PDA

View Full Version : Bloo's got a new toy!

Bloo
11-19-2006, 01:54 PM
That's right bitches! I almost didn't do it but my sister gave me the inside scoop so after 4 hours in the cold, I'm now the proud owner of a Wii!
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/BlooHook/Wii.jpg

Hellz yeah! So far it's chill as hell though. I got Twilight Princess with it and the game works just like Ocarina of Time. But instead of hitting A to swing your sword, you actually swing the nunchuck. Wii Sports is also pretty fun, not as much as Twilight princess but fun all the same. I also got a classic controller but as of right now can't use it with anything cause I can't download any games off the Wii Shop. But for games to download the list so far is...

NES
-Donkey Kong
-Mario Bros. (not Super)
-Pinball
-Baseball
-Solomon's Key
-The Legend of Zelda
-Wario's Woods

SNES
-F-Zero
-SimCity

Genesis
-Sonic The Hedgehog
-Altered Beast

N64
-Super Mario 64 (obviously)

I'll post more pics in a little bit. If anyone has any questions on the system then holla at me.

Unforgiven
11-19-2006, 01:56 PM
SimCity was booomb lol, we'd play that for hours. I might cop a Wii just got for the old school games, that nunchuck control is weak sause though, I'ma cop that old school controller for sure.

shaolinsword
11-19-2006, 02:18 PM
is it worth getting one then?

VDB-King
11-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Nice going man,

Kong
11-19-2006, 02:47 PM
whats the 1 handed control like? that puts me off a bit, do u have to pay for the old school games?

36chambers
11-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Lookin gangsta with your Wii.

Im interested in the console, give us a quick lil long review ;)

Bloo
11-20-2006, 12:37 AM
SimCity was booomb lol, we'd play that for hours. I might cop a Wii just got for the old school games, that nunchuck control is weak sause though, I'ma cop that old school controller for sure.

Definately do, but also be aware that not all games work with the classic controller.

is it worth getting one then?

Right now, I'm gonna say yes. It's different, but in a good way. Check the mini review below :)

Nice going man,

whats the 1 handed control like? that puts me off a bit, do u have to pay for the old school games?

It actually works out farily well. And yes, old school games cost. More details below.

Lookin gangsta with your Wii.
Im interested in the console, give us a quick lil long review

No doubt son! Wii, the thugz choice. Now to break down the Wii experience so far.

First thing to note is that the console comes with everything out the box. with this you get...

-The Wii (of course)

-Standard video cables

-AC adapter (not as big, but almost as big as the X360s)

-Vertical stand

-Stand table (a little piece of clear plastic that snaps onto the bottom of the stand to keep it stable.)

-Sensor Bar

-Sensor Bar stand

-1 Wii-Mote (wriststrap included)

-1 Nunchuck

-Copy of Wii Sports

-2 AA batteries (for the Wii-Mote)

Not bad for $250 (before tax) huh?

Now, first thing you see when you turn the system on is a notice to hit the A button to activate any and all controllers. The order they are activated will determine which remote is first, second, so forth. Once that's done the system boots to the Wii Channel. Easiest way to describe this is basically a set of boxes (4X3) that all of your items are set to inside the Wii. The default icons are.

-Disc Channel, where Wii and Gamecube games are booted from.

-Mii Channel, where you can set up your Wii persona

-Photo Channel, where you can view photos and send them also a little place to make slide puzzles out of them for simple fun.

-Wii Shop Channel, where you buy VC games and other Wii programs (once they're made available.

-Forecast Channel, to check your local weather (not yet available)

-News Channel, the see what's going on around the world (not yet available)

Now, the main event the Wii Mote :)

As you all know, the thing is not your traditionall controller. But it functions very well. The key to making the remote function lies in the gyroscopes and infrared sensors.

Now as for the sensor bar, before everyone of ya'll gets your panties bunched up there's a reason nintendo went this route! Basically it's because of TVs in general, each one is set up differently so the sensor bar gurantees that the Wii will function the exact same way no matter how big or small, basic or HD your TV set is. Also just to make everyone aware, the sensor bar only has one purpose and that's to track the infrared motion of the remote, so everything you do that's pointer based is detected through the sensor bar, like aiming in Zelda or selecting things on the menu and it is VERY acurate, so if you mess up your aim it's because you can't aim, don't blame the controller.

