PDA

View Full Version : Dem Franchise Boyz Disses Nas In A Interview

MR HIP HOP HEAD
11-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Dem Franchise Boyís Parlae interview from OZONE Magazine:

http://apps.universalrecords.com/tourgallery/photos/639_413_1.jpg

ďHip Hop is a tool we use to avoid violence, gun play and everything else that comes with the streets, itís Music, weíre expressin ourselves, we haviní fun, nobody is trying to hear about ancient scriptures and sh*t, n*ggas is trying to get with b*tches, go read a book if youíre tryna get educated.. Its always the over the hill rappers tryna get back in the game and diss the hottest thing out, which right now is the South. Itís a movement. this ainít 96, nobody is checkin for Nas anymore. Just because we donít live to a certain type of hip hop code he does, we ainít hip hop?Ē

Nas will murder Dem Franchise Boyz one by one in a battle. No contest.

Monkdude
11-27-2006, 08:44 PM
They actually have a point.

oDoUoSoKo
11-27-2006, 09:00 PM
not really, avoid violence? whats the body count ya'll? and might i add, hip hop was murdered, violently. ps these guys are rappers not hip hop artists and they have nothing to prove otherwise.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
11-27-2006, 09:11 PM
that explains why I don't feel that south party music because it don't stimulate my mind or soul

rap music has been focused on material wealth for so long that the music itself has become materialistic because its got no soul

like krs-one said they forgot hip hop is an art form

Ultimate Fist
11-27-2006, 09:19 PM
No I feel what their saying. I love conscious rap and I'd never buy a DFB CD but rap isn't about being conscious. That ain't how it started. It DID start with having a good time, staying away from hood shit. What was The Sugarhill Gang about? They weren't talking about no social issues.

Koolish
11-28-2006, 12:13 AM
it depends if you consider hip hop music. music should be musical, music shouldn't be commercial (not literally commercial meaning popular, commercial meaning tasteless/substanceless, the word commercial that we've come to know).

snapple
11-28-2006, 12:39 AM
nas is a faggot for saying hiphop is dead, and it will be revived when his album and jay-z's album dropped. people who honestly beleive hiphop is dead should just stop listening to hiphop then, and stop posting on hiphop forums, and go pick up some other shit then.

and "nas will murder them in a battle" thats not the point....there are a lot of MCs that would muder nas in a battle as well.....youre not seeing the picture man

Sideoutfox
11-28-2006, 12:39 AM
No I feel what their saying. I love conscious rap and I'd never buy a DFB CD but rap isn't about being conscious. That ain't how it started. It DID start with having a good time, staying away from hood shit. What was The Sugarhill Gang about? They weren't talking about no social issues.

co-sign

it depends if you consider hip hop music. music should be musical, music shouldn't be commercial (not literally commercial meaning popular, commercial meaning tasteless/substanceless, the word commercial that we've come to know).

co-sign

TurnThePage
11-28-2006, 12:45 AM
fuck some lame franchise boyz

tekunique
11-28-2006, 12:46 AM
that statement is so clueless i dont even know where to begin........here, listen to the reggae joint, "Murder Dem"... Ninja Man beat yall 16yrs ago.....

dudes like this make south look stupid as fuck.... lol..

P-Noid Brown
11-28-2006, 01:56 AM
nas aint gay saying hip-hop aint dead...

he's right it basically is this shit aint like it was before .. no morals no standards now...just raping our culture thas all...

tical2000
11-28-2006, 02:25 AM
DEM FRANCHISE boys= why hip hop is dead

these dudes are offering nothing to hip hop.....lyrics, beatwise, subject matter, creativity....these dudes are garbage

Lil' Ruger
11-28-2006, 02:31 AM
they should die i actually met the REAL girlfriend of parlae on a forum she is fat as fuck!!!!ugly ass hilarious to me.....she proved it was her too....

nas is right and i knew everyone would try to bust shots at him do you see anybody from the east or west saying no to if hip hop is dead???

these guys are snappers not rappers.

snapple
11-28-2006, 02:40 AM
nas aint gay saying hip-hop aint dead...

he's right it basically is this shit aint like it was before .. no morals no standards now...just raping our culture thas all...

hes a faggot for saying hiphop will no longer be dead when him and hova's album drop. thats why.

