PDA

View Full Version : Oh Shit! I slept on Electric Circus!

INF
11-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Like Rip Van Winkle. This album is amazing. This is an album that I refused to give a chance due to constint bad reviews. Sun Tzu is the only one I seen up in here that said this album was decent.

The production is very nice. I like the experimental feel.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/12/Electric_circus.jpg/200px-Electric_circus.jpg

cboals
11-25-2006, 07:04 PM
love it

INF
11-26-2006, 10:26 AM
All the songs melt into each other. Also , these tracks have more movements packed into them than some albums do on a whole. Great album.

Ink Is My Drink
11-26-2006, 02:55 PM
yeh i love this album

i got warned not to buy it and to buy anouther common album (i have ressurection and be) but i didnt have much money and electric circus was the cheapest of his albums in the shop so i bought it and def didnt regret it. yeh its experimental and all that but i like that!!! its good to hear somehting abit diff.

so anyone know any other albums that are like this? (some people say phrenrology cos its experimental too but i already ahve that)

oDoUoSoKo
11-26-2006, 04:03 PM
phrenology has 3 songs that imo are top 10 for the roots

1. quillls
2. thought @ work
3. seed 2.o

but ya, elec. circ. nice, i love come close.

36 Men in the Night
11-27-2006, 12:59 PM
yeh i love this album

so anyone know any other albums that are like this? (some people say phrenrology cos its experimental too but i already ahve that)

I think K-Os has this experimental style also! I love both of his LP's.

Check "Exit" & "Joyful Rebellion"!

Very nice sound, 4 sure!

FrenchShin
11-27-2006, 01:00 PM
actually, it proves Jay Dee was ahead of his time.

MindzEye
11-27-2006, 01:21 PM
I think K-Os has this experimental style also! I love both of his LP's.

Check "Exit" & "Joyful Rebellion"!

Very nice sound, 4 sure!

his new album atlantis: hymns for disco is real nice too

INF
11-27-2006, 01:40 PM
I love all the tracks on Electric circus but there are some real stand-outs. The track with the chick from StereoLab is the shit. I used to trip and listen to stereolab back in 99. They have these messages that you can hear if you are tripping. They set the records up for that shit. I got mad respect for Common. I always knew that he knew what was up but this album is the sinker for me. My favorite track is Aquarius.

I'm gonna look into K-os now.

oldie
11-27-2006, 07:30 PM
yeah, real nice album!!

i used to hate commons relaxed, laid back style of rappin but recently i spun Uncommonly Nasty and really caught a vibe off Common, then i got Electric Circus. real decent, chill out album but its got its raw tracks on it too!

Duke is kinda versatile.

INF
11-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Common whole delivery on EC is wild. You can hear nothing but passion. What I wouldnt give to have video of the making of this album. Musta been crazy.

tekunique
11-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Common whole delivery on EC is wild. You can hear nothing but passion. What I wouldnt give to have video of the making of this album. Musta been crazy.
i wanna see a video of Eminem in the booth recording "KIM" that woulda been bugged out......

Bedlam
11-27-2006, 11:17 PM
i wanna see a video of Eminem in the booth recording "KIM" that woulda been bugged out......

haha word, I bet Dre was buggin like "what the fuck is this white boy doin???"

but back on topic, I've always wanted to listen to this album, but I never get around to it.

INF
11-28-2006, 12:09 AM
haha word, I bet Dre was buggin like "what the fuck is this white boy doin???"

but back on topic, I've always wanted to listen to this album, but I never get around to it.

Do it! Do it now! Now! Like Now now.

For real, for real. This is a must. If you love hip-hop then you will go do it right now! Now. Quit reading this. Go! Buy and or D/L Electric Circus!

36 Men in the Night
11-28-2006, 04:13 AM
his new album atlantis: hymns for disco is real nice too

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to listen to his newest LP yet. Maybe in a few weeks, I hope so!

36 Men in the Night
11-28-2006, 07:28 AM
http://akabrownsugar.free.fr/intro.php

Look on this link, go to the bottom of this site!

There you can get a new track of Common, called "I have a dream" prod. by Will.I.am!

Enjoy!

FrenchShin
11-28-2006, 01:57 PM
lol it's my website

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
11-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Thats your site french?? Good Shit!!!

FrenchShin
11-28-2006, 02:05 PM
yea that is ! i'm blogging right now...

ShaDynasty
11-28-2006, 05:42 PM
i wish i had slept on this album

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Sun Tzu is the only one I seen up in here that said this album was decent.

I think i already made a thread about how i thought it was his best album, most people say ressurection though,

track: between, me, you and liberation = classicness! True story as well, his best friend really is gay

CharlesJones
11-29-2006, 04:36 PM
I haven't liked Common since Resurrection album and i have no interest in listening to Electric Circus album. Come Close song is gay and the clothes he wore in the video are gay LOL. He's a bitch for letting Erykah Badu turn him into a weirdo.