PDA

View Full Version : YOU can't save the world

Visionz
11-27-2006, 01:51 AM
There's so many different paths that people travel in their time here on earth. That moment of inception where it all started can be very different from one person to the next and yet even more complex where the road leads from there.

Many are unhappy with the current state of the world, myself included. But it can not be changed by me alone and this is true for any one person. Our only strenght resides in our numbers and when we are stripped of that, our power for whole-sale change goes along with it.

But you do have control of what you do with your own waking life. You can change what you think about, you can change how you act. You can change your own perspective or you can keep on doing exactly what you're doing. That may be a good thing and it may not be but I think in the end, except for the most insane of psychopaths, we all know the difference between right and wrong. In what ever path you choose, have chosen, and are currently walking on, you have the power to constantly do the right thing. What that is exactly is irrelevant as the answer is as varied as the path themselves, but you no doubt know what that means in your own capacity and situation. If you want to see this world change, then the means of correction is a simple one. Do the right thing. The single biggest factor in shaping a better tomorrow will be the individual's ability to accept their own personal responsibility and act accordingly.

INF
11-27-2006, 01:57 AM
de ja vue

Visionz
11-27-2006, 01:59 AM
de ja vue
really?

INF
11-27-2006, 02:01 AM
...well yeah.

Visionz
11-27-2006, 02:04 AM
mmmm, I get a case of deja vu' every now and then. I think it happened today at work.

We are talking about life re-enacting previous dreams when you say deja vu right?

INF
11-27-2006, 02:07 AM
mmmm, I get a case of deja vu' every now and then. I think it happened today at work.

We are talking about life re-enacting previous dreams when you say deja vu right?

yes.

Visionz
11-27-2006, 02:10 AM
word, then I must've been destined to write it then. lol

INF
11-27-2006, 02:16 AM
word, then I must've been destined to write it then. lol

If that is what you believe.

Visionz
11-27-2006, 02:32 AM
If that is what you believe. I just believe it needed to be said so I said it. What's your reaction to seein it?

INF
11-27-2006, 02:35 AM
I just believe it needed to be said so I said it. What's your reaction to seein it?

It reminds me of weeks ago when I tried to bring my personal quest up in here as CID.

7EL7
11-27-2006, 02:39 AM
does everyone really have that much control over their own life Eric

or is that something most tell them selves repeatedly to make themselves feel like they are in control of where they end up ?

Visionz
11-27-2006, 02:44 AM
does everyone really have that much control over their own life Eric

or is that something most tell them selves repeatedly to make themselves feel like they are in control of where they end up ?There's always exceptions I supposed, but I'd say that anyone that has the means to read this text here has the means to make their own choices in life. Do you think that's not the case?

7EL7
11-27-2006, 02:48 AM
yes we can read the words and change our perception of things
and chose to do what we see as right

and others can read the words and chose to do what they see as right

we all have different visions

and often get in each others way

the stuff War is made out of

Visionz
11-27-2006, 02:58 AM
yes we can read the words and change our perception of things
and chose to do what we see as right

and others can read the words and chose to do what they see as right

we all have different visions

and often get in each others way

the stuff War is made out of War happens when people get caught up in the details. There's nothing wrong w/ people have a difference of oppinion, its when people don't want to respect that difference that the problems arise.

7EL7
11-27-2006, 03:09 AM
War happens when people get caught up in the details. There's nothing wrong w/ people have a difference of oppinion, its when people don't want to respect that difference that the problems arise.

true

depends on the opinion though

and the actions that stem from such an opinion

Prince Rai
11-28-2006, 05:38 AM
^ our general conduct in life then.
actions could mean conduct, and it can be true that wars and perhaps anything else in life is bound by what we do with our opinions and visions about life.

thats quite a negative thought, but such is life. we choose a path which at least leads a posibility to light at the end of the tunnel.

7EL7
11-28-2006, 07:06 AM
possibility

thats a big what if

a dream

a belief/pretend

Dirty Knowledge
11-29-2006, 05:27 PM
I don't think the world needs saving. Like you said, you DO have power in your own life. As I see life, it's a very beautiful thing. In the midst of wars, police killings, gang rapings, I can still wake up and enjoy the wonderful blue sky that has somehow been placed above me. And I did so even when I was locked up (under pressure) so you can't come at me with that "You can enjoy it cuz you don't live in the slums, you're not at war". I thank God for everything that has been put around me no matter how corrupt. People come and people go. Some people have tried to make things better but only left a legacy. Basically I believe that nothing in life needs changing. People on the other hand? Ya' damn right they need to change! Some of em. But can you REALLY change a person's outlook or mindset? No way. I would never try to gather a mass crowd and brainwash them with my ideas. Though I do respect those who have for what they thought was peaceful. World Peace may never be, but Peace Of Mind you can achieve. Who knows, if more people start thinking like this then maybe one day a new generation can be at peace with one another.

Visionz
11-30-2006, 12:46 AM
I don't think the world needs saving. Like you said, you DO have power in your own life. As I see life, it's a very beautiful thing. In the midst of wars, police killings, gang rapings, I can still wake up and enjoy the wonderful blue sky that has somehow been placed above me. And I did so even when I was locked up (under pressure) so you can't come at me with that "You can enjoy it cuz you don't live in the slums, you're not at war". I thank God for everything that has been put around me no matter how corrupt. People come and people go. Some people have tried to make things better but only left a legacy. Basically I believe that nothing in life needs changing. People on the other hand? Ya' damn right they need to change! Some of em. But can you REALLY change a person's outlook or mindset? No way. I would never try to gather a mass crowd and brainwash them with my ideas. Though I do respect those who have for what they thought was peaceful. World Peace may never be, but Peace Of Mind you can achieve. Who knows, if more people start thinking like this then maybe one day a new generation can be at peace with one another.

Word, the point of the thread was really just an indepth way of saying that the process of change always starts within first, and that things are gonna take time.

There's a long line of history to get things where they currently are, and as such its going to take a long time to get things headed somewhere else. I would like for everyone to have a roof over their head, food in the fridge, and clothes on their back. I think the world contains enough resources and the means to allocate them that these basic needs are capable of being met.

The question is "What will it take to actually happen?". I think it'll be baby steps to get there (TOGETtHERe, funny how the words themselves tell you we got (to get there) together. But its gonna take a while. I think its headed in the right direction.But we're gonna have to teach our kids better, we're gonna have to be more honest with the people around us, we're gonna have to be less judgemental, we're gonna have to be more accepting.

First and foremost, we must teach ourselves these and so many more admirable qualites, then we must live them and then we must teach it to others, and most importantly our children.

Visionz
11-30-2006, 09:09 PM
anyone got oppinions on this^

Dirty Knowledge
12-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Greetings, Eric..

I agree with what you are saying because it's the right thing. Though, not everyone is willing to better themselves. So many people today only care about themself and or a material item weather money or a drug of some sort. You'd be surprised to find out just how many people don't care about the condition their life is in and will die just as quick as they'll mess it up even more.

So, for ourselves, I think all we can do is like you said, teach ourselves. Experience life for our own good and when we finally do have children it is mandatory that we teach them. And not neccessarily teach and stuff food for thought down their throat but to guide. Guidance is a higher princaple than teaching because it takes a great knower to guide. And who knows more than the parent?