PDA

View Full Version : Hell Hath no Fury a classic??!!

Galvatron97
11-25-2006, 02:39 PM
What up,

I been hearin mad people say that the new Clipse album is fire and that mad music magazines(XXL, Vibe, Rolling Stone, etc) have been giving it really good ratings.....

Has anybody heard it yet? I mean I heard Mr. Me Too but that shit aint no classic material and last time i checked the clipse were just a bunch of average rappers spittin about the same old tired cocaine and rims shit....

the only thing they have behind them is the Neptunes, and Pharell and co have never produced a whole classic album last time i checked....Mad hits, yes.....but not a classic album.....plus the Neptunes are kind of on that futurized synthesizer production tip....not exactly my style.....or many Wu fans styles either nahmean???

anti-social
11-25-2006, 03:09 PM
umm...it's not a classic album. it's a good car album. but yes the lyrics get tiresome like waiting for a wu tang release. :yessad:

snapple
11-25-2006, 03:13 PM
how long have you listend to reeup and clipse for son? average rappers?

xHard to Earnx
11-25-2006, 03:22 PM
the clipse were just a bunch of average rappers spittin about the same old tired cocaine and rims shit....

Wrong.

snapple
11-25-2006, 03:24 PM
i wish more rappers would rap about unicorns, outerspace, and lucky charms

tical2000
11-25-2006, 03:34 PM
I give it an honest 4.5/5

snapple
11-25-2006, 03:35 PM
god damn bootlegging motherfuckers hook me up ive waited to long for this album

anti-social
11-25-2006, 03:39 PM
snapple i got u...:Y ....hit me up....dirty money is my favorite track of the album.

Ozmosis
11-25-2006, 04:18 PM
its dope i like that keyz open doors track

ShaDynasty
11-25-2006, 04:38 PM
lord willin is classic imo, and from what ive heard this should be too
i ordered it today so i should get it in 3 or 4 days

12weLvE
11-25-2006, 04:40 PM
I ve heard Keys open Doors...which ofcourse is another Coke track. Wamp wamp and Mr. Me 2. Wamp wamp is wack...keys open doors is real real good and mr me 2 is average...A classic produced by the neptunes: I dont know i am a little iffy about that. I ll check it out next week I guess.

Ozmosis
11-25-2006, 04:43 PM
I ve heard Keys open Doors...which ofcourse is another Coke track. Wamp wamp and Mr. Me 2. Wamp wamp is wack...keys open doors is real real good and mr me 2 is average...A classic produced by the neptunes: I dont know i am a little iffy about that. I ll check it out next week I guess.

mr. whatever uses the same drumloop neptunes used for drop it like its hot

TSA
11-25-2006, 04:47 PM
id say 3.2, lot of repetitve beats and flows. no emotion

12weLvE
11-25-2006, 04:49 PM

^^ Yeah I noticed that too...Is Pharrell getting lazy lol. Is cool though, RZA used the same sample for Dirtys Skrilla on Meths Glide...and the same Drums on Brutality on Presidential Emcee, so yeah all producers do this.

Tetsuo
11-25-2006, 06:03 PM

Wamp, Wamp and Mr. Me Too wack? You need to chill. Those tracks are both classics, Revisit those jawns.

Cm0ney
11-25-2006, 08:49 PM
just downloaded this today (couldnt wait) and i think its great. most of the beats arent very complicated but theyre still enjoyable. clipse is a good group!

11th Chamber
11-25-2006, 08:53 PM
What up,

last time i checked the clipse were just a bunch of average rappers spittin about the same old tired cocaine and rims shit....

yea, u can really just stop talkin dude...

