PDA

View Full Version : Can You Believe This?

Black Man
11-21-2006, 10:43 AM
There's this little girl who had to write a paper about the pros and cons of slavery. She didn't write about any pros (because there wasn't any) and she get's a B on her paper. When the teacher was questioned about the pros, the teacher replies they got food clothing and shelter.

Now think that over. They got food clothing and shelter...as if they didn't already have those things and then some. Now this idea of "black" people being savages, animals, backward, no culture, no civilization, etc. etc., is the idea that is being kept alive and still being passed down via public shcools/teachers to children, and you really think that race is no longer an issue? We're not talking about hundreds of years ago, we're talking about the other day.

The institution of "racism" always shows its ugly face and still exists in the fields of education, religion, government, labor, etc. etc. and this is a modern day testimony of such.

The pros of slavery were that black people got food clothing and shelter...that's what an school teacher had to say regarding the pros of slavery.

What kind of peanut butter and jelly bullish is that?

Alesco
11-21-2006, 10:50 AM
I hear ya man.

Hopefully this young girl will grow up to be a great women. So then her familly
can be proud of her. Coz she represents her familly and not colour.

hidden ninja
11-21-2006, 06:38 PM
the teacher probably just wanted to make sure the girl could write an essay that showed the pros and cons of her thesis, though. not that that isn't fucked, but proper format of your essays is a part of the grade.

LHX
11-21-2006, 06:41 PM
There's this little girl who had to write a paper about the pros and cons of slavery. She didn't write about any pros (because there wasn't any) and she get's a B on her paper. When the teacher was questioned about the pros, the teacher replies they got food clothing and shelter.

Now think that over. They got food clothing and shelter...as if they didn't already have those things and then some. Now this idea of "black" people being savages, animals, backward, no culture, no civilization, etc. etc., is the idea that is being kept alive and still being passed down via public shcools/teachers to children, and you really think that race is no longer an issue? We're not talking about hundreds of years ago, we're talking about the other day.

The institution of "racism" always shows its ugly face and still exists in the fields of education, religion, government, labor, etc. etc. and this is a modern day testimony of such.

The pros of slavery were that black people got food clothing and shelter...that's what an school teacher had to say regarding the pros of slavery.

thats pretty retarded yo

whats the answer?

is the teacher at fault? or is the teacher a idiot that dont know better?

is that racism or ignorance?
was it motivated by hate?

i think not

there are dimensions to this (and it looks pretty bad from all of the angles)

whats worse?
people who hate? or people that are dumb?

or is there a difference?

Sexy Jasper
11-21-2006, 06:47 PM
the teacher probably just wanted to make sure the girl could write an essay that showed the pros and cons of her thesis, though. not that that isn't fucked, but proper format of your essays is a part of the grade.
Exactly. It's to show, no matter what your stance on a subject is, you need to be able to comprehend the views of the opposition. Regardless, this is a very bad example to use in class.

Black Man
11-21-2006, 06:57 PM

What are the pros of slavery?

Black Man
11-21-2006, 07:00 PM
You people are missing the point. It's not about format, it's about what being taught in schools and what ideas are being placed in childrens head. Everybody wants to talk about change, and when a real life situation arises and is brought to the know the ledge, the actual situation isn't talked about, but the teacher's actions are being justified.

And comprehending the views of the opposition???? Comprehension is understanding and I in no way can understand any pros of slavery, nor could anybody else who knows of this except here which isn't suprising.

Sicka than aidZ
11-21-2006, 07:04 PM
What are the pros of slavery?

dude itz not a matter of the pro'z and con'z of slavery itz a matter of the content. im charred muthafucka but if there'z no pro'z to slavery she has to find make the topic broader and include more than slavery. like homeboy said "there'z wayz to write an essay to get the grade" ...i know bro cuz ive aced every english class at the community college. and yo, alot of the teacherz learned from me cuz ima natural at this shit. peace

Sexy Jasper
11-21-2006, 07:09 PM
You people are missing the point. It's not about format, it's about what being taught in schools and what ideas are being placed in childrens head. Everybody wants to talk about change, and when a real life situation arises and is brought to the know the ledge, the actual situation isn't talked about, but the teacher's actions are being justified.

And comprehending the views of the opposition???? Comprehension is understanding and I in no way can understand any pros of slavery, nor could anybody else who knows of this except here which isn't suprising.

"Regardless, this is a very bad example to use in class"

the art of reading.

But if I sat here long enough thinking about it, I could probably come up with a few pros. Pros that don't outweight the cons, but pros non the less. But I'm not going to because I'm not in school.

