PDA

View Full Version : 50 Cent to release "Before I Self Destruct" next spring

11th Chamber
12-03-2006, 05:56 PM
G-Unit general 50 Cent is working on his third album, "Before I Self Destruct" which he plans to release next spring. The rapper offered a simple explanation for the album's title. He told MTV.com, "Because it could potentially happen."

50 Cent added, "I show more vulnerability on this record than on others. I'm in a space where I can experiment a little bit. I mean, I felt a lot of pressure between each one of my projects. And they don't say, 'Do you think 50 can make a good record?'They say, 'Do you think he can do it again?'And that means (if I will) have the same success as I've had on each one of those projects. They don't care whether the state of the music business is changing; they'll say I've failed if I don't do what I did on the first two projects."

The rapper further explained that digital downloading has changed the music business. He said, "So 11 million records on my first album and 9.5 on my second album. And when I'm getting ready to go into this project, considering that Apple is selling millions of iPods and Microsoft is coming out with competing products and Sony -- everybody has something that encourages people to download material instead of purchasing the actual CD. The general public will still take advantage of it and say that I'm becoming less of an artist."

*courtesy of hiphophavoc.com*

IrOnMaN
12-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Wow! Another R&B rap album. =/

Kenny Powers
12-03-2006, 06:08 PM
ive downloaded all the 50 albums so far, so ill do the same for this one

tragedykhadafi12
12-03-2006, 06:22 PM
ill probably buy it. 50 sounded pretty ill on the re up

Rebel_INS
12-03-2006, 08:11 PM

Agreed! Lmao.

Unforgiven
12-03-2006, 08:27 PM
I'll download this. The truth is, I enjoy 50 & G-Unit sometimes, I have my specific tracks that I think they kill. The fact is, that 50 was his illest on the mixtape game and Get Rich or Die Tryin' was a classic, but what the fuck happened to The Massacre? Fiddy should stuck to doin' hardcore gangsta ass shit like he was, fuck the R&B, fuck the singin' choruses.

This album was supposed to be called 9 Bullets Later... which I thought was grimey, but he can't keep talking about the past....

oDoUoSoKo
12-03-2006, 08:27 PM
how hope he sells less then ron artest

One and Only
12-03-2006, 09:44 PM
This shit gon be fire!

12weLvE
12-03-2006, 11:21 PM
ive downloaded all the 50 albums so far, so ill do the same for this one

hee hee ^O^

SaqurakiHanamichi
12-03-2006, 11:28 PM
i dont care about 50.

Lil' Ruger
12-04-2006, 03:47 AM
i hope this is good i wont pick it up tho im tryna get a wu collection going.....but imma DL a few tracks and see if its good.....i dont really feel right downloading any1's shit illegally especially there whole album......

in reality i hope someone takes the ipods and mp3 players out so no one buys em.....shit i cant afford one anyway....lol only christmas will tell

100pr00f
12-04-2006, 08:53 AM
sad thing is this cd will prolly go dimond like his first 2 cds

..man sold over 23 mill copies from his first 2 cds and sold over 2 mill on his soundtrack

ill give him props for that...but his music is ok to me not real good
...some hooks are good but most of anything i like the beats the most haha

peace

also i will prolly d/l this 2

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
12-04-2006, 09:04 AM

co sign :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

HANZO
12-04-2006, 05:39 PM
this album would have nice beats but the rest would be garbage. still check it out though, i hope it aint like the massacre though cause that album was plain shit.

oldie
12-04-2006, 07:21 PM
i'll d/l, interested to see how this 1 turns out! cool title

sonny getz
12-04-2006, 07:39 PM
IThis album was supposed to be called 9 Bullets Later... which I thought was grimey, but he can't keep talking about the past....

co-sign, he's been riding that "i got shot" thing for a long time now.