PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Rid Of Gangs?

Ultimate Fist
11-26-2006, 11:31 PM
I want to hear your ideas on this important issue. Its probably one of the bigger one's fucking up poor kids today. Here's some stuff to think about when you post:

*How are we going to get these impressionable kids who want to look tough away from them?

*How are we going to get rid of the reward for hustling and how can we replace it with legit jobs?

*The different types of gangs. There are gangs that want money, ones that just want to act tough, ideological gangs, etc. Can we stop them all?

*How can we convince people to leave gangs?

Alesco
11-26-2006, 11:43 PM
We cant force people to do any thing in life.

But we CAN help to teach our youth with our past experiances of fucked up
things we went throuth..

Teach them possitive things and not negitive things.

Its a hard task though, as tv is controlling alot of our kids with mtv n shit.

My 2 cents

Peace. Great thread bruv

Ultimate Fist
11-26-2006, 11:45 PM
I know. Its amazing the bullshit they put through the TV. I wish that we control the channels somehow and start showing the real side of that "realness" they put on MTV and BET.

Alesco
11-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Nah man..

Realness aint on tv screens, And thats ok.

I would much rather look a kid in his eyes when trying to help him.

Ultimate Fist
11-26-2006, 11:49 PM
I know that's probably better but I always wonder how can we reach all these kids out there? There are so many people who dont teach their kids anything about the world.

7EL7
11-26-2006, 11:53 PM
get rid of the system that promotes death and violence

get rid of the governments that keeps these in those conditions

the ones who make the guns,those little plastic crack viles,the ones who glorify violence and illegal money using cinema and video

cut it down from the root

Good Luck

Ultimate Fist
11-26-2006, 11:54 PM
How?

Alesco
11-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Yep, True

I think that if i can go ma whole life and there has only been one kid who
has been better off for me helping him or her. Then helping that one kid is
better than not helping any one.

EAGLE EYE
11-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Bear traps

Ultimate Fist
11-26-2006, 11:57 PM
I feel what you're saying Alesco but I dont know how to reach these kids, even dudes my own age. I know I've got a "duty to teach civilization" but I've got no idea how you actually do that.

Alesco
11-27-2006, 12:02 AM
I feel what you're saying Alesco but I dont know how to reach these kids, even dudes my own age. I know I've got a "duty to teach civilization" but I've got no idea how you actually do that.

Just put your self out there man..

Talk to these kids on the streets. But try not to preech to them though.

I dont have all the answers man.

The only advice i can give you. Is if you'l let me... IS

NEVER GIVE UP

NEVER

7EL7
11-27-2006, 12:02 AM
How?

alot of ways

you can move to where this doesn't exist and start new

you can pretend/believe it doesn't exist and block it out of your mind

YOU will never get rid of Gangs or the cause of Gang Violence in your life time

you can talk to children and suggest that they don't join gangs

but if you do not make a new better reality for them, they will kick you in the knees and run to the ARMs of the gangs - or - get taken out by the ARMs of the Gangs

Ultimate Fist
11-27-2006, 12:21 AM
That's deep.

To me there's gotta be 5 things we've got to do to shut down the gangs:
1. Get the kids away from TV where they learn dumb shit.
2. Teach the kids how to talk things out so they don't think they need to be violent over petty shit.
3. Get the church/mosque/whatever to start outreaching to them again, show them that a spiritual life isn't boring but can be deep.
4. Set up a system so there will be better jobs.
5. Teach them self-esteem so they dont need to act all macho all the time.

7EL7
11-27-2006, 01:31 AM
That's deep.

To me there's gotta be 5 things we've got to do to shut down the gangs:
1. Get the kids away from TV where they learn dumb shit.

there were gangs before TV
Unsupervised and unloved children often bind together and form Gangs
Good start though

2. Teach the kids how to talk things out so they don't think they need to be violent over petty shit.

Proper Communication is a must - but even with proper communication, anger can block sincere truth and common sense.

3. Get the church/mosque/whatever to start outreaching to them again, show them that a spiritual life isn't boring but can be deep.

Gotta Pay the churchs and mosque to care - thats their main concerns - not youth

4. Set up a system so there will be better jobs.

teach them how to do for self and create jobs for self

5. Teach them self-esteem so they dont need to act all macho all the time.

self esteem is built up by fellow gang members leading them to look cool while they shoot their guns

All of the adults in every community everywhere need to STOP, sit down, and communicate with each other properly about the situation and shape the communities children are in, how they got that way, and what they need to do to make shure that the children and the community is safe from gang violence

but they are all too tired to do this, they gotta work in the morning to make money to pay bills.

Os3y3ris
11-27-2006, 01:35 AM
Its impossible. People will always organize for combat, whether it be temporarily or permanantly. The only difference between a gang and a "legitimate" organization is the level of respect held for them by the community. I think that the real question is how does one organize "gangs" for positive purposes.

