PDA

View Full Version : 'The Normal Life'

LHX
12-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Does anybody here actually live the 9-5 life?

If so, do you actively look for a way out of it?

What are the obstacles to getting out?

If not, why?

Is it because you do not want to?

Or is it because you feel you can't?

Me personally, I worked the 9-5 lifestyle for about 7 years, but I eventually lost the ability to keep it up (or perhaps became unafraid to turn my back on that lifestyle)

Waking up for alarms and showing up to a place at a time on a clock and then attending a building for 40 hours a week seem to be some unreasonable sacrifices to make especially when you find that the system you are contributing to really does not have anybodys best interest in mind (save a select few as mentioned in the article V posted up earlier today)

Also, taking orders from other men seems a little bizarre.

Back in the '50s and '60s, the estimation was that by now, people would only have to work like 10 hours a week

but instead, people are working more hours than ever before

the silencer
12-05-2006, 08:13 PM
not the 9-5 grind but i do go to college everyday and thats definitely a pain in the ass...

and im a senior now and i can sense that im being led into that shitty ass robotic, braindead lifestyle of goin in to work everyday and workin my ass off for somebody for nuthin...

my plan that ive been thinkin about lately is now to work like that for a year or so, get some financial security and then go back to school....im in accounting right now and although that is a real lucrative occupation, i find the shit so boring and meaningless that i cant fuckin stand it.....

when i go back i wanna do somethin wit science (astronomy, biology maybe) and/or i wanna learn a few diff languages....

now that im a senior and ive made it this far doing somethin i hate i feel like i cood easily go back and get degrees in shit that i wood actually find interesting and/or useful......so im picturin a future of me just goin back to school constantly and pickin up another degree in something...

and, to me, the main thing keeping people trapped in the 9-5 grind is
#1--money.....some coodnt live any other way
#2--stupidity or ignorance....they dont realize what they are stuck in

Civilison
12-05-2006, 09:17 PM
it all really depends

some people are content with 9-5 because what else could they be doing?

i guess ppl are somehow happy.

find the girl, get married and get the house

then of course family

9-5 then takes on a different meaning to those people (maybe?)

myself, i find it difficult to adapt to it but once im in the zone i can stay in it. it's not necessarily healthy but at the same time it is, depending on the situation.

but for real...

if you have 40 million citizens, or 400 million or whatever else in whatever country, how are you gonna keep them occupied in some kind of a way?

the system is not needed but also is needed STILL at the CURRENT moment.

take away the 9-5 and what happens with humanity?

it's mad weird but it must have a reason... some speculations, huh?

peace

V4D3R
12-05-2006, 10:12 PM
I do the 7 to 3 and the main reasons are:

#1 - I have a daughter that needs a stable role model father figure in her life
#2 - I lost her mother because I rather be online for 3 years straight - been off it consistently for over a year now
#3 - My daughter needs a future

It just seems to me that working when your young is the best bet to work for an early retirement and take risks to get there quicker(gambling/lottery/stocks). Alot of the cats on here can't really relate to the pressure of being a parent and having that kind of responsibility gets your feet moving to work.

Settling your differences on how you feel about who/what you work for is something else if your priorities are just worrying about yourself.

Weighing the pros/cons of family responsibility against how you feel about the "man" is no contest for a real man. Not only are you broke but considered a dead-beat father. Over my dead body will I ever be called that.

the silencer
12-05-2006, 10:19 PM
I do the 7 to 3 and the main reasons are:

#1 - I have a daughter that needs a stable role model father figure in her life
#2 - I lost her mother because I rather be online for 3 years straight - been off it consistently for over a year now
#3 - My daughter needs a future

It just seems to me that working when your young is the best bet to work for an early retirement and take risks to get there quicker(gambling/lottery/stocks). Alot of the cats on here can't really relate to the pressure of being a parent and having that kind of responsibility gets your feet moving to work.

