. Rock baggy clothes? Funny, cant say I've ever seen North American hip-hop fans rocking XXXXL jerseys and tall-tees...oh wait...that describes about 70% of the North American hip-hop fanbase.

xHard to Earnx
11-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I hate foreign accents.

Visionz
11-16-2006, 11:46 PM
http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28948
What do yall think about this cut here? Ol' boy is right here on the Corp and is British but his flow is slowed down, atleast for this cut......And to be honest. it don't annoy me the way the accent usually does.

Do you think it'd be a lot more tolerable if British dudes slowed down the pace something like he did in this track? Post some feeds on what you think. peace

TAURO
11-17-2006, 02:28 AM
What do yall think about this cut here? Ol' boy is right here on the Corp and is British but his flow is slowed down, atleast for this cut......And to be honest. it don't annoy me the way the accent usually does.

Do you think it'd be a lot more tolerable if British dudes slowed down the pace something like he did in this track? Post some feeds on what you think. peace

It just sounds like about 90% of the hip hop I have been talking about, clearly I think Eric you just haven't heard enough uk hip hop to make an accurate assumption as to wheather you you like it or not, althought it should be noted that the mc was rhyming in time with the beat so it clearly depends on what type of beat he rhymes to.

Heres a track by one of the dopest mc's in london, here he rhymes on a slow beat so have a look and tell me what you think..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRu_OA0r0RM

Lil' Ruger
11-17-2006, 02:43 AM
americans are close minded with hip hop comin out in other parts of the states...lol let alone oversees...... especially NYC.. when you from the place that started it all, its kinda hard to accept that its relevant... of course this is a based term. you have no right to judge without givnin it a shot.

personally i dont really like all this shit that is coming from the south its not only making rap look bad its basically dogging luda....outkast..etc... its pathetic.... to me but w/e european hip-hop hmmm well i havent heard much but idc if they do it or not.....

who's going to stop them? i mean they should do there thing hip-hop rap w/e is universal i mean NYC is always going to be in my mind birthplace of the BEST MC"s ....wu-tang.....rakim....etc...

if europeans were to rap and rap about ghettos i wouldnt care much either because there arent just ghettos in the USA and there are not many ghettos in africa since everyones poor in the first place but i must admit if a eruopean raped about there bling......i'd prolly die of laughter.

GSTYLE
11-17-2006, 02:56 AM
I do think GENERALLY SPEAKING that a lot of american fans can be a little closed minded and fickle, hence why someone can sell 4mil one album, and not go gold on the next, whereas in europe artisis tend to be a lot more consistent and have a loyal fanbase. That is why Wu is a fairly consistent seller in europe whereas the world knows whats happened to them in america over the years. Maybe its Eruopes detachment from what is 'cool' in America at the time and we therefore purchase music from artists we are fans of, irrespective of whether they are hot or not in america. SAme reason why new fads dont tend to explode in europe the same way as in america, only the biggest rap fans will know who Paul Wall, Lil Wayne etc are even tho the south is explodin in America. thats just my take on it anyway

Golden_Armz
11-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Peace,

first of all theres alot of hate against UK Mc's on here, i cant speak of other countries from europe but i can speak on UK. First of all if u dont understand the lyrics because the accent is different then ur just DUMB str8 up...we talkin f-kin english and thats all there is to it.

Someone here said "i hate all foreign accents"....um lets get somethin str8 here, if u speaking ENGLISH in your country of America then YOUR accent is foreign lol....its not a big deal but you can easily rebuke ignorance with more ignorance...you speaking the english that came from Britain, that was brought to the lands ravaged by your forefathers.

people that get pissed of wit UK accents are probly talkin about the "cockney" style which im not really feelin' myself but u obviously havent checked other peoples work on here, no one i work with raps cockney we rap str8, and theres a hunger here which is lost in mainstream hip hop in the states, with their materialism..

America is the birthpace of hip hop and its king...all the best MCs have come from US (apart from slick rick) but that dont mean 20 years later thats still the case, when i was in NY 3 years ago, all i herd bumpin from car speakers was Usher and Lil Jons "YEAH!" WHEN DAT TUNE WAS OLD NEWAYS, i heard NO real hip hop, and i was there for 2 months, the radio played "Lean Back" the whole summer....

when i popped in "only built 4 cuban linx" to the system where i was workin the puerto rican brother was like "oh shit i aint heard this in years!"

so dat ignorance gotta stop, see more of the UK scene before you comment!!!

oLd_KaiNry
11-17-2006, 10:44 AM
America is afraid of different, they are affraid of change... their emotions are cowardly devine.... point blank.. they need to open their hearts and minds in unison as one to develop that 3rd eye.

co-sign

TAURO
11-17-2006, 10:44 AM
personally i dont really like all this shit that is coming from the south its not only making rap look bad its basically dogging luda....outkast..etc... its pathetic.... to me but w/e european hip-hop hmmm well i havent heard much but idc if they do it or not.....

who's going to stop them? i mean they should do there thing hip-hop rap w/e is universal i mean NYC is always going to be in my mind birthplace of the BEST MC"s ....wu-tang.....rakim....etc...

if europeans were to rap and rap about ghettos i wouldnt care much either because there arent just ghettos in the USA and there are not many ghettos in africa since everyones poor in the first place but i must admit if a eruopean raped about there bling......i'd prolly die of laughter.

Pimptastic this is some of the realest shit you have ever said during your time in the corp, coming from a thirteen year old you just dropped some knowledge.....well done, hopefully it's not a fluke.

oLd_KaiNry
11-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah, because in North America every hip-hop fan is rocking dress shirts and speaking proper english. Rock baggy clothes? Funny, cant say I've ever seen North American hip-hop fans rocking XXXXL jerseys and tall-tees...oh wait...that describes about 70% of the North American hip-hop fanbase.

lol

oLd_KaiNry
11-17-2006, 10:50 AM
some americans are close minded when it comes to everything...like for example being from Australia 70% of americans id come across on the internet think that Kangaroos are everywhere,that there basically no crime in Australia and its all white people or something...lol.I guess they are just too caught up in themselves and how great USA is that they dont bother with shit from other countries.

so true

when i came back home from france ppl wouldnt belive me i saw black french dudes...

i think it will be cool if this hip-hop buisness would become international... like pop music and shit

Prolifical ENG
11-17-2006, 11:02 AM
I thought its because the retail hip-hop albums are hard to find in stores in North America from Europe....only Rock mostly...UK rock is sick.

Its the same thing why almost no one listened to southern hip-hop other than the southern states....those old eightball, convicts, al kapone, k-rino etc were hard to find in the stores anywhere else.

Even where I live, I wanted some Ray Cash and Tech n9ne...they dont sell them here around Toronto....when I go to a record store in Michigan, Ohio, or upstate NY, they have all of the midwest artists.

TAURO
11-17-2006, 11:20 AM
^^^But there is the internet, you tube acts as a great way to view foreign vids while places like ebay enable you to get hold of such albums.

TSA
11-17-2006, 01:08 PM

...or europe is just corny.

TSA
11-17-2006, 01:12 PM
WAIT! SLICK RICKS A EUROPEAN RAPPER! lol it kind just restruck me, and his accent is the BOMB DIGGITY, so there, we're not close minded, you just need to all sound like slick rick.lol

Gawd
11-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Why do ppl generalize? its so closed minded of them.

Prolifical ENG
11-17-2006, 01:30 PM
^^^But there is the internet, you tube acts as a great way to view foreign vids while places like ebay enable you to get hold of such albums.

Then I guess the internet isnt as much of a widely used tool as people think when discovering new music.

Regardless of what the actual statistic is, more people still get their albums from their local stores rather than ordering them online.

