PDA

View Full Version : Beat makin , sample takin , never ever move fakin.

INF
11-22-2006, 09:35 PM
So, I'm on this shit about watching MPC beats being made. I feel like , Count Bass D is the master of the MPC at the moment but thats my opinion. Of course, RIP Jay Dee.

Ya'll know how I get down by now. A lil youtube + a lil convo = a possibly ill thread.

This first video is nice. The way its set up is an adventure. It kinda sucks sometimes to just watch somebody straight go to work on the MPC. I like to see them get in the zone. In this first video we go to the store and start diggin. I felt like while the beat was being built that it might not come out right but, I was wrong. The beat is nice. Anyway, heres the video.

-V6z7BKiaCw

INF
11-22-2006, 09:47 PM
I like how this guy knows about using vintage gear.Also, he aint afraid to teach in this video. You'll see that alot of producers hide tricks and then some will throw out a little bit. Peep it.
XmG_ToM_CfM

INF
11-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Lil young cats doin they thing.
8TMV6tLFRE8

INF
11-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Hahahahaha! I love this thread already. I'm finding great stuff while looking for old stuff that I have already seen. Check this out.
WkCpl1nVRgU

INF
11-22-2006, 10:24 PM
One of the illest talkin about how he gets down on the MPC.

Pete Rock9:|6

ws2aCAhbsc0

INF
11-22-2006, 10:27 PM
A humble moment.......
iNdERpH0Jdc

INF
11-22-2006, 10:35 PM
ION9NwAt6KE

INF
11-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Arsonist terrorist.......
jckLUZUml5U

INF
11-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Good example...
Y5m4lnw5-oE

Bedlam
11-22-2006, 11:40 PM
lol at a 9 post thread with only one poster so far

naw, but i like these videos, I never fucked with an mpc though, I stay on the fruity loops

INF
11-23-2006, 03:50 PM
lol at a 9 post thread with only one poster so far

naw, but i like these videos, I never fucked with an mpc though, I stay on the fruity loops

Haha. Yeah, I wanted to make sure that I dropped enough video to talk about and get the point across. At first I was thinkin of just dedicating this thread to the MPC but the more I dug, the more I ran into some dope program tutorials. I'm learning how to use reason and I found some damn good reason videos.

I'm trying to show the reader what it takes to bang out these tracks. Alot of ppl are quick to critisize music and they arent really concerned with what it takes to make the music. I love hip-hop so much! Its one of the most creative forms of music to date and I figured that I could open up some new convo up in here.

It might just be me up in this thread posting vids and critiquing but soon , otheres will show up. Hopefully other artist will come up in this thread and we can really get down to the nitty gritty.

INF
11-25-2006, 01:13 PM
o1Ea1QJcMxo

30 minute video but its worth it if you are about working on beats and using the MPC. There is some really good stuff in here as far as music thesis goes.

INF
11-25-2006, 09:39 PM
That would be tight if albums could come with a video that is about the making of the album. I know that its been done before. I'm just sayin. Like dualdisc but instead of videos have video of what it took to make the album. you could do it all kinds of different ways.

I'd love to see how Electric Circus was made. From the ground.

INF
11-25-2006, 09:58 PM
e3lkZSY3waQ

*edit* Fuck this video. I'm about to replace it with another one.

tekunique
11-25-2006, 10:00 PM
another good thread....

tekunique
11-25-2006, 10:13 PM
heres 2 clips of my current fav. artists "HIFANA" from Japan... they are droppin knowledge about the MPC... only thing is its in japanese... someone pls translate..lol

PT. 1

leZQjvUDxjc

PT. 2

0S7Q660qlqE

snapple
11-25-2006, 10:15 PM
thanks for posting this videos, i wish i had my own MPC i use to play with my boy's for hours

INF
11-25-2006, 10:24 PM
another good thread....

Thanx. and thanx for adding on. I'm bout to peep them videos so look out for the edited version.

thanks for posting this videos, i wish i had my own MPC i use to play with my boy's for hours

lol , yeah, I dont have anything to record on at home right now. I found some footage of old drum machines that I have owned before though like the boss DR series. I have never used an MPC yet and I want one real bad. I already wrote a letter to santa. I got a homeboy that just picked one up and he has no clue of what you can do with it. He thinks at this point that you can just make the drum patterns on it. He doesnt even understand MIDI or anything. One day he just decided to get an MPC on credit. I gotz verrry bad credit. Santa better pay what he owe this year.}:|

snapple
11-25-2006, 10:26 PM
MPCs are far from cheap haha, and at the time where i could have afforded one i didnt give a fuck about my music, he just had one at his crib so when wed be chillin there id fuck with the MPC and record my shit, you can do so much with an MPC it's not even funny. its like god in a box hahah, actually fuck i think i might have to cop one now that im pursuring my shit

INF
11-25-2006, 10:31 PM
They aint cheap and from what I hear, they arent user-friendly at first. I heard its hard to get started. I've found all kinds of lessons and shit though in the net. You can even get tutorials on Reason and other programs like ACID and whatnot. Of course, that is no big surprise. Just something to think about.