Settling your differences on how you feel about who/what you work for is something else if your priorities are just worrying about yourself.

Weighing the pros/cons of family responsibility against how you feel about the "man" is no contest for a real man. Not only are you broke but considered a dead-beat father. Over my dead body will I ever be called that.
word up..

my brother told me a quote once that i thought was pretty cool...

"when ur young if ur not a liberal, you have no heart...
when u grow up, if ur not conservative u have no brain.."

somethin like that i dont remember the exact words...

i hope i dont become a conservative regular dude when i get older but ive pictured what it wood be like tryin to be all fuck-the-govt when u have kids n a wife...

hidden ninja
12-06-2006, 01:10 AM
this the life im living right now.
its like the shit aint what anybody really wants to do.
just that you need to get that money somehow.
it's difficult to survive without it in todays society.

Bloo
12-06-2006, 03:57 AM
^^ I wouldn't say that. It's only as hard as you believe it is.

Rant number 2 for the night commin ya'll!

Right now I guess you can put me in the 9-5 lifestyle. I work from 11pm to 7am at a hotel. Honestly it's one of the best kinda jobs you can have in the 40 hour a week world. I get paid $10 an hour to basically do dick all night long. My actual workload consists of maybe 2 hours worth of work. Most of the time I'm on the clock playing video games, watching a movie, or fuckin around with ya'll online. Perfect job if you like little responsibility or if you're in school. It's not where I see myself forever, but as it stands this is where I've been for the last 3 years.

The 9-5 world is kinda like the military to me. You have those who are geared towards the life cause they were bred for it then you have those who do it cause they feel a lack of order in their life unless they're taking orders. But like with any faction of life, you have to decide what it is you want to do, then figure out the steps you need to take in order to get there. Some people might use the 9-5 as a stepping stone, while others settle into it. I myself decided to settle, at least at first. But the more I think about it, I've been gearing myself towards the opposite.

Like what LHX said, it's almost like a fear of leaving that lifestyle cause it's what you're used to. But you can be sucessful if you have dicipline. For some, they have to have that alarm clock waking them up Monday through Friday to feel that dicipline in them. But as with all things in life, you gotta decide what's more important to you. And once you do, be ready to give something up in order to get and keep it.

Visionz
12-06-2006, 07:21 AM

If not, why?

Me personally, I worked the 9-5 lifestyle for about 7 years, but I eventually lost the ability to keep it up (or perhaps became unafraid to turn my back on that lifestyle)

Waking up for alarms and showing up to a place at a time on a clock and then attending a building for 40 hours a week seem to be some unreasonable sacrifices to make especially when you find that the system you are contributing to really does not have anybodys best interest in mind (save a select few as mentioned in the article V posted up earlier today)

Also, taking orders from other men seems a little bizarre.

Back in the '50s and '60s, the estimation was that by now, people would only have to work like 10 hours a week

I'm curious as to how you maintain things w/out doing the 9-5 deal. Most people aren't getting paid to do what they love because no one's offering funds to do it. I'd be great if I could pay rent and bills with positive thoughts but I've had no such luck.

abasi
12-06-2006, 07:45 AM
true
i dont think its stupidity
its money
and most people rather work 9-5
than do something illegal to make ends meet

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 07:46 AM
i work the 7-3 ...but sometime i would work till 7 am to 2 am
...i have no kids no wife just me so i dont mind it

the money is good

PHENIX
12-06-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm working that 7-3:30 lifestyle and I hate it. I hate chasing a clock day in and day out and someone telling me hey you better be hungry at 11:00 and if you aint then your shit outta luck until 3:30. I'm busting my ass everyday and sacraficing everything to make someone else millions of dollars and all I get in return is crumbs. My advice to anyone knowing what I know now. Look into owning your own business. I'm working on mine now. Bust your ass for yourself because the payoff will be more rewarding. It's crazy how your working on a project for a company and you close a deal for a million dollars and all you get is a $3000 bonus and the man gets the other $997,000.00.

