PDA

View Full Version : Mos..True Magic..is aight..

anti-social
12-01-2006, 04:37 PM
ayo...to me, once again mos disappoints. the album has a few tight ass tracks. but his beat selection has become horrible. he will never top his first joint. i was looking forward to this album so bad. Fake Bonanza is a tight joint. sorry no links cause they gonna close the thread and i hate posting in the mp3 sharing thread. hit me up if u want the album. 1 *(:)

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-01-2006, 04:42 PM
nah youre sleeping, beats are some of the realest old skool styled beats around right now.

this albums heavy hitting man, smoke a phat one to it

36chambers
12-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Is it a hip hop album? Or a mixture like the New Danger was?

Visionz
12-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Has it hit the shelves officially yet? I was at the music store today, and didn't see it though I checked for it.

anti-social
12-01-2006, 04:55 PM
sorry...ghostlaced...the beats may be "oldstyled" but they sound like they aren't mastered, i love Mos (his rhymes are amazing but i am a big fan of beats too) when he sticks to rappin', i don't mind one singing track but damn, he sings and raps...he is inconsistent, it's just my opinion:Y ...the album sounds like it's missing something...i mean it's a good listen but i can't listen to it straight through...36, i think it's an official album....True Magic....

Ozmosis
12-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Has it hit the shelves officially yet? I was at the music store today, and didn't see it though I checked for it.

its been leaked

anti-social
12-01-2006, 05:04 PM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4929/9250221sd0.jpg
1. Tru3 Magic------NICE TRACK
2. Undeniable------AIGHT TRACK
3. U R the One-----AIGHT TRACK
4. Thug Is aA Drug----AIGHT TRACK (WEAK BEAT) HOOK IS WACK
5. Crime & Medicine----AIGHT TRACK
6. A Ha----GOOD TRACK
7. Dollar Day (Surprise, Surpise)---- DIFFERENT(NO OPINION YET)
8. Napoleon Dynamite----THAT'S THAT SHIT I LIKEEEEE
9. There Is a Way----NICE LAID BACK TRACK (RIDE TRACK)
10. Sun, Moon, Stars-----OKAY TRACK (NOT MY STYLE) BUT OKAY
11. Murder of a Teenage Life----TIGHT TRACK
12. Fake Bonanza-----THAT MOS SHIT
13. Perfect Timing-----SLOW RAP/SMOKE OUT TO TRACK
14. Lifetime----SINGING/RAPPING (BUT I LIKE THIS ONE)

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-01-2006, 05:08 PM
albums like...

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/5926/boom2au9.jpg

Seriously this one has hit me out of no-where, i wasnt even looking out for the new Mos album, now im thinkng this is album of the year. I'm likeing more fish, but it cant get any play now ive got true magic

oDoUoSoKo
12-01-2006, 05:41 PM
is it better than new danger?

tha god concept
12-01-2006, 05:45 PM
ya it is

oDoUoSoKo
12-01-2006, 05:48 PM
anyone kno who came thru on the beats for this?

Ozmosis
12-01-2006, 06:14 PM
anyone kno who came thru on the beats for this?

Mos Def's True Magic reportedly features production from Rich Harrison, The Neptunes, 9th Wonder and 88 Keys.

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/10372

Negative Plethora
12-01-2006, 07:33 PM
didnt he just throw it together to get outta his deal with Geffen or something?

Bis Fan
12-02-2006, 07:40 AM
Lol at people hating on Mos because he likes to sing

ya'll like singing and ya'll like rapping, but when someone does both ya'll start acting like bitches

oDoUoSoKo
12-02-2006, 01:32 PM
pretty wack album to me, cuz even the well made beats on here dont have good mos verses....he lost it man.

INF
12-02-2006, 01:39 PM
I love when an artist is versatyle. I dont care how he did this album. new Danger was tight. Idont care if he keeps it strictly hip-hop or not. Its all music ya'll. Good music. Hip-hop is constructed from a wide variety and to be closed minded about that is sad.

