PDA

View Full Version : Dead Prez

INF
12-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Some of ya'll might flip over this but I aint ever got a Dead Prez Record. I always knew they were there but I wasnt interested enough to get an album. They obviously dont play them on the radio(I never heard them there) and none of my ppls have ever really been into listenin to them.

I'm at albumbase right now and they got "lets get free" , "M-1 confidential" ,and "revolutionary but gangsta". Which should I listen to first?

I seen what these cats was all about on Dave's Block Party movie a while back and I forgot till just now to listen to a whole album.

crass
12-06-2006, 12:49 PM
let's get free is the best. the RBG album is fucking wack --- completely uninspired and they drop the more intelligent political lyrics of Let's Get Free for stupid gangster cliches. get Let's Get Free and the "turn off the radio volume 1" mixtape. some great stuff there.

INF
12-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanx Crass.:thumbup:

Kenny Powers
12-06-2006, 01:11 PM
they are like a new age public enemy. Im a huge fan, can bump out to any of their songs

maestro wooz
12-06-2006, 01:25 PM
i agree with crass on rbg. I picked that one up awhile ago hoping it would be nice and it held my interest for about a week. There's only about 3 worthwhile songs on it. It really put me off them and i'm now in the same boat as infinity.

Dokuro
12-06-2006, 04:10 PM
get free but id be suprized if you find the cd there band in almost evry record stor fuck you FCC

Bigot Hitman
12-06-2006, 04:15 PM
What, its a rapper named dead prez? i'm changin my screen name fuck that

INF
12-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Its not "a" rapper. Its 2 MC's.

I may as well make this thread for them since I already found the albums I wanted and all.

Stay Tuned.

*bumps Sublime's Second hand smoke album while gathering info for thread*

cap
12-06-2006, 04:52 PM
omg i dont believe how many people dislike RBG i love that album!!
i like it better than lets get free.

xHard to Earnx
12-06-2006, 05:05 PM
I've only heard LGF. I can't get into it at all. I don't know what's up with that.

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
12-06-2006, 05:15 PM
i cannot stand dead prez, saying their message is contradictory is an understatement

INF
12-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Kanye ripped a song off this album. The diamonds intro is from lets get free. Kanye is fraud. Its sad that these guys(Dead Prez) are not fighting for the cause anymore. Why do revolutionary artist die down after a while? Its like they aint getting the response that they want so they gotta go with the times so they can pay the rent.

xHard to Earnx
12-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Using the same sample is not ripping anyone off, goober.

Besides, he didn't even make that beat.

INF
12-17-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm not a goober. Go back to using the word nerd. You heard?

Kanye shouldnt rep with some music like that when he aint even tryin to start a revolution. Best thing he ever did was attack the president and make College Dropout. Period.

tajeco
12-17-2006, 03:35 PM
'Let's Get Free' was great, one of my top 20 hip-hop cds ever, but since then, not so much was that impressive.

Bedlam
12-17-2006, 10:35 PM
For some reason I dont find Let's Get Free to be so great, but I do love "Hip-Hop" and "Still Bigger Than Hip-Hop"

INF
12-17-2006, 10:46 PM
I cant stop playing Hip-hop when it comes on. That song is addictive. I repeat that shit like 5 times b4 I even go on to something else. I havent felt this way about a song in a long ass minute.

Battle 1
12-17-2006, 11:03 PM
For some reason I dont find Let's Get Free to be so great, but I do love "Hip-Hop" and "Still Bigger Than Hip-Hop"

Bedlam your information on your panel says your from Gainesville, Florida. And your not feeling Dead Prez ?? They from Miami aint they ?? I'm not saying you gotta feel them or like them. But I would think with you being from around like the same place they're from you'd know where their coming from more than anyone else does really. But maybe I'm wrong then.

Personally I think Dead Prez is one of the few groups that came for real for real with it on the mic in terms of their messages. But maybe your not feeling their style on the mic or something.

