PDA

View Full Version : High school dropouts

KidSha
12-05-2006, 08:37 PM
share your stories.. i been conteplating this ish for a lil while now.. share ur thoughts...

PEACE

LHX
12-05-2006, 08:45 PM
depends on your alternatives man

as long as you dont end up on the couch playing PS2 and 'making plans' all day, leaving school can be a positive decision

the soundest advice would be to have a plan, and if you dont stick to it, make sure you have an option to go back to school

snapple
12-05-2006, 09:05 PM
hell no, highschool is a great social experience and is a great long term investment. you gonna be on the block for the rest of your life if you drop out trust. go to school, look at your elders and see what theyre doing and how they got there.

LHX
12-05-2006, 09:14 PM
yeah - because the world is a great place right now thanks to all those people that went to school and graduated

Civilison
12-05-2006, 09:29 PM
a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him...

do what ya need boy!

but be careful whatever the decision

PEACE

snapple
12-05-2006, 10:16 PM
yeah - because the world is a great place right now thanks to all those people that went to school and graduated

fuck the world you need degrees to stack papaer

Tha Ill Shogun Lord
12-06-2006, 12:28 AM
a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him...

do what ya need boy!

but be careful whatever the decision

PEACE

i agree with this.

maestro wooz
12-06-2006, 12:50 AM
don't drop out. You limit yourself so badly so early. It's only high school, if it's really that bad you just gotta grit your teeth and go to your happy place or something. Don't drop out, bad idea.

Sicka than aidZ
12-06-2006, 12:58 AM
school just sucked for me, i dropped out, got a GED, im happy as a clam

maestro wooz
12-06-2006, 02:41 AM
share your stories.. i been conteplating this ish for a lil while now.. share ur thoughts...

PEACE

school just sucked for me, i dropped out, got a GED, im happy as a clam

DON'T DROP OUT

Bloo
12-06-2006, 03:25 AM
I'ma go on a little rant, check it.

It was told to me that back in the day when my parents (probably most of our parents here) were comming up, you could easily live a sucessful life off of just a High School education. My father for example, went into the Air Force straight out of high school and afterwards went to work for the phone company out in L.A., between him and his wife they easily clear six figures a year. He's been with the phone company for the last 26 years now and he's gone back to school for refresher courses for his job but never officially went to college for a degree in anything. So yeah, it was possible.

Now fast forward to today. The odds now say that a HS graduate is less likely to suceed without a higher education as opposed to say a dropout who has no future at all. But of couse those are odds, not nessicarly true. You got dropouts who own their own businesses, and you have Harvard graduates who are homeless or working shitty jobs that had nothing to do with what they went to school for that they probably could've gotten straight out of HS.

As for me, I dropped out when I was 16. Not cause I wanted to, but school wasn't on my mind at the time so I was doing really bad. Used that time to gain more world experience as my sisters and I did for self cause my mom was in prison. At 18, after she got out, I went back. Got my diploma at 19 from a junior college and went on with life.

Like what LHX said. No matter what you do make sure you have a plan. Make sure that you do the right thing for yourself. But at the same time know that without that piece of paper you're gonna have more hurdles to overcome. They might not hold as much weight as they used to, but they still do mean something.

PHENIX
12-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Dont drop out that will be the biggest mistake of your life. At least get your highschool diploma then after that F*ck school.

Visionz
12-06-2006, 09:40 AM
I'd ask what skill you have that are going to ensure that you'll be able to pay ur bills? I don't think you need a college degree to make it in alot of places. Usually experience in a field will win out over a piece of paper, but at the same time, most jobs that will offer beneficial experience are going to expect you to atleast have a h.s. diploma. Unless you have a VERY Obvious talent, I'd suggest sticking it out for the next couple of years, and truth be told my junior and senior year of highschool where some of the funnest, most care-free years of my life, but of course I don't really know your situation, just choose wisely.

AcidPhosphate69
12-06-2006, 01:14 PM
See, I fucked up. I could have easily made it through school workwise but I just wasn't feelin' it. The "public" high school in my town is some bullshit semi-private joke. If you love school, it's the shit I guess but if you're not into it, they don't give a fuck about you. My guidance counselor suggested I drop out. Either way, back to the point...IF you drop out, get your G.E.D. no matter what. No question on that one. Also, make sure you're working. It doesn't matter what but you're gonna need money.

maestro wooz
12-06-2006, 01:36 PM
high school teaches you discipline, responsibility, and how to get work done. If you can't even make it through high school, how are you gonna make it through the real world? I thought about dropping out for a little while also but eventually i came to realize that i was thinking about disadvantaging and stigmatizin myself for the rest of my life just cause i thought my teachers were dumb and i wasn't the most popular kid in my grade. School can suck, but dropping out is not the answer.

Prolifical ENG
12-06-2006, 01:50 PM
I highly encourage it.....more people needed for cheap physical labour and another lost soul competing for my job.

Dirty Knowledge
12-07-2006, 01:13 PM
If you're feeling stressed at school, pressured to get things done, blahzay blah. Then you should drop out. I offer this advice for one reason and that my friend is the G-E-D. School isn't for everyone and my mother told me that you should never stress school and I didn't. Don't get me wrong, I tried. It wasn't for me. I was the type of kid that had to be doing something stupid in order to feel good about himself. Anyway, if you feel you have the intelligence for college right now then you need to drop out sign up and take the GED. You can have that done within the next 2, 3 months maybe if you act now. Then you can enroll at a Community College and start doing your thing, looking to the future. OR... you can take the GED, pass, then take your SATs, pass, and get in to a State University if that floats your boat. Those are some options you have that some people may not be telling you, AKA knuckleheads on the block.

You can just stay in school. I see people bringing up social life and that's very true especially about the latter years of High School. Me I was unfortunate and never did experience the true High School life.. but I wish I did. I dropped out in 9th grade after being told I didn't have grades to make the Freshman B-Ball team. To this day I regret not going through High School because I know what change it would have had on my life. If I would have got a tutor the following year I could have been on JV. I could have gotten good grades, went to UF and maybe played football. Or even go to FSU like my sister and just go to the stadium every home game and watch late afternoon homegames in a beautiful city like Tallahassee. I can't even begin to honestly express how I feel about not finishing High School. The opportunities missed and the shit that followed dropping out.

If you decide to drop out, make sure your life is in order. Don't drop out if you're just hanging out with the fellas every day and doing bullshit. Drop out if you just can't take it anymore. Hope I could add some insight for you.. this is a topic that hits home with me.