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 08:12 AM
shit my job is flexy i realy come in at 8 and leave at 2 : 40 to beat the rush hr traffic and still charge a 8 hr day
i can take off any time i want
im told nothing ..i make my own day at work..i take a hr lunch break ant time i wanna take lunch

PHENIX
12-06-2006, 08:13 AM
I'm curious as to how you maintain things w/out doing the 9-5 deal. Most people aren't getting paid to do what they love because no one's offering funds to do it. I'd be great if I could pay rent and bills with positive thoughts but I've had no such luck.

Positive thoughts. hmmmm..... Alot of MC's pay their rent and bills with them. You should look into that and I know you got skills I read alot of your rap battles. Or how about writing a book.

Visionz
12-06-2006, 08:19 AM
I just make sure to find a job that I like. I work 4 tens during the course of the week and get three days off, which isn't too bad. I'm getting paid right now to fuck around on WTC and that's about it atleast for the first 3 hours of every day, and sometimes longer.

Running your own business is cool but you gotta have the capital to get it going. I'm working in cellular sales and helping this guy to get his business off the ground but just to get his location up he spent about 35 large. I personally don't have that kind of money to be throwing around, guess it just all depends on the kind of business you're lookin on setting up.

Visionz
12-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Positive thoughts. hmmmm..... Alot of MC's pay their rent and bills with them. You should look into that and I know you got skills I read alot of your rap battles. Or how about writing a book.haha, word. But there's a reason starving artist is a cliche term ya know. I've actually tried sitting down and writing a book but I just have no idea where to even begin. "What do I want to say? Do I really need to say anything? If I'm just telling a story, what story am I telling?"...etc Honestly I could see myself getting into journalism somewhere down the road on some Alex Jones shit its just that there's no guarentee you'll be able to feed your family with it. Whatever it is that I end up doing, I am lookin to make that consistent paper and that doesn't always coincide with where my passions are.

frosted592
12-06-2006, 08:29 AM
I work 9 to 17 monday to friday and 20 to 4 friday to sunday
At least I'm getting mad money yo

Day I'm an network admin
Night I'm a barman

Visionz
12-06-2006, 08:31 AM
How do you like the network admin job? I'm in school right now for CNS.

LHX
12-06-2006, 08:57 AM
I'd be great if I could pay rent and bills with positive thoughts but I've had no such luck.
im working on it too

LHX
12-06-2006, 08:58 AM
true
i dont think its stupidity
its money
and most people rather work 9-5
than do something illegal to make ends meet
i dont think anybody said it was stupidity

LHX
12-06-2006, 09:01 AM
I just make sure to find a job that I like. I work 4 tens during the course of the week and get three days off, which isn't too bad. I'm getting paid right now to fuck around on WTC and that's about it atleast for the first 3 hours of every day, and sometimes longer.

Running your own business is cool but you gotta have the capital to get it going. I'm working in cellular sales and helping this guy to get his business off the ground but just to get his location up he spent about 35 large. I personally don't have that kind of money to be throwing around, guess it just all depends on the kind of business you're lookin on setting up.

i was talking to dudes who run hot dog stands in the city and they have to pay almost 10 Grand for the permit

to sell hot dogs

$10,000 just for a permit

the main problem here is that people have no option but to get ground into the dirt

throughout life, nobody has the opportunity to live a pastoral life even if thats what they want to do

LHX
12-06-2006, 09:04 AM
haha, word. But there's a reason starving artist is a cliche term ya know. I've actually tried sitting down and writing a book but I just have no idea where to even begin. "What do I want to say? Do I really need to say anything? If I'm just telling a story, what story am I telling?"...etc Honestly I could see myself getting into journalism somewhere down the road on some Alex Jones shit its just that there's no guarentee you'll be able to feed your family with it. Whatever it is that I end up doing, I am lookin to make that consistent paper and that doesn't always coincide with where my passions are.
a lot of that kind of stuff is Advertising at its root

