PDA

View Full Version : Q-Tips top 5 Alive MC's

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-06-2006, 08:03 PM
He gave his top 5 Alive list on Angie Martinez show, (not in order)

Jadakiss
Ghostface
Nas
Jay Z
Saigon

His word holds major weight for me, to put Saigon there already, got me listeneing :9

Kenny Powers
12-06-2006, 08:48 PM
i dont agree with jadakiss or jayz, how can he say them?

IrOnMaN
12-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Sad top five list. =/

INF
12-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Why Jada? What the hell is it about Jadakiss? Seriously. I hang my head in shame at Q-Tip. It may be a while before I can break out some ATCQ.....

xHard to Earnx
12-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Jada's real out of place there. The dude that said "how could he even say Jay" is stupid.

TAURO
12-06-2006, 10:00 PM
did it not occur to anyone that the reason he named those mc's in particular is because he most likley remains in close contact with them and felt obliged to name those mc's on a mainstream radio show.........I mean c'mon if he was to start saying "yeah im into RA the Rugged man, Masta Ace, MF Doom etc" the audience would not know who the fuck he was talking about so whats the point, just give the answers relevent to the show and thats it.

xHard to Earnx
12-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Or the audience would go "who the fuck is that?" and look into them. If he wanted to give exposure to dudes he would've.

INF
12-06-2006, 10:05 PM
But Tauro , thats what its all about. Shoutin out those that deserve props. If the masses aint familiar then how else do you expect that to change but word of mouth?

snapple
12-06-2006, 10:18 PM
why is jada out of place? what is wrong with jada?

xHard to Earnx
12-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Nothing's wrong with him (other than looking like a turtle). But if you're thinking of the top five, are you really going to put him up with Nas and Hov?

INF
12-06-2006, 10:32 PM
why is jada out of place? what is wrong with jada?

He aint top five in any way shape or mannor. I'll give him top 50. Thats bein nice.

TAURO
12-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Or the audience would go "who the fuck is that?" and look into them. If he wanted to give exposure to dudes he would've.

But Tauro , thats what its all about. Shoutin out those that deserve props. If the masses aint familiar then how else do you expect that to change but word of mouth?

I agree that he should give props to the people that truly deserve it but Q Tip aint perfect and there is nothing wrong in him liking mainstream artists either but I feel that he just mentioned some of the ones he like but highlighted mc's people know so they could relate.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-06-2006, 10:36 PM
relevent to the show and thats it.

nah but thats the thing, they weren't even talking about top 5 alive list, he just came out with it all of a sudden like "i heard about your top 5 alive lists, I wanna give my own list", they were like OK, it was on the Saigon mixtape lol

TAURO
12-06-2006, 10:40 PM
nah but thats the thing, they weren't even talking about top 5 alive list, he just came out with it all of a sudden like "i heard about your top 5 alive lists, I wanna give my own list", they were like OK, it was on the Saigon mixtape lol

In that case maybe Q-Tip has truly lost touch with what is dope if that is his top 5 but saying that his opinion on mc's most likley changes constantly like any other person so say we should just cut him some slack and not judge him so harshly.

Kenny Powers
12-06-2006, 10:48 PM
The dude that said "how could he even say Jay" is stupid.

having jayz in ur top 5 rappers of all time says alot about urself... mostly that ur a bitch...

Bloo
12-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah, Jada's good, Not that good though. Honestly I think Jay is better.

snapple
12-06-2006, 10:53 PM
He aint top five in any way shape or mannor. I'll give him top 50. Thats bein nice.

thats why it's q-tips list and not yours haha

INF
12-06-2006, 10:57 PM

You dont have permission to speak directly to me. Remember?:list: Edit your post and remember to stay sittin when you pee. You my favorite bitch and I cant have you fallen off. You start gettin all outta line and I'ma have to throw you back out to the wolves so you can remember what its like when you aint gotta pimp like me to look out after you.

Come on now.