UNCLE RUCKUS
11-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Im an american from nyc; and Im open minded enough I guess. I like Roots Manuva alot; some TaskForce some others. The accent is definately an acquired taste. Musically I think there are alot of talented producers/DJs from europe/asia/africa I know DJ Krush is a genius; DJ Flip from Ireland is pretty nice...

snapple
11-17-2006, 02:25 PM
yea word up i know more DJs/Producers from outside of america, they hold it down for sure kwu brings up a good point

ThereisnoG.O.A.Tok
11-17-2006, 03:32 PM
If you enjoy itthen thump it ifyou don't dump it. I don't look for people to accept my favorite artist. I will tell you this your music isn't all that easy to get. I'm not going to go out an dbuy an album that has some Euro dude on it and he say he spit flames. It will take more than one album for me to like you. You have to get my attention with more than just a song. anyone can do one hot song. But and ALbum? How about atleast 75% of your entire collection. ican over look your accent it's your message. I don't want to hear you spite about something that was pre spit before. New ideas, new everything. I dont' care about the Euro streets, I have to live in the American streets thankyou very much. I don't care about your struggle if it's not idenical to mind. I don't care about what you have to say if I can't listen to the song and see tha tyou are going through what I am going through or I can use your lyrics as a means of confort in the storm. That's why I don't like American Crime raps to much because I"m not a criminal, don''t do drugs,a nd don't gangbang but I am Pro black and I do like to see my people grow...

TAURO
11-17-2006, 05:50 PM
When I started this thread my intention was not for it to become a we are better than you retarded debate, nor was it my intention to convince the americans here to start liking euro/british hip hop. I simply wanted to know why americans seem to never give outside hip hop a chance but also given the chance to hear some of the better stuff coming from the uk, what did they think? and could you see yourself maybe getting into it?

It had been stated here by many people that the main reason americans (well you lot anyway) find it difficult to vibe with is because of the accent which to me is a fair point and I know exactly what they mean, even here living in london I can't really listen to hip hop from other reigons in the uk BECAUSE of the accent, it does put you off.

Others have stated that it's because americans are so self absorbed in their own shit that they just have no time to bother with anything else. Yet americans fully accept our Rock,R&B, Dance and Pop music no problem. It could be argued that through singing the accents are lost therefore making things more accesible for the american markets.

One point which a couple of people have brought up which to me seemed completley retarded was that they would not listen to euro hip hop because they are not talking about their ghettos with their american problems..........well let me ask people this, if that is the case why do you go and watch movies like City Of God? Is that not the story of ghettos in another country with their own problems? why give a shit?

Poverty and crime is the same around the world, ghettos may come in different shapes and sizes but deep down they are all the same.

Prolifical ENG
11-17-2006, 06:28 PM
I've heard Lily Allen's pop album called "Alright Still"...her singles have topped the charts in the Uk, and top 40 in some other European countries, but in North America she is non-existant.

Although her style is kinda goofy....she was still kinda funny and probably has a good teen fanbase in Uk. I liked the reggae fusion in the music.

I only heard the album because my boy that works for EMI/Virgin records had some copies and he was selling to stores. He said that its too bad shes not going to be discovered in North America. I don't think I have seen that album in the store...only a box in his trunk.

TAURO
11-17-2006, 06:33 PM
^^^Sorry but I have no idea who she is.

Prolifical ENG
11-17-2006, 06:35 PM
^^^Sorry but I have no idea who she is.

She was probably on the radio non-stop in the U.K....you probably heard her singles when you were out and about in public but just didnt know her name.

oLd_KaiNry
11-17-2006, 06:37 PM
I thought its because the retail hip-hop albums are hard to find in stores in North America from Europe....only Rock mostly...UK rock is sick.

Its the same thing why almost no one listened to southern hip-hop other than the southern states....those old eightball, convicts, al kapone, k-rino etc were hard to find in the stores anywhere else.

Even where I live, I wanted some Ray Cash and Tech n9ne...they dont sell them here around Toronto....when I go to a record store in Michigan, Ohio, or upstate NY, they have all of the midwest artists.

in ny theres alot of morons that loves southern shit

the south is destroying the rap thing, and dont call me a hater its true, who the hell down south spit real lyrics ?

Prolifical ENG
11-17-2006, 06:40 PM
in ny theres alot of morons that loves southern shit

the south is destroying the rap thing, and dont call me a hater its true, who the hell down south spit real lyrics ?

they werent always fond of the south. no because it was hated...just not enough exposure in ny.

then i guess the question now is will Eurpean hip-hop ever get its chance to shine? some might predict right away no...but we never know.

TAURO
11-17-2006, 06:41 PM
She was probably on the radio non-stop in the U.K....you probably heard her singles when you were out and about in public but just didnt know her name.

To be honest I never listen to the radio thanks to all the bullshit that gets played, also about a couple of years ago I vowed never to pay attention to the charts again, they had some real bullshit even for pop music, since then i've kind of just blocked it out and im all the happy for it.

I don't mean to make myself sound like im musicly recluse because im not I do enjoy lots of different types of music but it has to have some meaning.

I might of heard her music out and about but im just bad at remembering music I don't really feel.

Prolifical ENG
11-17-2006, 06:46 PM
To be honest I never listen to the radio thanks to all the bullshit that gets played, also about a couple of years ago I vowed never to pay attention to the charts again, they had some real bullshit even for pop music, since then i've kind of just blocked it out and im all the happy for it.

I don't mean to make myself sound like im musicly recluse because im not I do enjoy lots of different types of music but it has to have some meaning.

I might of heard her music out and about but im just bad at remembering music I don't really feel.

regardless of what you think about the radio, the parellel case still remains that there are reasons why she only blew up in Europe.

But of course there have been stars that blew up in UK in the past....so they could still get their turn.

TAURO
11-17-2006, 06:48 PM
How big did Craig David get in america?

Prolifical ENG
11-17-2006, 06:55 PM
or the Beatles?

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
11-17-2006, 06:56 PM

sorry that the whole world don't speak in question marks

TAURO
11-17-2006, 06:59 PM
or the Beatles?

Well im guessing the Beatles had a slight impact in america.....lol.

Gawd
11-17-2006, 07:02 PM
euro rappers dont get respect because the white rappers in America have yet to be taken seriously......i mean eminem is white but thats 1 dood out of 1 million white rappers that is respected.......so once white rappers are in the norm here dont expect many to be cuddling up to the sounds of euro rappers.

TAURO
11-17-2006, 07:06 PM
euro rappers dont get respect because the white rappers in America have yet to be taken seriously......i mean eminem is white but thats 1 dood out of 1 million white rappers that is respected.......so once white rappers are in the norm here dont expect may to be cuddling up to the sounds of euro rappers.

So you are saying that the american hip hop masses won't accept outsiders because their racist/prejudiced views prevent them from accepting the minority in their culture?

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
11-17-2006, 07:07 PM
boy oh boy

here is an amazing fact for you eD! there are black people in europe aswell!

gosh!

if you don't understand french thats your problem, don't stop the music being dope and listen to big dada artists for uk shit

thats all I have to say

Gawd
11-17-2006, 07:30 PM
So you are saying that the american hip hop masses won't accept outsiders because their racist/prejudiced views prevent them from accepting the minority in their culture?

YES.

Gawd
11-17-2006, 07:31 PM
boy oh boy

here is an amazing fact for you eD! there are black people in europe aswell!

gosh!

if you don't understand french thats your problem, don't stop the music being dope and listen to big dada artists for uk shit

thats all I have to say

i have yet to listen to any euro rap....im sure there is talent there and yes there are black ppl in europe. thank you proffesor asshat.

ppl wanted to know why and i think i told em why. k?