INF
12-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Lets get free is givin me a reason to write. I love that shit.

Battle 1
12-17-2006, 11:10 PM
How about this joint, how many peoples is feeling this one:
(Straight jewls in this one)

'They Schools'

0aJzZRQvLAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aJzZRQvLAs

[/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHeedxW9gbM"] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aJzZRQvLAs)

INF
12-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Hell yeah I'm feelin that song. I never seen the video. Thanx. The whole album is classic.

Battle 1
12-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Then there's also this one which is straight thug:
(Damn it has a dope like beat and flow too. I can definelty can ride to this one. Pimping the system no doubt.)

P.S: The joint starts after the intro. So it's the right video. Just wait or fast forward it after the whole video loads for the song or joint itself, but if you never seen this video than that intro is most definetly worth seeing no doubt.

Dead Prez - 'Hell Yeah'

VWneGr2E_qA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWneGr2E_qA

INF
12-17-2006, 11:23 PM
"Dont put me on dishes , I'm droppin them bitches"

I thought that the theme was dope as hell and the flows was nice but the beat was horrible. What album was this?

Lil' Ruger
12-17-2006, 11:26 PM
i saw dead prez in the record store today....and i didnt really know they wer artists a few days ago a substitute teacher said she listened to dead prez when i asked her what rap she listened to( she saw my dirty weaponry CD)

then today while scoping for CD's i spotted there album...i didnt pick it up though becasue i was looking for wu....i ended up getting OB4CL and 6 feet deep.

Battle 1
12-17-2006, 11:26 PM

I thought that the theme was dope as hell and the flows was nice but the beat was horrible. What album was this?

Not sure which album. But you really wasn't feeling that beat ? Okay understandable. It aint no Wu-tang beat but it is a Miami thing. Miami gets down with these kind of beats being the hometown of bass music and all.

:cool:

Battle 1
12-17-2006, 11:29 PM
i saw dead prez in the record store today....and i didnt really know they wer artists a few days ago a substitute teacher said she listened to dead prez when i asked her what rap she listened to( she saw my dirty weaponry CD)

then today while scoping for CD's i spotted there album...i didnt pick it up though becasue i was looking for wu....i ended up getting OB4CL and 6 feet deep.

Excellent picks. You won't be disappointed. At least I don't see how.

INF
12-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Not sure which album. But you really wasn't feeling that beat. Okay it aint no Wu-tang beat but it is a Miami thing. Miami gets down with these kind of beats being the hometown of bass music and all.

I like all kinds of beats. I like fast ones. You ever heard Neck of da woods by Mystakl(sp???) and outkast? That shit was hype for a fast beat.

Battle 1
12-17-2006, 11:38 PM
I like all kinds of beats. I like fast ones. You ever heard Neck of da woods by Mystakl(sp???) and outkast? That shit was hype for a fast beat.

Yeah, Mystical also raps fast as hell too. At least to me he does.

How about old skool Miami music like Poison Clan. Ever heard of them. They was the shit back in the days. JT Money, you heard of him ??

INF
12-17-2006, 11:42 PM
I heard a JT Money.

Battle 1
12-17-2006, 11:43 PM

Oh, and Outkast is definetly a dope group. I like especially the collabo''s they did with Goodie Mobb. But yeah, as a group alone even Outkast is the shit no doubt. They definetly have their hits anyways is what I mean. Some of their shit is straight fire.

Battle 1
12-17-2006, 11:46 PM
I heard a JT Money.

True, True. But probably later on though when he went solo and became really main-stream right ? But what about his Poison Clan days ?? It was him and Deavoner(spelling.??).

INF
12-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah, outkast handles things in the "human resource" department of things. They never have talked about a true revolution. They only touch on the joy that you can get from reaching higher self and also how beutiful outerspace and life is.