Lil' Ruger
11-28-2006, 02:44 AM
hes a faggot for saying hiphop will no longer be dead when him and hova's album drop. thats why.

the game will be ressurected with the new clan album and if not i will lose hope for hip-hop and it will die.

eVoL
11-28-2006, 02:46 AM
Hip Hop is a tool we use to avoid violence, gun play and everything else that comes with the streets, it’s Music, we’re expressin ourselves, we havin’ fun, nobody is trying to hear about ancient scriptures and sh*t, n*ggas is trying to get with b*tches, go read a book if you’re tryna get educated.. Its always the over the hill rappers tryna get back in the game and diss the hottest thing out, which right now is the South. It’s a movement. this ain’t 96, nobody is checkin for Nas anymore. Just because we don’t live to a certain type of hip hop code he does, we ain’t hip hop?
a few comments i'd like to add to this brainless quote:
- avoiding violence and everything else that comes with the streets? keep in mind how these faggots gained exposure from the media/record companies - they sold crack and gained some street cred.. anyone who knows how the "gangsta" industry works, you know what i mean
- since when did dudes become so desperate to attract women they needed to mass produce retarded songs for them?
- dissing the hottest thing out? then saying it's a "movement"? this aint a fucking movement, it's a trend. eric b/rakim, ice cube - that shit was a fucking movement.. hiphop was about doing your own thing, dressing your own way, not doing what 100% of your region does - the south (p.s. fuck the south, buncha country ass niggas)
- when it boils down to it, these homosexuals design their music from the start to get played in a "club", do the math on the whackness percentage

Lil' Ruger
11-28-2006, 03:19 AM
^^^100% true all of it was correct case closed.

LORD ZERO
11-28-2006, 03:20 AM
Lol @ Simple Minded Ass Tracks For Groupie Attention Being A Movement
Fuck Outta Here W/ Dat Dummy Shit

WuTangWarrior
11-28-2006, 03:51 PM

cosign wit snapple, thats a fuckin retarted nd ignorant thing to say, i didnt even kno Nas said that, it doesnt sound like him. Otherwise p-noid is right tho, the culture is has no moral value and its being raped

SaqurakiHanamichi
11-28-2006, 04:01 PM
how did they diss nas?

Lil' Ruger
11-28-2006, 04:08 PM
how did they diss nas?

are you dumb?

Prolifical ENG
11-28-2006, 04:14 PM
That title is genius....he gots all these cats talking about just the title of his album that no one has yet to hear. Its funny how no one gets it and draws hasty conclusions of what hes talkin about and who hes dissin.....all those southern cats talking how the east is jealous of them.

No one checkin for Nas? All his records so far are platinum....this next one has a chance to go too. usually record sales don't mean shit, but in this case it means a lot.

You can't always separate hip-hop into its regions like that.

maestro wooz
11-28-2006, 04:16 PM
go read a book if youíre tryna get educated.

lafffff, i really dont think things like "DEM" franchiZe boyZ were part of mlk jr.'s dream. Hip hop's not dead, alot of it just isn't postitive anymore

"what happened to the type of spit that used to help a fella out"

HANZO
11-28-2006, 04:17 PM
- avoiding violence and everything else that comes with the streets? keep in mind how these faggots gained exposure from the media/record companies - they sold crack and gained some street cred.. anyone who knows how the "gangsta" industry works, you know what i mean
- since when did dudes become so desperate to attract women they needed to mass produce retarded songs for them?
- dissing the hottest thing out? then saying it's a "movement"? this aint a fucking movement, it's a trend. eric b/rakim, ice cube - that shit was a fucking movement.. hiphop was about doing your own thing, dressing your own way, not doing what 100% of your region does - the south (p.s. fuck the south, buncha country ass niggas)
- when it boils down to it, these homosexuals design their music from the start to get played in a "club", do the math on the whackness percentage

co-sign

hip-hop aint dead but the quality of music made has dropped so much that its considered dead by nas. you dont see the breakthrough of talented rappers coming out. todays rap music all sounds the same and every rapper chats the same shit. thats because of this lame south shit.