TAURO
11-25-2006, 10:58 PM
The very first vid at the start of the thread was dope, the guy made it seem so simple and I liked his reason for picking out those particular records "they got dope covers".....lol, I always wondered what they looked for when digging because it just seems like such a daunting task with so many records to choose from.
The track he sampled was dope, he really scored there, the shit was inspiring, I may take this up one day.

zeppelin2k
11-25-2006, 11:51 PM
post the reason videos dun

INF
12-05-2006, 11:51 AM
post the reason videos dun

There is better than this. I been slackin. Let me see what I can dig back up and for now enjoy this.

yDb5YrraIuA

Tha Ill Shogun Lord
12-05-2006, 01:55 PM
that was Ill God

i just got this mc 808 hopefully i can benefit from your video

maestro wooz
12-05-2006, 02:04 PM
i watched a couple of these and they're pretty interesting. I'd love to be able to get one one day just to fuck with it and see what i could come up with. I'd cream my pants if there was a video of rza or premo putting shit together

INF
12-12-2006, 01:08 AM
I'm bout to post a bunch of shit on the MPC 1000. This machine is driving me insane.

1lYbe1kM5BQ

G96ij7Z4fMA

xHard to Earnx
12-12-2006, 06:20 PM
The first video in this thead is awesome. The Pete Rock one rules too.

5_ELEMENT_NINJA
12-12-2006, 09:02 PM
YO peace infinity tha god!nice vids!I have the mpc 1000 you should def get that one!All mpc run on OS just like the computer and these guys from japan have hacked the mpc1000 OS and they have given it more features then it is suposed to have!so basicly the 1000 is just as good feature wise as the 2500!If u are short of cash thou i suggest gettin the sp303 or the sp404 u can make some ill shit!if u go to my link u can hear 3 beats that i made only usin the sp404 and the beat caleed 8 drunkards was made on the mpc!thanks for this thread got me inspired again!
peace

INF
12-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Peace 5 Element Ninja!

I just recently got a chance to work with the 1000. My homeboy got one and he never worked a drum machine before so he wanted me to show him the basics. I never used an MPC b4 I went and messed with his. I used old school Boss drum machines though. I started to show him how to set things up and erase sounds and shit but at the same time I was teaching myself.

I heard that the menu was hard and that the MPC wasnt user friendly but I spent only 2 hours with it the other day and I understand it well. I'm gonna just keep learning on it and teach him but I'm gonna cop one as soon as all the holiday rah rah is over. By then my skills will be up to snuff.

I gotz tons of dope records! I got so many grooves that its gonna be impossible to stop me once I get started. I love the MPC. Its the best tool in music that I can think of. Dont get me wrong though. I still love traditional instruments and all but this machine links everything perfectly. Its enough to make a grown man cry. No lie.

I been watching these videos trying to get some pointers. I think they work well. i have already picked up crazy things. Its only been a week. Music is God.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-12-2006, 09:34 PM
heres my set up, hardware only bitchez!

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/846/dscn14023oc5.th.jpg (http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn14023oc5.jpg)

INF
12-12-2006, 09:41 PM
What kind of beat machine is that Ghostlaced?

We should have a Tech forum here. We could post shit about machines and FAQ's that go with them.

Something to look into......

5_ELEMENT_NINJA
12-12-2006, 09:54 PM
TRUE that would be cool!by the way infinity MPC is pretty user friendly once u understand how it works!Anyone ever use a ASR10 cuzz im thinkin about coppin one!peace

Lil' Ruger
12-12-2006, 10:04 PM
i always wanted to make a beat.....they make it look easy but from what i hear you guys say its hard....

i'd love to hook one up...ps ppl cheeck my thread in audio lounge titled "attention" i need some opinions.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
12-12-2006, 10:11 PM
its not hard once u learn what you're doing...it takes a while to really get the tru hang of it

INF
12-12-2006, 10:19 PM
its not hard once u learn what you're doing...it takes a while to really get the tru hang of it

I gotta be totally honest though. I dont think that I understand how to record a drum pattern in "real time". When I was showin my homeboy how to work the machine the other day , we would record bass tones and samples fine and they would loop back the same way we tap'd them but when we would lay a kick an snare over it then it would loop it back wrong.

I seen a video today that explained something that I think may be what I was looking for but I wont be sure till I go back and mess with that 1000 again. Maybe tomarrow.

Anyone ever use a ASR10 cuzz im thinkin about coppin one!peace

The ASR10 is dope! Check it out. I used it for something besides hip-hop but it came out bangin though.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-13-2006, 07:37 AM

Ensoniq ASR10 sampler keyboard, classic hip hop instrument (if you click the thumb it comes out bigger i labelled what ive got). I sold my MPC now though, didnt like it. I dont really make Hip Hop music now as much though so it wasnt to important to me.

5_ELEMENT_NINJA
12-13-2006, 09:31 PM
its not hard once u learn what you're doing...it takes a while to really get the tru hang of itya if u mouse clickin lmao!no disrespect fam but imma agree with infinity!playin samples in real time is a whole lot different then just clickin a mouse on fruity loops!Also just takin a loop or choopin a loop and puttin drums on it is easy!to make shit official u have to know how to add hidden laters to ya trakcs.also be able to make the drums groove by playin shit behind or ahead of the beat!its not as simple as many people think!

EAGLE EYE
12-13-2006, 10:08 PM

We should have a Tech forum here. We could post shit about machines and FAQ's that go with them.

Something to look into......

A sub forum for Technical discussion would be a nice addition to the Corp. Im surprised we dont have one by now..

INF
01-11-2007, 02:19 AM
5 element , you are correct. Crazy thing is , now I'm gonna use Frooty loops. It gets pretty intricate though in there. I guess that nothing is easy.Not even Crunk music>?????? Well...idk

NYLhd4WQnV8

CID DIGITAL
02-20-2007, 04:04 PM
7T4YNA3dsNM

CID DIGITAL
03-31-2007, 10:07 AM
RED SPYDA

qQ1hShhN568

WuGambino
03-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Dope thread, these vids are great.
Keep posting them it's appreciated! :b