'This book has the answers' is an advertising slogan

unless you are profit-minded or trying to trick your audience into shelling out $$ for something that came out of your head, the only alternative is to stumble onto ideas that catch on

like that woman who wrote the book about the kid wizard

Leroy Potter or whatever the kid name was

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 09:07 AM
well hot dog stands are own by cmpanys aroun the city
..to make the extra buck so they have the money

i know this cuz i work as a hot dog man in the summer times

when i was 15

...i know 1 guy who does own a stand but he has like 7 of them ...one aint gonna make profits

Visionz
12-06-2006, 09:11 AM
So L, what are you doing to keep the electricity on if you've given up the 9-5 deal? Don't hold back homie, lol.

PHENIX
12-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Running your own business is cool but you gotta have the capital to get it going. I'm working in cellular sales and helping this guy to get his business off the ground but just to get his location up he spent about 35 large. I personally don't have that kind of money to be throwing around, guess it just all depends on the kind of business you're lookin on setting up.[/quote]

Dude they got so many programs for fronting businesses money. If your minority they got hella grants and stuff you just gotta search. You think all these business had the money to start up. They had to get it fronted to them just like you. You just gotta be hungry ya know.

sakk
12-06-2006, 09:17 AM
I work for that hourly money. Its not gratifying. Im also making the owners much money. But I stay at it because I like to do alot of shit like eat, go out to eat, go to football games, smoke everyday, drink. I need stacks of cash all the time. Nothing I like to do is free, especially recreational stuff.
http://www.i18nguy.com/spam_glam/cash_stacks.png
If pot was legal and I could grow it. I would quit my job for sure.

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 09:20 AM
true that

...some say money doesn't bring happiness but it does ..what do u do when u dont have it,..ur standing around with ur boys saying damn if we had some money we could go do something haha

Visionz
12-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Dude they got so many programs for fronting businesses money. If your minority they got hella grants and stuff you just gotta search. You think all these business had the money to start up. They had to get it fronted to them just like you. You just gotta be hungry ya know.

word^, (though I don't know if I have enough paperwork for the 1/8th Native that I am, the rest is of Europe decent) I gotta be honest though in that I question my own motivation when it comes to running all aspects of a business day in, day out. What kind are you looking to start up for yourself?

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 09:23 AM
selling illegal copies of dvds out the back of ur trunk

Visionz
12-06-2006, 09:24 AM
If pot was legal and I could grow it. I would quit my job for sure.hell yeah, I've had a saying for quite some time now "whoever said money don't grow on trees was growing the wrong tree" lol. I can't wait till I get the money together to move outta my apt into my own house.

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 09:24 AM
lol

PHENIX
12-06-2006, 09:34 AM
word^, (though I don't know if I have enough paperwork for the 1/8th Native that I am, the rest is of Europe decent) I gotta be honest though in that I question my own motivation when it comes to running all aspects of a business day in, day out. What kind are you looking to start up for yourself?

A topless barbershop. They dont even have to know how to cut hair. Just think do you really go to hooters for the wings.

Naw for real I'm thinking about starting up and running athletic programs for kids. I been an athlete all my life and it's time to give back. So I'll be running camps and lil leagues for kids like 7-15. I'm gonna have guest speakers come in a motivate kids and have pro athletes stop by the practices and just stuff like that. I'm in the early stages of development but it's coming along great. Alot of money will be coming in so I'm not trippin about that and the kids will get alot of stuff I didnt get when I was little.

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 09:36 AM
A topless barbershop. They dont even have to know how to cut hair. Just think do you really go to hooters for the wings.