7EL7
11-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Its impossible. People will always organize for combat, whether it be temporarily or permanantly. The only difference between a gang and a "legitimate" organization is the level of respect held for them by the community. I think that the real question is how does one organize "gangs" for positive purposes.

to add....

and how do they protect themselves from other gangs who didn't organize for positive purposes

Taylor_Made
11-27-2006, 07:31 AM
I want to hear your ideas on this important issue. Its probably one of the bigger one's fucking up poor kids today. Here's some stuff to think about when you post:

*How are we going to get these impressionable kids who want to look tough away from them?

*How are we going to get rid of the reward for hustling and how can we replace it with legit jobs?

*The different types of gangs. There are gangs that want money, ones that just want to act tough, ideological gangs, etc. Can we stop them all?

How do we get rid of gangs??

Legalize it...Don't criticize it. Gangs fight for what? Territory. Why do they fight for territory? Drug Market. If you decriminalize the drug then you decriminalize the merchant. Gangs didnt start killing eachother at alarming rates until streets got flooded with heroin in the 70's and cocaine in the 80's. Legalize the drug and you willsee legit businesses all over the world shipping coke into the US. You'll also see Legit businesses in the US as well. All the street hustlers will become irrelevant and they'll have to go legit.

LHX
11-27-2006, 08:53 AM
if we start making all kids overweight diabetic asthmatics, it might get rid of gangs

then everybody would resort to being e-thugs

100pr00f
11-27-2006, 08:56 AM
fourm ur own gang and then take em out ...if u can...

J.T.S.
11-27-2006, 10:56 AM
As long as there's broken families, and parents who are drug addicts, and molest children. and police brutality on young minorities for no reason! there'll always be gangs!

7EL7
11-27-2006, 12:48 PM
why do so many corner stores and gas stations carry these rags ?

specifically red and blue ones

hmmmmm

http://www.unitedmaskandparty.com/Costumes/images/paisley_bandanas.JPG

Sicka than aidZ
11-27-2006, 01:39 PM

yeah i luv os3y3ris' postz, u gotz my vote for KTL king and ive only read 2 of em. :clap:

froth
11-27-2006, 02:00 PM
peace ultimate fist, i always like your attitude and i know you care about people

A big part of this is our educational system. It is grossly undefunded and we dont pay quality teachers enough. We need to totally revamp the educational system. I like what Gates is doing building 'virtual schools'. We need to change the way we educate to suit the times. Likewise I think we need to promote math and science almost exclusively. We need to change the attitude to one where the kids realize the world needs their help. This has to be done from an early age. I could go on about this but I want to get to everything.

This kind of ties in with what I was starting about education. In my opinion the government needs to promote math and science and even share our developments with other countries to stave off social and environmental problems. I dont think anyone is born bad. If the government would heavily subsidize these jobs and education then any kid of any color could know they were going to be put in a good job. Im talking paid education, health benefits, and at least $40k a year starting. This is very feasible and I think even the most violent types would see that the reward outweighs the risk, especially if we change the way we approach education. Lets get rid of 'every man for himself' and make it more like 'help the world through your job'. This would be appealing I think.

Its gonna be a slow process and the way to start is just a change in philosophy based on what we want as a country. We need leadership.

Its tough, we have to start with the young kids. I know what Im saying is idealistic, but it is possible. Nothing is impossible

froth
11-27-2006, 02:02 PM
and yeah osiris had a nice post, i mean christians are basically a gang if you think about it

netscape check two
11-27-2006, 05:32 PM
I was going to say something similar to what Taylor Made stated. A lot of the violence involving gangs is related to drugs. If drugs would be legalized, I think the gang violence would be cut down. I'm not saying I support the use of drugs, but people who want to use drugs can get ahold of them easily, even though it's against the law. What's the point in keeping drugs illegal? The anti drug crusade has failed, for the most part. If somebody is stupid enough to waste all their money on drugs, then let them.

On another note, I have seen some postive experiences when gangs get together and have a friendly game of bowling. Like i said before, put down the guns, and pick up the bowling balls.

7EL7
11-27-2006, 05:39 PM
I was going to say something similar to what Taylor Made stated. A lot of the violence involving gangs is related to drugs. If drugs would be legalized, I think the gang violence would be cut down. I'm not saying I support the use of drugs, but people who want to use drugs can get ahold of them easily, even though it's against the law. What's the point in keeping drugs illegal? The anti drug crusade has failed, for the most part. If somebody is stupid enough to waste all their money on drugs, then let them.

Prison system, hospitals, lawyers, etc.... would get a big chunk taken out of their pay if it was made legal

Ginnsey
11-29-2006, 05:33 AM
i was Sitting in my car outside a supermarket waiting for my friend to finish work when this fuckin 12 year old kid (im guessing his age) Drunk as fuck starts trying to start a fight with me. i just looked away and didnt humour him. he walked away but if he touched my car i would have freaked

snapple
11-29-2006, 10:40 AM
sports, sports are such a good way man. you need to start up youth sport programs, get the kids involved and become real tight with them. we're getting some shit rolling now. the church is also a good way. maybe even a youth center, but that costs a lot of bread...

snapple
11-29-2006, 10:43 AM
kids join gangs because of boredom, lack of sense of community, lack of self-worth, etc. etc. i could go on all day. you just need to get kids active by being create or doing sports or someshit

knewcheeze
11-29-2006, 12:21 PM
First of all....nothing wrong with a gang at all....if you got a group of people that stand on the principles of freedom justice and equality then dammit form a gang....have free food days for the community.....police the police.....that type of shit

anyways....last year eye was hanging out with nothing except gangsta's and most of them wasn't good people.....eye started hanging out with them cuz religious people and others was acting like they was too good to be around me...and the gangstas was there for me....