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
11-17-2006, 07:35 PM
there are shit load of black rappers in the uk alone

that wasn't your opinion that was your ignorance as you said you don't even know what your talking about

Gawd
11-17-2006, 09:04 PM
there are shit load of black rappers in the uk alone

that wasn't your opinion that was your ignorance as you said you don't even know what your talking about

youre only seeing race in what im trying to say....so there is your ignorance. let me try and explain it better since youre so dull.

In the US....lots of ppl buy rap and hiphop albums, singles and are fans etc. Since eminem, white rappers have been a little more respected in the industry. They have a few more fans now k? So ppl are begining to have more of an open mind in the US about white rappers. Now. Give it a few more years and maybe they will become more interested in rap and hiphop from Europe. It only takes one track. A track so good or so catchy that it makes it over here and is sold over here.....get me? It takes time. As far as ppl hearing a few tracks from euro rappers and disliking the music who cares? they are allowed an opinion. if its not identical to your opinion you dont have to bitch about it.

now jump off my bawls

TAURO
11-18-2006, 01:19 AM
I see what you are saying Ed, it would take time and it would have to be that one certain song combined with the right marketing in order for it to have any impact in the states.

It's funny because I just remembered that there is a uk group called SAS who if im not mistaken are signed to Damon Dash's ROC label, they tour with people like Beanie Seigel and Kanye, the irony is though is that probably more people like them in america than they do in the uk.

maestro wooz
11-18-2006, 01:44 AM
YES.

haha, definetley. Thats why eminem is always unhappy, cause he had to go a little pop to be accepted, he had to sell records. But you see it in guys like paz, alot of them philly dudes. They get accepted, but mainstream is still hard. Long live vanilla ice's legacy.

Alesco
11-18-2006, 08:18 AM
I know this is a hip hop forum, but this has to be said...

In the TECHNO culture, USA and EUROPE brothers UNITE with each other
with TECHNO music, And its a beutafull thing man.

I guess the Hip Hop cultre has still to bridge that gap. And i hope it does...

Remember folks. Hip Hop is a great cultre, but its not the only one in the
WORLD.

PEACE

Gawd
11-18-2006, 10:30 AM
I see what you are saying Ed, it would take time and it would have to be that one certain song combined with the right marketing in order for it to have any impact in the states.

It's funny because I just remembered that there is a uk group called SAS who if im not mistaken are signed to Damon Dash's ROC label, they tour with people like Beanie Seigel and Kanye, the irony is though is that probably more people like them in america than they do in the uk.

haha, definetley. Thats why eminem is always unhappy, cause he had to go a little pop to be accepted, he had to sell records. But you see it in guys like paz, alot of them philly dudes. They get accepted, but mainstream is still hard. Long live vanilla ice's legacy.

indeed.....yawns...where is punch in punch out when i need a verbal punching bag?

morgan
11-18-2006, 11:31 AM
That group on Dipset, SAS is it? What a load of fucking garbage. Serious they are just pegging back the progress of the real deal lyricists from England and Europe etc... Does anyone in America like these fucking jokers?

Ali G probably didnt help either because most Americans didnt realise he was a complete pisstake. God its funny when Americans call him a rapper, its like calling Apollo Creed a boxing legend :)

Alesco
11-18-2006, 12:17 PM
^^ They dont know

Alesco
11-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Rap or hip hop, as they call it.........

Its music man. What do you think about when you think about Hip Hop ??

Nah man. Plz tell me..

Hip Hop music is about REAL life stuff. Yea...........

Hip hop is fuckin life in general.. You think coz you be from America, you have
the right to tell people wat hip hop is..

Nah man. Hip Hop is life son.

No matter where you live boy.

TAURO
11-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Rap or hip hop, as they call it.........

Its music man. What do you think about when you think about Hip Hop ??

Nah man. Plz tell me..

Hip Hop music is about REAL life stuff. Yea...........

Hip hop is fuckin life in general.. You think coz you be from America, you have
the right to tell people wat hip hop is..

Nah man. Hip Hop is life son.

No matter where you live boy.

I feel you man but the thing is a lot of people not just americans go by what they see on tv instead of finding the information for themselves.

Americans aren't really exposed to the everyday lifes of people in the uk, france etc like we are when it comes to them, they can't claim to have british culture exposed to them 24/7 so what happens is they just focus on their issues as a nation rather than give a fuck about whats going on in the outside world unless it affects them in someway.

Alesco
11-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Yea man. I hear ya tauro..

But most americans dont want to hear other music unless its usa style.

Sad but verry true.

We dont stress it though, Its a shame that hip hop dosent have the same
communicaition as music like TECHNO.

After all. Hip Hop is meant to be world wide

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
11-18-2006, 04:04 PM
youre only seeing race in what im trying to say....so there is your ignorance. let me try and explain it better since youre so dull.

In the US....lots of ppl buy rap and hiphop albums, singles and are fans etc. Since eminem, white rappers have been a little more respected in the industry. They have a few more fans now k? So ppl are begining to have more of an open mind in the US about white rappers. Now. Give it a few more years and maybe they will become more interested in rap and hiphop from Europe. It only takes one track. A track so good or so catchy that it makes it over here and is sold over here.....get me? It takes time. As far as ppl hearing a few tracks from euro rappers and disliking the music who cares? they are allowed an opinion. if its not identical to your opinion you dont have to bitch about it.

now jump off my bawls

you should explain yourself more fully in future

Alesco
11-18-2006, 04:15 PM
I really could not give a fuck if usa people like other music from europe.

I know people who live in america who LOVE other music in europe. (Fact)

These people are not ignorant. But as always, there are people in the usa
who are ignorant. Its like that in every country.

Just IMAGINE what it would be like if people from AFRICA never went to America. We wouldent have Hip Hop music right ??

Frank Drebin
11-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Dizzee Rascal shits all over any "rapper" from the southern states of america and anyone from the west coast of america. Fucking bubba sparks chamillionaire the chain hang low fuckfaces OH SHIT THEY'RE GREAT. Get fucked

Gawd
11-18-2006, 04:41 PM
let me try and explain it better since youre so dull.

you should explain yourself more fully in future

you saw race in my posts...if YOU didnt see that right away you may have understood what I was saying.

wise the dumb
11-18-2006, 05:09 PM
its simple cause in america,north amerikkka, 95% of rap fans like what they do because its on mtv/bet/the radio. those are the three main sources of rapmusic in north amerikkka and anywhere infact. i bet you in europe they play european artist on tv and the radio so yall get exposed to that. i got some fam in tdot on the radio they dont even play there own artist over there. they dont have many canadian artist on the radio or nothin so cats over there listen to american shit. so its all about exposure really. if a european cat breaks through then you'll have a chance to shine.

Prolifical ENG
11-18-2006, 05:14 PM
i got some fam in tdot on the radio they dont even play there own artist over there. they dont have many canadian artist on the radio or nothin so cats over there listen to american shit. so its all about exposure really. if a european cat breaks through then you'll have a chance to shine.

are you sure?

of course there are underground cats that wont get airplay on the big urban music stations in their own city....but I hear all the big T-Dot rappers on the radio all the time: K-Os, Kardinal, Saukertes, Rascalz, Choclair.....

in fact, even the non hip hop radio stations in T-Dot bump K-Os' shit

But of course there is a lot of American stuff too.

11-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Dizzee Rascal shits all over any "rapper" from the southern states of america and anyone from the west coast of america. Fucking bubba sparks chamillionaire the chain hang low fuckfaces OH SHIT THEY'RE GREAT. Get fucked

:lmao:

i've listened to Dizzee Rascal, didn't like him at all.

