PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Rebel_INS
11-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Thoughts on this game? I picked it up about a week ago and have been playing it quite a bit, love the story line especially in the side quests.

Im almost done with the Dark Brotherhood Quests, that ones mad fun. Im barely a level 8 right now. Whats your favorite quest and what level are you?

HANZO
11-29-2006, 04:03 PM
i was addicted to this game for a while, excellent game really long though, gets repetitive after a while, for example the oblivion gates are all the same. i got many games going, got all the acheivements and everything. my favourite quests being the main storyline. my highest chracter level is 30, after level 24 its hard to raise chracter level. nice quests to do are the deadric quests u get real nice items with that. advice as well if u want the best sword in the game find a tomb named vin dasel, on the road south of imperial city. go inside find the person named umbra fight her kill her take her armour and sword. makes the early parts of the game at lower levels easier. but its really hard to kill umbra she like a level 50.

Ozmosis
11-30-2006, 04:27 AM
i loved the game my fav. quests was the mages quest, i stop playing with one character at 17 and another at 25, the games mad fun but like han88 said it get repetitive

Alcryt
11-30-2006, 05:53 AM
Good lookin out Han88, i gotta try that! I think im lvl 15 at the moment awesome game but i also agree it gets repetitive with the oblivion gates and cave quests which are all similar.
Still theres so much to do it makes up for it.

CHRONZ
11-30-2006, 07:20 AM
After you become Grandmaster of the Thieves guild, Master of the Fighters guild, Listner of the Brotherhood, and Champion of Tamriel, im stuck here... would can i do ?., ive been Vampire since start almost...

Ozmosis
11-30-2006, 07:39 AM
just last week they relesed an extra quest but its like 10 usd

HANZO
11-30-2006, 12:55 PM
After you become Grandmaster of the Thieves guild, Master of the Fighters guild, Listner of the Brotherhood, and Champion of Tamriel, im stuck here... would can i do ?., ive been Vampire since start almost...

theres a long quest to find a cure for vampirism. talk to the count of skingrad or one of the mages. its a nice long quest. also do the daedric quests they nice and hard. but after all that apart from doing all the individual quests just start a new chracter. for a real long quest try the nirnroot one this is the longest quest in the game, u really dont gain anything from it but it just adds hours to the game.

it would have been nice if there was online multiplayer some sort of online gladiator deathmatch.

CHRONZ
11-30-2006, 01:09 PM
theres a long quest to find a cure for vampirism. talk to the count of skingrad or one of the mages. its a nice long quest. also do the daedric quests they nice and hard. but after all that apart from doing all the individual quests just start a new chracter. for a real long quest try the nirnroot one this is the longest quest in the game, u really dont gain anything from it but it just adds hours to the game.

it would have been nice if there was online multiplayer some sort of online gladiator deathmatch.

Nirnroot i already done it, lmao what a boring quest... i might follow up on the Cure thing...
Word, that would be dope... multiplayer could be really good... what bout the Add-on's ... youve tried those yet ?,..

HANZO
11-30-2006, 01:15 PM
the nirnroot quest was just pointless i thought i might get something nice at the end. no quests apart from daedric really gives u nice equipment.

i aint tried any of the add-ons i heard they really aint too good. but the latest knights of the nine looks good might have to check that out. it would have also been nice if there was a vampire guild, it would have made being a vampire have a purpose.

CHRONZ
11-30-2006, 01:37 PM
the nirnroot quest was just pointless i thought i might get something nice at the end. no quests apart from daedric really gives u nice equipment.

i aint tried any of the add-ons i heard they really aint too good. but the latest knights of the nine looks good might have to check that out. it would have also been nice if there was a vampire guild, it would have made being a vampire have a purpose.

Well Knights Of The Nine, gives new faction & armor + etc etc.. the other "mods" are for quest and "house"... like you can get a Vampire lair with feed to get blood... Now Vampire / The Dark Brotherhood... i just feel it's surposed to be together, cuz i think halfway thru the quest, a guild mate will offer to turn you too Vampire, which adds to the skills/Attributes which is needed to make a good Assassin

HANZO
11-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Well Knights Of The Nine, gives new faction & armor + etc etc.. the other "mods" are for quest and "house"... like you can get a Vampire lair with feed to get blood... Now Vampire / The Dark Brotherhood... i just feel it's surposed to be together, cuz i think halfway thru the quest, a guild mate will offer to turn you too Vampire, which adds to the skills/Attributes which is needed to make a good Assassin

being a vampire does help make a better assassin. i prefer my chracters being the heavily armoured warrior. i dont use magic much i once became a vampire didnt like the sunlight damage so found a cure for it.

shaolinsword
11-30-2006, 02:38 PM
this game sounds cool I wanna get it but still not sure

Rebel_INS
12-01-2006, 01:42 AM
i was addicted to this game for a while, excellent game really long though, gets repetitive after a while, for example the oblivion gates are all the same. i got many games going, got all the acheivements and everything. my favourite quests being the main storyline. my highest chracter level is 30, after level 24 its hard to raise chracter level. nice quests to do are the deadric quests u get real nice items with that. advice as well if u want the best sword in the game find a tomb named vin dasel, on the road south of imperial city. go inside find the person named umbra fight her kill her take her armour and sword. makes the early parts of the game at lower levels easier. but its really hard to kill umbra she like a level 50.