My only gripe with the system is it works just like standard infrared technology which means you need to have a clear path between you and the sensor. I noticed when my GF walked in front of me the cursor went away which I could see as a problem in the middle of a heated battle in a game. Trick to the best response is the put the sensor right above your TV as close to the front of it as you can.

The Nunchuck is basically just an extension of the main controller, it has no function outside of in games. Not all games use it on Wii Sports, but some do as well as Zelda of course. It consists of one analog stick and a C and Z button but the unit itself has gyros in it too. not as major as the ones in the remote, but it can detect motion like the PS3 controller.

The classic controller, it's pretty much what it says it is. On first inspection I noticed that it was smaller than I originally thought. It's actually about the same size as the DS Lite, closed of course. But it has bigger buttons seeing as how it doesn't need to make room for a screen. and it works just like the SNES and Gamecube controllers combined. On top of the controller are 4 buttons, L,R,ZR, and ZL. The L and R buttons feel like smaller versions of the LR buttons on the Gamecube controller but I'm not sure if they're analog or not yet. The ZR and ZL buttons are set right inside of the LR buttons and feel clicky kinda like the Z button on the Gamecube or DS shoulder buttons. But it functions just fine. I downloaded SimCity for the SNES amd Mario 64 and it played just fine with this controller, especially SimCity, felt just like the good ol days. Also, I was wrong, the remote does not connect to the back of the classic controller, there is a section in the back of the controller but it won't fit there. A button right on top releases the latch so I'm guessing Nintendo has plans on releasing something that attaches to the back for it later down the line.

In an effort to not overload with info. I'll will stop this post here. Next post, The Games :)

Frontal Lobotomy
11-20-2006, 01:00 AM
How much will stuff cost from the Wii shop? Will it work like an iTunes sort of affair, or just download as much as you like while paying a subscription?

Bloo
11-20-2006, 01:17 AM
The Wii shop works more like an iTunes set up. It's like this.

For every dollar you spend you get 100 Wii Points, easy enough. You have two options on obtaining these.

1. Buy a Wii points card at a local retailer
2. Buy them directly through your Wii (Visa and Mastercard only)

If you buy a Wii card then when you go to add points to your system you you choose "redeem points card" and enter the code on the back of the card. It'll pop up with how many points is on said card and ask if you want to redeem, hit yes and your points are then credited to your Wii. If you buy them online then go to the CC option instead, it'll ask for your CC type, number, expiration and so forth as well as your city, zipcode and county. You can select only 4 options for points here. 1000 ($10), 2000 ($20), 3000 ($30) or 5000 ($50), after it verifies your number then the points are automatically added to your account. Also, just to inform, your points are specific to your Wii, so there is no sharing (like anyone would want to) and they can only be used on the Wii they are activated on. If at any point you deactivate your Wii account then any unspent points are lost.

Now for games. The cost breaks down like this...

NES - 500 points ($5)
SNES - 800 points ($8)
Genesis - 800 points ($8)
TG16 - don't know yet, none are available
N64 - 1000 points ($10)

Maybe too expensive for some, but it's a lot cheaper then buying the respective system and the game seperate. And after spending 3 bills on a Wii, who's gonna want to go buy another system to play old school shit when they can do it right there.

Once the game is bought, it's downloaded to your Wii's enternal memory (512 megs) With a little progress bar that consists of 8-bit NES Super Mario running after coins there are three blocks above and as the download commenses he will hit a brick to give you a general idea of how far along it is. After he hits the third brick the game is done and ready to play.

Also, to let you know, if you decide to delete any games you've bought to make room for something else, you can redownload the game for free, once you paid for it, it's yours no matter what. Also, they are exclusive to your console, so no trying to put it on a memory card and play it on your friend's Wii, it won't work.

Lil' Ruger
11-20-2006, 02:05 AM
hmmm what sold me and i told myself i would get it was red steel....

and for the N64 games....we can play classic perfect dark? MK? killer instinct?
the original golden eye???? too shit like that or just the super mario stuff??? i like that its cheap....and the sensory thing...i kind of saw that coming by the release of the DS and the touch screen......

so post more pictures of the equipment and how it is used and if you have a video camera or anything that records PLEASE record youself playing it so i can get a real feel of what its like....