Chamillionaire is better than him.

oh & btw Chain Hang Low is midwest not southern

it's usually misguided & uniformed anger like this (from everyone) that is the downfall of us all

11-18-2006, 05:28 PM
are you sure?

of course there are underground cats that wont get airplay on the big urban music stations in their own city....but I hear all the big T-Dot rappers on the radio all the time: K-Os, Kardinal, Saukertes, Rascalz, Choclair.....

in fact, even the non hip hop radio stations in T-Dot bump K-Os' shit

But of course there is a lot of American stuff too.

be happy your radio is like that

here in america it's 99.9% payola controlled, the same damn songs over and over and over

Prolifical ENG
11-18-2006, 05:33 PM
be happy your radio is like that

here in america it's 99.9% payola controlled, the same damn songs over and over and over

its still like that to a large extent....but these days ive noticed that they are playing the top 10 less often. Its just that sometimes Canadian tracks are in the top 10....ive been hearing some shit that I thought would never be on the radio again.

Frank Drebin
11-18-2006, 07:09 PM
oh & btw Chain Hang Low is midwest not southern

its the same shit.

11-18-2006, 08:01 PM
and you call americans close minded lol

ya'll are exactly the same

TAURO
11-18-2006, 08:06 PM
and you call americans close minded lol

ya'll are exactly the same

Thats a silly statement, my love for hip hop was founded by american mc's, we just don't have to like some of the bullshit coming out now that passes for hip hop in your country.

11-18-2006, 08:27 PM
how can you know what "passes" as hip hop over here? do you live here? do you honestly take the charts here at face value? or do u realize it's all payola and not the voice of the streets? how can you truely know? you're just grouping together and assuming

Gawd
11-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Thats a silly statement, my love for hip hop was founded by american mc's, we just don't have to like some of the bullshit coming out now that passes for hip hop in your country.

do you listen to asian hiphop? what about israeli hiphop? what about rappers from south america? have any of their music?

Just wonderin' is all.....

TAURO
11-18-2006, 08:41 PM
how can you know what "passes" as hip hop over here? do you live here? do you honestly take the charts here at face value? or do u realize it's all payola and not the voice of the streets? how can you truely know? you're just grouping together and assuming

No I don't take the charts as face value but thanks to the net I can keep up with what you guys like there and while I do know that people have been voicing their opinions on the current state of hip hop there are still a lot of americans that blindly believe that that hyphy/snap bullshit is hip hop. Don't even deny it Tzu cos I could pull up threads from this very site with people defending that shit.

My remark was based on what you said about europeans being just as ignorant as you and while I know we are ignorant motherfuckers too we can't be ignorant towards american hip hop because that is where our love for the culture started and still remains, for me uk hip hop is just a great alternative because I can relate to it more but it doesn't mean that I think any less of the mc's that I listen too from the states.

TAURO
11-18-2006, 08:43 PM
do you listen to asian hiphop? what about israeli hiphop? what about rappers from south america? have any of their music?

I do have hip hop from south america and central america, at the mo im trying to get some brazilian and portuguese rap too.

Gawd
11-18-2006, 08:46 PM
I do have hip hop from south america and central america, at the mo im trying to get some brazilian and portuguese rap too.

is it any good or does it all sound like reggaeton?

I have a large collection of Raptor HipHop

TAURO
11-18-2006, 08:54 PM
is it any good or does it all sound like reggaeton?

I have a large collection of Raptor HipHop

No it's proper hip hop, some of the stuff I have:

Orishas (Cuban)
La Etnia (Colombian)
Payaso (Colombian)
Tres Coronas (Colombia via NY)
Camajan Club (Colombia)
Akwid (Mexico/LA)
Control Machete (Mexico)
Vico C (Puerto Rico via NY)
Mexicano 777 (Puerto Rico via NY)
And I have some more stuff from Puerto Rico too and others I can't remember at this time.

Wtf is Raptor hip hop?

Gawd
11-18-2006, 08:59 PM
dood....you've never heard of Raptor HipHop?

TAURO
11-18-2006, 09:01 PM
dood....you've never heard of Raptor HipHop?

nope

Sexy Jasper
11-18-2006, 09:08 PM
oe-17jfL3zc

Actually I wanted to post Robin Williams rapping about dinosaurs.

Sexy Jasper
11-18-2006, 09:11 PM
B29HcsBfGxw

hahahahaa

TAURO
11-18-2006, 09:11 PM
lol......ein srikn jjrekrenik jure rein nek raptor rap jeeeririr krikneken

Gawd
11-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Thank you Jasper....those Lizards are dope as shite
west coast

the insignificant
11-18-2006, 10:17 PM
i won't lie, i like to listen to lyrics, so foreign languages don't appeal to me... but my biggest hate with hip hop from non-americans, is people who put on false american accents... i hear them with europeans, australians, new zealanders, islanders, asians etc etc... i'm not interested in someone from one part of the world, acting like they are from another part of the world... you know, like dutch-morrocans talking and using slang like they were there in staten island or brooklyn during the pre-36 chambers days...

the insignificant
11-18-2006, 10:35 PM
and also, why do americans have to give everything a try? if they've heard a few different european acts and they don't like them, why do they have to keep listening to find one that they like?

and before you fly off the handle, i'm not american, so don't try with the 'typical this' or 'this is what i'm talking about...' type rubbish...

TAURO
11-19-2006, 12:01 AM
i won't lie, i like to listen to lyrics, so foreign languages don't appeal to me... but my biggest hate with hip hop from non-americans, is people who put on false american accents... i hear them with europeans, australians, new zealanders, islanders, asians etc etc... i'm not interested in someone from one part of the world, acting like they are from another part of the world... you know, like dutch-morrocans talking and using slang like they were there in staten island or brooklyn during the pre-36 chambers days...

Cilvaringz stand up please....lol

Frank Drebin
11-19-2006, 01:21 AM
anyone that grabs a mic in america that isnt from the east coast should be shot. thats some shit emceeing right there.

TAURO
11-19-2006, 01:35 AM
What kind of bullshit is that?......There are some amazing mc's from all over the states, that kind of statement makes me think you don't know anything about hip hop and at 26 you should know better.

Frank Drebin
11-19-2006, 01:42 AM
What kind of bullshit is that?......There are some amazing mc's from all over the states, that kind of statement makes me think you don't know anything about hip hop and at 26 you should know better.

oi oi calm down calm down its an opinion... i like my east coast sound aint heard fuck all from the west or south that has impressed me except cube about 10 years ago and the alkoholiks. Everything else i have heard i think is shit

TAURO
11-19-2006, 01:48 AM
oi oi calm down calm down its an opinion... i like my east coast sound aint heard fuck all from the west or south that has impressed me except cube about 10 years ago and the alkoholiks. Everything else i have heard i think is shit

Im guessing when you talk about the west you are talking about Gangsta rap, am I right?......same applys to the south only replace Gangsta with Pimp/crunk....am I right again?

Frank Drebin
11-19-2006, 02:50 AM
Im guessing when you talk about the west you are talking about Gangsta rap, am I right?......same applys to the south only replace Gangsta with Pimp/crunk....am I right again?

yeah thats about the level of it.

TAURO
11-19-2006, 03:01 AM
yeah thats about the level of it.

Dude there is so much more.......

From the south I would recommend looking into:

Outkast
Cunninlynguists
Devin The dude
Goodie Mob
Scarface/Getto Boys

West:

Jurassic 5
Psycho Realm
Cypress Hill
Delinquent Habits
Funkdoobiest..........This is all I could think off but there are so much more that are worth your time, trust me all these groups have some great music, don't sleep you won't regret it.