TAURO
11-28-2006, 04:18 PM
I see what they are trying to say, regardless what people may think party music does have a position to play in hip hop but the thing that they don't seem to get is that their music because it's just going through the motions it becomes just empty souless music which is what music should not be. Look at it this way, I bump hip hop from 93 now in my house like it just came out yesterday and I feel no shame doing so and people who hear it think no different but something like Dem franchise boys goes out of style after about a year, I bet no-one will be playing their music ten years from now, I doubt it will get played two years from now. Thats my problem with the music, it's disposable hence it's not worth investing my time with it.

Gawd
11-28-2006, 04:20 PM
They actually have a point.

I agree

WuGambino
11-28-2006, 04:22 PM
I don't like DFB, but Snapple is right Nas is a faggot for saying Hip-Hop is dead.
True, theres been plenty of weak shit this year, but theres been just as much good stuff (don't tell me the J Dilla was weak, Ghost was friggin hot, the Roots held it down and Black Sheep came back EDIT: LUPE FIASCO), only problem is it hasn't sold. Ok, so if the music isn't selling then it's basically dead, as it's gonna lead to record companies dropping the artists, there'll always be the indie labels, but then the 'real' hip-hop isn't gonna get any exposure and is much harder to get for a lot of fans. Therefore if the good stuff ain't sellin and Dem Franchise Boys an Nelly continue to be the stuff the kids pick up, how in hell is Nas gonna sell? The Roots had some great promotion they even had their lead single for downlaod on their MySpace to give peeps a taste, and in the first week they sold less than Method Man, so even with Jay-Z and Def Jam behind him I don't think Nas iis gonna do so well, Jay probably is but his album was weak.

Hip-Hop my be crap at the moment, but Nas ain't gonna resurrect it, and these guys have every right to make party music if they want to. When Method Man's album is packed with mainstream club tracks like Nah Mean and has only a few real solid tracks on it, yet it's recieved so well on sites like this it makes me wonder if some of you people are just hating that DFB are experiencing success at the moment and the vets of the game aren't. Whilst I don't respect their music they sure as hell have a right to make it.

On the other hand I gotta say I'm pumped for the Nas album, and what Tauro... said was pretty much on point.

Lil' Ruger
11-28-2006, 04:23 PM
I see what they are trying to say, regardless what people may think party music does have a position to play in hip hop but the thing that they don't seem to get is that their music because it's just going through the motions it becomes just empty souless music which is what music should not be. Look at it this way, I bump hip hop from 93 now in my house like it just came out yesterday and I feel no shame doing so and people who hear it think no different but something like Dem franchise boys goes out of style after about a year, I bet no-one will be playing their music ten years from now, I doubt it will get played two years from now. Thats my problem with the music, it's disposable hence it's not worth investing my time with it.

co-sign they are already fading away.....what hapened to D4L they should just quit while they're ahead.

CYENCE
11-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Them trash fake south artists always talking that "we do this for the clubs and to get the hoes dancing" excuse for making wack music. Niggas dont do nothing but go to the club and try to bag skanks? That's a pretty unfulfilling life right there. And if their intent is party music, that dont excuse it for being WACK. There are plenty of party records that are classics, but they are quality music. 75% OF 80's hip-hop is party music, Busta been doin stuff for the clubs forever, but these songs still brought legitimate elements of mcing and didnt seem like the lyrics and beat were pulled from a gumball machine.... These wack niggas can drop dead:loser:

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
11-28-2006, 05:19 PM
we need to start a movement ....imma start diss madd industry cats

Lil' Ruger
11-28-2006, 05:24 PM
we need to start a movement ....imma start diss madd industry cats

i was thinking the same thing a few days ago.....but i dont got a mic as you all know so i might just write some lyrics.....and if you think its good go ahead and spit it....if thats cool wit you.

ShaDynasty
11-28-2006, 05:33 PM
who cares

PDTantisocial
11-28-2006, 06:35 PM
I think this is the 238th official "Hip Hop is Dead" discussion thread.