Kenny Powers
12-06-2006, 10:57 PM

ok and the reason why dude posted this thread is to critque qtips top 5 you fuckin downer...

Bis Fan
12-06-2006, 11:05 PM
You people are stupid

truly stupid

How can sy someone is wrong based on their OPINION?

dumbasses I swear

snapple
12-06-2006, 11:11 PM
thats what im saying son, it's q-tips opinion, there is no universal top 5, people are so shocked and shit haha its retarded. people calling out q-tip because of his top5 and questioning q-tips credibility...who the fuck are these people?

and dart #2 hit my shoulder....pulls it out quickly

INF
12-06-2006, 11:14 PM
thats what im saying son, it's q-tips opinion, there is no universal top 5, people are so shocked and shit haha its retarded. people calling out q-tip because of his top5 and questioning q-tips credibility...who the fuck are these people?

and dart #2 hit my shoulder....pulls it out quickly

Please....You know exactly who the fuck this is.

Now hush little baby dont you cry...Daddy's gonna sing you a lullaby(absolutly no Homo(I know your ways)).

g_flex
12-06-2006, 11:14 PM
having jayz in ur top 5 rappers of all time says alot about urself... mostly that ur a bitch...

lol..wtf???

snapple
12-06-2006, 11:19 PM

Now hush little baby dont you cry...Daddy's gonna sing you a lullaby(absolutly no Homo(I know your ways)).

i wasnt reffering to you specifiicly it was multiple people....but if thats how you take it then whatever. and thats dart #3... MY TURN

and nah i aint ever heard of infinity the god other then on some wu-tang fourm. and im sorry but you wanting me to call u daddy and wanting to sing for me is homo...nothin u can do about it homie thats just some homo shit...calling me baby...eww...

g_flex
12-06-2006, 11:21 PM
though i put ghost way higher than jada, i still feel jada ran ova ghost on dat 'run' track....'my timbs start feeling like they nike airs on me'..'if they dont kill me they gonna gimme a number i cant do'...he's aight just that whoever makes his beats eats shoes...and some of y'all need ta cut that homo shitt..its really dumb n played outt holmes ..pz

INF
12-06-2006, 11:23 PM
i wasnt reffering to you specifiicly it was multiple people....but if thats how you take it then whatever. and thats dart #3... MY TURN

and nah i aint ever heard of infinity the god other then on some wu-tang fourm. and im sorry but you wanting me to call u daddy and wanting to sing for me is homo...nothin u can do about it homie thats just some homo shit...calling me baby...eww...

You was on some crybaby shit though. Why you care if I'm dissapointed with Q-Tip? And breakin you down to the form of a bitch could constitute my third "dart". I said "no homo". You gotta come with somethin else if you thinkin about clownin me.

snapple
12-06-2006, 11:49 PM
You was on some crybaby shit though. Why you care if I'm dissapointed with Q-Tip? And breakin you down to the form of a bitch could constitute my third "dart". I said "no homo". You gotta come with somethin else if you thinkin about clownin me.

nah i aint trying to clown, im just being real thats all. no homo doesnt mean something isnt gay...."yo dun i sucked this dudes dick last night....NO HOMO THOUGH"

J-Cee
12-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Jada with the right beats behind him is fire,love his Flow n shit and the dudes got personality too.

davedigital360
12-07-2006, 04:01 AM
did it not occur to anyone that the reason he named those mc's in particular is because he most likley remains in close contact with them and felt obliged to name those mc's on a mainstream radio show.........I mean c'mon if he was to start saying "yeah im into RA the Rugged man, Masta Ace, MF Doom etc" the audience would not know who the fuck he was talking about so whats the point, just give the answers relevent to the show and thats it.

