PDA

View Full Version : Capone-N-Noreaga Reunite, Fans Asked To Vote For New CNN Album

LORD ZERO
12-01-2006, 09:09 PM
http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6456

Nine years after Capone-N-Noreaga's debut album The War Report was hailed as a Hip-Hop classic, the duo have ended a two-year rift and are considering a return to the recording studio to produce a new album.

N.O.R.E., born Victor Santiago, is asking fans to vote on whether or not they want a new CNN album via his MySpace.com/nore (http://www.myspace.com/nore) page.
The possible collaboration would be CNN's first studio project since their sophomore album The Reunion, which was released in 2000.

“I did 18-20 joints for my new album, and what happened was, while I was working on these joints and traveling, everywhere I went, people were like, ‘What’s up with the CNN, is there gonna be another CNN album?’” N.O.R.E told AllHipHop.com. “So I opened up a poll on my MySpace.com page and people [the fans] have been begging for at least one more CNN album.”

Although he and Capone hadn’t spoken in over two years, N.O.R.E revealed to AllHipHop.com that they recently made amends.
“The other day he happened to reach out to me and I finally got over what we were going through and it look’s like we’re gonna go in [the studio],” stated N.O.R.E.

“It was just big differences,” N.O.R.E said of the rift. “At the end of the day, we answered our fans the politically correct way by saying I was doing Reggeaton. And I was doing five movies, so I was little bit busy. But the real story was there were a whole bunch of big differences."

In addition to a new CNN album, N.O.R.E is also working on another new solo album, despite the fact that One Fan a Day, an album he recorded two years ago, still sits on the shelves at Def Jam.
“This is going to be my most truthful album," N.O.R.E said of his new material. "Everything you gonna hear is gonna be real truthful, even if I hurt some record execs or if I hurt some of my fans. I’m gonna be honest with everybody. I got a track on there called ‘Rap is Like Wrestle Mania’ and people are gonna be mad at me."

While he’s excited about his new album, he’s just as disappointed with the results of his last album, the Reggeaton project, N.O.R.E. Y La Familia: Ya Tu Sabe.

“I was absolutely not comfortable with the results of the album,” N.O.R.E told AllHipHop.com. “At the end of the day, it didn’t turn out the way I expected it to because of label support. When you got people who didn’t spend any money and promise you a whole bunch of things, it’s like ughhhh."

Fans can visit www.mySpace.com/nore (http://www.myspace.com/nore) to vote for a new CNN album. N.O.R.E is also allowing fans to vote for one of the two titles of his newest album, There Is A God or Global Warming.

N.O.R.E.'s latest album, N.O.R.E. Y La Familia: Ya Tu Sabe is in stores now.

SaqurakiHanamichi
12-01-2006, 09:26 PM
id buy it i love capone . But i dont wanna hear that reggaton shit on the album .

Cesar
12-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Ahhhh I just met Noreaga last month at Club Space out here, and asked him whats up with CNN and he said he was done with that shit, but i guess he changed his mind. Good News.....

WuTangWarrior
12-01-2006, 10:44 PM
CNN is the shit man, War Report is classic

tragedykhadafi12
12-01-2006, 10:47 PM
its a good thing. I think sense his latest release flopped he wants to come back with capone because cnn is dope.

ThereisnoG.O.A.Tok
12-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Amazing how on a site that promote rappers like Cnn, it's only 4 remarks.
Here is my remark, I think it will be interesting because most rappers that work together sit out a while and come back seems to not be able to adapt tot he game very well. I thin kit will be interesting to see if they can put together a solid album. It would be refreshing to hear them speak again

Deity Allah
12-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Put Nore, Capone, Havoc & Khadafi in a room together and bang that sh*t out!

tha god concept
12-02-2006, 08:20 AM
has norega been droppin anything latley???

i never hear shit about him anymore....hes fuckin dope tho i love nore...hes a gully ass mutha fucka

junius
12-02-2006, 08:24 AM
with grimey production... and Capone drawing on some his real life experiences in & out of the joint... i hope it works out. i was cold to Capone's "Pain Time & Glory" at first but it's a real grower. weirdly produced in some spots but not uninteresting. both the cut w/black college shoutouts/marching band samples & the lil' kim monologue reward anyone who makes it that far. the criticism of this record i've seen has been pretty non-specific, so i suggest ya'll check it out (again) if curious. it DOES use beats aren't traditional QB or NYC but i've learned to live with-- and sometimes even enjoy (in small doses)-- it.

mofo
12-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Nore fell the fuck off. I'm not expecting much from this album tbh. Unless Nore gets grimey again and tragedy spits some rhymes on this album.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
12-02-2006, 09:47 AM
^which means tragedy khadafi better be involved

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
12-02-2006, 10:23 AM
/\/\/\/\/\/\ word da fuck up this would be tight})

bonez07
12-02-2006, 08:20 PM
id buy it i love capone . But i dont wanna hear that reggaton shit on the album .

THANK YOU! CNN is dope but NO REGGAETON!

snapple
12-02-2006, 10:32 PM
ill news

Miliato
12-03-2006, 12:19 AM
The Reunion is dope too

eVoL
12-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Put Nore, Capone, Havoc & Khadafi in a room together and bang that sh*t out!
"nore" is some faggit who sold out to raggaeton music, plus he snitched on trag and landed him in jail

havoc is a little gunit bitch now who couldnt lace heat even if his mpc equipment was ontop of a stove son. capone? listen to 'the reunion' a few more times, his game dropped like gravity

i don't know how you herbs can still respect someone like "NORE".

12weLvE
12-03-2006, 03:15 PM
The Reunion is one of my favorite albums of all time...It will be nice to hear NORE rappin again...something he hasnt done in a while.

ShaDynasty
12-03-2006, 04:57 PM
this is good news and all but where the fuck are the fugees?

this could easily not happen

tragedykhadafi12
12-03-2006, 05:24 PM
"nore" is some faggit who sold out to raggaeton music, plus he snitched on trag and landed him in jail

havoc is a little gunit bitch now who couldnt lace heat even if his mpc equipment was ontop of a stove son. capone? listen to 'the reunion' a few more times, his game dropped like gravity

i don't know how you herbs can still respect someone like "NORE".

I agree with delty alla, and no capone did not fall off on the reunion i thought he was pretty dope on the reunion. But i do think that his solos could have been a little bit better. I have high expectations for the new album if it comes out.