Dirty Knowledge
11-29-2006, 06:15 PM
^Agreed.

Did you mean maybe the crips and bloods? Or gangs in general as in, Tommy, Johnny, Lonnie and Blondie hang out together. They're a gang.

Gang violence is what needs to stop. Gangs I condone because I've been in gangs. Not organized, but a bunch of us who were friends with eachother. And it boils down to the money. The fame. We need to start reaching the youth at a much younger age instead of waiting for the problem to develop and then crying about it. This is America so let's start teaching about American problems in school and not be so scared to shelter our kids.

maestro wooz
11-29-2006, 07:30 PM
i think gangs will always be around. They're just like cliches that form at school, it's gonna happen no matter what. Shit, i live in the suburbs and not quite gangs form and, crews maybe you could call them, go around looking for trouble, fighting kids, fucking up mailboxes and shit. Gangs only become more then this because they form in a world where drugs and violence are a bigger influence. Sure tv and the media play a role, but it's a function of humans social tendencies and it's their environment that drives them to "gang" life. I think all you can do is to help the kids you know who might be in a situation where you can see them joining a gang down the road.

snapple
11-29-2006, 10:30 PM
wow some of you really have no common sense. Gangs, reffering to STREET GANGS, not clicks of friends and shit, REAL GANGS, COLORS.

maestro wooz
11-29-2006, 10:50 PM
I said think gangs form out of human's basic social tendencies to group together and they only become "gangster" because they're in a gangsterish setting. Not talking about how they replenish their ranks and keep membership up. Is what i said wrong? The first crips weren't friends first? As such, i don't think you'll ever be able to get rid of gangs just like you won't be able to get rid of bullies in school.

Dirty Knowledge
11-29-2006, 10:54 PM
^ Thanks, Wooz.

snapple
11-29-2006, 11:09 PM
I said think gangs form out of human's basic social tendencies to group together and they only become "gangster" because they're in a gangsterish setting. Not talking about how they replenish their ranks and keep membership up. Is what i said wrong? The first crips weren't friends first? As such, i don't think you'll ever be able to get rid of gangs just like you won't be able to get rid of bullies in school.

i don't think so eather, but are you implying we shouldn't try too?

7EL7
11-29-2006, 11:35 PM
again - people are too busy trying to get paid to even care - the focus is on paying the bills and looking nice on the weekends
nobody really gives a fuck
thats taken it too far huh
well i can't say nobody cares

i will say that the very few who may say they care will not bind together with others who say they care and do something about it

LHX
11-29-2006, 11:42 PM
again - people are too busy trying to get paid to even care - the focus is on paying the bills and looking nice on the weekends
nobody really gives a fuck
thats taken it too far huh
well i can't say nobody cares

i will say that the very few who may say they care will not bind together with others who say they care and do something about it

qft

maestro wooz
11-30-2006, 01:31 AM
i don't think so eather, but are you implying we shouldn't try too?

Nah, like you said get them in sports and make them realize gangs are bad. I really don't know cause there is no gang life around me but i know gangs are bad. I just don't think you'll ever be able to eliminate them because not everyone is gonna do their job. If you're in the position to, you should try to help people as much as you can.

7EL7
11-30-2006, 08:04 AM
gang bangers don't calm the violence down until some one close to them gets shot up real bad and dies
and even after that sometimes they still keep it going

TeknicelStylez
12-01-2006, 10:51 AM
80% of you people have never even seen a real gang operate in your life.

LHX
12-01-2006, 11:11 AM

most people havent been out of the city either

snapple
12-01-2006, 11:38 AM

well i personally know suposidly blood members, and i know many real LK, ive heard king tone speak before in person. ive seen LK ride out on someone in fort green PJs. i am not a gang memember and have absolutley nothing to do with it. all the kids from LK aren't like my fam you know? but i see them work and it aint no joke

Os3y3ris
12-01-2006, 12:43 PM

Thats a silly statement when you look at the entire spectrum of gang activity. I all too often find myself of the recieving end of their minor operations, so I'm pretty sure I've seen it. Finding myself on the bad side of folks nation wasn't too much fun. And here's the thing. I don't care who's real and who's not. If I run into an Almighty 6 Point Crip Mob or some such nonsense, it doesn't matter how "real" they are. All that matters is if I can deal with them.

Dokuro
12-01-2006, 01:13 PM
we need to do what snoop is doing inprove education in the ghetto and creat more after school programs as well as job that the only way to remove the crime in the hood is throgh education so this gose out to all rapers and eny one with a daller give back to your comunity

Os3y3ris
12-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Snoop is one of the biggest problems. lol