PDA

View Full Version : ****Sun Tzu & WWI Present..."Purple State Of Mind"****

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
11-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Peace ya'll this is my new beat tape for ya'll to check out, its some conceptual shit, in a manner of speaking. The way I made this shit I wanted every beat to be something you could smoke out to u feel me? Some shit that would have hidden sounds & shit like that...I also flipped some joints that wu heads know verbatim because I wanted to put a twist to em...Overall this is my favorite beat tape because its got some ill ass shit on it...but enough talkin ya'll check it out n tell me wut u think!

http://rapidshare.com/files/5117825/Purple_State_of_Mind.rar.html

I would post the cover that came with the zip file but i realize that it's a hard bite of the chronic 2000 so imma come up wit some new shit LOL

get at me ya'll

PEACE

11-27-2006, 11:17 PM
imma have both my last tape and this one up on soundclick very soon too

and to those who i said i'd review plz hit me again with ya links....lost em

pro.Graveface
11-28-2006, 01:10 AM
Yo SunTzu I will check da tape tonight n hit you with feed in da mornin ayaay PEACE

MF Herbs
11-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Dis nigga here.... Imma peep it when I get off work

num2son
11-28-2006, 02:31 PM
1. Intro
2. Soul Of Rubber - 4/5
3. No More To Say - 5/5
4. Strangest Most Dangerous - 3.5/5
5. Fahrenheit 351 - 4/5
6. Go To Learn - 4/5
7. Purple State of Mind - 5/5
8. Haven't Been - 4.5/5
9. Here on Earth - 4/5
10. Insha Allah - 3/5
11. End of the Road - 4/5
12. Yo Fuck U - 3.5/5
13. Neverending Flow - 3.5/5
14. The Black Beat - 3.5/5
15. Outro

Dope solid album, great job.

LORD ZERO
11-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Review Coming Soon Fam

Dont Fuckin Sleep On This Project Ppl, May Be Da Worst Mistake Of Ur Entire Existence Lol

Wwi = Godz Invincible
-z-

11-28-2006, 06:46 PM
thanks for the feedback ya'll!

11-28-2006, 06:58 PM
and if ya'll wanna lace this project with lyrics go ahead! and all of my previous ones!

INF
11-28-2006, 08:39 PM
This is ill. Its themed well and its almost compleatly different from the last one(loop digga nigga). I like how all of your beats dont ever sound the same. I'll be back with a review later. I'm only half way into this mix right now.

Thanx!

5_ELEMENT_NINJA
11-28-2006, 09:38 PM
imma wait till its on soundclick,otherwise ill be downloadin all night lol1

11-28-2006, 10:31 PM
this beat tape is up on soundclick you can find it here

www.soundclick.com/thewarchamber

imma have the madlib tribute one up there along with the rest soon

11-28-2006, 11:28 PM
all the beats from all of my tapes are up on the soundclick now, check em out!

PEACE

5_ELEMENT_NINJA
11-28-2006, 11:54 PM
intro is mad dope like the title as well!
track 2 is dope 3.5 outa 5 nice pan efx and change up is nice!
no more to say-ya this is my shit very nice!!
strangest beat u already got my review on that
451-nice flip of a clasiic sample!only thing bass drum is a little loud and ya signature staccaoto hits are gettin to repetitieve.
got to learn-nice u startin to flip break beats!not realin feelin that sample and the part where its just bass goes on to long.gets old quick!
purple state-not really feelin this one either its cool but doesnt grab me like the other ones.
havent i been-nice one sounds like a doom joint.
here on earth-what the hell are those bass notes?shit is out lol not likin the low pitch sample and the short 2 bar samples start gettin old quick.try to lengethin ya sample choices or chop up longer bars!
insha ALLAH-nice flip of another classic sample!could use a bassline thou.
end of the road-this ones aight.
f u-sounds good like a classic wu joint.
neverending flow-trippy intro this shit sounds like mushroom music lol!
black beat-sounds crazy nice hype joint i like the turnaround!
outro-lmao this is out there!my type of shit!!!

yo on the real im very impressed u have stepped ya game up alot!my only critic is some of the samples get old quick because they to short .try to stay away from 1 bar loops or usin short samples!drums-u got a very crackin drum sound shit is on point thou only thing is they sound to robotic . try to loosen them up and mess with the velocity of the hi hats and kicks and place saners some late and some early the patterns are cool but i can tell its all computer shit and u want more of the human feel!otherwise shit is dope keep up the beats fam u got talent!now imma peep ya madlib project
peace!!!

pro.Graveface
11-29-2006, 02:10 PM
yo all I can write ! REAL HIPHOP keep making it yo

PEACE

GameOfDeath
11-29-2006, 02:32 PM
No more to Say and Strangest are really dope beats man. A lot of the songs start the same way with the sample then the drums come in. I think you should vary it some. Neverending flow is a very smooth track. I actually like this a lot. The rest was solid as well those in particular stood out more. I like the intro too.

5_ELEMENT_NINJA
11-29-2006, 10:09 PM
by the way SUN that was my sober review!lol imma listen again this weekend and give u the blunted review!peace keep up and ya i listen to the 1st couple of the madlib joints and that shit is straight FIRE!!!peace fam

11-29-2006, 10:23 PM
lol no doubt fam and thanks to everyone else for their reviews I really appreciate it! It keeps me motivated & strivin!

gotta get more & more product out there so the whole world knows!

num2son
11-29-2006, 10:32 PM
gotta get more & more product out there so the whole world knows!

No doubt, got anymore albums coming soon?

11-29-2006, 10:54 PM
yea always workin on beat tapes, & a bunch of other shit like my War Songz EP & eventually my Art of War album ..