Bloo
11-20-2006, 02:13 AM
I'll try my best dude :) I'll take pics when I get home from work and post them up.

As for N64 games, don't know about the ones you named cause they're not available for download yet. Problem with that though is most of the games you mentioned were done by Rare and Mafia$oft owns them now. So as sucky as it is Goldeneye will probably be one game we don't see on the VC due to the licence agreement. Nintendo would have to pay out the ass in order to get that game on there legaly, same thing for Perfect Dark and KI. But Rare and Nintendo still have a slight relationship so you never know...

Lil' Ruger
11-20-2006, 02:26 AM
and bloo how does this compare to the other systems?

shaolinsword
11-20-2006, 02:27 AM
nice review bloo, made me wanna go buy it now :) as for not blaming the controller.....I know I'm gonna, nothing is ever my fault when it comes to games it's always the controllers fault ^.^ what are the wii points about? I haven't really looked into this console until lately because nintendo has never really brought out any groundbreaking games exc mario and zelda and goldeneye of course

Lil' Ruger
11-20-2006, 02:28 AM
I'll try my best dude :) I'll take pics when I get home from work and post them up.

As for N64 games, don't know about the ones you named cause they're not available for download yet. Problem with that though is most of the games you mentioned were done by Rare and Mafia$oft owns them now. So as sucky as it is Goldeneye will probably be one game we don't see on the VC due to the licence agreement. Nintendo would have to pay out the ass in order to get that game on there legaly, same thing for Perfect Dark and KI. But Rare and Nintendo still have a slight relationship so you never know...

those doom and duke nukem were like the best games on that system in my opinion so i hope they get put on there....and i think its cool that it comes with all those controllers and all the shit you need....

Lil' Ruger
11-20-2006, 02:31 AM
nice review bloo, made me wanna go buy it now :) as for not blaming the controller.....I know I'm gonna, nothing is ever my fault when it comes to games it's always the controllers fault ^.^ what are the wii points about? I haven't really looked into this console until lately because nintendo has never really brought out any groundbreaking games exc mario and zelda and goldeneye of course

co-sign i slpet on it also i tried to ignore it but when i saw red steel commercial and when mom mentioned price i was like oh shit why spend all that money? even if the wii isnt as good as the other consoles its cheaper which is ALWAYS a bonus bloo basically just sold this to me.....and my mom made it seem as if she was willing to pay for it....

and with my birthday on dec 1 and christmas after i might very well get this!

Lil' Ruger
11-20-2006, 02:37 AM

co-sign i slpet on it also i tried to ignore it but when i saw red steel commercial and when mom mentioned price i was like oh shit why spend all that money? even if the wii isnt as good as the other consoles its cheaper which is ALWAYS a bonus bloo basically just sold this to me.....and my mom made it seem as if she was willing to pay for it....

shaolinsword
11-20-2006, 02:41 AM
lucky, I gotta pay for this out of my own pocket 200 for the console and everything included (we have to put down a 20 pre order) but the idea of finally getting to complete mario 64 (I played this in a shop when it first came out for about half hour) and other N64 games is cool. Any chance you can download saturn games? I wanna play knights again

What's happened to your sig anyway pimp?

Bloo
11-20-2006, 02:55 AM

haha, that's why I got mine :) My girl wanted to sneak behind me and buy it for me as an early birthday present but she spilled the beans before she left to go stand in line. Didn't want me to think she was gone for 4 hours with some other dude :)

those doom and duke nukem were like the best games on that system in my opinion so i hope they get put on there....and i think its cool that it comes with all those controllers and all the shit you need....

Now Duke might just show up on the VC. Doom I know won't, id Software already released a statement saying they will not support Nintendo as their games never sold well on their systems. All I really care about is Turok 2. If they drop that game for me It'll have been worth the purchase.

