PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know the clear story..

INF
11-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Of what the status is of Rocafella Records. Is it split? I remember the article a few summers ago in the Source when they had them all in a oval office setting, it said that there was trouble and then it said that certain artist didnt have a label no more due to the split between Jay and Dame. As time moved on with the presidency an all, I just quit payin attention. I remember Jay asking to leave with his masters and was like "at least let me have RD, thats my baby".

Now. He's back to reppin the ROC.

As far as I'm conerned, its a scam to sell more and more. Who knows the facts though?

ShaDynasty
11-19-2006, 06:02 PM
jigga owns it still
dame dash set up his own label and took all the masters with him

im not sure if roc a fella is still under def jam though

surely theres a conflict of interest?
my guess is there not telling the whole truth about this situation

GENERAL WISE
11-19-2006, 08:12 PM
the only thing clasic that came from Roc was RD

xHard to Earnx
11-19-2006, 08:43 PM
It's on ice until Jay gets someone he gives a shit about on Roc.

INF
11-19-2006, 09:51 PM
It's on ice until Jay gets someone he gives a shit about on Roc.

Thats sad. I wonder if we still had the many MC's that have left us(RIP) , if it would be that Jay-Z aint shit. He has status in numbers, and I know there are such better MC's right now still living, but you cant really see nobody that is doin it Big doin it better than Jay. Its like he abuses his gift or some shit. idk...

I know we hear all this chit chat back and forth about Fuck Jay or Hail Jay , I'm just always looking at things from another view so ya'll gotta exuse me for making another thread.

I'm on some other shit. Some quest shit. I like to have the biggest POV that I can. Those that know , know whats up.

Iron Man
11-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Did y'all know that ROC once offered GZA a contract and he threw it beck in their face.

INF
11-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Did y'all know that ROC once offered GZA a contract and he threw it beck in their face.

Well ...OBD didnt. And , on top of that whats GZA got to do with this question I brought up? Just wonderin.

Orhan Gencebay
11-20-2006, 11:54 AM
ahaha...if thatīs true?! hahaha....i love gza anyways but that would be fantastic! i mean he did that track labels and guess he could update that that song by now