Prolifical ENG
11-28-2006, 06:39 PM
I think this is the 238th official "Hip Hop is Dead" discussion thread.

exactly....hes got people talkin about it....nothing wrong with that marketing strategy

manhattan360
11-28-2006, 06:52 PM
If u aint saying nothing u shouldnet be calling yourself a mc hype man allright or just producer cause all im hearing it jsut a beat

TSA
11-28-2006, 07:03 PM
i agree with DFB in a way, except saying nobody is listenig to nas and ppl should read a book, i enjoy listening to both music. In my house im bumping nas wu and shit.. in my car i bump all different types, and in the club im listein to DFB and shit that gets bitches nuts... thats all im sayin, so im neutral

M.E.G.A.7
11-28-2006, 07:16 PM
fuck all this division. everyones like fuck the south or fuck the east. this already went down in hip-hop w/ east vs. west. to me it's not about coast vs. coast but dope vs. wack. cause for me to say fuck the south, my favorite group growing up was geto boyz and they are from houston & 8ball and mjg them dudes are dope. so much dope shit in the south to classify the whole south as wack. and i don't like dem franchise boyz or them laffy taffy dudes but we need that typa party music like cats been sayin... and i dont think nas disagrees with that either but i think what most cats got problem with is its all party music no lyrical. and when you think about it like that its not these party rappers fault at all its the labels and djs that only push and play party music... so you cant say fuck dem franchise boyz cause we already know from biggie and pac what happens when they divide hip hop up.. theres no unity in hip hop now at all. it shuold be dope vs. wack. and some party music is dope i mean in the club and shit but you cant listen to laffy taffy at your house by yourself youd go crazy cause theres nothing to that song but the beat! anyway rant over peace.

Imperial1
11-28-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm sure if Nas read that, he'd be rolling on the floor laughing his ass off. First at the name "dem franchise boyz" and then at their track record of wack songs.

Imperial1

Imperial1
11-28-2006, 10:56 PM

I agree with everything except for the dissing of the south as if you are dissing ALL southern hip hop. I agree there are a lot of southern artists who are an embarrassment to hip hop and the south, but not all apples in the bag have worms in them.

Imperial1

12weLvE
11-28-2006, 11:05 PM
nas is a faggot for saying hiphop is dead, and it will be revived when his album and jay-z's album dropped. people who honestly beleive hiphop is dead should just stop listening to hiphop then, and stop posting on hiphop forums, and go pick up some other shit then.

and "nas will murder them in a battle" thats not the point....there are a lot of MCs that would muder nas in a battle as well.....youre not seeing the picture man

I dont blame you for feeling that way. :nonono:

WUHEADSINCE93
11-28-2006, 11:06 PM
This generation don't want to hear real hiphop they just want to dance."Dem franchise boyz" and a host of other cats are the reason hiphop is dead.It's just a different hiphop era we live in....

SHRAP
11-28-2006, 11:18 PM
the game will be ressurected with the new clan album and if not i will lose hope for hip-hop and it will die.

:lmao:

Lil' Ruger
11-28-2006, 11:21 PM
:lmao:

is that a co-sign?

maestro wooz
11-29-2006, 02:16 AM
Them trash fake south artists always talking that "we do this for the clubs and to get the hoes dancing" excuse for making wack music. Niggas dont do nothing but go to the club and try to bag skanks? That's a pretty unfulfilling life right there. And if their intent is party music, that dont excuse it for being WACK. There are plenty of party records that are classics, but they are quality music. 75% OF 80's hip-hop is party music, Busta been doin stuff for the clubs forever, but these songs still brought legitimate elements of mcing and didnt seem like the lyrics and beat were pulled from a gumball machine.... These wack niggas can drop dead:loser:

this is how i feel

CharlesJones
11-29-2006, 05:30 PM
LOL@Dem Franchise Boys dissing Nas hahahahahahahahahahaha. Fuck them faggot ass wack rappers. They're the reason why rap music is horrible right now. Fuck these new southern rappers. Them dudes is terrible and they have no skills. Only south rappers i like are Goodie Mob, Geto Boys, 8Ball And MJG, Big Mike.