Frank Drebin
11-19-2006, 03:48 AM
Dude there is so much more.......

From the south I would recommend looking into:

Outkast
Cunninlynguists
Devin The dude
Goodie Mob
Scarface/Getto Boys

West:

Jurassic 5
Psycho Realm
Cypress Hill
Delinquent Habits
Funkdoobiest..........This is all I could think off but there are so much more that are worth your time, trust me all these groups have some great music, don't sleep you won't regret it.

Outkasts I dont like i heard like 3 of their albums, Cunninlynguists i heard an album of theirs like a year ago didnt like it, scarface amd goodie mob no thanks. Cypress had a couple good songs nothing fantastic. Jurassic 5 i cant stand. Funkdoobiest no disrespect but you might as well through in the Boo-Yaa TRIBE. Seriously dude remember back to 1992 few years either side of that year New York reigned supreme and hip hip was good. There was some other people rapping but fuck it wasnt even a drop of milk in a cup of coffee. And it was fantastic, thats the music that i grew up on in my best years. Now days i look at these kids and they getting polluted by this shit music. Even effects how they dressing whut their morals are. To me its got to the point where it aint even about the music anymore its about wearing something fly, driving something with the wheels spinning, or spending a months paycheck on a piece of fucking jewellery. Turn on the tv music channel now there'll be some bitches dancing in the background with someone flashing their rocks and possible drinking champagne. What the fuck that got to do with hip hop? And that shit aint really start popping of till west coast and dirty south got involved in this shit yeah yeah yeah you probably wanna say something like LL dancing in silver suits yeah yeah fucking look at where it really took of west and south. There maybe some underground artists in the south that i aint heard and some guys in the west that are holding it down but their mainstream shit is killing hip hop IMO. Mainstream back in mid early 90s was Black Moon, Brand Nubian, Fu-Shnickens, Wu-Tang, Keith Murray, Del, Redman doing dope dark conscious rap. Mainstream nowdays does your chain hang low....lean with it. drop with it. All this shit coming from the south and west.. Thats whut i mean

TAURO
11-19-2006, 09:33 AM
^^^Now I know you don't know hip hop, you compared Funkdoobiest to Booya Tribe? they sound nothing alike so thats a false statement. but what the most obvious mistake was mentioning DEL in the context that he was new york when people know he is westcoast..........there where so much wrong with what you just posted but right now im not going to get into it because thats for another thread but people like yourself don't help when Im trying to make a point here. When people certain people read your post they are gonna jump all over you for being so ignorant.

Longbongcilvaringz
11-19-2006, 09:51 AM

its your loss.

so many dope artists.

ras kass
xzibit
cypress hill
souls of mischief

the list goes on.

not mentioning, nwa, dre, snoop, etc,

Longbongcilvaringz
11-19-2006, 10:01 AM
just wanted to add that i used to be closed minded about aussie hip hop lol, now i like some of it.

Iron Man
11-19-2006, 10:38 AM

Yes you can, and if i'm right he might be even in most of your Top 10 lists. Slick Rick also MF DOOM has something European in him.

TAURO
11-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Yes you can, and if i'm right he might be even in most of your Top 10 lists. Slick Rick also MF DOOM has something European in him.

I don't count neither of them as european, slick Rick moved to america when he was 7 which pretty much means he was raised american, being part of a country is more than just being born there, you had to have been raised there to gain it's culture.

36 Men in the Night
11-20-2006, 12:08 PM
also europeans don't understand the concept of corny ass niggas ...looptroop...the fuck is that?

Idiot! Loop Troop is a crew from Sweden! Listen to it and then judge!

Peace,

first of all theres alot of hate against UK Mc's on here, i cant speak of other countries from europe but i can speak on UK. First of all if u dont understand the lyrics because the accent is different then ur just DUMB str8 up...we talkin f-kin english and thats all there is to it.

Someone here said "i hate all foreign accents"....um lets get somethin str8 here, if u speaking ENGLISH in your country of America then YOUR accent is foreign lol....its not a big deal but you can easily rebuke ignorance with more ignorance...you speaking the english that came from Britain, that was brought to the lands ravaged by your forefathers.

people that get pissed of wit UK accents are probly talkin about the "cockney" style which im not really feelin' myself but u obviously havent checked other peoples work on here, no one i work with raps cockney we rap str8, and theres a hunger here which is lost in mainstream hip hop in the states, with their materialism..

America is the birthpace of hip hop and its king...all the best MCs have come from US (apart from slick rick) but that dont mean 20 years later thats still the case, when i was in NY 3 years ago, all i herd bumpin from car speakers was Usher and Lil Jons "YEAH!" WHEN DAT TUNE WAS OLD NEWAYS, i heard NO real hip hop, and i was there for 2 months, the radio played "Lean Back" the whole summer....

when i popped in "only built 4 cuban linx" to the system where i was workin the puerto rican brother was like "oh shit i aint heard this in years!"

so dat ignorance gotta stop, see more of the UK scene before you comment!!!

Lol

embarrassing, I hate "Yeah" & "Lean back"

so true

when i came back home from france ppl wouldnt belive me i saw black french dudes...

i think it will be cool if this hip-hop buisness would become international... like pop music and shit

embarrassing, too

I thought its because the retail hip-hop albums are hard to find in stores in North America from Europe

You can download it...or ebay!

In Europe you also can't buy every north american LP in stores.

One point which a couple of people have brought up which to me seemed completley retarded was that they would not listen to euro hip hop because they are not talking about their ghettos with their american problems..........well let me ask people this, if that is the case why do you go and watch movies like City Of God? Is that not the story of ghettos in another country with their own problems? why give a shit?

Poverty and crime is the same around the world, ghettos may come in different shapes and sizes but deep down they are all the same.

Nice question, but unfortunately nobody answered! lol

I agree with you!

Yeah, there are some europeans out there, who listen to hiphop from allover the world. I have HipHop from South Korea, Japan, Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Mexico, Africa (Senegal, Mali, Tansania, Nigeria), and also of course EUROPE (Germany, UK, Sweden, Poland, Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Finland, Turkey, Norway) & North America (USA & Canada)

Nowadays I live in Brazil for a while, so I have informed myself about the Rap Scene here. There are some nice artists. Of course you must get all of the stuff of Marcelo D2, I think you know this guy already. He has Shabazz on one of his LP's. Very nice track! If you need help with your search, just ask!

Orishas (Cuban)
La Etnia (Colombian)
Payaso (Colombian)
Tres Coronas (Colombia via NY)
Camajan Club (Colombia)
Akwid (Mexico/LA)
Control Machete (Mexico)
Vico C (Puerto Rico via NY)
Mexicano 777 (Puerto Rico via NY)

Nice, I don't know all of them, but I love Orishas, btw...(Cuban via Paris!!!).
I also like Mexicano 777 & Vico C.

[QUOTE=the insignificant;652945]and also, why do americans have to give everything a try? if they've heard a few different european acts and they don't like them, why do they have to keep listening to find one that they like?
[QUOTE]

1st, another question:

When you see a movie, and you don't like this one...why do you look another movie?

Okay...know my answer:

If they don't have the opinion, that it is nice, if they get some new stuff, some stuff they like, they should listen to this f**king Dirty South Rap Shit...and only support other americans. I also hate the music of many american artists, but if I don't know an artist, I listen to his music, if I don't like, I don't listen to it a second time and everything is alright!

I think it is the disadvantage of everyone himself, if he don't try some different/new stuff!!!

To all the guys, who don't know sth. about european HipHop, please don't give us your opinions! Thankx

snapple
11-20-2006, 12:26 PM

well a lot of my favorite MCs are from central and latin america originally, but they live in america and represent NY....heritage and where youre at are two different things in my eyes.