True, but Masta ace, mf doom, RA the Rugged man aint the best rappers in the game. Don't get me wrong i like these guys the got game, but come on? to metion these guys as the best.... everything is opionated. Dont think im going at u GRIM. But evryone has a list of top whatever and when some doest agree with soem ones list eveyone starts freeking out. Hating aint cool any more.

crass
12-07-2006, 04:31 AM
Nothing's wrong with him (other than looking like a turtle).

tee hee

Negative Plethora
12-07-2006, 04:38 AM
Jada seems a lil outta place, but it seems like a somewhat Generic list.

Alcryt
12-07-2006, 05:33 AM

I agree, i dont see anything wrong with his list anyway if thats who he likes then hes entitled to say so

Robert
12-07-2006, 06:06 AM

Wtf? Only your momma calls me daddy......

Alcryt
12-07-2006, 06:11 AM

No offense but that sounded really corny lol

36 Men in the Night
12-07-2006, 06:28 AM
i dont agree with jadakiss or jayz, how can he say them?

co-sign

I think it's of course a main reason!!!

The Top 5 is his opinion, in my opinion only Nas & Ghostface would be in my Top 50!

Jada, hmmm...some good stuff, but not so good.

Saigon, maybe in 2/3 years, if he has more stuff out.

Jay-Z, I don't like him...

cap
12-07-2006, 07:24 AM
im gonna break some hearts here on the corp and say this.........ghostface is the one that doesnt fit in that list imo.
never been a ghost fan.

and that list really looks like he meant the top 5 mc's in heavy rotation (for lack of a better term) these guys have been putting out albums/mixtapes over the last years.
so i dont think he truly means 'living' mc's' cus than he would've sure as hell have given props to rakim,bdk and them....

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Nothing's wrong with him (other than looking like a turtle).

Rapheal

http://nahright.com/news/wp-content/images/Jadakiss_cheese.jpg

Jada

http://www.disobey.com/detergent/2002/sw123/tmnt.jpg

Dirty Knowledge
12-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Q-Tip is respectable.. he could put Kevin Federline as 3rd and I wouldn't bitch about it.

TAURO
12-07-2006, 12:13 PM
I honestly don't give a shit who his favourate mc's are and the fact that people have been bitching about who he chose for three pages just shows how retarded some people are.

Longbongcilvaringz
12-07-2006, 12:20 PM
most mc's from the golden era have a skewed opinion on hip hop anyway.

i guess its probably because growing up they were into soul and R&B rather than hip hop.

i remember in several interviews, gza and ghost saying that they dont listen to hip hop at all.

and meth said that the main artist he was feeling currently was young joc.

why should fans care about mc's favourite albums?

TAURO
12-07-2006, 12:27 PM
most mc's from the golden era have a skewed opinion on hip hop anyway.

i guess its probably because growing up they were into soul and R&B rather than hip hop.

i remember in several interviews, gza and ghost saying that they dont listen to hip hop at all.

and meth said that the main artist he was feeling currently was young joc.

why should fans care about mc's favourite albums?

Favourate albums and favourate mc's are entirely different things. I would be more interested in knowing a rappers favourate albums because it tells what sort of hip hop influenced him.

Longbongcilvaringz
12-07-2006, 12:30 PM
im saying apart from recent mc's, wu and others weren't really influenced by any hip hop. maybe the classic early stuff, but they are inovators who came with their own style. the same can be said for q-tip to some extent.

TAURO
12-07-2006, 12:32 PM
im saying apart from recent mc's, wu and others weren't really influenced by any hip hop. maybe the classic early stuff, but they are inovators who came with their own style. the same can be said for q-tip to some extent.

I knew what you meant first time I was just saying the thread would be worth all the bullshit debate if he was naming his favourate albums rather than mc's.

OTB
12-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Q-Tip was never all that anyway, AND one of my homeboyz vicked Phifey in a cipher at a party.

Here'z a vivrant top 5>

KRS RZA GZA G RAP Raekwon

Bodega Pop Tartz
12-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Wtf is this?:(W Maybe Tip is really feeling those Mc's he a legend what he gotta be scared of a radio show for. That's bull.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
12-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Sad top five list. =/

co sign