Naw for real I'm thinking about starting up and running athletic programs for kids. I been an athlete all my life and it's time to give back. So I'll be running camps and lil leagues for kids like 7-15. I'm gonna have guest speakers come in a motivate kids and have pro athletes stop by the practices and just stuff like that. I'm in the early stages of development but it's coming along great. Alot of money will be coming in so I'm not trippin about that and the kids will get alot of stuff I didnt get when I was little.

sounds cool

if i was around i would join in haha

LHX
12-06-2006, 09:37 AM
So L, what are you doing to keep the electricity on if you've given up the 9-5 deal? Don't hold back homie, lol.
welfare

i get $6 a day

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 09:37 AM
lol

ull get more then that

LHX
12-06-2006, 09:55 AM
youre right

$200 per month is a bit more than $6 per day

closer to $6.50

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 10:02 AM
haha see

Visionz
12-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Naw for real I'm thinking about starting up and running athletic programs for kids. I been an athlete all my life and it's time to give back. So I'll be running camps and lil leagues for kids like 7-15. I'm gonna have guest speakers come in a motivate kids and have pro athletes stop by the practices and just stuff like that. I'm in the early stages of development but it's coming along great. Alot of money will be coming in so I'm not trippin about that and the kids will get alot of stuff I didnt get when I was little.that's cool man, props for that.

youre right

$200 per month is a bit more than $6 per day

closer to $6.50
you can actually live off of $200 a month?!? That's amazing in itself it thats all you're actually makin. That wouldn't even take care of one of my car payments.

LHX
12-06-2006, 10:14 AM
that's cool man, props for that.

you can actually live off of $200 a month?!? That's amazing in itself it thats all you're actually makin. That wouldn't even take care of one of my car payments.

lots of rice

lots and lots and lots of rice

also: vinegar

but seriously - this lifestyle is great for learning

the worse my situation gets, the more i understand

yall are gonna laugh when you see what my posts look like if i get kicked off welfare before i figure out a way to earn a income again

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 10:17 AM
how about lots of oddle s of noddles

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 10:18 AM
u can get like 10 of them for a dollar

LHX
12-06-2006, 10:25 AM
how about lots of oddle s of noddles

ill pass on that for now

quality > quantity

i can get 10 lbs of rice for 7 dollars

i got 2 red cabbages for $3

thats enough to last me a couple days

the rice will last almost 2 weeks

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 11:04 AM
define normal life whats normal and what isnt

LHX
12-06-2006, 11:10 AM
normal is the opposite of abnormal

what are the trends people follow for the most part?

routines?

wake up at the same time
go to the same place
do the same things
leave at the same time

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 11:13 AM
no only low class peeps do that

maybe normal for them mid class like me comes in when ever that norm and
high class they dont have to do nothing but retire...

so would u say normal would be diff in diiff classes of peeps

Prolifical ENG
12-06-2006, 11:18 AM
I work part time and go to school. About 25 hrs a week working....only 2 days 7-4 and one 8-6, that puts a little less than $300 in my wallet each week. Then theres school during the other daytimes then I manage to go out at least once on the weekend. And thats how I plan to balance it for now.

If I found a good job at my age and had no significant other, then I would be working a shitload of hours.....its the way to move up in the world.

LHX
12-06-2006, 11:28 AM
no only low class peeps do that

maybe normal for them mid class like me comes in when ever that norm and
high class they dont have to do nothing but retire...

so would u say normal would be diff in diiff classes of peeps
i can see your point

do you ever feel trapped tho?

i mean - you said you have it easy at work, but if your boss got fired and a new guy came in and tightened things up at the office, would you be saying the same thing?

there is a system in place that requires people to be obedient

frosted592
12-06-2006, 12:12 PM
How do you like the network admin job? I'm in school right now for CNS.
I love doing it...