Sicka than aidZ
11-21-2006, 07:10 PM

and yeah maybe im missing the point, but i think itz probably because your so persistant and closed minded about this shit that i just assume your an idiot. your also missing the point, see, threadz are kind of like essayz too. u need to put more time in covering all the anglez cuz your basing most of this around a grade. u should go broader. god i wish i hadnt gotten baked itz just makin me retarded.

peace

Black Man
11-21-2006, 07:14 PM
dude itz not a matter of the pro'z and con'z of slavery itz a matter of the content. im charred muthafucka but if there'z no pro'z to slavery she has to find make the topic broader and include more than slavery. like homeboy said "there'z wayz to write an essay to get the grade" ...i know bro cuz ive aced every english class at the community college. and yo, alot of the teacherz learned from me cuz ima natural at this shit. peace

Then you're not for education. Education isn't simply about getting a grade or doing what it takes to get a grade. School don't equal education. And getting the "grade" isn't getting an education.

The topic that was given was the pros and cons of slavery and the students didn't decide the topic the teacher did.

Black Man
11-21-2006, 07:18 PM
and yeah maybe im missing the point, but i think itz probably because your so persistant and closed minded about this shit that i just assume your an idiot. your also missing the point, see, threadz are kind of like essayz too. u need to put more time in covering all the anglez cuz your basing most of this around a grade. u should go broader. god i wish i hadnt gotten baked itz just makin me retarded.

peace

when did i make this about a grade? the grade played a part in it(she got a b which isn't bad) but it's the topic and what the teacher said was the pros and everything that comes with it.

Without slavery, black people, you little girl would not have a house to live in, food to eat, and clothes to cover your body. Thank all those people who whipped you, destroyed your family and family values, who destroyed you identity, self worth, self esteem, etc. etc. That's what's being said.

I don't assume you're an idiot, I just know.

hidden ninja
11-21-2006, 07:19 PM

peaceexactly man, I mean, did this girl choose to write her paper on slavery? or was it a class assignment? I'm not trying to justify anything here, but you seem to jump on the racism train without considering lots of things.

I'll agree, though, that the mentality taught in schools is messed up, and our society is racist as hell - among other things. look at this forum.. but what are we going to do? institute a new school system? completely overhaul the current curriculum? what exactly is the "point"?

Sicka than aidZ
11-21-2006, 07:21 PM
oh im to baked your right blackman i dont think there was any proz to slavery either, my bad i didnt really pay enough attention so i take the idiot dis back. but the teacher is right in his own way and that girl just needed to put more thought into it. maybe something like " well if there had been no slavery maybe thingz today would be worse off" and then go into explaining why. what'z she in "6th grade?"...well lol, yeah i doubt its that big of a deal man she'z probably gonna write a better essay wit a stronger impact.
i dont know im still high

the teacher isnt teaching about slavery tho he'z teachin english.

Sicka than aidZ
11-21-2006, 07:25 PM

blackman^

yo maybe teacher aint that bright dog this whole thread could be a huge essay. maybe u should go dig up something about slavery education in schoolz.

Black Man
11-21-2006, 07:26 PM
exactly man, I mean, did this girl choose to write her paper on slavery? or was it a class assignment? I'm not trying to justify anything here, but you seem to jump on the racism train without considering lots of things.

I'll agree, though, that the mentality taught in schools is messed up, and our society is racist as hell - among other things. look at this forum.. but what are we going to do? institute a new school system? completely overhaul the current curriculum? what exactly is the "point"?

The girls didn't chose the topic, it was the teacher. And keep in mind when the teacher was asked about the pros of slavery, all she could say is, without it you wouldn't have a house to live in, food to eat, and clothing to cover with. I must say again, what type of peanutbutter and jelly ish is that?

Not a new school system, but an education system. There's a difference. Just as the times have change, the curriculum needs to change.

Maybe people don't realize but the past is what determines today. Everything that happened a second ago, has influenced what the now is, and what the future will be. If you want change, as I work toward change, it must start with the youth for they are the future. Change the mindset of the children and the world will change.

Sicka than aidZ
11-21-2006, 07:28 PM
awww fuck im ripped dude im outta this one....letz just say this thread getz an F . peace

Black Man
11-21-2006, 07:30 PM
oh im to baked your right blackman i dont think there was any proz to slavery either, my bad i didnt really pay enough attention so i take the idiot dis back. but the teacher is right in his own way and that girl just needed to put more thought into it. maybe something like " well if there had been no slavery maybe thingz today would be worse off" and then go into explaining why. what'z she in "6th grade?"...well lol, yeah i doubt its that big of a deal man she'z probably gonna write a better essay wit a stronger impact.
i dont know im still high

the teacher isnt teaching about slavery tho he'z teachin english.

The teacher is teaching about slavery and not english. And the pros the teacher gave was food clothing and shelter. That's what the teacher said the pros were. How much thought is that?