Word word. Im not that far into the main quest yet, im doing the side ones first. I just finished the "Dark Brotherhood" quest, and im a Cat Burglar in the "Theives Guild" right now. The Dark Brotherhood quests were mad nice! Theives Guild is pretty fun 2. Im still a level 9 though :ouch: lol

shaolinsword
12-01-2006, 02:11 AM
it's not a monthly charge game is it?

Rebel_INS
12-01-2006, 03:00 AM
it's not a monthly charge game is it?

Nah bro, its just a single player game for PC and 360.

HANZO
12-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Word word. Im not that far into the main quest yet, im doing the side ones first. I just finished the "Dark Brotherhood" quest, and im a Cat Burglar in the "Theives Guild" right now. The Dark Brotherhood quests were mad nice! Theives Guild is pretty fun 2. Im still a level 9 though :ouch: lol

its best to do the side quests before the main one. when your at a higher level the main quest is better. plus max out your attributes and find the best equipment makes the game more enjoyable.

the theives guild quests are good espeicially the last one, mages guild quests are also good. fighters guild quest were pretty shit and you dont get much when you finished it as well.

shaolinsword
12-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Nah bro, its just a single player game for PC and 360.

cool, another reason to get a 360

kurupt_kw
12-01-2006, 12:44 PM
I spent many hours on the game. It pissed me off though because I had one of the three books for the main quest but then dropped it because I didn't think I needed it anymore. Usually when you try to drop a quest item it won't let you. Well it let me drop this book and then I couldn't continue the main quest. Sure enough it wouldn't show me where it was on the map and I have no clue where I dropped it. I haven't played since and in fact exchanged it last week. It was a great game though. I think I was a level 23.

100pr00f
12-01-2006, 12:54 PM
naw didnt get this i saw a friend play and i said naw it aint for me

dont wanna wast hr of my life on one game when i could play 3 or 4 games for tat time

Rebel_INS
12-01-2006, 04:43 PM
its best to do the side quests before the main one. when your at a higher level the main quest is better. plus max out your attributes and find the best equipment makes the game more enjoyable.

the theives guild quests are good espeicially the last one, mages guild quests are also good. fighters guild quest were pretty shit and you dont get much when you finished it as well.

Yea man for sure. Right now in the main quest, remember when your at Cloud Ruler Temple and you have to find the spies or somethin, im at that part. So im going to finish all the side quests before continuing.

cool, another reason to get a 360

For sure man, pick one up *D

I spent many hours on the game. It pissed me off though because I had one of the three books for the main quest but then dropped it because I didn't think I needed it anymore. Usually when you try to drop a quest item it won't let you. Well it let me drop this book and then I couldn't continue the main quest. Sure enough it wouldn't show me where it was on the map and I have no clue where I dropped it. I haven't played since and in fact exchanged it last week. It was a great game though. I think I was a level 23.

Damn that sucks man. Yea for the main questline, I usually keep all the shit I need because I dont wanna screw anything up. But it sucks because when your stealing items for Theives Guild, it sucks when you cant hold enough when you steal weapons etc.

naw didnt get this i saw a friend play and i said naw it aint for me

dont wanna wast hr of my life on one game when i could play 3 or 4 games for tat time

Yea word, not everyone would like it but its a really long game. I like games like that so its all good :mmmyah:

Alcryt
12-02-2006, 04:16 PM
But it sucks because when your stealing items for Theives Guild, it sucks when you cant hold enough when you steal weapons etc.

Yeah i hate when you cant carry anymore but you really wana keep somethin you just found, i just bought a house and stored loads of stuff in there so i usually dont have that problem anymore.

I recently did this really cool quest for the dark brotherhood, where your locked in a house and gotta kill everyone off one by one without them knowing your the killer, felt like a thriller film and i was the killer })

Rebel_INS
12-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah i hate when you cant carry anymore but you really wana keep somethin you just found, i just bought a house and stored loads of stuff in there so i usually dont have that problem anymore.

I recently did this really cool quest for the dark brotherhood, where your locked in a house and gotta kill everyone off one by one without them knowing your the killer, felt like a thriller film and i was the killer })

Yea once I get more gold imma cop a house. And that quest was mad fun lol. That one Redguard talkin all kinds of shit lol.

HANZO
12-02-2006, 06:56 PM
a nice place to put your items is if you got the horse shadowmere from the dark brotherhood quests. simply knock the horse out and put your items inside it. it never dissapears.

Rebel_INS
12-03-2006, 07:05 PM
a nice place to put your items is if you got the horse shadowmere from the dark brotherhood quests. simply knock the horse out and put your items inside it. it never dissapears.