It make me feel as if I'm in control of the machine rather than beeing a slave to it :spin:

100pr00f
12-06-2006, 12:23 PM
i can see your point

do you ever feel trapped tho?

i mean - you said you have it easy at work, but if your boss got fired and a new guy came in and tightened things up at the office, would you be saying the same thing?

there is a system in place that requires people to be obedient

i do feel trapped tho..only becouse i work in the office with no work at all starring at this screen all day

i love work when i get...like going out in the field snapping some shots of bridges and what not...

i dont think my boss will be fired if he was we all will go down

he created this whole thing.....been around since the early 80's
im sure he will hand it off some were down the line to the 2nd in command

but he knows how things rn and will keep em that way

maestro wooz
12-06-2006, 01:54 PM
i dont know about everyone else, but i don't plan on working 9-5 ever. My dad worked 8-6 for as long as i can remember and that's the way to go. I would feel like i was cheating him if i copped out with a "normal life".

As for my current status, i'm a full time student living in a dorm and everything. My plan for awhile has been to go to law school and i've finally decided that i'm just gonna go with a poli sci major and minor in writing. I only work one day a week during the school year but it makes up for it. Door to door salesman selling free no obligation estimates on things like windows, siding, doors, gutters, roofs, our estimates are completely free and only take about half an hour to 40 minutes and the price we give you will be good for a whole year so even as the market goes through it's annual price increases, you'll be able to hold on to that cheaper price. Such a bullshit job, but so fun. 8 dollars an hour plus you make commisions if people take the estimate and more if it ends up selling. 4 hour shifts and you only have to work 4 a week. During the summer i was pulling in at least 700 a month. Such an ill job really and i've become one of the top "canvassers" (well we're not selling anything mam, what we have here is completely free) that i'm gonna start getting raises that'll make the dough flow even better. It's so funny when people slam the door on your face or when they tell you to get the fuck off your property. There was about a 3 day period when i thought hard about dropping out of college and becoming a door to door salesman full time.

Gawd
12-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Does anybody here actually live the 9-5 life? I do.

If so, do you actively look for a way out of it? I think of ways to bring in extra money here or there.

What are the obstacles to getting out? I like the job security I have now. Plus all the paid days off a year and free medical ins..FREE medical ins. Nothing is deducted from my check for medical and i pay no copay. so im not looking for a way out

If not, why?

My body wakes me up every morning @ 7am so i can take my son to school. I have no alarm.
Also, taking orders from other men seems a little bizarre. I dont take orders. my bosses ask me to do thing...and in exchange i recieve a healthy paycheck.

my wife and I both work full time jobs.....we make pretty good money and live a good life doing so. i am completely satisfoed. there is always room to make more.

LHX
12-06-2006, 02:04 PM
i dont know about everyone else, but i don't plan on working 9-5 ever. My dad worked 8-6 for as long as i can remember and that's the way to go. I would feel like i was cheating him if i copped out with a "normal life".

god damn it took you a while to get to that punch line

the drummer fell asleep

get off the stage

LHX
12-06-2006, 02:06 PM
my wife and I both work full time jobs.....we make pretty good money and live a good life doing so. i am completely satisfoed. there is always room to make more.

cool

different people thrive in different circumstances during different periods of time

you seem wise enough to move on if you ever feel like you are stuck

maestro wooz
12-06-2006, 02:28 PM
why is mister lhx so mean. All i ever wanted was for people to think i did the knowledge before the wisdom.

LHX
12-06-2006, 02:32 PM
group hug

youre ok in my books, kid

Gawd
12-06-2006, 02:34 PM
cool

different people thrive in different circumstances during different periods of time

you seem wise enough to move on if you ever feel like you are stuck

yeah... i mean my son is in a good preschool. We have a big truck and a family sedan. A home with yards etc....I mean we have everything we need. And we worked very hard for it. We both started working at Wendys were we met......and our 1st place was a one bedroom apartment. Our 1st car was a pos. But hard work and setting goals has paid off. The key to this life is saving. If something happens today or tommorow I have the cash to deal with it.