Ya_Bane
11-20-2006, 01:52 PM
All of yall americans moved there from Europe or Africa or whatever (except Charging Soldier).

TAURO
11-20-2006, 09:48 PM
I will give the americans here the opportunity to give there opinions on a track so here we go

So far only one person did what I asked, noone else was willing to give their opinions on this track.........so I will try again see if people from the states are willing to give it a listen and voice their opinion.

Also check this one too since it will be a good way to provide a bit of a contrast.
Supar Novar - All the way - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0y9HWN1S8Y&mode=related&search=

Gawd
11-20-2006, 10:01 PM
good thread, despite all the bickering.

TAURO
11-21-2006, 03:04 PM
^^^I remember you saying that you liked the first vid......but cool thanks Wu Matic for giving your opinion, by the way what was it that you didn't like about it?

snapple
11-21-2006, 03:11 PM
ok youre right i should give this shot another chance...

Supar Novar - All the Way

sorry not feeling it. i gave it a shot man

TAURO
11-21-2006, 03:14 PM
^^Thats cool what about the first group?

TAURO
11-26-2006, 10:12 AM
anyone?

Gawd
11-26-2006, 11:49 AM
^^Thats cool what about the first group?

I enjoyed it.

TSA
11-26-2006, 07:42 PM
fuck europe, africa and america are the supreme continents

TAURO
11-27-2006, 04:41 PM
^^True although I think collabos with american mc's helps too, I don't know what it is but there is something quite cool in hearing an american mc and a british mc on a track, maybe it's the way they display each their own style while showing the similaritys. There is a track that I have by a british mc called Jehst, it features J Zone and the track is dope, it also features a great sample of Raekwons "from staircase to stage, minimum wage" verse.
If you want I can up it.

Wu-tang Fan
07-15-2007, 04:27 PM
fuck europe, africa and america are the supreme continents
Although I am pretty sure you are trolling, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Okay- America is the most powerful country at the moment with tons of influence, but Africa? I dunno why you picked that continent, it is in a right old state:?

HarlemDiplomat
07-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah I feel you, that Grime bitch they signed to Def Jam was whack.

But word I like Roll Deep and Weily... UK got some good hip-hop, its just that the US is close minded in general and record companies are dumb.

HarlemDiplomat
07-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Also, I like S.A.S.

::runs out the thread with rocks and bottles being thrown::

11th Chamber
07-15-2007, 05:54 PM
when it comes to UK hip-hop, I dont think its that Americans are close-minded or whatever, but the fact that most Americans find the British accent annoying.

I have heard some nice hip hop from the UK, but I dont think I could sit threw a whole album

HarlemDiplomat
07-15-2007, 06:01 PM
when it comes to UK hip-hop, I dont think its that Americans are close-minded or whatever, but the fact that most Americans find the British accent annoying.

I have heard some nice hip hop from the UK, but I dont think I could sit threw a whole album

Co-sign.

Though I will say if you hear a ill ass British MC over a tight beat, the voice is actually not noticeable.... especially if the lyrics are good. But the slang is catchy in their songs like "lumpsome". lol

However, many casual rap fans don't love music enough to branch out... shit they don't give 2 shits about hip-hop to even listen to good American rappers so of course they'll never find out about a good UK artist.

Canada has a few good rappers I've heard... Dead Eyez is tight.

But word, niggaz just eat what the American media feed them, (BET, MTV, radio) they're too blind to see the full picture of hip-hop.

HarlemDiplomat
07-15-2007, 06:03 PM
And I was actually unaware of foreign rap until my dad came back from a cruise (he was in the NAVY) and he told me that Europe had some good rappers and they were gonna "blow up" if they ever came here.

Guess it never happened.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
07-15-2007, 07:11 PM
France is in a very high level in the rap game..I can compare the French productions with the American productions..

Check this vid out..One of my favorite beats ever..

xqQM7gqFPaI

HarlemDiplomat
07-15-2007, 07:12 PM
I hate Tony Parker... he should stick to basketball.

French rappers have funny accents.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
07-15-2007, 07:36 PM
I hate Tony Parker... he should stick to basketball.

French rappers have funny accents.

Me too..Who said about Parker?He is a fuckin wack cat..I said about Iv my people..One of the best supergroups in the whole world..Check em out..

Chiba-Smoker
07-15-2007, 09:01 PM
it was ok but i can put in a lot of cds id rather hear. theres many reasons- cause they talk about things we relate to and about places we grew up in-homw stories, I cant always relate to a for. countries background. We grew up with that music and it brings back good memories while for. rappers dont. Mainly hip hop evolves and so usa is the most advanced

TAURO
07-15-2007, 09:07 PM
I can't believe they brought back this thread.......anyway, like i've probably said somewhere here already, american hip hop will always be first in my eyes because that was the music I grew up with and enjoy a lot to this day, but uk hip hop has come a long way these last few years and a lot of the mc's I like I would rank them up there with some of my stateside favourates (yes they are that good) plus I relate more to uk hip hop for obvious reasons. Saying that though I listen to an awful lot of latin hip hop too because again it something I can relate to as well.

TAURO
07-15-2007, 09:17 PM
same with Canadian rappers. There is tons of talent out here now, but no recognition.

I think Canadian rappers get more love in America because they don't have the same obstacles that the uk has for example. I look at Swollen Members for example, they are Canadian yet if someone didn't tell you that, you probably wouldn't know the difference. Of course this is the view of the majority of uk hip hop heads.

Wu-tang Fan
07-15-2007, 09:26 PM

Fine:( That's your bloody fault. We will not change just to cater for you:chef:

Wu-tang Fan
07-15-2007, 09:30 PM
it was ok but i can put in a lot of cds id rather hear. theres many reasons- cause they talk about things we relate to and about places we grew up in-homw stories, I cant always relate to a for. countries background. We grew up with that music and it brings back good memories while for. rappers dont. Mainly hip hop evolves and so usa is the most advanced
You cats are so ignorant.

Wu-tang Fan
07-15-2007, 09:33 PM
What obstacles does the U.K. have that France doesn't? France is the king of rap in Europe but still doesn't get any reconigion. You are just agreeing with these clowns for all I know you could be American. And B.T.W., there is no such race as "Latin", they are white as well.

TAURO
07-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Mr.MMA I see what you're saying.

Wu-tang Fan
07-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Shut up you wanker.

TAURO
07-15-2007, 09:43 PM
What obstacles does the U.K. have that France doesn't? France is the king of rap in Europe but still doesn't get any reconigion. You are just agreeing with these clowns for all I know you could be American. And B.T.W., there is no such race as "Latin", they are white as well.

I wasn't comparing the uk scene to france so I don't know where your point stems from. I actually think that france has a much harder time to convince people because they don't even rap in english. I do agree that french hip hop rules europe in terms of quality, but the uk is making it's own mark thats for sure.

Ok now for the rest of your rant.

1.born and raised in London bar 1 year in South America. I rep west and south west london.

2.You don't know shit about latin people so before you write something stupid, I advise you do some research first. Latins are a mixed race, thats basically all im giving you...google the rest.

morgan
07-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Thank you Jasper....those Lizards are dope as shite
west coast

Oh my days, a thread within a thread.

Bring back Ed

Wu-tang Fan
07-15-2007, 09:48 PM
2.You don't know shit about latin people so before you write something stupid, I advise you do some research first. Latins are a mixed race, thats basically all im giving you...google the rest.

Nooo, Latin is just what Spanish immigrants call themelves because they feel left out of the racial nonsense and that is so prevealent in America and couldn't claim Irish. Also, they are white!!!

