PDA

View Full Version : Six Muslim imams removed from U.S. airliner

7EL7
11-21-2006, 09:06 AM
MINNEAPOLIS - Six Muslim imams were removed from a US Airways flight at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on Monday and questioned by police for several hours before being released, a leader of the group said.The six were among passengers who boarded Flight 300, bound for Phoenix, around 6:30 p.m., airport spokesman Pat Hogan said.

A passenger initially raised concerns about the group through a note passed to a flight attendant, according to Andrea Rader, a spokeswoman for US Airways. She said police were called after the captain and airport security workers asked the men to leave the plane and the men refused.
Story continues below ↓ (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15824096/#storyContinued) advertisement ad_dap(250,300,'&PG=NBCMSN&AP=1089');

“They took us off the plane, humiliated us in a very disrespectful way,” said Omar Shahin, of Phoenix.
‘Six scholars in handcuffs’

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15824096/

snapple
11-21-2006, 09:10 AM
this nation sees in color

Black Man
11-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Everybody sees in color. And it's wasn't their color the passenger saw, it was their religion. This happened when they went to pray. That's how I see it!

born invincible
11-21-2006, 11:13 PM
people are living in fear.... this is the effect of terrorism being brought to our country.

the folks on the plane put the clerics in the same category as terrorist and completly missed the fact that you cant judge a group of people simply by their ethnicity or background.

kinda how some folks around here are constantly doin that to white folks!!!

if these clerics were treated unfairly based on the terrorist steretype then so have all the white folks here. not all people of middle eastern descent are terrorist just as not all white people are white devils!!

i know 7EL7 will a witty comeback for this... :dududu:

WuTangWarrior
11-21-2006, 11:34 PM
people are living in fear.... this is the effect of terrorism being brought to our country.

the folks on the plane put the clerics in the same category as terrorist and completly missed the fact that you cant judge a group of people simply by their ethnicity or background.

if these clerics were treated unfairly based on the terrorist steretype then so have all the white folks here. not all people of middle eastern descent are terrorist just as not all white people are white devils!!

well said...im just outraged man this is really messed up

snapple
11-21-2006, 11:38 PM

yea hahah i love it when people catch such feelings about racism and preach, yet they don't practice what they preach at all and use reverse racism. it's nice to know there are other people who aren't biggots on here. thats PEACE. this nation needs to learn to be colorblind, and the first step is educating people. we can do that on this fourm. there are plenty of racist people on this site, and dont give up hope just cause they kick that bullshit "its the internet" or "its just words" or "whats the point" you gotta take a few swings sometimes before you can knock the wall down

7EL7
11-22-2006, 12:11 AM

no witty comeback needed

after all of these years of being here you still don't understand

and thats ok man

Wu-tang Fan
11-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Ayyo, Ayyo, this is my say on da issue: Muslims are not a race they are a religion. So it is impossible to be "racist" towards muslims. Just wait until General_Wise sees this. lol!

WuTangWarrior
11-22-2006, 02:26 PM
how about prejudice then?

whitey
11-22-2006, 02:47 PM
then again if some people did the same thing to about 19 guys on september 11th 2001 the world might be a different place.

(just playing white devils advocate)

7EL7
11-22-2006, 02:58 PM
the remote controlled planes would have still been flown into those buildings
and the demolition crew would have still set off the explosives

WARPATH
11-22-2006, 03:07 PM

This.....fear, is the reason terrorist attacked this country. Now law enforcement doesn't need an exscuse to tap your phones and monitor your shit.

These people on the plane were a victim of racial profiling.

I seen an old asian woman get searched down and brought to tears in an airport in Alberquerque, by two older white males.

This incident on the airplane can't really be compared to a bunch of arguing faceless internet posters.

And you wonder why your being judged on the internet.

7EL7
11-22-2006, 04:27 PM
This.....fear, is the reason terrorist attacked this country.

the country attacked its citizens

Treazon
11-22-2006, 04:41 PM
the terrorists scared society into believing they did it.
capitalists and the american gov't benefits from that