PDA

View Full Version : The Documentary Vs Doctor's Advocate.

Longbongcilvaringz
11-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Which album in your opinion is better?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/44/Game-the-documentary.jpg/200px-Game-the-documentary.jpg Vs http://www.allhiphop.com/reviews/drgame_rev.jpg

personally, game followed up the documentary probably in the best way he could.

The beats on "Doctor's Advocate" are eqaul or better than that of "The Documentary". The production is great on tracks such as:

- Too Much
- Let's Ride
- Compton
- One Night

the rest of the album is basically solid, every track has a banging beat.

lyrically, i think game has progressed since "The Documentary", less name dropping and generally better rhymes.

however, imo the real appeal of the album is how it sounds, and game has the ability to make a dope beat sound even better with his flow and voice.

"The Documentary" had great production, but a few track were dissapointing (No More Fun And Games, Church For Thugs, We Aint) and the name dropping was ultimately annoying.

overall, "Doctor's Advocate" is probably my favourite "commercial" release of the year (imo better than "Tha Blue Carpet Treatment" & "Kingdom Come". Also it seems that game has been able to again fuse good music with good sales, without even having a token "radio single" or "love track".

"The Documentary" - 8/10

"Doctor's Advocate" - 8.5 or 9/10.

drop some thoughts.

Kenny Powers
11-24-2006, 11:48 PM
The doucmentary has songs ill remember on it. I dont know if im gonna remember any of the joints on DA

Cm0ney
11-25-2006, 12:23 AM
the doctors advocate just because of why you hate the game

WuTangWarrior
11-25-2006, 12:40 AM
i havent listened to all of doctors advocate so im not gonna vote yet, but ill say documentary for now

tha god concept
11-25-2006, 12:48 AM
i h8 both these albums with a passion

just my oppinion yall

crass
11-25-2006, 12:48 AM
i gotta listen to it more, but i was definitely impressed. Documentary has some tracks that blow me away ("don't need your love"), but Doctor's Advocate is pretty damn dope.

11th Chamber
11-25-2006, 09:31 AM
i gotta listen to it more, but i was definitely impressed. Documentary has some tracks that blow me away ("don't need your love"), but Doctor's Advocate is pretty damn dope.

I feel the same way.

When I first got Doctor's Advocate, kinda wasent feelin it too much. Put I have been listening to it alot more recently and its pretty fuckin hot.

cap
11-25-2006, 10:53 AM
i just copped doctors advocate yesterday,so i might change my mind in time,but for now i like documentary better.
but doctors advocate is a great follow up!
great beats,bangin' album.u can tell game took it a bit more west on this one.

game is gonna be one of those rappers with a great catalog,cus he really knows which beats to choose and make 'em bangas!

Smif-N-Wessun
11-25-2006, 11:43 AM
doctor's advocate...because there's no 50 cent on it