PDA

View Full Version : The End of 'War'?

LHX
12-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Seeing as war is becoming as unpopular as ever now, what are the alternative that the leading nations will look toward?

It is looking more and more that there is going to be an undesired exit from Iraq because the public perception of the occupation is so negative (and understandably so)

The problem arises, however, when you acknowledge that a lot of countries need to maintain pressure on other countries in order to continue their way of life.

So, if the United States cant maintain a blatant military presence in places like Iraq, what are the alternatives?

Is there going to be an increase in covert operations?

It is said that there was a lot more military action during Clinton's presidency than what people are aware of because of the cover of the Lewinsky scandal, and an all-round media hush on the situation.

But in this day and age of internet and media, perhaps that is not even possible.

The fact is that war is simply not a popular decision for a leader to make anymore, so what tactics will they resort to in order to maintain their position?

Add on

Civilison
12-05-2006, 10:26 PM
to be real concise...

i wonder if they will end the war or will it end the war...

pacha mama gonna have to defecate soon maybe?

the silencer
12-05-2006, 10:31 PM
for some reason i dont see them walkin away from Iraq....too much financial opportunity there...

i know theres talk about it all over the media now and everything is like "we must form an exit strategy" and all this bullshit but....i wood be really surprised if they walked away....

Civilison
12-05-2006, 10:36 PM
^

anything can happen man

it must be real crazy right now in the heads of those people who are in the thick of this political drama?

the world going in a funky direction...

V4D3R
12-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Before that happens - Bush will find a way to initiate Marshall Law and remain pres.- Get out of the USA while you can.

HANZO
12-06-2006, 02:57 PM
its not in mans nature to have no wars. there will always be wars you just cant stop it.

LHX
12-06-2006, 03:08 PM
its not in mans nature to have no wars. there will always be wars you just cant stop it.
thats why i have 'War' in quotation marks in the title

war will stop on the surface, but maybe not below it

also - i might contest the fact that 'war is in man's nature'

sounds like a bit of a cop out to me

are you personally incapable of not being at war?

HANZO
12-06-2006, 03:24 PM
thats why i have 'War' in quotation marks in the title

war will stop on the surface, but maybe not below it

also - i might contest the fact that 'war is in man's nature'

sounds like a bit of a cop out to me

are you personally incapable of not being at war?

has there been a time when man was not at war. weather it be all out fighting or secretive threats (cold war). because of the greater differences between the people of this world they will find a reason for war.

LHX
12-06-2006, 03:32 PM
has there been a time when man was not at war. weather it be all out fighting or secretive threats (cold war). because of the greater differences between the people of this world they will find a reason for war.

are you a man?

are you capable of not being at war?

HANZO
12-06-2006, 03:52 PM
are you a man?

are you capable of not being at war?

theres a old quote that says 'in times of peace prepare for war.' these days there may be no grand scale wars but think do nations need nukes then if they want peace??? why do nations invest billions of dollars on modern fighter jets and superior tanks. for peace. no way.
wat im sayin is man may say he does not want war but in the back of his mind he prepares for it.

LHX
12-06-2006, 03:55 PM
theres a old quote that says 'in times of peace prepare for war.' these days there may be no grand scale wars but think do nations need nukes then if they want peace??? why do nations invest billions of dollars on modern fighter jets and superior tanks. for peace. no way.
wat im sayin is man may say he does not want war but in the back of his mind he prepares for it.

thats not what i asked you

i asked: are you personally able to live a life without making somebody go to war with you? or declaring war on somebody?

HANZO
12-06-2006, 04:16 PM
depends on the situation. but yeah i am able to live without war. but there are situations where i feel it would be best for my people to go to war. i believe there are just some situations that can only be solved by war.

LHX
12-06-2006, 04:17 PM
depends on the situation. but yeah i am able to live without war.

so - if you are able to live without war, and you are a man, then doesnt that mean that it is NOT the nature of man to be at war?

HANZO
12-06-2006, 04:33 PM
so - if you are able to live without war, and you are a man, then doesnt that mean that it is NOT the nature of man to be at war?

no but theres the urge to in situations. and those situations arise up often. mans greed for success as seen from history is the start of wars. emperors wanted power and wealth and that was done by taking land. but look at recorded history has there been a time when there was peace in the world. the simple answer is no because there has always been conflicts, weather it be religious, economical or political. and all wars are started by man.

LHX
12-06-2006, 04:39 PM
no but theres the urge to in situations. and those situations arise up often. mans greed for success as seen from history is the start of wars. emperors wanted power and wealth and that was done by taking land. but look at recorded history has there been a time when there was peace in the world. the simple answer is no because there has always been conflicts, weather it be religious, economical or political. and all wars are started by man.
what about before recorded history?

i dont mean to be a dick, but seriously

if you dont declare war on others, and they dont declare war on you, there is no war

HANZO
12-06-2006, 04:56 PM
what about before recorded history?

i dont mean to be a dick, but seriously

if you dont declare war on others, and they dont declare war on you, there is no war

true if you dont declare war they dont. but then why do we have wars? why did the romans decide italy wasnt good enough and expanded into europe???

LHX
12-06-2006, 05:16 PM
true if you dont declare war they dont. but then why do we have wars? why did the romans decide italy wasnt good enough and expanded into europe???
thats the question right there

why why why why why????

its frustrating

Prolifical ENG
12-06-2006, 05:18 PM
It is true that we dont have "wars" anymore. Perhaps everyone knows "The Art of War" too well now. Some places in the world still do have those traditional wars and is taking a large amount of their resource base.

For alternatives, block all trading to a certain enemy country. If you can, try to convince other countries not to trade with them either. If you have a dozen friends, what is 1 foe going to do? Instead of attacking an enemy straight on, cut around the edges and make them weak.