TSA
11-29-2006, 05:52 PM
..what kind of music do they play at parties yall go to? ..or do u not like women?.....dont get me wrong obviously nas is a much better artist, im just saying they have their place in the industry

Prolifical ENG
11-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I guess in a way it would confuse a new rapper in an industry...especially in the south since they blew or are about to blow up.

snapple
11-29-2006, 10:23 PM
everytime i go to the club all i hear is verbal intercourse, chicks be throwing their bras on the stage and shit

tragedykhadafi12
11-29-2006, 10:29 PM
fuck them dudes they suck. There is this huge misconception that people are hating on the south but thats not it because I think ti and luda and some are dope but there are so many from the south that FUCKIN SUCK!!!!! They are one of them

snapple
11-29-2006, 10:37 PM
i'm from NY and a lot of NY rappers suck dick too
a lot of white people suck
a lot of black people suck
a lot of avacodas suck, but some are ripe and delisious.

Prolifical ENG
11-30-2006, 04:13 PM
^^^^

yeah you're right about the avacatos...cant stand them when they're not ripe.

WuBanga36
11-30-2006, 05:23 PM
DFB = Garbage.

ThereisnoG.O.A.Tok
11-30-2006, 05:38 PM

but tasteless is actually something that the individual so it can differ.

Example, I use to download a lot of wu tang Affilates off this site under my other name "staycreepin" then I realize that I do not like that shit. Point blank. And I can argue that the people on this site who does, have a tasteless music choice and then is that consider commerical? As far as substance, most of the music that the underground likes are hood lyrics.

I understand what they are saying. Truthfull Nas is becoming washed up. Hi why would you diss someone and then get on their team? He need jiggah because it's good pr. Nas albums barely goes plat. you decide

I agree with them, MUSIC IS ENTERTAINMENT if you want to learn read a book. Not one rapper that I listen to has taught me anything, Most of my favorite quotes are from a BOOK not an Album.

I do not like wu tang for substance but for entertainment. I don't like Luda for talent but for entertainment. If I want music with substance, I'll listen to JAZZ and Classical inwhich I do. Hiphop in no weight shape or form is a music of substance if so prove it. Name one hiphop artist that can compare to any classical music composers? You can't. Hiphop is entertainment, although I don't call women out of their names, I do know that (black people) want money and women. that is true. Now you white folks I don't know nor care what you want. Some black people want to learn, thye don't retreat to an album because and album can not teach you. Most of you talk with ebonics, thanks to rap, children can't read but they can rap your favorite song, thanks to rap and most of alltrying to live the lyrics alot of black teens has lost their life thanks to rap guidence. For me it's entertainment for you it's your way of life. I agree not a fan of theirs but I agree.

RagnaroK
11-30-2006, 05:43 PM
Dem Franchise Boy’s can flush dem self in the toilet

Ozmosis
11-30-2006, 06:07 PM
they just sad that nas use the white tee line in his song

infamousWu
12-01-2006, 03:50 AM
ahhhhh shit the brothas who made "lean wit it, rock wit it" is mad at nas

TSA
12-01-2006, 01:59 PM

wisest shit..ever

TSA
12-01-2006, 02:09 PM
but tasteless is actually something that the individual so it can differ.

Example, I use to download a lot of wu tang Affilates off this site under my other name "staycreepin" then I realize that I do not like that shit. Point blank. And I can argue that the people on this site who does, have a tasteless music choice and then is that consider commerical? As far as substance, most of the music that the underground likes are hood lyrics.

I understand what they are saying. Truthfull Nas is becoming washed up. Hi why would you diss someone and then get on their team? He need jiggah because it's good pr. Nas albums barely goes plat. you decide

I agree with them, MUSIC IS ENTERTAINMENT if you want to learn read a book. Not one rapper that I listen to has taught me anything, Most of my favorite quotes are from a BOOK not an Album.