Haha, yea man. Shadowmere is the shit! Its funny cause if were going somewhere and some wolf starts attacking, Shadowmere kicks its ass.

Bloo
12-04-2006, 04:01 AM
*sigh* I wish I had a 360... Or at least a $600 video card...

360 would probably be cheaper though

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
12-04-2006, 09:11 PM
its easy to level up very quickly by choosing the right major skills

let your self get hit lots of times on easy with light or heavy armour to raise skill then keep fixing the armour with repair hammer (armourer)

cast cheap spells over and over again for illusion, alteration and mysticism

buy lot of cheep food from inns and make random potions, sell for profit (alchemy)

find someone that sleeping or that doesn’t move (cloud temple) and sneak into a wall while leaving the control stick propped up to keep sneaking without you, go and make a cup of tea while you raise sneak skill

find trainers for blade, blunt, marksman ect that can't be rushed

I can level up to 20 in a day if you choose all the above as major skills in a custom class

Rebel_INS
12-04-2006, 11:30 PM
its easy to level up very quickly by choosing the right major skills

let your self get hit lots of times on easy with light or heavy armour to raise skill then keep fixing the armour with repair hammer (armourer)

cast cheap spells over and over again for illusion, alteration and mysticism

buy lot of cheep food from inns and make random potions, sell for profit (alchemy)

find someone that sleeping or that doesn’t move (cloud temple) and sneak into a wall while leaving the control stick propped up to keep sneaking without you, go and make a cup of tea while you raise sneak skill

find trainers for blade, blunt, marksman ect that can't be rushed

I can level up to 20 in a day if you choose all the above as major skills in a custom class

Very nice man. Ill try some of that out. I dont know how to make shit out of items like potions etc since ive never tried it. But can you explain that part about raising the sneak skill? What you mean by sneaking into a wall?

HANZO
12-05-2006, 01:30 PM
^^ the method i always use to raise my sneak level is on the first dark brotherhood quest when u gotta kill rufio. when rufios sleeping just sneak around the room for ages rufio never wakes up. its long though took about half an hour but most my chracters have are masters in sneak because of this. also if you doing theives guild guests find the deadric shrine of nocturnal when u complete that quest you get the skeleton key which is an un-breakable lockpick.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
12-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Very nice man. Ill try some of that out. I dont know how to make shit out of items like potions etc since ive never tried it. But can you explain that part about raising the sneak skill? What you mean by sneaking into a wall?

all you got to do is select on those alchemy equipment that you buy in mage guilds and can get free if you join

then it will go into its own potion making menu, just pick out a food-plant-seed-whatever in the first slot then whatever is compatible with it in the next

don't bother seeing what it makes just button mash as many potions as possible and you will level up and get some smarts quickly

you level in sneak by pressing on the right stick and crouching, when some dude in the room but doesn't no you are there you raise your sneak skill by walking in crouch mode.

what I did is place the control stick on top of my tv remote so it was fixed to crouch forward and aimed my character into a wall so he would be moving on the spot. kind of like cruise control in a car

then leave it like that for 30mins until you become apprentice –journeyman -expert and eventually master

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
12-06-2006, 09:17 PM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion

use this and search skill and training

its all you need for tips

Alcryt
12-07-2006, 06:16 AM
Yeah that site has pretty much everything about the game, good stuff^^
Anyone got the add-on Knights of the Nine? im thinkin of gettin it, adds a new line of quests and some other stuff

Rebel_INS
12-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Alright guys I need help, this is where im at in everything...

Arena - Grand Champion
Theives Guild - Gray Fox
Dark Brotherhood - Listener
Blades - Knight Brother (Barely starting to play this again)
Fighters Guild - Master
Mages Guild - Arch-Mage (I need help with THIS one, I finished ALL the quests (I think), but I dont know how to get to Master-Wizard, can someone help me???

HANZO
12-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Alright guys I need help, this is where im at in everything...

Arena - Grand Champion
Theives Guild - Gray Fox
Dark Brotherhood - Listener
Blades - Knight Brother (Barely starting to play this again)
Fighters Guild - Master
Mages Guild - Arch-Mage (I need help with THIS one, I finished ALL the quests (I think), but I dont know how to get to Master-Wizard, can someone help me???

once your arch-mage thats it that is the highest rank of the mages guild. the last quest is the one where you fight Mannimarco.

the blades is only one rank and thats knight brother there are no quests for the blades, although it would be nice if there was.

shaolinsword
12-28-2006, 08:35 AM
how do you lockpick on this? I'm getting pissed off spending 27g on easy lock spells

HANZO
12-28-2006, 11:54 AM
how do you lockpick on this? I'm getting pissed off spending 27g on easy lock spells

you press up on the lock and press A to lock it in when its at the top. you gotta do it to all the locks without missing one or you will start from the beginning. its best to do a daedric quests to obtain the skeleton key which is the unbreakable lockpick and adds 50 to your skill. makes lockpicking easier and cheaper.

shaolinsword
12-28-2006, 01:40 PM
cool, cheers guess I won't pick anything until I get that key