PDA

View Full Version : Getting shot for a PS3

Dominus Santorini
11-17-2006, 11:47 AM
People getting shot for a PS3? damn thats crucial, there has been 5 violent events in last 48 hours...craziness

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061117/ap_on_re_us/playstation_shooting_9

shaolinsword
11-17-2006, 11:52 AM
lol it was true then

shaolinsword
11-17-2006, 01:30 PM
some bloke ran into a pole when trying to get a place in a queue I think it was the last 10 available

Icurus
11-17-2006, 01:56 PM
The last two lines in the article say it all. Thats all you have to do. My friend was waiting for one at the sony store in manhattan. They said that they will give out 400 wrist bands on thursday night fior the midnight launch. Apparently people were skipping last minute. Well, thursday morning he went in and ask the management that it seems logical to just give out the wrist bands now and send people home, then have them come back at night for the premiere party at 9:00PM, then the midnight launch. They told him thats thats too complicated.

How the fuck is that complicated? o, guess what happens. A couple of hours before the party. Some stupid kid with a list was actually making spaces for people who were paying him money for spots. He basically made a list of people there and ask how many people in their party. Well, it was a ploy. By the end of the night there were extra people there who randomly showed up saying that these people are on this list so its okay for them to be here.

The problem was that the kid who made the list didnt work for Sony and because people held spots for others based on the list, the head count Sony did was wrong. People who were number 30 were actually 60+. He made a list of everyone and who coming in each party. But people didnt show up until the last minute. The kid made money from these last minute late comers. My friend said he was number 109, but still made it and got his PS3, but the kid was like in the 30s and basically screwed everyone behind him.

So, why couldnt Sony just handed out those fucking bracelets in the morning and send the people home. Those people I heard camp out for 3 days, and then people randomly showed up. Thats fucked up.

Management in the Sony New York Corp. must be fucking retarded. Man, does Sony screw up everything. Im glad I pre-ordered.

shaolinsword
11-17-2006, 02:06 PM
that's fucked up your mate had the sensible idea fucking sony