I do not like wu tang for substance but for entertainment. I don't like Luda for talent but for entertainment. If I want music with substance, I'll listen to JAZZ and Classical inwhich I do. Hiphop in no weight shape or form is a music of substance if so prove it. Name one hiphop artist that can compare to any classical music composers? You can't. Hiphop is entertainment, although I don't call women out of their names, I do know that (black people) want money and women. that is true. Now you white folks I don't know nor care what you want. Some black people want to learn, thye don't retreat to an album because and album can not teach you. Most of you talk with ebonics, thanks to rap, children can't read but they can rap your favorite song, thanks to rap and most of alltrying to live the lyrics alot of black teens has lost their life thanks to rap guidence. For me it's entertainment for you it's your way of life. I agree not a fan of theirs but I agree.

i argee to an extent...the "learning read a book part" wasn't my cup of tea, look at it this way

when i listen to Ironman, and supreme, im not learning shit, but you can obviously tell that a very intellegent person made those CDs and lyrics, and it's hat intellegence that keeps me interested and amazed. There's good songs and there's songs that amaze you like "Stay True".. It was intellegent artistry that lead him to make a song that sound like someone has just raided his village, killed his parents, he walks into his hut, sees his dead parents, grabs his dad's sword, walks outside face to face with the raiders(and there's like 100 of them) draws the sword and is about to bust ASS.
now the song didn't suggest this theme at all, (outside the beat) but when i put it to my brothers ear and asked him what he pictured her said "Like a samurai about to fight a whole army after his parents died or something" NO fucking joke. I would say that's ironic but it's really not.

The point is, the "intellegent" rap isn't liked cause you learn, learning isn't always the funnest, its dope cause it's amazing. That's what DFB lacks, the ability to amaze someone with an intricate mind as a lot of Wu fans have. Even if the songs tight it doesn't make you picture things outside of a party going on.

Either styles cool, but the "intellegent" rap when done right is amazing to someone with a strong enough mind to picture themes like that, not cause some people looovve to learn. The party rap is cool at parties which is about 20% of someones week but when i need entertainment, i go to that real shit.

Kenny Powers
12-01-2006, 02:12 PM
how can someone be a fan of DFB, all they do is make songs bitches can dance do. A fan of rap music cannot possibly be a fan of DFB or those wackass rappers in the south. A girl can shake her ass to it but a dude cant bang his head to it and that is the problem with mainstream hip hop these days...

Prolifical ENG
12-01-2006, 04:18 PM
I thank TFB for making music so I can fondle and grope women in the club while leaning with it.

Rebel_INS
12-01-2006, 05:56 PM
DEM FRANCHISE boys= why hip hop is dead

these dudes are offering nothing to hip hop.....lyrics, beatwise, subject matter, creativity....these dudes are garbage

Agreed. Fuck theyre wack shit.

IRONFLAGCHIEF36
12-01-2006, 07:13 PM
they said nobody is checking for nas anymore, yet his last album went platinum, and his new cd (which Dem Franchise Boyz basically named) is highly anticipated by many!

ThereisnoG.O.A.Tok
12-02-2006, 12:35 AM
is everybody washed up 2 u? Vanilla ice, MC HAMMER have all made hits & sold millions as well as dfb, and where are they now??so you tell me who is really washed up? Commercialism in hip-hop is a fad that eventually fades, along with artist who follow that trend. Yeah SD barely went platinum, but for artist who has been in the game for as long as he has, that goes a long way. Your comments are left field, random, & are filled with ignorance, thus leaving the reader confused. You come off as a self righteous senior cititzen who blurts out things he doesn't understand. Hip-hop is not a genre of substance? true 2 the degree of music that is being advocated 2 listener's today. But in no way does that imply to 2 those who put their hearts & soul into making quality songs. Quality in a sense that theyre music will be remembered in yrs 2 come...............................1

I sat for a moment and started typing what I wanted to say then I realized that I will say this, I have my beliefs and you have yours. I wasn't left field, I just wasn't making some psuedo I'm am hiphop remark. I'm not afraid to say what most people are. What's so left field about saying to me hiphop is entertainment? Oh because I don't hear the substance in Kool g rap's and moob deeps Kill you sell some drugs and leave the country fantasy they had? Naw I respect hiphop for the mood it put me in. It's great for my personality. It's not my way of life, it's just something to past the time. To dance to bump in the trunk of my car or just sit in my bed and zone out to. But what I want to know explain to me what I do not understand young man? Explain to me how my rant was just something he heard from a senior who doesn't listen to rap but read article about rap related events? Tell me this enlighten me What don't i understand. Keep in mind from the tender age of 8 until the fresh age of 22 I have been a hiphop fan.

