PDA

View Full Version : To all the PSP people on the corp...

Bloo
11-23-2006, 02:24 AM
Now that Sony's done with the PS3 launch, they've started to focus back on the PSP a bit. They've just relaeased update 3.01 for the handheld here's the breakdown...

The main reason for this update is to prepare the system for the Playstation Store. In an effort to give Microsoft and Nintendo a run for the money, it is now possible (if you have a PS3 anyway) to buy PSOne games for download and transfer them to your PSP. Sony is working on the website that will allow us broke motherfuckers access to the service so that we can download PSOne games directly to the PSP without the need for a PS3, but it won't be ready to go for a bit.

There are some new icons on the menu now as well. In the Games section there is a Certificate Utility icon added. Right now it's useless but once the Playstation Store is up and running this is the area where all of the digital licences for the games you buy will be stored. Which means no sharing games between PSPs cause if it don't have the licence it ain't gonna work.

In the Network section the Remote Play function has been added to the system. This allows you to play media that's on your PS3 on your PSP and vice versa. For most of us that doesn't mean shit though seeing as how we don't have PS3s yet. I'm not too sure, but I also believe that this function also will allow you to either watch or play PS3 games through your PSP as well. Don't see how well that'll work though as the PSP is missing an analog stick, about 4 buttons and gyroscopes. But I'm pretty sure Sony's thinking of something. There's also an Online Manual icon added. This will allow those who are unfamiliar with the PSPs functions a walkthrough on how to do shit with your system (Wi-Fi connection required to use this) Those of us that have had our PSPs a while probably will never use this as we already know what we can do with them or don't care about the extra functions. Also, I don't know how many of ya'll listen to RSS feeds, but under that function you can now set your PSP to automatically download those feeds on a schedule iTunes style.

Also, probably one of the better reasons for the update, there is now an option in the System Settings to turn off the fucking auto load function that happens when you power on your PSP and there's a UMD in it, Thank God!

They've also added visuals to the MP3 player function so that you have something to look at when you're listening to music. Kinda like the effects on WinAmp or Media Player but there are only 5. Still better than nothing. There's also three speeds now for fast forwarding and rewinding.

In the Photo section, there's now a Camera icon added, which right now is useless as well seeing as how the PSP's Eyetoy isn't out yet. But once it drops, this is where you go to snap flicks with your PSP.

That's about it for the new shit. Just wanted ya'll to know what's up in case you still fuck with your PSPs. You can Go Here (http://www.us.playstation.com/PSP/Downloads/SystemUpdate) to grab it if you don't have a Wi-Fi connection. U.S. and Asia only though. Sorry Europe, ya'll probably won't get this until the PS3 drops out there.

Lil' Ruger
11-23-2006, 02:28 AM
i' dont have it but im getting it so props for the information.

NIGHT MAYOR
11-23-2006, 05:45 AM
im prolly gunna get a psp. any games i should look out for (apart from the gta's)?

Bloo
11-23-2006, 06:46 AM
Oh yeah

Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblins
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (if you're an RPG fan)
Luminies
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 1 & 2
I hear Killzone: Liberation is good
Ratchet & Clank: Size Does Matter

All I can think of right now.

Wu-Tality
11-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Tekken, Street Fighter, and Metal Gear: Portable Ops should be out soon

shaolinsword
11-23-2006, 01:12 PM
I sold my PSP, brought another one, then sold it again

Jet Set
11-23-2006, 01:26 PM
I heard developers are getting a bit maad a sony withe the PSP.

Because the DS i selling like trice the games the PSP is. And the UMD movies are dropping in the bargain bins. Movie companies were complaining about that too. Those things just won't sell.

Another note is that alot of people just use the PSP as homebrew stuff. I heard stories about people who have totally now PSP software or perhaps just one game.

shaolinsword
11-23-2006, 01:32 PM
the last thing I heard the movie industry was supposed to be stopping UMD movies

Bloo
11-24-2006, 04:39 AM
Yeah, a lot of companies dropped support for UMD movies. Even Sony pulled back support a bit. They still do em, just not as much but mainly it's just stores that aren't willing to sell them cause they don't sell well. YOu can find them now at like $9 a pop at most stoes that do still sell em. That's what Sony should've did in the first place.

shaolinsword
11-29-2006, 03:20 AM
yeah the worst thing is how expensive the UMD movies were. There's no point spending 20 on a UMD with poor sound quality, when you can spend that on a proper DVD