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-15-2007, 10:42 PM
how can i like something when i dont understand what their saying...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-15-2007, 11:56 PM

EXACTLY YOU BOTH ARE RIGHT AND PLUS TO ADD TO IT AMERICAN HIP HOP IS WHOLE EXCEPTED BECAUSE THERE ARE STILL MORE PEOPLE WHO LIKE ROCK BUT HIP HOP REACHES ACROSS MORE CULTURAL BOUNDS BECAUSE YOU CAN ADAPT IT TO YOUR AREA YOU LIVE IN LIKE DJ TOMEKK (FRENCH DJ) HE'S DOPE HE HAD SOME WU ON HIS ALBUMS LIKE GZA, PRODICAL SUNN AND OTHERS FROM THE HIP HOP COMMUNITY SO HIP HOP IS NOT DEAD ITS JUST NEEDS A UPLIFT IN THE US BUT IS ALIVE AND WELL IN THE EUROPEAN NATIONS

Cuts
07-21-2007, 12:06 PM
check out this youtube vid http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=u1MOzqh2Cdw

its something Ghostface went to Holland for

Beats by a Dutch producer named 'Kubus'
Lyrics by 'Ghostface Killah, Trife & Wigs'

beats and lyrics made on the spot, in some sort of studio in Amsterdam with 200/300 visitors or something

DJMethods
07-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Why the fuck do people differentiate between 'races' in hip-hop? If you're dope you're dope, it isn't an "American" thing anymore... which a lot of them have troubles understanding.

I don't know that much UK hip-hop, but Dizzee Rascal got a shitload of exposure for Boy In Da Corner, and I fuckin loved that album. Could barely understand him at first, but the beats were hot and I eventually got it. Heard a Croatian MC who was pretty tight, did a track with Masta Ace (Ace raped it, but the dude was nice enough). A French MC was on the first Jazzmataz. Fuck, an Aussie won the Scribble Jam beating The Saurus and Iron Solomon.. Hip-hop's global.

Come Honor Face
07-21-2007, 12:48 PM
I've never heard European hip hop.

Complex
07-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Not all Americans are closed minded about hip hop.. Europeans are closed minded about Americans if your makin ignorant generalizations about them..

Ive been to Europe several times and I can appreciate the hip hop scene, I was surprised how big the culture is there.. Honestly tho, like mentioned before, I never really got into it because of the language barrier or accent..
Europe aint much different than America when i comes to music in my experiences.. There are the same bs trends and commercial music, just different styles and outlets just like US..

America has enough options and alternatives in hip hop, there is no need to branch overseas for me..

HarlemDiplomat
07-21-2007, 01:06 PM
same with Canadian rappers. There is tons of talent out here now, but no recognition.

I think Dead Eyez is tight.

Oh, and Kardinal Official

Visionz
07-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Nooo, Latin is just what Spanish immigrants call themelves because they feel left out of the racial nonsense and that is so prevealent in America and couldn't claim Irish. Also, they are white!!!every where I turn this cat's acting like a historical know-it-all, your position is one of ignorance, obviously you're not familiar with what went down when the Spaniards arrived in the new world. two eyes, two ears, one mouth, read up and listen to what others have to say, and until you know better, please shut the fuck up.

WeMadeIt
07-21-2007, 01:32 PM
If I knew the language, I'd probaly appreciate the hip-hop more. From my point of view, only speaking English, I can't understand what they say or what their lyrics mean so I only get to judge these European hip-hop artists by the beat.

Exodus
07-21-2007, 02:25 PM
ha, I was thinking about making a thread about this British rapper Eman

http://www.myspace.com/laststreetpoet

and I normally don't like british rappers

Polocash7
07-21-2007, 02:37 PM
It comes to european hip hop?

I don't mean to make such a general statement and I know that there are a few people here that do check it out but why are the majority so unwilling to give it a chance?

For example when a thread opens up talking about some good uk hip hop, it's always the same people that post, alot of the americans here just tend to ignore the thread altogether.

I love hip hop in all it's cultural diversion and I know that there are people here that feel the same but all I want to do is understand why they don't give it a chance, if someone ups a track or a link to a vid on you tube they should post a comment wheather it's a positive or negative, at least give it a chance.

I like that track

beautifulrock
07-21-2007, 02:49 PM

Are you serious or just stupid? I'm serious. I wanna know. Because that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

HarlemDiplomat
07-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Roll Deep is hot.

LiquidWordz
07-21-2007, 03:51 PM

Real talk right here. I think this post hits the nail right on the head. It's the image of Uk combined with the accents that throw everything off. This can be said for just about any Non American hip hop. It's the way other countries are portrayed in the media. Poverty is a world wide problem, it's not something exclusive to America. UK is grimey, Canada is grimey, Australia is grimey. ANd I gotta admit, even though I KNOW that there are parts of the uk that are hard, whenever I think Britain, I think of doylies and tea parties. So when I hear some cat from the Uk spittin about gats and drive by's, it just seems corny to me, even though I know they could very well be spittin some real shit they live about. It's just the way countries are portrayed that sort of ruins everything.

TAURO
07-22-2007, 09:52 AM
I like that track

Thanks for the feedback, you would be surprised how few actually bothered to give feedback, the ones that did give an opinion all seemed to like this joint.

Real talk right here. I think this post hits the nail right on the head. It's the image of Uk combined with the accents that throw everything off. This can be said for just about any Non American hip hop. It's the way other countries are portrayed in the media. Poverty is a world wide problem, it's not something exclusive to America. UK is grimey, Canada is grimey, Australia is grimey. ANd I gotta admit, even though I KNOW that there are parts of the uk that are hard, whenever I think Britain, I think of doylies and tea parties. So when I hear some cat from the Uk spittin about gats and drive by's, it just seems corny to me, even though I know they could very well be spittin some real shit they live about. It's just the way countries are portrayed that sort of ruins everything.

Thats what I was saying, exactly.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-22-2007, 11:27 AM
also europeans don't understand the concept of corny ass niggas

You r dead wrong! Whether a Whigga or a Nigga, if its corny, true hip hop headz can dig it!

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-22-2007, 11:32 AM
how can i like something when i dont understand what their saying...

The question should be, how can u NOT like this even if u dont understand it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfJNbvqfh9k
----------------------------------------------

I know that i dont understand french, but i love this shit!

Dough Snatcher
07-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Personally...Its the accent. The only uk rappers i favor are slick rick and Ollie Bates/Illustrate.

J-DON
07-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Americans dont even give rappers from places in the US that dont usually have rappers much of a chance. So if you arent from ATL, Houston, NY, VA, Philly, Chicago, Detroit or St.Louis youre going to have a hard time breaking in and even most of those cities only got like 1 or 2 rappers/groups recognized.

VallKano
07-27-2007, 01:24 PM
these americans ur talking about make the best rap every mc could die over there tomorrow and everyone would be like ???? who gives a fuck

ckretwon
07-27-2007, 05:08 PM
the reason americans are so closed minded to euro hip hop is cuz we both have a different idea as to what hip hop is. generally speaking europeans believe that they are more enlightened than americans so they appreciate intelligent hip hop where as america is a capitalistic society so we like that wack shit that talks about money, cars and jewelry. it really sucks to be looked at that way by other countrys but it's the truth. but hey at least we do have dope shit like wu tang, jedi mind tricks, imortal technique etc,.