The Wii points don't really make for the reason to buy the system. The only thing they'll really do is determine how much you're able to do in the Wii Shop, like buy VC games, or other things that they'll be adding later. But yeah, even if you just drop like $10 every now and again I'd say do it cause you never know what the Big N has planned for this system.

and bloo how does this compare to the other systems?
Having not played a PS3 yet and very little time on an X360 I can't do too much of a comparison. Overall, this system isn't to be catagorized with the PS3 or X360 cause obviously it can't do what they can. But at the same time neither of those systems can do what the Wii can. All in all it's an enjoyable experience though. Plus the fact that Nintendo was able to put rumble function into the remote as well as a speaker makes me wonder why Sony couldn't put feedback into their controller...

Bloo
11-20-2006, 03:29 AM
Alright, one more post before I call it a night.

What everyone wants to know about. The Games!

First, Wii games. when you pop a disc into the slot, the system automatically takes them in and the slot lights up bright blue to let you know it's got something in it. The game pops up on the Disc Channel and when you select it you get that game's splash screen and the option at the bottom to either start or go back to the wii menu.
During gameply if you hit the Home button on the remote it pauses the game and takes you to some options. From here you can go back to the Wii Menu, go back to the game of course, reset the game, or adjust the volume on the remote's speaker, and turn the rumble function off or on. It also lets you know how many controllers are detected and what their battery life is.

As for Gamecube games. They are pretty much the same as Wii games when it comes to starting up. Just like with Wii games you pop it in the slot. Now of course with Wii games comming on full sized DVDs and the Gamecube games being as small as they are, you'd think there was a different slot for em, nope! Put it anywhere near the slot high or low and it'll take it and put it where it needs to be in the drive :)
Now in the Wii's Disc Channel instead of the game's splash screen, you get the GameCube's splash screen, but no game info, shouldn't really matter though, you just put the game in so you should know what it is. Upon booting up the GCN game, the Wii goes into GCN mode. And by that it pretty much becomes a Gamecube. Which means that the remote does not function at all. You can not access the Wii's menu while playing, or even reset from the remote, you must actually get up and hit the reset key on the Wii. And once you do, it only resets the game. If you want to access the Wii again you have to turn the system off then turn it back on. I think that's kinda booty cause the only time the power button on the remote works is if you're playing a Wii game or if the Wii is off. But it's not too horrible. And yes, you will need GCN memory cards and GCN controllers in order to play GCN games. There are 4 controller slots on the left side of the system as well as 2 memory card slots. Luckily you can manage your GCN memory cars through your Wii's interface so that's handy.

The Virtual Console is of course the illest thing so far. I've had the chance to grab Mario 64 and SimCity and like I've said earlier they play just like old school. Now when purchasing a game you get all info you need. The title, the system it was originally for, original release date, and a general description of the game along with screenshots. Nintendo really put a lot of time into making this legit. It also tells you what you need to play. Just to generalize it all games are compatable with the Classic Controller or Gamecube Controllers if you already have them. All NES and some Genesis games are playable with just the remote though.
Once you've downloaded them, the games will take up a slot on the Wii's main menu. Once you select it, it'll give you the games splah screen and the option to start or go back to the main menu. Once you start, the game loads up which is lightning fast. And they look and sound just as good as they did back on their original systems.
When you hit the home button during a VC game, the game pauses and there is an extra option on the menu, the manual. It's not the original manual but just as good if not better. It tells you the button configuration, general game rules, hints, stratigies, characters, everything you would find in a game manual plus some, with color screen shots :)
These are a lot easier to exit as they are running under the Wii itself so turning off you system is just as painless as if you were playing a Wii game. So yeah Shaolin, you'll finally get to fnish Mario 64 :) but on the real, pick up a Gamecube controller if you do, it'll work just with the Classic, but it just felt more natural to play mario 64 with the GCN controller, at least for me anyway.

Also, just to let you know. The blue light around the disc slot does not stay on constantly. There's a reason for this. while reading the manual I figured out that the slot light serves three functions.

1. lets you know when a game has been put in.
2. lets you know when you have a message
3. lets you know when you have new data that hasn't been access yet, such as system updates or things downloaded from the WiiConnect24 service. More on that later!

shaolinsword
11-20-2006, 06:41 AM
This seems like it's gonna blow both the 360 and the PS3 out of the water although I'm sure that the price won't get less when buying points as it should with the conversion rate. the connect service doesn't work using WI-FI does it? Cos I aint got a WI-FI router and I don't plan on buying one as I know how easy it is to jack the connection

Strange Fruit
11-20-2006, 06:50 AM
spiffy.
i want one!!!!
although i recently bought a pink playstation set,,,

hmmm

oh well. i want one!!
it's just not out here yet.