And, never base ur opinion of an album on the lead single, as we all know that they are always usually the worst and most pop driven tracks.

xHard to Earnx
11-25-2006, 10:05 PM

No it doesn't.

snapple
11-25-2006, 10:07 PM
hmmm people are hating on clipse for the dumbest reasons ever in this thread, if you don't like clipse music thats cool, but some of you sound pretty stupid

Longbongcilvaringz
11-26-2006, 10:35 AM
not classic.

when i first got it i thought it was pretty dope, its gotten a bit worse with a few listens though.

still some of the shit on there is really good.

probably 8/10 for me.

whitey
11-26-2006, 01:24 PM
not pac inspired crackpot inspired. haaa

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
11-26-2006, 01:41 PM
hmmm people are hating on clipse for the dumbest reasons ever in this thread, if you don't like clipse music thats cool, but some of you sound pretty stupid

co-sign

Sideoutfox
11-26-2006, 02:35 PM

i think clipse are dope. i just think alotta the beats on HHNF suck. imo, its an above average album b/c of clipse. dope flows, dope lyrics. just thought the production coulda been better (XXL said it had gritty, boombap beats). 7/10

energizer
11-26-2006, 02:44 PM
i BOUGHT it the other day, i must say it was above my expectations, i only dislike one or two songs but other wise its a solid album, makes me want to check out lord willin

oDoUoSoKo
11-26-2006, 04:07 PM
i honestly think the asian dude is the one doin the most work, and pharell gets the shine and shit....watch itll be exposed cuz he'll be tite or somethin about it.

Tetsuo
11-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by snapple
co-sign

Double co-sign.

WuTangWarrior
11-26-2006, 10:14 PM
^^triple co-sign lol

yall are fuckin stupid, they put out a decent album and yall start saying theyre average rappers nd all they rap about is coc bla bla bla bla.......fuckin retarted. this album is close to classic, its fuckin ill, better than ALL recent releases

snakesonawiggly
12-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Rolling stone gave this 4 stars and gave Hov 3 1/2 stars, that should tell you something.

xHard to Earnx
12-12-2006, 05:02 PM
That Rolling Stone has never meant anything to anyone?

i honestly think the asian dude is the one doin the most work, and pharell gets the shine and shit....watch itll be exposed cuz he'll be tite or somethin about it.

Hugo's not in the credits anywhere.

Monkdude
12-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Wamp, Wamp and Mr. Me Too wack? You need to chill. Those tracks are both classics, Revisit those jawns.

Hahahah, Wamp, Wamp a classic? Please...

ShaDynasty
12-12-2006, 05:44 PM
whole album is classic, best album this year
exciting and weird production from pharrell (it says produced by the neptunes on the back of the cd but chad hugo is not in the credits), no comprimise lyrics and stance, totally hardcore shit. its much less mainstream friendly than their first, no big guest names, pretty much one subject for the whole album, and strange beats
but this is the way albums should be made: one producer, not too many tracks, no big name guests, no concessions to the crossover market, oh yeah and rappers with charisma and a dope turn of phrase

12-12-2006, 05:59 PM
if u know the neptunes, its usually Hugo that provides the melody and Pharell that does the drums

xHard to Earnx
12-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah, we're all aware. Once again, Hugo's not in the credits here at all. It's almost definite that he didn't touch this record much at all, other than a "Yeah, that sounds good."

12-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Credits are not always right, and if you have an ear for Neptunes production you can easily hear there's nothing different from their other production. There's no reason to assume that he had nothing to do with it.

& no, I don't think every one was aware of that

SurreaL
12-12-2006, 06:26 PM
This album is fire. fuck you haters that hate on everything that doesn't sound like anything like Wu Tang before 97'. Stop living in the past.

ShaDynasty
12-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Credits are not always right, and if you have an ear for Neptunes production you can easily hear there's nothing different from their other production. There's no reason to assume that he had nothing to do with it.

& no, I don't think every one was aware of that

i think theres a definite difference in the musical structure in 'neptunes' beats in comparison to 'pharrell' beats

Meta4
12-12-2006, 08:52 PM
how long have you listend to reeup and clipse for son? average rappers?

Exactly. Like "Mr. Me Too" or not but it is a tight single and I will call the album a classic, just give it time to settle in. Clipse is farrrrrr from average. They the next generation whos gonna bring in another golden era.

Dough Snatcher
12-12-2006, 08:53 PM
It could have been better...

PN_00
12-13-2006, 11:12 AM
^^ Yeah I noticed that too...Is Pharrell getting lazy lol. Is cool though, RZA used the same sample for Dirtys Skrilla on Meths Glide...and the same Drums on Brutality on Presidential Emcee, so yeah all producers do this.

yea man...glaciers of ice and guillontine used the same drum loop too...