wu82
12-02-2006, 02:15 PM
nas never said anything about these niggas so why are they getting heated?.. maybe they feeling guilty

TSA
12-02-2006, 03:35 PM
dfb> nas when around white hos, nuff said

Prolifical ENG
12-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Vanilla ice, MC HAMMER have all made hits & sold millions as well as dfb, and where are they now??so you tell me who is really washed up? Commercialism in hip-hop is a fad that eventually fades, along with artist who follow that trend. Yeah SD barely went platinum, but for artist who has been in the game for as long as he has, that goes a long way.

That is true, and in a way thats when record sales count. Thats why I made the thread about rappers going platinum 10 years later. That shows they they are no fad. I doubt 50 Cent will go platinum in 2012 (10 years after Get Rich or Die Tryin came out)

Kenny Powers
12-02-2006, 08:01 PM
I doubt 50 Cent will go platinum in 2012 (10 years after Get Rich or Die Tryin came out)

So what ur saying if an artist stands the test on time hes _______. fill in the blank, I mean u know there are nas' and wu tang that have withstood the test of time, but Eminem hasnt, does that mean he isnt hip hop?

Prolifical ENG
12-02-2006, 08:14 PM
So what ur saying if an artist stands the test on time hes _______. fill in the blank, I mean u know there are nas' and wu tang that have withstood the test of time, but Eminem hasnt, does that mean he isnt hip hop?

It has nothing to do with "whos hip-hop or not", but rather who is truly a legend and who is a fad. But Eminem is withstanding the test of time so far. His records are still selling. This is a seldom time that record sales do matter when it comes to commercial hip-hop.

Visionz
12-03-2006, 12:07 AM
fuck all this division. everyones like fuck the south or fuck the east. this already went down in hip-hop w/ east vs. west. to me it's not about coast vs. coast but dope vs. wack. cause for me to say fuck the south, my favorite group growing up was geto boyz and they are from houston & 8ball and mjg them dudes are dope. so much dope shit in the south to classify the whole south as wack. and i don't like dem franchise boyz or them laffy taffy dudes but we need that typa party music like cats been sayin... and i dont think nas disagrees with that either but i think what most cats got problem with is its all party music no lyrical. and when you think about it like that its not these party rappers fault at all its the labels and djs that only push and play party music... so you cant say fuck dem franchise boyz cause we already know from biggie and pac what happens when they divide hip hop up.. theres no unity in hip hop now at all. it shuold be dope vs. wack. and some party music is dope i mean in the club and shit but you cant listen to laffy taffy at your house by yourself youd go crazy cause theres nothing to that song but the beat! anyway rant over peace.co-sign

Kenny Powers
12-03-2006, 01:20 AM
cause for me to say fuck the south, my favorite group growing up was geto boyz and they are from houston & 8ball and mjg them dudes are dope. so much dope shit in the south to classify the whole south as wack. and i don't like dem franchise boyz or them laffy taffy dudes but we need that typa party music like cats been sayin

oh please everyone knows what groups to include and exclude when someone refers to "the south" as ruining hip hop, we know to exclude geto boys, scarface, and outkast (until i heard walk it out...whats up with that).

Visionz
12-03-2006, 05:32 AM
oh please everyone knows what groups to include and exclude when someone refers to "the south" as ruining hip hop, we know to exclude geto boys, scarface, and outkast (until i heard walk it out...whats up with that). But when you live in the South, you get tired of muhfuckas grouping an entire region together with the same dudes who kick a bunch of nothingness over a catchy beat. Should I just start assumin that all New York rap is garbage cuz of that chicken noodle bullshit? or would you see that as foolish?

Lil' Ruger
12-03-2006, 06:53 AM
^^that chick is prolly not from harlem anyway. prissy whore.

grimey
12-03-2006, 08:03 AM
how this cats gonna diss anybody? these the cats that have help kill hip-hop.......