Visionz
07-27-2007, 05:20 PM
the reason americans are so closed minded to euro hip hop is cuz we both have a different idea as to what hip hop is. generally speaking europeans believe that they are more enlightened than americans so they appreciate intelligent hip hop where as america is a capitalistic society so we like that wack shit that talks about money, cars and jewelry. it really sucks to be looked at that way by other countrys but it's the truth. but hey at least we do have dope shit like wu tang, jedi mind tricks, imortal technique etc,.this might be a news flash but the whole fucking world is a capitalistic society. CREAM is true for the entire world these days. Sounds like you talking about hip-pop anyways. Real hip-hop is alive n' well here in america it just don't get the shine it should due mainly to corperate dollars doing what they do, payola n' all that other shit. My guess is that those corperate pigeons exist in every country.

ckretwon
07-27-2007, 05:51 PM
i don't know a lot about european hip hop but i do know that art reflects ones view upon society. now, what do they talk about in euro hip hop? and what do they talk bout in american hip hop?

Visionz
07-27-2007, 06:12 PM
American hip-hop itself is so broad in spectum, to generalize is pointless. What I'm saying though is that there's plently of real hip-hop out there talking about real issues right now, it just doesn't get the shine it should due to corperate machines intent on dumbing everything down.

if your lookin for particular examples, the new Pharoahe Monch is talking about struggle, redemption, the negatives of gun violence, relationships from where they start to how bad they can end up, and finishes off with revolution.

TAURO
07-27-2007, 06:17 PM
this might be a news flash but the whole fucking world is a capitalistic society. CREAM is true for the entire world these days. Sounds like you talking about hip-pop anyways. Real hip-hop is alive n' well here in america it just don't get the shine it should due mainly to corperate dollars doing what they do, payola n' all that other shit. My guess is that those corperate pigeons exist in every country.

This is true, in the uk the music of choice is grime, we have a channel here called channel U which along with american urban music also strongly promotes british urban music. The vids by these uk artists are just as bad as any of 50 Cent's and all those southern rappers shit. It's all the same, I would be lying if I said the uk appreciated real hip hop more because even though the genuine shit is popular to some degree and does do well, that dumb abc shit does 5 times better.

Visionz
07-27-2007, 06:33 PM
This is true, in the uk the music of choice is grime, we have a channel here called channel U which along with american urban music also strongly promotes british urban music. The vids by these uk artists are just as bad as any of 50 Cent's and all those southern rappers shit. It's all the same, I would be lying if I said the uk appreciated real hip hop more because even though the genuine shit is popular to some degree and does do well, that dumb abc shit does 5 times better.word, that elements of easily digestable music is made for mass consumption just like fast food burgers.

no real seasoning or flare, not really good for you at all, but its quick and its cheap.

if people really looked at what they were consuming they wouldn't touch that shit. I see the music as being the same way. The less they say, the less substance they put into the music the greater the chance people will like it. At that point all a song has to do is be catchy.

Notice how crunk & other club music chants some gibberish incessantly?

It's all just to drill it in your head.

......this is why.....this is why....this is why I'm hot :r

TAURO
07-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Ha ha......word.

NoSleep
07-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Europeans live the shit man. For an example.. the dutch hiphop scene goes way back. It all started in the U.S of course, but it didn't take long before it flew over.. Some of you act like europe started doing this shit yesterday or something. Dig it or not, we have the right to love hiphop too. We shouldn't even be thinking like this, - hiphop is peace love and unity.. come on now.

ckretwon
07-27-2007, 07:12 PM
hip hop is a broad spectrum but for the most part the shit that sells or the shit that is popular says a lot about that society.

Visionz
07-27-2007, 07:22 PM
as a whole yeah, but the individual parts? not really, corperate america and pop music don't say much of anything about Austin, Texas nawmean?

I guess its all about where you're at. I feel like we're on a whole other level here but this is a very musical city.

Prolifical ENG
07-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Never touched this thread in a while....

Americans don't need to go elsewhere for entertainment...they got more than they need in their own backyard.

I wouldn't find myself trying to find and listen to France hip-hop just for the sake of looking for something new and different. Although some of us have listened to an obscene amount of other stuff, sometimes there are still limits to what we will choose to listen to. If I happen to browse into it and I like it maybe I would think different. And I'm one of those people that tries to collect hip-hop from many different regions.

The farthest I have gone was finding a guide to Brazilian hip-hop compilation album in my school's bookstore on sale. I guess some irony to it is it was made in the U.K.

On the other hand I think its more important to support your local artists first before even thinking about looking into another continent. In Toronto its not done enough..I should be upping my local mixtape game. But I must say that K-Os' last 2 albums are certified platinum in Canada....I could care less how he sells in the U.S.

Depending how much hip-hop you listen to should determine how far away the scene is (gradually expanding outward) so its your urban center first, then the bigger region, nation, continent then overseas. Thats the priority if you want to support hip-hop. Most of us aren't ready to go across the ocean. I guess I cam call this a hip-hop epicenter theory.

rubyspirit
07-27-2007, 09:56 PM
... It comes to european hip hop?

1. People relate to what they know, or what interests them. Americans like America.
2. Hip Hop started in America.
3. The best MC ... Method Man ... is from America.

There it is. :)

TAURO
07-28-2007, 03:53 AM
Never touched this thread in a while....

Americans don't need to go elsewhere for entertainment...they got more than they need in their own backyard.

I wouldn't find myself trying to find and listen to France hip-hop just for the sake of looking for something new and different. Although some of us have listened to an obscene amount of other stuff, sometimes there are still limits to what we will choose to listen to. If I happen to browse into it and I like it maybe I would think different. And I'm one of those people that tries to collect hip-hop from many different regions.

The farthest I have gone was finding a guide to Brazilian hip-hop compilation album in my school's bookstore on sale. I guess some irony to it is it was made in the U.K.

On the other hand I think its more important to support your local artists first before even thinking about looking into another continent. In Toronto its not done enough..I should be upping my local mixtape game. But I must say that K-Os' last 2 albums are certified platinum in Canada....I could care less how he sells in the U.S.

Depending how much hip-hop you listen to should determine how far away the scene is (gradually expanding outward) so its your urban center first, then the bigger region, nation, continent then overseas. Thats the priority if you want to support hip-hop. Most of us aren't ready to go across the ocean. I guess I cam call this a hip-hop epicenter theory.

Thats a very well thought out answer and probably the best given so far.

1. People relate to what they know, or what interests them. Americans like America.

Ruby are you really this stupid? or is it by accident?......how about you stop sucking Meth's dick for one minute and actually give a proper response. :mmmyah:

The Hound
07-28-2007, 04:17 AM

M-E-T-H-O-D Stan

rubyspirit
07-28-2007, 05:50 PM
^^ Ignore the two dickheads above.

ckretwon
07-28-2007, 08:02 PM
as a whole yeah, but the individual parts? not really, corperate america and pop music don't say much of anything about Austin, Texas nawmean?

I guess its all about where you're at. I feel like we're on a whole other level here but this is a very musical city.

it's like this dog, real true hip hop is always gonna hold it down no matter what cuz when the corperate side of it dies you still gonna have niggas doin it cuz they love doin it. that's just how it is. some people immitate and some inovate. it's just now in days people hear the word hip hop and right away they associate it with bull shit such as bling, whips, money, tats, booty etc. but us niggas who know what it really mean are always gonna hold it down cuz we know that it goes deeper than that. it's like rza said he said cream cash rules everything around me but it doesn't rule me. that's the side of it that many cats don't realize. niggas are just so stuck on that shallow bs that they get so blinded by the ice they can't see straight. cash does rule them. but it's alright cuz while they stay stuck in the same position i keep it movin forward with my third eye wide open.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-29-2007, 02:31 AM
^^ thats the best response!

the insignificant
07-29-2007, 04:45 AM
again... why do americans have listen to every piece of european hip hop until they find something they like? can't they just not like it without having to explain themselves?