Frontal Lobotomy
11-20-2006, 11:56 AM
^Hah, I might purchase me one of those pink PS2s, they look chilled.

As got the Wii, I wonder if the ROMs you download form the shop are the same format as the ones that've been available for download all these years. If so might be able to save a few nuggets if they can be transferred to the HDD. still, i'd have to part with the brass regardless for Super smash Bros, that game was the single greatest thing on the N64 in terms of multiplayer gaming (Goldeneye was decent, but it was no Doom or Half Life).
Also, what do you think of the possibility of them porting Starcraft for it too? as it was on the N64..

Bloo
11-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Ok, ya'll. time for some pics!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/BlooHook/IMG_08971.jpg
Zelda of course. All Wii games come in standard white DVD cases.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/BlooHook/IMG_08981.jpg
Inside the case

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/BlooHook/IMG_09021.jpg
Gamecube ports and memory card slots

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/BlooHook/IMG_09031.jpg
Classic controller sitting on top of my DS Lite

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/BlooHook/IMG_09051.jpg
Classic controller sitting next to my DS Lite

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/BlooHook/IMG_09071.jpg
The shoulder buttons on the CC

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/BlooHook/IMG_09081.jpg
CC next to the Wavebird

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/BlooHook/IMG_09101.jpg
They were right, it's exactily the same thickness as 3 DVD cases

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/BlooHook/IMG_09111.jpg
Still a bit bigger though.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/BlooHook/IMG_09131.jpg
Wii in all it's glory. With gamecube memory cards, Wavebird reciever, and gamecube game.

Bloo
11-20-2006, 12:16 PM
^Hah, I might purchase me one of those pink PS2s, they look chilled.

As got the Wii, I wonder if the ROMs you download form the shop are the same format as the ones that've been available for download all these years. If so might be able to save a few nuggets if they can be transferred to the HDD. still, i'd have to part with the brass regardless for Super smash Bros, that game was the single greatest thing on the N64 in terms of multiplayer gaming (Goldeneye was decent, but it was no Doom or Half Life).
Also, what do you think of the possibility of them porting Starcraft for it too? as it was on the N64..

I was wondering the same thing, but I figured Nintendo would've thought about that already. I know there's some kinda encryption in the hardware that prevents them from being played on Wii. And starcraft 64 is a big possibility. Blizzard never stated any negative feelings about the Wii.

shaolinsword
11-20-2006, 12:19 PM
had a quick look on the nintendo europe webstie and I guess you gotta use WI-FI to download old games? :(

shaolinsword
11-20-2006, 12:22 PM
oh and the PS3 doesn't have the vibration function because of liscensing rights...supposedly

Bloo
11-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Well kinda yeah. Unlike the $500 PS3 and the X360. The Wii is wireless out the box. But there is an adapter you can buy (http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&langId=-1&currency=USD&ignoreCrumbs=N&crumb1=&crumb1Ignore=&crumb2=%253CA%2BHREF%253D%2522javascript%253APassO n%2528%2527X%2527%252C%2B%2527ChooseView%2527%252C %2527%2527%252C%2B%2527%2527%2529%253B%2522%253EWi i%253C%252FA%253E&crumb2Ignore=&crumb3=%253CA%2BHREF%253D%2522javascript%253APassO n%2528%2527C%2527%252C%2B%2527CategoryDisplay%2527 %252C%252762707%2527%252C%2B%2527N%2527%2529%253B% 2522%253EParts%2B%2526%2BAccessories%253C%252FA%25 3E&crumb3Ignore=&translateFrom=%C8%C9%C7&translateTo=EEC&usrSearchText=&searchText=&selSrchType=&page=&view=&productId=117712&categoryId=62707&lastAction=ProductDisplay&orderTotal=null). Just won't be available until 2007, at least in the states anyway...

shaolinsword
11-20-2006, 12:50 PM
...fuck it

WU-KILLAH
11-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Wait ... you got GC controler ports on the wii ?

pneumatic
11-20-2006, 01:18 PM
It sounds like downloading games is the process that the 360 does it.