LHX
12-06-2006, 05:27 PM
just ban them

for at least 3 or 4 days

CherChezLaMarauder
12-06-2006, 06:26 PM
War is universal and will never end, no way no how. The scientific balance of the elements of life? come on. "Man" will always bump heads, there'll always be disagreements, threats and greed. How you gonna compare one man's will with an entire nation's pressure? Corruption. Hard-on's for Power. You crazy?

War will never end.

LHX
12-06-2006, 06:32 PM
War is universal and will never end, no way no how. The scientific balance of the elements of life? come on. "Man" will always bump heads, there'll always be disagreements, threats and greed. How you gonna compare one man's will with an entire nation's pressure? Corruption. Hard-on's for Power. You crazy?

War will never end.
man

'never' is a really long time homie

are you sure about what you said up there?

CherChezLaMarauder
12-06-2006, 06:37 PM
absolutely...never...be greatful for the in-between-wars years.

LHX
12-06-2006, 06:44 PM
there will always be threats

but i can see greed ending and i can see disagreements not escalating to violence

war is part of a exhausting and abusive existence

a planet cannot hold sustain something like that forever

CherChezLaMarauder
12-06-2006, 06:56 PM
lol @ greed ending.

LHX
12-06-2006, 07:00 PM
lol @ greed ending.

are you greedy?

CherChezLaMarauder
12-06-2006, 07:14 PM
yes, i'm a glutton for sex, drugs and alcohol.

Don't compare an average, humble, civilian to a powerful ruler (of a democracy or not) involved in power, tradition and pressures (righetously so or not)

LHX
12-06-2006, 07:18 PM
civilians and rulers are different species?

i dont know what it would take to happen, but there is no way i can buy into this 'war is natural' nonsense

the universe is ruthless and when the balances shift, it can be violent

but that has nothing to do with mans capacity to live in respect with others

CherChezLaMarauder
12-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Aye dios, technically of course it's possible for greed to end.

Just like how murders and theft can end.

But will they?

LHX
12-06-2006, 09:01 PM
in a word:

yes

J-Cee
12-07-2006, 01:15 AM
The Leaders of the countries should have an arm wrestleing tournament to determine the winner.

maestro wooz
12-07-2006, 02:23 AM
man is capable of existing without war but political institutions aren't. Man is capable of being content, but you mix bjillions of dollars into the mix and there's no more concept of "enough".

i don't think it matters what the people cry about, nations are still gonna go to war. The general outcry was FOR war at the outset, especially into afghanistan and many people supported the war in iraq, so it's it not like theres a consistent trend of anti-war feelings. As long as the government controls the media and can gain the support of the people at the outset, war as we know it today december the 6th aint goin anywhere.

Dirty Knowledge
12-07-2006, 01:46 PM
I don't agree, war will never end in any way or fashion.

shaolinsword
12-07-2006, 01:48 PM
as long as man exists there will be war

Dirty Knowledge
12-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Basically.

CherChezLaMarauder
12-07-2006, 01:56 PM
"War" is nature of the beast. Mini-wars go on in everyday life; Corporations compete, people compete etc.

LHX
12-07-2006, 02:03 PM
hmmm

i wonder if the responses of people would change if they actually read the initial post

and noticed that 'War' is in quotation marks in the title of this thread

CherChezLaMarauder
12-07-2006, 02:09 PM
there are no alternative tactics among nations. Treaties are signed but are ignored sooner or later. Pretty sad and glommy if you think about it.

g_flex
12-07-2006, 02:12 PM
there will be 5 Major wars b4 complete collapse....the height of the vulture population

shaolinsword
12-07-2006, 02:18 PM
hmmm

i wonder if the responses of people would change if they actually read the initial post

and noticed that 'War' is in quotation marks in the title of this thread

no I didn't but I agree there probably will be an increase in covert operations although I still think as long as man exists there will be war

maestro wooz
12-07-2006, 03:06 PM
i dont think war is becoming unpopular, it just is this year.

HANZO
12-07-2006, 03:43 PM
thats the question right there

why why why why why????

its frustrating

imperialism, they want something new something they dont have. a example in history would be tamerlame the guy could have easily conquered europe but he didnt why because there was nothing there that would benefit him so he went for india and china. at the end of the day i guess its man fight for something that they dont have. its all too confusing reason why i said its in mans nature there really isnt another explanation for it.

Mad Axes
12-08-2006, 11:20 PM
we need to build up our military big time ... were gonna need it soon

LHX
12-08-2006, 11:51 PM
we need to build up our military big time ... were gonna need it soon
who?

which we?

7EL7
12-09-2006, 12:46 PM
conflict is what caused that spark in triple darkness to ignite

LHX
12-09-2006, 02:20 PM
conflict is what caused that spark in triple darkness to ignite
but was it about who got the newest shoes?

7EL7
12-09-2006, 05:15 PM
but was it about who got the newest shoes?

feets didn't exist at that time - it was just head and tail

i should know, cause i was there when it happened

LHX
12-09-2006, 06:41 PM
feets didn't exist at that time - it was just head and tail

i should know, cause i was there when it happened
dam yo

why dint you take pictures?

CherChezLaMarauder
12-09-2006, 09:39 PM
LHX is getting wishy washy on us in this thread. This is normally not you.

7EL7
12-10-2006, 10:45 AM
The boy represents the nations
the chicken represents natural disasters

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f156/cooley4/chickenrun.gif

LHX
12-10-2006, 10:58 AM
i just spit all over my computer

LHX
12-10-2006, 11:11 AM
im fuckin crying over here

omfg