The if part about slavery, theres no room for the if, because the teacher asked for the pros and cons of slavery, not what if slavery didn't happen.

Sicka than aidZ
11-21-2006, 07:34 PM
yeah your probably right

Black Man
11-21-2006, 07:35 PM

blackman^

yo maybe teacher aint that bright dog this whole thread could be a huge essay. maybe u should go dig up something about slavery education in schoolz.

Ok, the teacher may not be that bright but she's a teacher and responsible for the children she teaches. If you can't handle the weight of the responsibility either leave it alone or go to the gym and get your weight up.

And really, this thread, the focus isn't racism, but whats being taught in school.

Imagine a jewish person in school with nothing but germans there and they have to watch a film on the holocaust. How do you think that person would feel? Or if they had to write an essay on the pros and cons of the holocoust? That can be psychologically damaging and can effect how that person views themselves, their people, and the world in general...

abasi
11-21-2006, 08:04 PM
First of all I think in the pros and cons format of an essay slavery isn't a good topic. I don't know if the teacher is racist but it was stupid to state the pros
Children are very impressionable they take everything in even when you don't think they do
I just hope that little girl's mind isn't damaged

LHX
11-21-2006, 08:41 PM
the teacher is clearly a idiot

LHX
11-21-2006, 08:41 PM
no offense intended if the teacher is reading this

zeppelin2k
11-21-2006, 09:04 PM
the teacher is smart
there is a pro
without slavery america wouldnt have been able to be made

its not saying slavery was right, but that is a pro to someone who loves america

Os3y3ris
11-21-2006, 09:25 PM

Technically the teacher is correct. They did indeed get food, clothing and shelter that they could've possibly gone without. There are also the positive benefits to American blacks and the nation as a whole.

Thats not defending slavery in any way. Its just that no matter the magnitude of evil, one should be clear on what is and what isn't the case.

Os3y3ris
11-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Imagine a jewish person in school with nothing but germans there and they have to watch a film on the holocaust. How do you think that person would feel? Or if they had to write an essay on the pros and cons of the holocoust? That can be psychologically damaging and can effect how that person views themselves, their people, and the world in general...

Or, the person could quit being such a pussy and state the facts of the matter. If they truly believe that there are NO pros to the issue, then they can argue that fact. You fight ignorance with intellect, not emotional meltdowns.

born invincible
11-21-2006, 11:11 PM
no offense intended if the teacher is reading this

the teacher is clearly a idiot

you wild son...

LHX
11-21-2006, 11:40 PM
no seriously

its not offensive when a doctor tell somebody they got cancer

i dont mean to offend

snapple
11-22-2006, 12:42 AM

hahhahaa that school teacher is absolutley retarded and should actually know her history before she starts teaching about it. our school systems are so weak it's not even funny. america just keeps spiraling downward and downward...what a shame..

Strange Fruit
11-22-2006, 06:55 AM

too cool for the muthafuckin classroom,,,
word.

look, i see where you're coming from.
another thing is, slavery is too much of a touchy
subject for kids to be practising their formats on.
it's true that this girl's gonna grow up thinking
slavery fed her people,,, but hopefully, someone will teach
her something that'll shift her status on the whole thing
yeah?

Sicka than aidZ
11-22-2006, 07:14 AM
yo strange fruit, keep checkin around for these awardz and shit u might get one. that sig set up is tight and the banner is lookin sweet.

Os3y3ris
11-22-2006, 09:53 AM
You guys are awfully condescending. This little girl couldn't explain WHY there are no pros to slavery? Is she incapable of making a coherent argument?

Black Man
11-22-2006, 10:03 AM
You guys are awfully condescending. This little girl couldn't explain WHY there are no pros to slavery? Is she incapable of making a coherent argument?

Who said she couldn't say why there weren't no pros? I myself don't know of any pros to slavery, but that's my perspective, as is hers, and I'm sure the majority of people of color would also agree.

Rapist says to the rape victim, "so tell me, what are the pros and cons to being raped?" Victim says all the cons and there are no pros. Is the victim incapable of making a coherent argumen?

Black Man
11-22-2006, 10:04 AM
the teacher is smart
there is a pro
without slavery america wouldnt have been able to be made

its not saying slavery was right, but that is a pro to someone who loves america

Can you prove this or is this an educated guess? Many nations have been "made" without slavery.

Black Man
11-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Or, the person could quit being such a pussy and state the facts of the matter. If they truly believe that there are NO pros to the issue, then they can argue that fact. You fight ignorance with intellect, not emotional meltdowns.

arguing there are no pros wasn't the assignment. the assignment was the pros and cons, and who said anybody had an emotional meltdown?

everybody doesn't neccessarily have a forum to argue their facts of the matter. this didn't happen in college or high school so keep things in perspective

Sexy Jasper
11-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Rapist says to the rape victim, "so tell me, what are the pros and cons to being raped?" Victim says all the cons and there are no pros. Is the victim incapable of making a coherent argumen?
Do you see the teacher as the rapist?

