PDA

View Full Version : Terror

Black Man
12-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Hip Hop Responds to the War on Terror (Police Terror)
By Davey D

The War on Terror is one that for all intensive purposes does not seem to be ending anytime soon. In fact in recent weeks more and more victims are falling victim to it. We had a 92 year old Black woman shot in her home in Atlanta by terrorists.

In Seattle Washington, well known Hip Hop pioneer DV One, a coach and a man with no criminal record became a victim when he was beat down in front of his young daughter after he went to her aid during a after school football game.

In Pittsburgh, Pa a 7 year girl had a gun pointed in her face and was told to stop crying or get shot by terrorist. The mother of this young girl was later arrested for interfering with the terrorist who pulled a gun out on her daughter.

The latest victim of terrorism was a New York City resident named Sean Bell who left an after hours club with two friends where they went to celebrate his upcoming wedding which was less than seven hours away. Terrorist shot at the group 50 times killing Sean Bell who was unarmed.

The list of terrorist acts goes on and on with each passing day and they seem to become more outlandish and unbelievable with each occurrence. These acts do not discriminate; they have victimized everyone from Congress People like Cynthia McKinney on down to paraplegics like Glen Boyd here in the liberal city of San Francisco.

For folks who aren't aware, the War on Terror is not limited to those of us who live in this country fighting Osama Bin Laden and his Al Qaeda organization. In fact that War on Terror pales in comparison to the amount of carnage and amount of time it's been fought in this country by people in Black and Brown communities. . It's been the cause of most of this nation's most devastating urban riots and uprisings. Make no mistake police terrorism is the biggest threat to our national security.

From Los Angeles California to Miami Florida and all places in between the War on terror is a brutal one. But it is one where more and more people are fighting back and letting it be known that they are unafraid. In the wake of the Sean Bell killings we gathered a number of police terrorism experts from the Hip Hop generation and freedom fighters from around the country to participate in the first of several roundtable discussions we are having on this subject. They included Rosa Clemente of the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, DJ Paradise Gray of X-Clan and the One Hood Movement in Pittsburgh and Minister of Information JR of the POCC and the Block Report radio show.

Together these individuals not only shed light on the extent and insidiousness of police terrorism, but they also offered concrete example of what is being done to put an end to the madness. Contrary to what many in power would like you to believe the Hip Hop community is not simply sitting down and letting all this stuff go down with no response.

As you listen to this riveting interview please read this excellent article penned by Big Ced of Industrycosign.com about police terrorism and reflect on what can be done. Part two of this roundtable which includes Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney will be up for you to peep next week.

Black Man
12-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Familia

Police abuse, violence & out right murder is very rapidly escalating, in this country and particularly in New York City. As the people of this city prepares to address the shooting of three unarmed young men of color, the New York City Police has once again gone after one of our most prominent anti police brutality activists. Juanita young, who herself lost her son to police bullets has been once again been arrested in her own home. Please see the details bellow.

As people, we need to act to insure the immediate release of Juanita Young and take what ever steps are necessary to put an end to the reign of lawlessness and violence that the N.Y.P.D. is unleashing on the people of New York City.
(More to come on the activities being organized by the people- There will be a mass propest at 1 Police Plaza on Dec 6th )

Panama

Defend Anti-Police Brutality Activist Juanita Young Against Escalating and Continuing Police Attacks on This Major Voice Against Police Brutality and Repression

When: Thursday Nov. 30 10 a.m. Steps of City Hall, New York NY
Sponsors: The October 22nd Coalition to Stop Police Brutality, and the Justice Committee of the National Congress for Puerto Rican Rights
Speakers: Representatives of the Family of Juanita Young, the October 22nd Coalition, the Justice Committee, Council Member Charles Barron and others
Juanita Young is a major voice against police brutality and repression in the City and nationwide. Juanita Young and her family has continually been victimized by the NYPD. This past Sunday evening she was beaten and arrested by officers from the 43 Precinct in her own home when a 911 call was made for a medical intervention. Juanita is currently held under police custody at the Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx.

On Sunday evening, November 26, an ambulance was called for Juanita's daughter. Cops came to the apartment first before the ambulance arrived. Based on her previous bad experiences with the police, Juanita wouldn't let the cops in and told them to leave. The ambulance crew refused to do anything and called for backup. Eight cops showed up again and started grabbing people. She kept telling them to leave. The cops threw Juanita in a room, and as one of them tried to hold the door shut, others beat her. After she was able to run out of the room, all eight of them jumped on her at once, kicking her in the chest and back as they handcuffed her. Her daughter pled for them to stop, telling them that Juanita has asthma. Juanita was arrested and brought to the 43rd precinct. Because she was having difficulties breathing, she was brought to the emergency room at Jacobi Hospital, under police custody. Since then, she has been handcuffed to the bed, guarded by a cop at all hours, and not allowed phone calls. Family and friends have not been allowed in to see her until this past Tuesday.

Juanita Young is a major activist and public speaker in the fight to stop police brutality. She and her family have been targets of police harassment on several occasions, including an illegal eviction from her home executed by the NYPD. Her son Malcolm Ferguson was killed by NYPD in March 2000, a week after he was arrested for being part of a protest against the verdict in the Amadou Diallo case. She has been a key organizer of the October 22nd Coalition to Stop Police Brutality, Repression and the Criminalization of a Generation since 2000, for the Stolen Lives Project, and as a member of the Justice Committee of the National Congress for Puerto Rican Rights. She has stood with and supported many victims of police violence.

Statement from Juanita Young, from her hospital bed:

"This is not the first time the 43rd attacked me and my family.

In March of 2001, during a rally for my son Malcolm Ferguson, the cops pushed me into the crowd, hoping to incite a riot. It was evident that they have no intentions of releasing the pressure they've put on me and my family based on all the attacks they have put us through.

Being the mother of five children, my responsibility is to protect the four children I have left, and still cry out for justice for Malcolm.

I'm now in the hospital in severe pain, handcuffed to the hospital bed until my hand is swollen. The cops are harassing me and still abusing me as I lay in my hospital bed in severe pain.

Thank you for all your support. Your help is needed."

Soul Controller
03-20-2013, 05:17 PM
sirius shit this.