I'm gonna buy this instead of D/Ling. I want it to be a surprise and I dont mind givin money to Mos. He fights for better days.

oDoUoSoKo
12-02-2006, 01:46 PM
yeah its not bad beat wise and its a good shift back into the hip hop world./....but not lyrically to me

anti-social
12-02-2006, 02:53 PM
i'm not saying different is bad. Young Jeezy is different too, Jay-Z style is different, he's versatile...but how come ya'll hate on him. I just don't like too much singing. The album is good. Mos makes good music, but i crave for hardcore rap. just my wish. :beer:

oDoUoSoKo
12-02-2006, 03:45 PM
it has NOTHING to do with singing or versetility, it has EVERYTHING to do with his lyrical decline.

anti-social
12-02-2006, 04:21 PM
yo dusk, i agree with u. lyrically Mos shines on a few track but some track he's not there. I didn't like his last album cuz of that rock/rap style. i'm sorry call me close minded but i like lyricism. this album is missing that rawness. :vroar:

Bis Fan
12-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Mos Def is pure poetry and this album is lyrically as good as any album you clowns THOUGHT was the best

don't be afraid to say you don't feel OR EVEN UNDERSTAND his style

Lifetime

chea

and for the haters, do me a favor. jump off a cliff and tell me what happens

FrenchShin
12-02-2006, 05:04 PM
i'm glad "katrina klap" is on it.

rubyspirit
12-02-2006, 07:03 PM
GREAT ALBUM

Take time to listen to the lyrics and comprehend what he is saying.

anti-social
12-02-2006, 07:36 PM
here come these motherfuckers undermining my intelligence. there are a few things that i just don't like and won't ever like. i prefer mos give us an album where he raps on majority of it and not sing/rock on half of it, will it happen, I DOUBT IT. it has nothing to do with me with not understanding lyrics, poetry or being close minded. i listen to many types of music. but i just can't listen to it straight through. damn, people really do shit on you if you post your opinion. :fucku:

I love Mos on FAKE BONANZA...:Y

UNCLE RUCKUS
12-02-2006, 07:45 PM
I love when an artist is versatyle. I dont care how he did this album. new Danger was tight. Idont care if he keeps it strictly hip-hop or not. Its all music ya'll. Good music. Hip-hop is constructed from a wide variety and to be closed minded about that is sad.

I'm gonna buy this instead of D/Ling. I want it to be a surprise and I dont mind givin money to Mos. He fights for better days.

Yeah well put Infinity, you definatly have a good ear, New Danger was very good. I think he did a lot of great stuff on that album; he is a legend already to me. I would like to hear a whole Black Jack Johnson record and I know Im the only one. He plays with Bobby Worrell; the bad brains guitarist and it sounds real cool live. Mos can sing as well he is gifted. The stuff he did with Kweli will go down in history though. I think we are just lucky to get music from these guys.:spin: Cant wait for this looks cool; Im not dwn ldng it; Ill get it first day I see it.

anti-social
12-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Rather then re using the Gza beat, it would've been hot for Mos to get a fresh Rza beat with Gza on the track...just a thought. :looking:

oDoUoSoKo
12-03-2006, 10:52 AM
GREAT ALBUM

Take time to listen to the lyrics and comprehend what he is saying.
dont give me that shit like im a foreigner or something, either u see hes not the same mos and he gave us a "made in brooklyn" or U need to take time and comprehend that.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Sorry man i dissagree completely with you on this i think Mos is on top form lyrically all over this album, he just changed his voice a little, I like it, hes good to listen to. All his rhymes are completely on point.

Great lyrical performance, great beats, possibly album of the year.

cap
12-03-2006, 11:28 AM
im really into mos!
so is he singing like on the new danger or is it more hip hop this time around?

oDoUoSoKo
12-03-2006, 11:33 AM
more hip hop beat wise but there is singing as well, its a sloppy mix of his last and bobs

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-03-2006, 11:35 AM
im really into mos!
so is he singing like on the new danger or is it more hip hop this time around?

its all hip hop this time apart from the very last song where he sings/raps over the last beat.

I dont think I couldve hoped for a better album than this. Its like a continuation of the BOBS lp just probably more straightfoward and simple. Cant remember the last hip hop album in the last 3 years where I liked EVERY beat.

cap
12-03-2006, 11:35 AM
more hip hop beat wise but there is singing as well, its a sloppy mix of his last and bobs

well in that case,im gonna have to hear it before i cop it.
i respect open-minded people,but ermm...thats not me :hooray: i like strictly hip hop!!