Pharaoh Snefru
11-29-2006, 11:03 PM
Yo Sun this is madness, puffed a bad to this, and thought it was fabulous...this shit is unusual and marvelous sun...

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
11-29-2006, 11:05 PM
imma d\l this tommorow

11-29-2006, 11:05 PM
word word fam once UGS officially come back i wanna bring that madness for us

maestro wooz
11-29-2006, 11:08 PM
19-0

youre not still a cardinal are you sun tzu?

ps. as always, ill shit

11-29-2006, 11:09 PM
naw alot of bullshit happened & they kicked me out beginning of my senior year...a bitch huh?

maestro wooz
11-29-2006, 11:12 PM
ehhh, bitch school anyways. Haha nah just playing, yeah that sucks, especially before senior year. Ouch man, you're better then them though, it'll work itself out.

11-29-2006, 11:13 PM
yea the faster this year goes by & i get to college, the faster i can put that bullshit behind me

but yea im just focused on the music & im tryin to get into the business behind it

LORD ZERO
11-30-2006, 06:39 PM
intro - strictly for da alchies out there lol, like this one alot

soul of rubber - another one for the heavy drinkers out there lol, lovin the double snare in this one and the switch up is nuts

no more to say - this one i definently gotta get a sack and put on repeat and blaze one w/ da godz, lovin this sample, this one is a rza-esque type joint, str8 bangin

strangest most dangerous - lovin the sample on this one, drums kickin hard, just how i like it, mf doom vocal cut is a real nice touch too

fahrenheit 451 - criminology! lol this sample is classic and u flipped it real sick drums and snares are bangin fa real

got to learn - .....how to chop samples like tzu lol, i gotta get this one bangin in SOMEONES whip just to BANG for the whole trip there and back, show these krunkheadz what REAL HIP HOP is w/ this one lol lovin the bass kick on this one

purple state of mind - u flipped this one insane famz, switch up is one some O.O!! type shit, u killed this one real good fam

havent i been good to you - i swear to the heavens above, no matter what you say, this is a gay z sample! lol u flipped it 10000000000x better tho.....i taught u well my son lmao jk

here on earth - the ugs MUST........I REPEAT, MUST KILL THIS TRACK like no one has ever done in the future, im lovin this banga right here, especially dat crazy unexpected bass kick, sweet jesus O.O!

*listens to here on earth like 4 times b4 finishing review*

*finally finishes review lol*

insha allah - another banga flipped in a way only the soul controllah can! ya sample choices are more insane than mine are lol this is like a anthem banga right here......*cough*uniquegodanthem*cough*

end of the road - this one is MINE, end of story lol, another insane sample choice *begins to take notes* lol, i woulda flipped the main sample the same way but BETTER because im ZERO lol jk, u killed this one

yo fuck u - this one sounds like somethin u just diss the FUCK out the industry w/ naming artists and all *cough*suggestionmuthafucka*cough*, the switch where the sample cuts off and drums take over is a real nice touch, str8 up bangin

neverending flow - fuckin crazy fam, sound like somethin i woulda heard back in like 96-97 when hip hop was real

the black beat - O.O! end of story lol cant even come w/ words for this one

outro - this one imma try my hardest to avoid when im high, cuz dat voice sample might have me quickly lookin over my shoulder lmao

i gotta say, this joint is ya banginest one yet

8.5/10

peace 2 da god

SACRED ARTS COMING SOON CUNTS! GET READY FOR BASTARD SWORD AND THE WWI FAM!!!

PEACE
-Z-

Complex
12-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Aight fam, just got done bangin this, had to get blunted 4 this one and gotta say this shit is wild, lovin the funky jazz type sound u got here.. came out ill

Review;
Intro- haha.. that organ fits well wit da liquor sounds..crazy.. and tha nas comes in nice too.. :cool:
Soul of Rubber- The intro threw me off and then that sample came in sick.. Feelin this 1
No More 2 Say- Lovin the sample, old school flava.. chill joint
Stangest Most Dangeroust- ahh yea fam, that drum loop is crucial.. Sample fits perfect wit it too.. Current fav :thumbup:
Fahrenheit 451- Again the intro had me bugged lol.. then the melody hit crazy.. anotha chilled out blazed out in a daze banga lol
Got 2 Learn- Crazy sample.. bass sounds a bit loud, but adds to a grimey feel.. Feelin the drums
Purple State of Mind- Dope drums, Dope sample, nice breakdowns.. 2nd fav
Havent I Been- not my fav sample, but i like what u did wit it.. versatile beat
Here on Earth- Now this is crazy.. the low pitch samples is hypnotic as hell.. feelin it :thumbup:
Insha Allah- off jumps.. straight sickness..damn yo, Definately my new favorite.. this got style for days hommie.. Banggga!!
End of the Road- Dark , eerie soundin joint.. main melody a bit repetitive, but the end is sick..
Yo fuck you- feelin this one, i could here an afu ra type mc right here.. ill
Neverending Flow- like how the bass compliments the drums, the switches are crazy.. nice 1
Black Beat- sounds like a mathematics banga! Dope , nuff said :clap:
Outro- da hell?! lmao .. tripped out shit here.. Fitting way to end..

.. Overall Real Ill project.. Lovin the theme, and originality.. Great shit to blaze out and chill to.. great work fam

12-01-2006, 10:47 PM
thanks for the love guys, i really appreciate it!

imbrator
12-02-2006, 01:08 PM
yeah sun great work
the whole beattape sounds tight
the black beat is bangin like how u swtitch the vocal , tight dark beat

mad respect

12-03-2006, 12:52 AM
no doubt yo thanks

12-04-2006, 08:13 PM
^uppin

and those who want a review get at me...