INF
12-17-2006, 11:49 PM
True, True. But probably later on though when he went solo and became really main-stream right ? But what about his Poison Clan days ?? It was him and Deavoner(spelling.??).

See thats the thing, I dont know nothin bout the poison clan.

crass
12-17-2006, 11:49 PM

RBG: THe Album

Bedlam
12-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Bedlam your information on your panel says your from Gainesville, Florida. And your not feeling Dead Prez ?? They from Miami aint they ?? I'm not saying you gotta feel them or like them. But I would think with you being from around like the same place they're from you'd know where their coming from more than anyone else does really. But maybe I'm wrong then.

Personally I think Dead Prez is one of the few groups that came for real for real with it on the mic in terms of their messages. But maybe your not feeling their style on the mic or something.

I'm not really sure where they're from, but Gainesville and Miami are nothing alike at all. I respect them, I just havent been able to get into the rest of the album like I did with Hip Hop.

Battle 1
12-17-2006, 11:52 PM
See thats the thing, I dont know nothin bout the poison clan.

No problem. I haven't heard that album in like ages really. But when I was growing up in Miami they was like the hottest underground rap group there was. That's how JT Money blew up like he did in main-stream terms afterwards. That shit is straight thug. At least it surely was back then. I wonder what it would sound like today cause I haven't heard them in ages.

Lil' Ruger
12-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Excellent picks. You won't be disappointed. At least I don't see how.

it was weird though because i had like 17 albums in my hand and then i would change my mind lol....

i ended up having 6 feet deep and a RZA album in my hand thern i spaced out and i thought i picked it up on accident.... snatched OB4CL and left

then in the middle of playing some ratchet and clank i realized i had originally wanted the album...

i dont even know what the album was called but i saw some dope ass songs i liked that were on it (chi kung and we pop i watched the vids on you tube)

i'll get it later....

also ya'll know any royal fam albums i heard some of there shit but i never saw any albums....barely any mention of them on this site.

Lil' Ruger
12-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Yeah, outkast handles things in the "human resource" department of things. They never have talked about a true revolution. They only touch on the joy that you can get from reaching higher self and also how beutiful outerspace and life is.

what about umbrellas??? listening to them i really appreciate umbrellas....

o and that class of 3000 show by andre3000 isnt that bad they do a song every week and its basically sound no rap lyrics so far....except for short ones by a character like two rhyming words.....

INF
12-17-2006, 11:56 PM
RBG: THe Album

Thats what I thought. Hence the Gangsta ass themes.

No problem. I haven't heard that album in like ages really. But when I was growing up in Miami they was like the hottest underground rap group there was. That's how JT Money blew up like he did in main-stream terms afterwards. That shit is straight thug. At least it surely was back then. I wonder what it would sound like today cause I haven't heard them in ages.

Its all good. I love music so much it drives me insane. I love to get up on new knowledge all the time. I just learned something right there.

Battle 1
12-17-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm not really sure where they're from, but Gainesville and Miami are nothing alike at all. I respect them, I just havent been able to get into the rest of the album like I did with Hip Hop.

True, True. The rest of their album isn't on the same level is what your saying maybe. I don't know really cause I haven't heard the whole entire album really. Only some of it actually. I was just wondering cause your from Florida. But I guess like you said Miami and Gainesville are nothing alike perhaps. But Gainesville is like a party college place cause of the college(s), right ??

crass
12-17-2006, 11:58 PM
RBG is a shit album. with the exception of a couple songs they are all Grade-C joints

Bedlam
12-18-2006, 12:03 AM
True, True. The rest of their album isn't on the same level is what your saying maybe. I don't know really cause I haven't heard the whole entire album really. Only some of it actually. I was just wondering cause your from Florida. But I guess like you said Miami and Gainesville are nothing alike perhaps. But Gainesville is like a party college place cause of the college(s), right ??

yup, Gainesville is pretty much dull except the campus is pretty wild with parties and shit, especially on gamedays. Nothin like Miami's big city and shit.