Bloo
11-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Wait ... you got GC controler ports on the wii ?

Sure do buddy, Wii is 100% backwards compattable.

Fayth
11-20-2006, 02:07 PM
bloo can i come round n play it? haha enjoy it fam, i wont get mine for a lil while!

Icurus
11-20-2006, 03:47 PM
My Wii is set up the same way as yours. I was wondering if it would take the wavebird, well it did, the Wii like you said is 100% compatible. I have to say, I have all three systems, PS3, 360, Wii. So far, its like this for me. 360, Wii, then PS3. The Wii might beat my 360 when mario galaxy and smash bros. comes out. I just love the xbox live too much. But Zelda is taking over my life right now. The Wii is awesome, it is a well made system. The PS3 still has potential, just the games are horrible. In 4 months, it will be up there. Right now, its Wii and 360.

shaolinsword
11-20-2006, 05:07 PM
just so you know there's quite a lot of people saying that the wrist strap has broken on their wiimote and broken someones tv

Bloo
11-21-2006, 03:10 AM
bloo can i come round n play it? haha enjoy it fam, i wont get mine for a lil while!

No doubt homie! You gonna have a blast once you do :)

My Wii is set up the same way as yours. I was wondering if it would take the wavebird, well it did, the Wii like you said is 100% compatible. I have to say, I have all three systems, PS3, 360, Wii. So far, its like this for me. 360, Wii, then PS3. The Wii might beat my 360 when mario galaxy and smash bros. comes out. I just love the xbox live too much. But Zelda is taking over my life right now. The Wii is awesome, it is a well made system. The PS3 still has potential, just the games are horrible. In 4 months, it will be up there. Right now, its Wii and 360.

Cool cool :) I think that a lot more people are putting their money back on Nintendo cause they're starting to think smart. Or should I say staying focused. They makes games that's it that's all.

just so you know there's quite a lot of people saying that the wrist strap has broken on their wiimote and broken someones tv

If they would stop trying to chuck that shit like they play for the MLB they wouldn't have this problem...

Ozmosis
11-21-2006, 05:08 AM
dam dude i need to save some dough and get me a wii

num2son
11-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Enjoy it bloo.

36chambers
11-28-2006, 06:00 PM
I just seen an advert for Wii Sports, looks very fun. How do the sports games play? They look great... and do you stand up and get into the groove when your playing tennis and bowling? :D

Bloo
11-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Oh yeah man, you gotta do it especially for tennis :) that and Boxing. Boxing is the shit though, you stand up and use the remote and the nunchuck cause they act like your left and right fists. You can throw jabs, underhands, uppercuts. and of course block and dodge. Sometimes it did some shit I didn't mean to do but it's a step in the right direction.

I have no doubt in my mind that Fight Night '07 for the Wii is gonna use this kind of setup. It'll fuck the 360 and PS3 versions once it drops no doubt.

brown_dogg
11-29-2006, 09:31 PM
does it get tiring to play after a while? i read the ign review of twilight princess and they said after playing like 50 hours of it they weren't tired. i was really thinkin about getting the wii cuz it looks so damn fun, but gears of war and halo 3 are still calling me.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
11-29-2006, 09:38 PM
shoulda got a 360 u woulda been much better off yo..

GEARS OF WAR=ADDICTION

Bloo
11-29-2006, 10:23 PM
does it get tiring to play after a while? i read the ign review of twilight princess and they said after playing like 50 hours of it they weren't tired. i was really thinkin about getting the wii cuz it looks so damn fun, but gears of war and halo 3 are still calling me.

Na, Not really. What a lot of people don't realize is that you don't have to put too much motion into the wiimore in order to execute commands. It's possible to play every game in Wii Sports sitting on your ass (I know, I've tried) It's just more fun to stand up and act out the exact motions. Plus it does make the motion of the moves a bit more accurate.

And also, it's not nessacairy to hold the wiimote out in front of you as far as you can, rest your arm on your couch arm and just aim it at the screen. Arm will never get tired that way.