LHX
12-06-2006, 02:46 PM
before i became a spiritual-minded degenerate/mad internet scientist, i lived a much different lifestyle

then i proceeded to walk face first into a steady string of fucked up situations that i was clearly unprepared to handle

you seem to be in a better state of mind than i was back then
plus - you got the fam going so that definitely affects the situation

the strange thing about hard times though - like i said earlier - is that the best perspectives come out of them

its fucked up like that

be in situations where you realize that a glass of water is the most incredible and tastiest thing in the entire universe and get a hard-on from seeing the sun rise and shit

some people work their way out of the slums - i worked my way into it

Gawd
12-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Im thankfull for all that I have. I have been lucky to live such a full life. But again. I feel like I earned it........I worked for it. And now I work to maintain it and watch it all grow.

Sexy Jasper
12-06-2006, 05:00 PM
If in those 8 hours you're doing something you enjoy, I don't see the problem. I'm self employed, so I do whatever I like.

Gawd
12-06-2006, 05:03 PM
I work for a Non Profit Charity...helping others. I know, I know. Impossible. Black ppl white ppl brown ppl yellow ppl....I help them all.

LHX
12-06-2006, 05:30 PM
i really think yall have the right point of view and the right perspective

but
its just the solidarity of the structure here that i question

that and the fact that i see the way people in this society end up when they get old

ive made threads about it in the past - about how there is a tendency for people not to age well

the way people depend on institutions only to eventually get let down because they didnt qualify for this or they didnt submit that or they are not eligible for this

i have known a lot of people who experience good phases in their lives
but
thats not really what anybody is searching for

a good year or two

Gawd
12-06-2006, 05:35 PM
I try not to want too much.....I mean what else do you need but the love of your family, food and a roof?

LHX
12-06-2006, 05:41 PM
I try not to want too much.....I mean what else do you need but the love of your family, food and a roof?
you said it

i was gonna post more but i don't feel like raining on any parades tonite

Gawd
12-06-2006, 05:42 PM
I should of been nominated for the KTL award....

LHX
12-06-2006, 05:45 PM
ill put you on a write-in ballot

eD: 1 vote

Gawd
12-06-2006, 05:57 PM
word....word.

CherChezLaMarauder
12-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Gosh, why did Eve convince Adam to eat the damn apple? We'd be running around naked eating kowala bears for supper, free of charge.

LHX
12-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Gosh, why did Eve convince Adam to eat the damn apple? We'd be running around naked eating kowala bears for supper, free of charge.

mental note: do not make a woman out of rib

CherChezLaMarauder
12-06-2006, 06:17 PM
LHX, what Ed said was nothing enlightning or phenomonal. If you have a brain and a will you can do whatever you want in life. Work is part of life, so is money.

Go for yours and leave the saps behind.

LHX
12-06-2006, 06:20 PM
LHX, what Ed said was nothing enlightning or phenomonal. If you have a brain and a will you can do whatever you want in life. Work is part of life, so is money.

which ones are the saps?

can you walk on water?

Gawd
12-06-2006, 06:22 PM

lawls...yet some ppl cant figure that shit out on their own...hard work doesnt make any sense to some ppl.

CherChezLaMarauder
12-06-2006, 06:26 PM

A way out of the 9 to 5 life, or a way out their salary? HmMMmM

Degree, strong will, lose fear, create ideas instead of excuses

if they don't want to, they're happy

a question for saps

V4D3R
12-06-2006, 06:35 PM
hell yeah, I've had a saying for quite some time now "whoever said money don't grow on trees was growing the wrong tree" lol. I can't wait till I get the money together to move outta my apt into my own house.

The real reason pot aint legal is because alot of people in the paper biz like Rockefeller, had it killed because it threatened that biz. Hemp also threatened the cotton monopoly, tobacco monopoly, oil monopoly, do the math on how much people's money was at risk for the sativa splenda.

Hemp is the greatest plant in existance to help make this world a better place.

Prolifical ENG
12-06-2006, 07:07 PM

I guess after that, saying you want more money is considered greed, on the other hand striving to improve your standard of living is a little different. Then beyond that is considering how harmful your living standards are to the rest of the environment and so on.