The victim could answer, it made her/him a stronger person, in that case. There's pros and cons to everything, some are harder to find than others. The teacher was right, regardless of how delicate the subject is.

LHX
11-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Do you see the teacher as the rapist?

The victim could answer, it made her/him a stronger person, in that case. There's pros and cons to everything, some are harder to find than others. The teacher was right, regardless of how delicate the subject is.
end of thread

that's the universe we live in

any other approach simply will not get the job done

Wu-tang Fan
11-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Why haven't you closed it then?

Black Man
11-22-2006, 12:10 PM
end of thread

that's the universe we live in

any other approach simply will not get the job done

I see you agree there's pros and cons to everything. The only pro that the teacher gave was food clothing and shelter, and we all SHOULD know that they already had that and what they got from slavery wasn't better than it was in their home, so that's not a pro.

Os3y3ris
11-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Who said she couldn't say why there weren't no pros? I myself don't know of any pros to slavery, but that's my perspective, as is hers, and I'm sure the majority of people of color would also agree.

If she wrote (relatively) in depth about how there are no pros, then she fulfilled the assignment. If she just didn't include any, or didn't support her argument that there were none, then she deserved her grade.

Um, the teacher was a slave master? As far as the argument goes, if you can't argue that there are no positives to being raped, then either you fail at arguing or your stance is wrong.

arguing there are no pros wasn't the assignment. the assignment was the pros and cons, and who said anybody had an emotional meltdown?

Right, and if there are no pros, thats part of the equation. As far as emotional meltdowns, thinking you don't have to answer because its a touchy issue is an emotional response that stifles the intellect.

everybody doesn't neccessarily have a forum to argue their facts of the matter. this didn't happen in college or high school so keep things in perspective

Thats why she's in school. Its also why she got a B, only having done 50% of the assignment.

Os3y3ris
11-22-2006, 12:14 PM
The only pro that the teacher gave was food clothing and shelter, and we all SHOULD know that they already had that and what they got from slavery wasn't better than it was in their home, so that's not a pro.

Actually, if they ended up being sold in America, the Ashanti probably already took their food clothing and shelter. The idea of white people rampaging through the "dark continent" taking slaves is fundamentally ridiculous. This was BEFORE the race for Africa, which was war on a continental level. Prior to that, the dealings with the Africans were in large part ruled by fear and respect, whites not even SEEING their African trading partners.

So no, they didn't have shit in Africa.

Sexy Jasper
11-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Plus their chances of catching AIDS are a lot bigger in Africa than in North America.

It really isn't that hard.

froth
11-22-2006, 06:05 PM
lynch the teacher

Black Man
11-22-2006, 06:20 PM
If she wrote (relatively) in depth about how there are no pros, then she fulfilled the assignment. If she just didn't include any, or didn't support her argument that there were none, then she deserved her grade.

You're wrong. The teacher wanted pros to slavery, not an in depth how there are NO pros. Is that hard to understand? And her grade is not the point, she got a relatively good grade (B).

Right, and if there are no pros, thats part of the equation. As far as emotional meltdowns, thinking you don't have to answer because its a touchy issue is an emotional response that stifles the intellect.

Have you spoke to the girl about her emotions? Ofcourse not, so wheres all this emotional meltdown coming from? She didn't give any pros because SHE DOESN'T SEE ANY PROS TO SLAVERY! It's not about not wanting to give an answer, SHE SAYS (THE WRITER OF THE PAPER) THERE ARE NO PROS! And slavery is not a touchy subject for everybody.

Thats why she's in school. Its also why she got a B, only having done 50% of the assignment.
Your math is off. 50% of 100 is 50 which typically is a F

Black Man
11-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Actually, if they ended up being sold in America, the Ashanti probably already took their food clothing and shelter. The idea of white people rampaging through the "dark continent" taking slaves is fundamentally ridiculous. This was BEFORE the race for Africa, which was war on a continental level. Prior to that, the dealings with the Africans were in large part ruled by fear and respect, whites not even SEEING their African trading partners.

So no, they didn't have shit in Africa.

:z Wake up! I know it's not stimulating but we respect what people

have to say whether it's right or wrong.

Now, is this person right with "them" not having shit in Africa? :thumbdwn: :no: :nonono:

Ok, so you don't agree. In order to survive one of the needs of the body is food correct? :mmmyah: That's good...so you're not as naive as some now are you? :nonono:

So if food is a need, and they didn't have "sh*t" in Arica before slavery, how in the world did they survive all those years prior to "white" contact?